Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
My wife is about to turn 30, and she loving LOVES Korn and Limp Bizkit. It's a source of contention between us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I had a dream they released a Korn TWELVE pack and this thread turned in to us admitting we all secretly love Korn and being super excited for the pack.

I usually don't have nightmares anymore...

Look, I don't give a poo poo what form we get it, I want Word Up.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Nocheez posted:

My wife is about to turn 30, and she loving LOVES Korn and Limp Bizkit. It's a source of contention between us.

I can't imagine that from anyone younger than that tbh, it puts you in your early teens when they were at their biggest.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nocheez posted:

Would you say it's all about the he says she says bullshit?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

baka kaba posted:

Would you say it's all about the he says she says bullshit?

I think you better quit lettin' this poo poo slip

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Schiavona posted:

I think you better quit lettin' this poo poo slip

Or you'll be leavin with a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Y9ZstoGfk

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Still the best Limp Bizkit song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaIAlO06yTI

And don't forget them and Korn were big players in the 7-STRING METALZ scene so most people would be looking at buying new guitars. I'm pretty sure Wes actually used the extra string as a high A on top instead of a low B on the bottom, so that could make retuning a normal guitar a bit interesting

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't buy a Limp Bizkit or Korn pack but I would buy a Fear Factory pack. I am the hypocrite.

Also would they arrange for 6 or just "7-string required!"

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I also was a dumb teenager who loved Korn in the late 90s but I would not buy a Korn pack. gently caress downtuning my bass to A or whatever it is they used

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I learned that song playing rocksmith and recently I went to a bar with a cover band who played it and they didn't play it right and I got real mad

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

You couldn't pay me to take a Korn or Limp Bizkit pack. I graduated HS in the mid 90s, but even back then, I knew they suuuuuuuuuuuucked.

edit:

Non-inverted strings :whitewater:

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 22, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Despite being a teenager at one point I always thought that song where Davis sang nursery rhymes as xXxHARDC0RExXx as possible was the dumbest. loving. Thing.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

It actually took me a few years to figure out that the bass in Korn songs was not some weird percussion instrument.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Dross posted:

It actually took me a few years to figure out that the bass in Korn songs was not some weird percussion instrument.

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

TheChaosPath posted:

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

I only found out that was supposed to be a bass when someone brought it up in the bass or guitar megathreads like a year or two ago. Same as the guy above, figured it was some metal drum thing with distortion added to it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
The Real Tone Cable or whatever that you need in order to play is $50 in the country where I live. I got this game half off on a Steam Sale a year ago. Are there any cheaper or generic alternatives that will still work somehow so I can save money on this or do I have to cough up the extra $50 in order to play?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I would pay money for The Refrshments' Banditos today.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I made a lovely custom of that. I should really fix it up.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Love Stole the Day posted:

The Real Tone Cable or whatever that you need in order to play is $50 in the country where I live. I got this game half off on a Steam Sale a year ago. Are there any cheaper or generic alternatives that will still work somehow so I can save money on this or do I have to cough up the extra $50 in order to play?

The cable is pretty much required, there are workarounds but they're not reliable and tend to crap out half way through a song.

What format did you buy? If it's for PC you can pick up an old boxed version of Rocksmith from 2011 with the cable and get a steam code that gives you 50 new tracks to play in 2014. Console versions may also work but not sure how XB1 or PS4 will handle it as the original wasn't released for them.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
There's a no-cable patch at the sidebar of r/rocksmith that works fine with the base game (not DLC)

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kaboobi posted:

Next week's DLC is an Imagine Dragons three pack that includes "Demons", sorry.
Is there a tracklist for this yet?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Radioactive
It's Time
Whatever That Other lovely One Is

Eff this week in the ay

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Why does there always seem to be a steam sale the day after a buy a DLC pack?

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Balcony posted:

Confirmation bias

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Balcony posted:

There are like 5 big steam sales every year, not including publisher sales. There's a good chance there's always a big sale around the corner if you wait a bit.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Next week's DLC

Hit Singles V

Edgar Winter - Free Ride (Probably Re-record from WoR)
The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl
???
???

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

toymach1ne posted:

Next week's DLC

Hit Singles V

Edgar Winter - Free Ride (Probably Re-record from WoR)
The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl
???
???

Elliot Easton solos are always welcome

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Eddie Cochran's "Summertime Blues" also looks to be included.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
yep, and the fourth song may not be perfect but it'll give you a reason to live

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Hit Singles V – $9.99

* The Cars “My Best Friend’s Girl”
* Eddie Cochran “Summertime Blues”
* Edgar Winter “Free Ride”
* Hoobastank “The Reason”

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Well that Hoobastank song is going with those two Maroon 5 tracks under "Songs I don't want to admit I know"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My goal to have all the Elite Beat Agents songs on music games continues unabated.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Black Label Society 3 Pack

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

toymach1ne posted:

Black Label Society 3 Pack

I guess I should practice my pinch harmonics

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

I have no clue how to do those. Don't bother giving me tutorials, I've seen them all, I can't figure those drat things out.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Crank up your gain.

That's a tip, not a tutorial.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Pinch Harmonics are witchcraft

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Bridge pickup, decent amount of gain, pick that isn't the size of a dinner plate, let a little meat get on the string

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
I saw Van Halen, in a video, showing off doing pinch harmonics on his new signature guitar a few years back. He was doing it by picking with the wide edge of his pointer (or middle possibly) finger nail. He made it seem like something no one else could do or would even try but him.

I could never get the hang of them at the time, but for the hell of it, I tried it, and I will be damned, but it worked. It sort of helped me figure out the mechanics of how and why it works. Still can't do them consistently when I want to, but at least I know they are possible.