Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Basically everything in that CO2 log happened with TEST. They came to us as a barely functional alliance, kept demanding things that they didn't deserve, kept blaming us for their own internal fuckups, etc. Their final straw of being pushed around by the CFC was when Mittani said "don't use our Jabber to plot to kill our ally FA".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Magres posted:

Whatever happened to sour things so much between test and goons?

Long, long ago I was in Dreddit when it was first starting and I remember like day one, a Goon battleship attacked our lovely little civilian laser mining up and we swarmed it to death and goons were pretty much like daw little bees come be friends and let us crash on their couch and turn into a real corp. I quit a few months later because actually playing eve bores the poo poo out of me, but I never really heard why that friendship crashed and burned

Short version: TEST became inundated with shitlers, most of Dreddit's good people fled to Fweddit, we murdered what was left of TEST in cold blood, and they've hated us ever since.

Longer version: Montolio decided that he wanted power and prestige, and pulled TEST out of the CFC to start his own megacoalition in Fountain, the HBC (Honeybadger Coalition) -- and largely did it with our blessing, with the CFC keeping TEST blue. His megacoalition grew fast, but turned sour quickly. They started having border skirmishes with FA, which led to a mutual reset. Then, the R64 rebalance came in, we realized that Fountain was a gold mine and that we didn't really like TEST anymore, so CFC started an invasion of Fountain, which turned into the Fountain War, which we won. TEST was left without space and ended up putzing around Faction Warfare for years, then finally came to prominence again when Fozziesov came out.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
oh yeah i remember reading about montolio going loving bonkers

didnt he have a complete meltdown over losing the fountain war or something

E: to be clear it sucks that he was having problems like that, and i hope he's doing better

it's also funny as poo poo when people have meltdowns over internet spaceships

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 1, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Magres posted:

didnt he have a complete meltdown over losing the fountain war or something

E: to be clear it sucks that he was having problems like that, and i hope he's doing better

it's also funny as poo poo when people have meltdowns over internet spaceships

i think it was his replacement booda that really completely lost it when they lost the war

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Magres posted:

He didn't go bonkers. He acted like a typical redditor. Entitled, socially stunted, and a lot dumber than his perception of himself. It is the fate of all reddit-based alliances. Eventually we'll have to put down the Karmafleet horse, years down the road.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What happened to that whole "you don't leak diplo stuff because nobody will ever trust you" kinda thing?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
when I fake logs I make sure to do three years of it

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

SperginMcBadposter posted:

What happened to that whole "you don't leak diplo stuff because nobody will ever trust you" kinda thing?

Pretty sure when you betray longtime allies you are no longer entitled to be treated like anything other than a dead man walking.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Oh no now co2 won't trust us!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
man for like the first hour of reading about the war right after the poo poo with co2 happened i was really confused cause I kept reading about Circle Of Two and CO2 and going "wait who are these circle of two jerks and why is there a carbon dioxide alliance"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, goons winning this one?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

yep

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
For those interested, there is a TL:DR/Epitaph at the end which summarizes most of the major points. If you want to find the best stuff it is easily the drama regarding ITAI. The rest of it is more of a narrative of growing greed.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yes. Our enemies are finding out the hard way that you can't just make Big Turnout Hurfposts and magically blob your way to a new nullsec. You actually need to coordinate your poo poo and show up to the right timers on time, properly account for TiDi, and win sov objectives as a result. For all the whinging about "goon blobbing" that our enemies harp, they always conveniently overlook the real reasons for our history of success in bloc warfare: our superior organization and strategy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yup! We've gone back to our roots of being massive dicks and providing no fun allowed to elite pvp tryhards.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
A couple of questions? How long ago was the Fountain War? I remember I tried out Eve back then, but I can't remember how long ago it was

Also, so I'm watching the TMC twitch stream, why is this guy wearing a weird hat? Is this delayed? He can't be talking about tactics in realtime, right? Also, is there a better stream to watch to keep up to date on this stuff?

Similarly, everyone is talking poo poo about TMC, where should I go to get news about things that are going on (besides this thread)?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'll check back in when someone has lost 100 supers, worthless or not.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

GigX and CO2 are retards and eastern euro scum, this isn't news and it's disingenuous to pretend it's just about what they're like on a personal basis.

Further, what does it say about the CFC that such people were your ~valued allies~ right up until they decided to backstab you?

You might want to iron out your talking points with your valued allies in test alliance and your chosen community of reddit because they are hailing co2 as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well they've lost Vale, Tenal, Tribute, and a gently caress load of ships, isk, and members.

But hey they won 1 ihub timer today and have a station timer coming up so we'll see?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Short version: TEST became inundated with shitlers, most of Dreddit's good people fled to Fweddit, we murdered what was left of TEST in cold blood, and they've hated us ever since.

Longer version: Montolio decided that he wanted power and prestige, and pulled TEST out of the CFC to start his own megacoalition in Fountain, the HBC (Honeybadger Coalition) -- and largely did it with our blessing, with the CFC keeping TEST blue. His megacoalition grew fast, but turned sour quickly. They started having border skirmishes with FA, which led to a mutual reset. Then, the R64 rebalance came in, we realized that Fountain was a gold mine and that we didn't really like TEST anymore, so CFC started an invasion of Fountain, which turned into the Fountain War, which we won. TEST was left without space and ended up putzing around Faction Warfare for years, then finally came to prominence again when Fozziesov came out.

