Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Enourmo posted:

crunchyroll isn't loading for me :sigh:

Only now was I able to actually get the episode to load & chromecast to my TV.

Somebody on the last page asked about Hulu: after the initial whirlwind of discussion surrounding the Viz acquisition, I heard nothing about Hulu and see nothing there. I checked when it wasn't appearing on Crunchyroll quite fast enough for me.

There were so many good things about that that I do not know where to start but I really liked a lot of subtle things added that others have hinted at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
even the french subs have the "shining diamond" name :argh:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i watched the first episode

this anime is going to be so loving good

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This episode was so drat good. David has saved anime for the third time in a row.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Holy shiiiiit I was not ready for this to be so beautifully animated.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It was actually quite controversial in the fandom. The voice actor from the PS3/PS4/Ultra Jump commericals was very well loved, especially for his stand cry and I was one of those who loved Wataru Hatano's Josuke.

I think Yuki Ono utterly nailed it though this time out, so it's a shame Hatano sat out but Ono seems like a fully worthy replacement.

I'm so glad to be in a world where Diamond is Unbreakable has aired in anime form. It feels like we're entering a golden age for humanity.

The weird thing is, Crazy Diamond sounds exactly the same to me. The stands are just voiced by the user's VA, aren't they? I feel sorry for the ASB guy cause apparently he really wanted to do it, but I really prefer Josuke's new voice. The old one was way too tough sounding, Josuke ain't a tough guy.

On that note, I find it weird that they released Eye of Heaven just a few months ago with the old voice actors, but changed them for the show. Wouldn't that mean both Josukes were doing voice over work at the same time, potentially? I thought Japan really didn't like doing that.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

guys GUYS

I just saw the first episode and

it was loving AWESOME :dance:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I just finished the first episode.

That was a drat good episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=799121

Truly the episode we have longed for.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That was G R E A T.

Loved Cherry Diamond, everything's looking so good. :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

deadly_pudding posted:

Holy shiiiiit I was not ready for this to be so beautifully animated.

I was genuinely surprised at how fluid it looked, DavidPro has always been good at making things look nice with fairly limited animation but this was a step above.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Momomo posted:

The weird thing is, Crazy Diamond sounds exactly the same to me. The stands are just voiced by the user's VA, aren't they? I feel sorry for the ASB guy cause apparently he really wanted to do it, but I really prefer Josuke's new voice. The old one was way too tough sounding, Josuke ain't a tough guy.

On that note, I find it weird that they released Eye of Heaven just a few months ago with the old voice actors, but changed them for the show. Wouldn't that mean both Josukes were doing voice over work at the same time, potentially? I thought Japan really didn't like doing that.

The guys that do the game's voice acting and the guys that do the anime' voice acting are different. The studio CC2 have been correcting voices to fit the anime voices with what characters have them in Eyes of Heaven and are definitely not on the down low for who does the voice acting in the anime.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Eyes of Heaven did rear end so there's like less reason than normal to act like it exists

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They should have just had the Tekken guy make all star battle instead.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=799121

Truly the episode we have longed for.

drat it someone beat me to it

their translation isnt faithful enough though, they messed up several lines!
:goonsay:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Baal posted:

Also Eyes of Heaven did rear end so there's like less reason than normal to act like it exists

Let's forget about bad games when we have a good anime.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Kuvo posted:

drat it someone beat me to it

their translation isnt faithful enough though, they messed up several lines!
:goonsay:

keep going then, i watched this but it's not very duwang-y. i can understand perfectly well what's going on!!!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Today was a good Friday.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Let's forget about bad games when we have a good anime.

No because it comes to the west in like two months

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Episode is good, life is good, shame there's no ed, etc.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Frionnel posted:

Episode is good, life is good, shame there's no ed, etc.

Takes a while to license hit song All Star by the Smash Mouth.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh also i really like the new ending slate, they are cool and blue and have dolphins on them for Jotaro, wonder why they highlighted the JO in Josuke Higishikata in the end

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Moltrey posted:

oh also i really like the new ending slate, they are cool and blue and have dolphins on them for Jotaro, wonder why they highlighted the JO in Josuke Higishikata in the end

throughout the season they will highlight kanji that spell "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 5 in 2018"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was looking at Crunchyroll's spring announcements and they said they have exclusive simulcast premieres of Part 4, so I'm assuming the episodes are gonna be on Hulu the week after when the episode goes free on Crunchy.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

josukes theme is so good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I lied by the way this episode is bad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
well I've read the manga and think it was good so this is an impasse

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hmm you've read the manga your opinion holds weight

You may pass

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Baal posted:

I lied by the way this episode is bad

april fools is truly hosed up if it makes people say things like this... ... ....

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I swear that the song on the taxi's radio is Talking Heads' "Building on Fire". It sounds exactly like it when the scene starts then changes into something else.

Also once again Araki showing us that anyone who harms an animal is scum.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, that turtle toss was incredibly unpleasant to see in motion and hear given weight. :/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Josuke ruined Jotaro's nice hat so this episode is 0/10

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've always liked that Josuke heals the turtle, even though he's afraid of it.

He really is a good guy.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Dias posted:

Takes a while to license hit song All Star by the Smash Mouth.

I'll literally throw a tantrum if it's not All Star

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Episode technically featured the best character it's rohan so 11/10 imo

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Frionnel posted:

I'll literally throw a tantrum if it's not All Star

I decided the only way I'll now accept it is if it's this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YJfXdSR85o

Anyway, I love Tomoko.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I like how the faces shift to Swole Mode in some scenes. This episode owned so much.

And yeah Holly always makes me forget that as a rule Jojo Moms Take poo poo From No-One.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

x

I'm still really delighted by the special appearances in the crowd scene!

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
I'm in love with the colouring of the backgrounds and characters from this episode, looks like the art direction this season is going to be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i am still entertained by how jotaro looks infinitely more like a teenager than in part 3

• Locked thread