Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
My 6 has a weird discolored spot on the screen in a line where I typically swipe to scroll web pages. It doesn't bother me much but I've never had one do that before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

xzzy posted:

They should call it the iPhone Small, iPhone Medium, and iPhone Huge.

Then we can amuse ourselves with Goldilocks jokes.

iPhone Tall, iPhone Grande, iPhone Venti.

That should make about 63% of the population explode in apoplectic rage.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

AstroZamboni posted:

iPhone Tall, iPhone Grande, iPhone Venti.

That should make about 63% of the population explode in apoplectic rage.

iPhone, iPhone Mid, iPhone Max

iPad Jr, iPad, iPad and Cheddar, iPad Big Montana.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Kaizoku posted:

iPhone, iPhone Mid, iPhone Max

iPad Jr, iPad, iPad and Cheddar, iPad Big Montana.

Mini iPad, iPad, Maxi iPad.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
iPleb, iWanna, iOwn (saddle brown)

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Just installed 9.3.1 on my iPhone 6 plus and after it rebooted I am stuck trying to activate my phone. Worked perfect on 9.3. Trying to restore the phone now. Hopefully that fixes me up.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

badjohny posted:

Just installed 9.3.1 on my iPhone 6 plus and after it rebooted I am stuck trying to activate my phone. Worked perfect on 9.3. Trying to restore the phone now. Hopefully that fixes me up.

Please let us know! :ohdear:

It's installing to my mini 4 right now. Going to hold of for the moment on my 6s+.

e: mini 4 updated fine, no problems.

e2: doing full phone backup, will then update and post results.

Unity Gain fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 31, 2016

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Unity Gain posted:

It's installing to my mini 4 right now. Going to hold of for the moment on my 6s+.

it looks to have worked. But 9.3.1 worked fine for a few hours. Then my phone just freaked out and rebooted. Then I could not activate.

Now i get to restore all my stuff...

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Played with an SE at the apple store today and wow it is so tiny. How does .7 inches make such a difference??

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
It's 0.7" smaller in diagonal, which makes it have 20% less surface area than the iPhone 6/6s.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bass Bottles posted:

Played with an SE at the apple store today and wow it is so tiny. How does .7 inches make such a difference??
Ask your girlfriend. :smug:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

If in another 3-years Apple makes a 5SE^2 with updated internals they'll get another few hundred dollars.

Posted from my 5SE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

9.3.1 seems to have fixed some slowdown I was getting on 9.3 on a 6s+ :kiddo:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

9.3 has been giving me weird rotation issues. If I'm on landscape, sometimes when I rotate back, the status bar will stay in landscape. But just the status bar. It's weird.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

9.3 has been giving me weird rotation issues. If I'm on landscape, sometimes when I rotate back, the status bar will stay in landscape. But just the status bar. It's weird.

That's been around for a while. I was getting that on 9.2 and previous. It happened a lot when switching back and forth between full screen apps and iMessage. Landscape mode on iPhones is such a half assed thing.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Unity Gain posted:

6s+ done now too, hoping it doesn't freak out after a few hours use.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
My iPhone case is made from reclaimed Tesla seats because I like having rich guys' asses near my face

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

My iPhone case is made from reclaimed Tesla seats because I like having rich guys' asses near my face

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL SADDLE BROWN

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I cannot believe how many apps the SE can keep in memory. Totally different experience all around from my 5S, and it even puts my Nexus 6 to shame with loading and multitasking. I'm going to love this thing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

se is the best iphone

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Lblitzer posted:

I cannot believe how many apps the SE can keep in memory. Totally different experience all around from my 5S, and it even puts my Nexus 6 to shame with loading and multitasking. I'm going to love this thing.

Mine is at UPS waiting for my pickup in a couple days. What exactly do you mean by keeping apps in memory? My iphone 5 keeps every app in the background until it's closed. Or do you mean it's letting them run fully or something and not just storing the fact that they're open?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
You know when you switch between apps and the app you switch to has to reload?
That's because the OS purged it from RAM when the foreground app needed it.

The SE has 2GB of RAM and a "low" res screen so in general it will be able to keep more apps in memory at once.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I've been noticing lately that my lock screen will randomly tell me "Touch ID needs your passcode to be enabled" or whatever the actual message is. It's really weird to me because it's never done it before. I'm on 9.3 but I don't know if this is a recent thing that started with 9.3 or not. I know that this happens when I restart my phone, but this happens randomly when I don't restart my phone as well. Like it happened just now and my phone hasn't been restarted in the past hour I've been sitting here.