The lead up to the test war was AMAZING and the most fun I've ever had in eve online. Black Ops was deployed and we were loving massacring TEST's blues while still blue to TEST. We were taking TEST's own JB system to hunt down their allies. There were quite a few hilarious moments where we'd kill one of TEST's blues on their own jump bridge and TEST would lock us all up like they were gonna shoot first but never did.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

crew posted:

You might want to iron out your talking points with your valued allies in test alliance and your chosen community of reddit because they are hailing co2 as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

What do you expect from a reddit-based alliance?
"They're great now so they've always been great!"

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Lets say I want to roll around entosising the systems that get taken. What's the best ship to do it in? Interceptor? Seems like anything else will just get caught and blobbed eventually.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

dragonstalking posted:

Well they've lost Vale, Tenal, Tribute, and a gently caress load of ships, isk, and members.

But hey they won 1 ihub timer today and have a station timer coming up so we'll see?

Since your goal is the destruction of the Imperium you still have a lot of work to do. But I know how this is going to play out: You will lose interest in about 2 weeks and go to somewhere else while declaring victory. The usual stuff.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

ranbo das posted:

Lets say I want to roll around entosising the systems that get taken. What's the best ship to do it in? Interceptor? Seems like anything else will just get caught and blobbed eventually.

You can't entosis in an interceptor. The boats of choice for basically both sides are the Prophecy or Drake, Maller if you're cheap.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Hubbl3 posted:

Since your goal is the destruction of the Imperium you still have a lot of work to do. But I know how this is going to play out: You will lose interest in about 2 weeks and go to somewhere else while declaring victory. The usual stuff.

Would you say we're not winning fast enough?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scandoslav posted:

Yeah it takes a real wordsmith to plagiarize a press release.

I made $300 a month off TMC doing that :toot:

GaussianCopula posted:

Is it just me or does Mittani do a really, really good Hardcore History Dan Carlin impression?

It's just you.

Speaking of, Blueprint for Amageddon is super good.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Endie posted:

endie it turns out you have some great friends in co2

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Endie posted:

You have fought countless wars against the people you are now flying with. You know them better than I do. SO this time it is going to be different?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
How long before the "World" side starts to fracture?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
If the attackers end up taking the UQ9 station timer and freeporting the station, will FCON still receive ADM bonuses from holding the iHub when the station next becomes vulnerable to attack, or will it be a case of no auto-regen on nodes and starting the entosis battle at 50%?

e: nevermind, found an explanation from CCP: https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203649402-Station-Freeport-Mode

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 1, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Tone and delivery can really change perception. Jersey Johnson could have written the same articles Sion has in his own language and with his particular sense of humor and gotten a radically different response.

Media and Diplomacy are entirely different animals, it pays to be a bit dry when dealing with theoretical professionals on the other side, because you lay down a string of facts, or creative lies in a no nonsense matter and get results. Media is all about zeitgeist, perception, feelings, you aren't influencing an individual who can be at least pushed into being a rational actor, you are influencing a mob.

Honestly, I'm surprised people actually enjoy my EVE ~diplomatic update~ videos or whatever you want to call them. I think I sound boring as gently caress.

Nietzschean posted:

MEGATHRONS MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER FORGET

Baltec vs Baltec Fleet :black101:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey, don't respond to that dragonstalking guy

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

Given how goons always get off to slow starts in wars before showing their ~true form~...

Yes? :)

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

Endie come back why would you think life amongst the pedophile apologists of PL and TEST is better

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

dragonstalking posted:

After the fairly dramatic change of events during the fountain war, I would have thought TEST members would avoid counting chickens before they've hatched, but why change what works?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised people actually enjoy my EVE ~diplomatic update~ videos or whatever you want to call them. I think I sound boring as gently caress.

For me, I'm just happy to have an EVE videographer who has an accent that I can comprehend. :shobon:

(Seriously I like delonewolf's stuff, but more than half the time I can't make out what he's actually saying and after a few minutes the constant rising of pitch thing he does at the end of every sentence makes me want to gouge my ears out. :shepface:)

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Deofuta posted:

After the fairly dramatic change of events during the fountain war, I would have thought TEST members would avoid counting chickens before they've hatched, but why change what works?

Oh god that first month of losing HAM caracals to kiting talwars....

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Fix Lag posted:

endie it turns out you have some great friends in co2

I know right:
ctrl-f "Endie" (you would, too)
"2 mentions wtf blawrf gets 73?!?"

But I got on the first page because in some alliance update in four years ago I am the great traitor and I said they were loyal allies THE PROSECUTION RESTS.

That whole 100 page heap of logleaks struck me as deeply idgi.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Unfunny Poster posted:

I was just about to point out -- Baltec1 is one of Endie's boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If your goal is the wholesale destruction of the CFC you got a long way to go.

• Locked thread