Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Cerebral Bore posted:

How much of a thin-skinned babby do you have to be to get salty over a gay anime avatar?

has more to do with the fact that i wasted 5 bucks dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
How cheap do you have to be to get salty over losing a femma?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i'm not a corporate fat cat or 3O so i don't have unlimited supply of femmas to spend on nothing

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

Did you not see the words Nokia and Lumia? Or are you perhaps a god drat idiot who thinks the web browser on this thing actually works to a usable degree?

Nokia has always had lovely software support, despite the good hardware. This was even more apparent when the iPhone hit the market. In that sense it was perfect Microsoft bought Nokia's phones.

Here is a good alternative to Google Maps, though. I guess that's why Nokia sold it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
mun lumia toimii ihan ok ilman mitään appeja

josposin kuvaketju ja pyffin giffiketju kyllä tökkii, mutta ne tökkii kanssa mun läppärin firefoksillakin, syynä on todnäk se ettei kaikki selaimet ole tehty näyttämään sataa animaatiota samaan aikaan

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My work gave us Lumias a work phone.

It's loving rat poo poo

I'm not lying I want to throw it at a wall on a daily basis. Good thing the phones were sold to an American company so I don't have to factor in patriotism when buying a phone

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hogge Wild posted:

mun lumia toimii ihan ok ilman mitään appeja

josposin kuvaketju ja pyffin giffiketju kyllä tökkii, mutta ne tökkii kanssa mun läppärin firefoksillakin, syynä on todnäk se ettei kaikki selaimet ole tehty näyttämään sataa animaatiota samaan aikaan

Oh no, not the yospos and pyf gif threads :o

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

It's loving rat poo poo

I'm not lying I want to throw it at a wall on a daily basis. Good thing the phones were sold to an American company so I don't have to factor in patriotism when buying a phone

I've liked my (high end) Lumias a lot, I'm sticking to them even now that I no longer have patriotism as a reason to get them

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

It's loving rat poo poo

mikäs niissä on huonoa

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

mikäs niissä on huonoa

You.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

I hope no-one thought I bought this. I'm not a masochist.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Hogge has lumia, wow, never bying one.

I got in to the whole "smart phone" thing like 5 years ago, when I got xcover, which I used until the glass shattered and I lost it in a forest when drunk. Then I had a cheapo samsung trend for a while which I also broke. Now I've had S3 samsung for 2 years or something, I might upgrade when it breaks.

I never understood why change just because "it's new! it has new features!" It's a loving phone, you make calls and texts, and these days browse some internet with it. What the gently caress more do you need?

I hid like 95% of the useless apps that came with it because, they're useless

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Did you not see the words Nokia and Lumia? Or are you perhaps a god drat idiot who thinks the web browser on this thing actually works to a usable degree?

Works for me, but then again, I have a real computer to shitpost from

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

mikäs niissä on huonoa

No app works well (usually have to restart the phone when they freak) the browsers suck poo poo (either they have text that is too small and ypu can't change or are unable of displaying different fonts, images etc.) it's slow, it doesn't rememver if I am logged in, there is a 0.95gig random video file that I can't delete...without getting an xbox luve accounr....so basically everything

hilarious error on hs.fi http://i.imgur.com/2lWGLRR

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Another citizen initiative has passed the threshold, this time demanding the removal of the "taitettu indeksi" for pensioners with over 80 000 signatures. (Long story short: It's the kind of index that cuts pensions for old farts. You can probably guess what demographic was interested.)

Some people have called for a generational civil war to wipe out seniors from leeching the younger generations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Oh, looks like on Monday we'll know more about tax haven shenanigans, since YLE's investigative journalism magazine MOT is airing an episode about The Biggest Leak Evar. They're going to name names, and some are apparently big.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Well-off pensioners on ansiosidonnainen eläke want more money while everything else is being cut. A+ timing.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 31, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rexroom posted:

Another citizen initiative has passed the threshold, this time demanding the removal of the "taitettu indeksi" for pensioners with over 80 000 signatures. (Long story short: It's the kind of index that cuts pensions for old farts. You can probably guess what demographic was interested.)

Some people have called for a generational civil war to wipe out seniors from leeching the younger generations.

On a personal level I'm OK for paying for all the old war & close post-war farts, they built this thing and are pretty much the last generation to live in anything else then a first world country, they deserve it on the mental trauma alone.