Does anyone else experience this and how do I fix it?

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Boris Galerkin posted:

I've been noticing lately that my lock screen will randomly tell me "Touch ID needs your passcode to be enabled" or whatever the actual message is. It's really weird to me because it's never done it before. I'm on 9.3 but I don't know if this is a recent thing that started with 9.3 or not. I know that this happens when I restart my phone, but this happens randomly when I don't restart my phone as well. Like it happened just now and my phone hasn't been restarted in the past hour I've been sitting here.

I've had this for like forever on every touch ID device I've owned (3 so far) since they added touch ID to iOS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I'm pretty sure it asks you this after a certain amount of hours. ALSO back on my 5s, the device would do sneaky restarts the odd time that you didn't really notice unless you were using the device at the time and that also caused it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

VelociBacon posted:

Mine is at UPS waiting for my pickup in a couple days. What exactly do you mean by keeping apps in memory? My iphone 5 keeps every app in the background until it's closed. Or do you mean it's letting them run fully or something and not just storing the fact that they're open?
The task switcher is really just a list of recently used apps. It's not representative of what is actually running in the background. iOS automatically manages what stays open and what doesn't based on available RAM. As apps update they can potentially become bigger memory hogs, resulting in your phone actually performing worse over time. Lately on my 5c, I'll just answer a text and then the app I was just using has to restart. It's gotten really bad! So glad my SE is on the way.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

are you guys sure the touchid processor is an old version? this thing loving flies for me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The first-gen sensor is definitely not slow by any measure, so I'm not surprised. If anything, the 6s sensor is too fast.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

my 5s one was just bad, then. christ i want to buy ten of these drat phones just to make sure i never run out. loving perfect

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

day one with the se: no issues at all. i love this phone.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

The battery life on this thing is off the loving chain.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress this gay 6S, I need an se

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

my 5s one was just bad, then. christ i want to buy ten of these drat phones just to make sure i never run out. loving perfect

I know you're being facetious, but I expect that the SE will see annual refreshes just like all the other Apple stuff.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

AstroZamboni posted:

The battery life on this thing is off the loving chain.

I don't want to be this guy, but seriously I got mine at noon yesterday and with virtually non stop use until 1am i still had 40% battery. It's also so much faster than my 6s+ at loading everything its actually the perfect iPhone. i can also touch the top corner of the screen again and I don't feel like I have sexy lady hands anymore.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

nerdrum posted:

It's also so much faster than my 6s+ at loading everything its actually the perfect iPhone.

no it's not

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I woke up at 7:30am yesterday and took my phone off the charger. Went to work by subway (so no signal, radio hunting). Went out for a smoke and to grab lunch around 1pm, went to text my friend, and my battery was still at 100%. Literally. Not 99%, but 100%. She has an iPhone 5 with awful battery life so I mocked her crappy battery life.

But seriously I got home around 6pm with 91% battery life. 6S kicks rear end. All I really did was turn off background Mail updates, which you might not want to do, but I don't get anything time-sensitive in my personal email and gently caress if I'm burning battery to update work email, they can call me if they need me.

Been Spotify streaming all day and I'm at 82% at 3:20pm or so. Apple's got the battery poo poo on lock.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Don't compare batteries with 0 cycles to a heavily used phone.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

cowofwar posted:

Don't compare batteries with 0 cycles to a heavily used phone.

My battery doesn't have 0 cycles, daily use since the 6S launched, I got it in the mail on day 1. Not that long ago, but still. Of course a 3 year old 5 isn't going to hold up, I was just giving my friend poo poo because she's always mad at her battery and I'm mean.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

Pivo posted:

My battery doesn't have 0 cycles, daily use since the 6S launched, I got it in the mail on day 1. Not that long ago, but still. Of course a 3 year old 5 isn't going to hold up, I was just giving my friend poo poo because she's always mad at her battery and I'm mean.

I mean, anyone's battery life will be pretty amazing if they hardly use their phone at all while at work all day as it seems like you do. Even my 6S+ would be around 70% after a 9-5 work day in an office with good reception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fun and pointless fact but I've literally never seen my 6s+ out of battery after four months of owning it.