Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

incidentally expect some lobbying for CCP's yearly welfare checks to stop being the primary source of income for some alliances

you want money you're gonna have to log in all the time and play the game just like everyone else

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I heard the team with the most team spirit wins!

My pug has an official Goonwaffe squeaky bee. Whatchoo got Money Badgers? Your move. :colbert:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you're never getting me back into this shitshow game, but good luck goons

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

My pug has an official Goonwaffe squeaky bee. Whatchoo got Money Badgers? Your move. :colbert:

We got Scootie Bean Jr.?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Siets posted:

You're overdoing it a little bit on the brand loyalty there, friend.

Blue walls?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Siets posted:

I'm pretty sure your pug just won the entire war.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Fix Lag posted:

incidentally expect some lobbying for CCP's yearly welfare checks to stop being a primary source of income for some alliances

you want money you're gonna have to log in all the time and play the game just like everyone else

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
So in the face of our victorious blueballing with swordfleet how long will it take for PL to be on a super op with allies, black out and just come to in a pile of TEST super/titan wrecks?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're overdoing it a little bit on the brand loyalty there, friend.

Blue walls?

My ancestors were dutch. Blue and white is kind of our thing. :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://timerboard.net/WorldWarBee

:eyepop:

Siets posted:

My ancestors were dutch. Blue and white is kind of our thing. :)

That pug is cute as gently caress tho.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

ullerrm posted:

most of Dreddit's good people fled to Fweddit,

This was not a thing

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

That's a lot of nuts!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Siets posted:

It amazes me that the people who complain about TMC revenue checks have no qualms with the Rixx Javix "fix my personal finances because I am a fuckwit" Kickstarter.

Siets posted:

Naw not you. Just saw a bunch of redditors blathering about TMC paychecks in boat's stream earlier and the irony hit really hard.

You are fighting alongside these people though. :(

What were they pissy about with it? Anything outside the Kickstarter?

Thanks for answering all my questions goons! I'm catching up on a lot of poo poo, I stopped really tracking Eve a ton after the fountain war ended because peacetime is boring

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

kiresays posted:

This was not a thing

Yeah I was wondering what he was talking about. A lot of dudes fled to the CFC, PL, or wherever, but dudes running to fweddit? No one that I remember.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Fix Lag posted:

incidentally expect some lobbying for CCP's yearly welfare checks to stop being a primary source of income for some alliances

this is the same misinformed and ignorant mentality that anti-gankers and white knights have when they complain about the profitability of ganking, hope this helps.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

this is the same misinformed and ignorant mentality that anti-gankers and white knights have when they complain about the profitability of ganking, hope this helps.

any day I can get a source of bazillion-ISK ships taken away from my enemies is a good day

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Michael%20BoltonIII

Dear lord.

Fix Lag posted:

any day I can get a source of bazillion-ISK ships taken away from my enemies is a good day

Same. We've been doing a good job of it lately too.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

Another entry for gsf_tears.zip

Gob bless

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Same. We've been doing a good job of it lately too.

how's that VFK battle going for you

(obviously it's just an unimportant, empty station that nobody actually lives in and that nobody really wanted to take anyway)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

(obviously it's just an unimportant, empty station that nobody actually lives in and that nobody really wanted to take anyway)

lol

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

please dont post here like youre on reddit

thanks and god bless

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

lol, please the AT guys play more EVE 2 months of the year than 95% of the player base does for 12.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
So for the just getting home from work crew, how did the defense of our allies and VFK go?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Huge_Midget posted:

So for the just getting home from work crew, how did the defense of our allies and VFK go?

Saved the I-Hub in UQ9, but station got freeported. VFK I believe is completely saved?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Huge_Midget posted:

UQ9 station freeported, VFK successfully defended. VFK didn't matter to our enemies anyway, despite a 600 post reddit thread about it.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Magres posted:

please dont post here like youre on reddit

thanks and god bless

When I post on reddit I'm a beloved separatist leader fighting the evils of Goonswarm. Come on now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xenothral posted:

Saved the I-Hub in UQ9, but station got freeported. VFK I believe is completely saved?