My parents generation is worthless. Mine probably won't be much better but if you're my age and are counting on a pension lol who the gently caress is going to pay for that, the invisible babies of our imagination?

Probably not something one should legislate on though

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 31, 2016

doverhog
May 31, 2013

By the time you are pension age the whole system will have been replaced by basic income, funded by taxing robots and the capital that owns them. Or we'll all be slaves to the 0,01%, just gonna have to see.

Taitettu indeksi only affects those who receive työeläke, so the poorest pensioners would not benefit at all from it's removal.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 31, 2016

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Rexroom posted:

i mean why not

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Rexroom posted:

Oh, looks like on Monday we'll know more about tax haven shenanigans, since YLE's investigative journalism magazine MOT is airing an episode about The Biggest Leak Evar. They're going to name names, and some are apparently big.

:getin:

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016033121348437_uu.shtml

Timo Soini posted:

Otetaan esimerkiksi maahanmuuttokysymys. Tänne tuli hallitsemattomasti porukoita ja nyt kun se loppui, se on perussuomalaisten ansiota.

Yeah ok whatever lol

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Rexroom posted:

Should I foster high hopes for this to actually leading to some actions or...?

For example, half the government are featured in the episode and they get kicked out. Not gonna happen but one can dream.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Nothing's going to happen except a CEO commenting that tax avoidance is perfectly legal and the government saying that they'll form a new valiokunta which ends up doing nothing.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I had no idea Timo Soini was moonlighting as a Swedish border guard.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antti posted:

I had no idea Timo Soini was moonlighting as a Swedish border guard.

He's also apparently Erdogan & Vladimir Putin.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
yle leikkasi vapaustaistelia azizksen seikkailut pois vanhoista kummeli-jaksoista koska ne muka aiheuttaisivat mielipahaa

ainakin mokomat on youtubessa joten ne ei unohdu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyHXHAs0DCI

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Triple A posted:

yle leikkasi vapaustaistelia azizksen seikkailut pois vanhoista kummeli-jaksoista koska ne muka aiheuttaisivat mielipahaa

ainakin mokomat on youtubessa joten ne ei unohdu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyHXHAs0DCI

drat that YLE for denying our freedoms - even if it was the Kummeli guys who wanted to cut those sketches out. We need our casual racist Finnish humor, stuff like laplanders or gypsies.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Pelkäävätkö Kummelin pojat että kohta käy allahu akbarit jos uudet siirtolaiset näkevät sketsit :haw:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
tuokaa takaisin manne tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp-6aKQbKNE

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
it's beautiful

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

drat that YLE for denying our freedoms - even if it was the Kummeli guys who wanted to cut those sketches out. We need our casual racist Finnish humor, stuff like laplanders or gypsies.

The only problem is morons like you watching the sketches and thinking "d'ahhh, alls laplanders and gyepsies liek that" and then acting as if it's true.

Everyone else knows those are stereotypes with humorous context, not reflective of real life, and absolutely on one else will imagine laplanders run around with hay under their hats, and will understand complaining about that sketch is stupid.

You are the only real racist because you cannot understand context and intent, only "racial" characteristics which you then attribute to everyone from said group just to feel insulted.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

Everyone else knows those are stereotypes with humorous context, not reflective of real life

Have you ever actually talked to anyone outside of internet? Let alone to a real sami or roma?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Ligur posted:

The only problem is morons like you watching the sketches and thinking "d'ahhh, alls laplanders and gyepsies liek that" and then acting as if it's true.

Everyone else knows those are stereotypes with humorous context, not reflective of real life, and absolutely on one else will imagine laplanders run around with hay under their hats, and will understand complaining about that sketch is stupid.

You are the only real racist because you cannot understand context and intent, only "racial" characteristics which you then attribute to everyone from said group just to feel insulted.

Do you ever read your posts? Even when typing them?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

5/5

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Do you ever read your posts? Even when typing them?

reading is for faggots

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
The kummeli sketches are funny because they are accurate

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

reading is for faggots

On the contrary my good man I find the works of J.R.R. Tolkien quite inspiring! Did you know Quenya was inspired by Finnish? Násië!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

On the contrary my good man I find the works of J.R.R. Tolkien quite inspiring! Did you know Quenya was inspired by Finnish? Násië!

it was also inspired by many other languages, but for some reason fingolfins forget it