Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Pavlov posted:

This comic is like 50% superfluous panels.

I blitzed through it this morning and yeah, this is pretty much what was bugging me.

Still liking it overall but it's definitely a habit they need to outgrow. How often does it update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it updates when it updates, which is why i have a hard time keeping current :v:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Speaking of Schlock Mercenary, it's been trying to shift its tone to navel-gazing speculative sci-fi, and it's not working out very well.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Schlock tries to change tone and scope every storyline. He'd have been better off if he was following different mercenary companies for each storyline.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Man, Bittersweet Candy Bowl is just...hoo boy. :sigh:

I forgot what the ongoing plot was during Mike's trippy dream sequence, but it all just came rushing back.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Honestly with BCB the constant stream of drama has been starting to get to me. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to, it just feels like bad things happening over and over and over. I guess that's what high school is? But it's not really fun and entertaining anymore. It's just exhausting.

It's a shame because I feel like Vero's art is really good now. I hope I like her next comic better

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the most recent octopus pie update bothers me a lot more than it should :v:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tollymain posted:

I really wasn't expecting body horror, especially not next to some really beautiful colors.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

majormonotone posted:

Honestly with BCB the constant stream of drama has been starting to get to me. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to, it just feels like bad things happening over and over and over. I guess that's what high school is? But it's not really fun and entertaining anymore. It's just exhausting.

It's a shame because I feel like Vero's art is really good now. I hope I like her next comic better

Just keeping my fingers crossed her own crippling depression doesn't lead her to sour the ending. I'm optimistic, since she's got trusted input from people who aren't riddled with self doubt and anxiety, and previous plot elements suggest a few ways it could wrap up cleanly on a high note.

The worst case is off the table at any rate, since she already did a School Days parody :v:

e/ she still can't draw that sort of half open "oh hi there" hand wave though. It's like a tic at this point.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 1, 2016

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I don't even know what kind of ending I want to see for BCB anymore. Mike and Paulo to get together? At this point a lot of the main characters are just assholes and I don't really like them

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
To get over their dumb bullshit teenager issues, graduate, move on, grow up.

Also for Abbey to get hit by a bus.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Yeah idk why they're trying to make Abbey the worst possible character

I hope BCB ends soon because Vero is very talented and I would like to see her do a comic that is not Ridiculous High School Drama: With Cats and Occasionally a Dog

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She's fantastic and really sweet in person. I don't know what I would have done at TCAF if she wasn't there helping me out.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Tollymain posted:

I like the instant-tans they received as a side-effect, too.

Edit: and of course someone is already roping Meryl into moving furniture.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
April Fools sure is hilarious.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
april fools is the only holiday worth celebrating

show me all the april fools i love them

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I was briefly excited when I saw Jeff might be quitting QC, before I realised what day it was.

In my defence, I never went to sleep, so in a way it's still March 31st.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why visit the site if you don't like the comic

it's not even impressively awful, it's just bland

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

it's not even impressively awful, it's just bland

mlyp

e/ it's just a habit. I tend to forget it exists for a week or two and then go back when I'm bored.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 1, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*catastrophically explodes into dust and mid-tier loot*

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

fun hater posted:

show me all the april fools i love them

:agreed:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Renaissance Robot posted:

I was briefly excited when I saw Jeff might be quitting QC, before I realised what day it was.

In my defence, I never went to sleep, so in a way it's still March 31st.

pity

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

This got posted on the Facebook page for Bloom County:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
He's not wrong.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

String Theory has decided to refocus itself.

Dr. McNinja is just doing something weird.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Monster Pulse is going in a new direction too.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

speaking of BCB they did this which is a marked improvement over the actual plot imo

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

majormonotone posted:

speaking of BCB they did this which is a marked improvement over the actual plot imo

I agree that I'd really like to see her make comics where she isn't bound by the highschool drama cats she invented when she was 8.

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009
Both Lackadaisy and Ava's Demon have updated.

This isn't an April Fool's joke, they really have.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Atheris posted:

Lackadaisy always has the best backgrounds.

Another comic I think I found here a while ago, the Creepy Casefiles of Margo Maloo, seems to have been updating regularly throughout this year as well. It has monsters in it with a lighter tone than most of the comics usually in this thread.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

voting third party posted:

Lackadaisy always has the best backgrounds.

Another comic I think I found here a while ago, the Creepy Casefiles of Margo Maloo, seems to have been updating regularly throughout this year as well. It has monsters in it with a lighter tone than most of the comics usually in this thread.

god i was desperately trying to remember the name of this comic for months, thank you!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Atheris posted:

The background music existing seems somewhat April Foolsy to me. Having a slow playing version of Eight Melodies from Earthbound going on while reading the update was not the most suitable.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Atheris posted:

Its amazing how the rampaging murder train manages to appear harmless while the court jester somehow is as ominous as that supercell in the most recent page.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

rocky crossed the line from court jester to 'definitely going to axe murder someone any minute now' a while ago

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Rocky's gone totally round the bend and Freckle's grip on sanity disappears the moment his hand touches iron.

Surely this will be a caper without a flaw nor a possibility of error!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Rocky's face with that hat tipped back is alarming.

Also goddamn that is a very well-drawn storm cell and shelf cloud.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
His extremely constricted pupils are goddamn horrifying for some reason.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

rocky crossed the line from court jester to 'definitely going to axe murder someone any minute now' a while ago

Somebody's got to pick up the slack now that Mordecai's gone.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah but like, this time I don't think anyone gets a vote on who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Poppy O'Possum did another April Fool's thing, and the alt text is hinting at the last time it did this.

• Locked thread