VFK went uncontested.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
What can we do to shore up UQ9? Like most of us realize nobody gives two shits about VFK but we need to help our allies punch these shitlers in the dick.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

VFK went uncontested.

Well that'll do it, then. So much for them making GBS threads up Reddit about it as much as they did.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Lol my bad I misread your vfk post as the opposite of what it actually meant

It's me, I am the dumb pubbie today

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

all 3 of the bfm names have been in elitist ops so I've never been entirely trusting of the narrative that they're different

Just to clarify this important topic:

Creepy BFM: http://evewho.com/pilot/BobFromMarketing, Horde BFM is his alt
Second, most definitely different person BFM who lost his Utu to station guns: http://evewho.com/pilot/Bob+FromMarketing

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

VFK went uncontested.

i mean, it wasn't a contest, but a whole lot of people tried to make it one and decided to use a test-level strategic plan

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

kiresays posted:

lost his Utu to station guns

fukken lol

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Huge_Midget posted:

What can we do to shore up UQ9? Like most of us realize nobody gives two shits about VFK but we need to help our allies punch these shitlers in the dick.

We already did it -- we held the IHub, partly due to good prep, and partly because the Allies are run by stupid lazy fucks who don't realize that taking 10 jumps in max Tidi takes a while.

(Plus, laughable idiocy like one of the Allies showing up in a 250-man combat fleet with no entosis links fitted, expecting some mighty combat and getting blue balls instead.)

Ultimately, once the Dunce Caps actually got there, we were outnumbered 2400 to 1000 -- it'd be stupid to directly fight that. We know that, and FCON knows it. So, the station got freeported. But by holding the IHub, it took four hours of sov lasering to freeport the station, and will take just as long later to potentially flip it. Plenty of time to stage a response fleet there.

As for VFK, they did show up with a small fleet, but they refused to hack any node not in VFK itself. (Not sure if it was a retard junior H-team FC who just didn't know how Fizzlesov works, or what.) A small group of entosis Drakes from YA0 started hacking every node the spawned outside VFK, and could hack faster than the attackers, so we won all three structures there.

TLDR: laffo

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Full vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODYO3a1oPs

He paid me to make an AT ad out of it too :toot:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Who the hell is buying these 1 trillion isk ships that you win in the alliance tournaments?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who the hell is buying these 1 trillion isk ships that you win in the alliance tournaments?

Mostly people who amass wealth in other areas of the game like super scamming, production, market fuckery etc.

His was an 80bil AT frigate - https://zkillboard.com/kill/40694204/

He in particular buys & sells characters via the character bazaar to make money. I remember him saying he made around a quarter of a trillion in a year.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

ullerrm posted:

We already did it -- we held the IHub, partly due to good prep, and partly because the Allies are run by stupid lazy fucks who don't realize that taking 10 jumps in max Tidi takes a while.

(Plus, laughable idiocy like one of the Allies showing up in a 250-man combat fleet with no entosis links fitted, expecting some mighty combat and getting blue balls instead.)

Ultimately, once the Dunce Caps actually got there, we were outnumbered 2400 to 1000 -- it'd be stupid to directly fight that. We know that, and FCON knows it. So, the station got freeported. But by holding the IHub, it took four hours of sov lasering to freeport the station, and will take just as long later to potentially flip it. Plenty of time to stage a response fleet there.

As for VFK, they did show up with a small fleet, but they refused to hack any node not in VFK itself. (Not sure if it was a retard junior H-team FC who just didn't know how Fizzlesov works, or what.) A small group of entosis Drakes from YA0 started hacking every node the spawned outside VFK, and could hack faster than the attackers, so we won all three structures there.

TLDR: laffo

Goddamn when did you get so bitter?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
today's T3 death by a thousand shitlers

Fleet commander (vulvamancer): "Man, these do a lot of damage!"

hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

today's T3 death by a thousand shitlers

Fleet commander (vulvamancer): "Man, these do a lot of damage!"

hooked.

"Fuckloads of Interceptors" might be my favourite fleet composition, honestly.

• Locked thread