Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Rust Martialis posted:

Extractors are local, injectors anywhere, like plex.

Don't Be Batuka.

Don't Be Legendiron.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/52915536/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SOTG TL;DR-

-Two big timers to fight over today. Helping allies first immediately, then later fighting for VFK.
-Stain + Elo Knight's mercs will be joining us.
-Switching mainline doctrine to megathrons and apocs.
-Fweddit back as well (yay chikunz.)

So basically, here we go Fountain 2.0. :hellyeah:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hubbl3 posted:

Like in the real world. The guys who sell the weapons always win.

Jews

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Little known fact: a blood magic ritual was conducted last night in the RFY-QB constellation, with chants in Dutch and Finnish.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Magres posted:

how much are the russians getting involved?

last i heard they were mostly staying out of things

also which russians (ie which alliances/coalitions)

Soviet Union and Stainwagon were mentioned specifically.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Is TCF going to come and save us and/or give us another couch to sleep on?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

Little known fact: a blood magic ritual was conducted last night in the RFY-QB constellation, with chants in Dutch and Finnish.

i know what that means

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

Is TCF going to come and save us and/or give us another couch to sleep on?

somebody better

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4cx43x/hi_guys_whats_going_on_in_eve_online/

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I guess Branch lives to see another day.

Ptylerdactyl
Aug 3, 2015
is Ullerrm still around? I wasn't around for the last 300 or so pages of the last thread. thread needs food posts. :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ptylerdactyl posted:

is Ullerrm still around? I wasn't around for the last 300 or so pages of the last thread. thread needs food posts. :(

yes flanders is around

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
when does the vfk poo poo go down

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Foehammer007 posted:

The timerboard looks like it's saying about an hour and a half.
https://timerboard.net/Deklein

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Foehammer007 posted:

timer is in ~90 minutes

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Foehammer007 posted:

TCU comes out at 20:08
Station comes out at 20:19
Ihub comes out at 20:53

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
actual dumb question: why do dudes keep forming up for ihubs, i thought they weren't that important compared to stations

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

I think it comes down to a death by a thousand cuts kind of thing.

also, megathrons.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Not gonna play eve again but I actually hope goons lose VFK because I feel the entire thing will be both more fun for me to watch and more fun for you guys to fight if you lose the first one

second one? whatever

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Potato Salad posted:

Like, I don't get why people in EvE ragged on Something Awful so hard. It's a really cool place.

Back in the day, the big king shits of the game tried to drive goons out. Goons told them to get hosed, created the most powerful military force the game has ever known, and proceeded to curb stomp everyone and everything repeatedly for about a decade. A large portion of the game that isn't made up of goons now consists of people that have gotten owned at one time or another by them.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Well UQ9 was easy.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

-Troika- posted:

Back in the day, the big king shits of the game tried to drive goons out. Goons told them to get hosed, created the most powerful military force the game has ever known, and proceeded to curb stomp everyone and everything repeatedly for about a decade. A large portion of the game that isn't made up of goons now consists of people that have gotten owned at one time or another by them.

I think we've shitstomped every current major nullsec entity at some point except xdeath

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

bonewitch posted:

actual dumb question: why do dudes keep forming up for ihubs, i thought they weren't that important compared to stations

it's actually quite the opposite

fozziesov things are harder to capture when the ADM (Activity Defense Multiplier) is higher

ihubs are what allow ADMs to accumulate in the first place, and blowing one up drops the ADM to the minimum

stations on the other hand are necessarily in nullsec, and thus terrible places to stage from, letting hostiles dock in them is nbd, their funeral

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!
OK obviously there is a ton of politics and good-guy bad-guy stuff going on here, but what do I need to do if I just want to join as a nameless dude who can get in a ship and throw myself at some stuff? Barely remember how to play the game (last time I did anything was like 2007) - I have a character that's got like 65 million exp and some useful skills but not much $ or ships.

Don't post much on SA anymore, so i'm guessing i'm not eligible for any Goon corps... Just have a ton of time this weekend so maybe I could be of use to jump in a crappy ship and point me at something.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Siets posted:

So basically, here we go Fountain 2.0. :hellyeah:

Except most of BL is in PL now.

Russians are still split up.

And you're defending for the first time, in a long time.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

At work crew.. Please tell me the megathron thing is not an April Fools joke.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

randoark posted:

OK obviously there is a ton of politics and good-guy bad-guy stuff going on here, but what do I need to do if I just want to join as a nameless dude who can get in a ship and throw myself at some stuff? Barely remember how to play the game (last time I did anything was like 2007) - I have a character that's got like 65 million exp and some useful skills but not much $ or ships.

Don't post much on SA anymore, so i'm guessing i'm not eligible for any Goon corps... Just have a ton of time this weekend so maybe I could be of use to jump in a crappy ship and point me at something.

you're probably fine for waffe as long as you don't have like hideous eve corp history and even then i am not sure we care

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I kind of want to get in on throwing my corpse at things too, but I don't think I post enough to count as being active on the forums.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Glory of Arioch posted:

it's actually quite the opposite

fozziesov things are harder to capture when the ADM (Activity Defense Multiplier) is higher

ihubs are what allow ADMs to accumulate in the first place, and blowing one up drops the ADM to the minimum

stations on the other hand are necessarily in nullsec, and thus terrible places to stage from, letting hostiles dock in them is nbd, their funeral

ah, i didn't realize adms were tied to the the ihub

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
lol at the current battlefield situation

just lol

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Money Badger Memelords. UQ9 timer is ours! :laugh:

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Give them hell goons. Either way, the eve thread is the best and worst thread to follow during wars.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'm watching a stream and we won the timer but there's 3500 hostiles in Uq9 right now? Wish you goons the best today. :munch:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm watching a stream and we won the timer but there's 3500 hostiles in Uq9 right now? Wish you goons the best today. :munch:

i think its more like 2500 but its still about 2.5x

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Siets posted:

RIP Money Badger Memelords. UQ9 timer is ours! :laugh:

they didn't want that timer anyway

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I'm on one side of this war, but I don't really care about the outcome. It's all just content - some activity in this game at last. Everyone should be happy and not foaming at the mouth over nerds doing nerd things or whatever.

Can't we all just get along and press F1 like amigos?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

randoark posted:

Try to join waffe, the instructions are in the OP

The worst that happens is you don't get in and then join something else.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
War update for those of us at work crew?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Huge_Midget posted:

War update for those of us at work crew?

Imperium just won the UQ timer

thousands of angry hostile nerds trapped in time dilation bubbles

co2 logs posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Plavski posted:

I'm on one side of this war, but I don't really care about the outcome. It's all just content - some activity in this game at last. Everyone should be happy and not foaming at the mouth over nerds doing nerd things or whatever.

Can't we all just get along and press F1 like amigos?

you're talking about content and poo poo you're already lost to the abyss of retard

• Locked thread