Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Scylla is still a good pick only to the extent that she can nuke someone.

With how stupid these new God releases are, she doesn't have enough utility to be a top pick. She has damage and an escape and that's pretty much it.

Isis, Janus, Chronos, Sol, or Agni all bring more utility to the team and against bullshit bloated Gods, that's what you need. It's great if you can hit Scylla's ult every time without fail, but still she can't take a tower like Chronos or Sol can while also dishing out burst damage.

The only reason Athena is a top pick is because of her ult, it's control and pressure relief in lanes that can't handle who they are facing. They even had to nerf her ult cooldown because she had too much control over the map, players find a way to react to the poo poo, and instead of nerfing the cause, they nerf the solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

HiRez balance team:

Community Balance Feedback for most recent patch
http://hrz.io/1RJ9JoS

Best place to vent, it took me asking for a pestilence buff for about 7 months in a row before it finally happened.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

coca bojangles posted:

Community Balance Feedback for most recent patch
http://hrz.io/1RJ9JoS

I've been putting "buff Thanatos" since the start of Season 3, and under reason why I put "because Ao Kuang"

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

I've been putting "buff Thanatos" since the start of Season 3, and under reason why I put "because Ao Kuang"

I've been asking for Ne Zha buffs with pretty much the same reason... I mean didn't anyone read his lore? HiRez?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Lastgirl posted:

no because people don't read at all

stone cutter won't proc if you're ranged, but they still pick it up like fuckos~ :suicide:

Well you know what I mean. Like Meleers it seems to be THE THING YOU SHOULD BUILD!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Can I get an invite to the PC Goon clan?

ID: DeathSandwichSA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

The only reason Athena is a top pick is because of her ult, it's control and pressure relief in lanes that can't handle who they are facing. They even had to nerf her ult cooldown because she had too much control over the map, players find a way to react to the poo poo, and instead of nerfing the cause, they nerf the solution.

Athena is top pick because of her taunt, not her ult. Her ult is good, but the taunt is the real OP ability.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

http://www.smitegame.com/new-in-smite-patch-3-5-5/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VIW9rVd5sc

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I love the Cupid and Hel changes and the Hou YI change would make a hilarious match of the day. Same with Vamana.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The Bacchus thing should be a serious change imo

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Athena is top pick because of her taunt, not her ult. Her ult is good, but the taunt is the real OP ability.

Edit: April fools? Ya got me

Really? Global presence isn't OP? Thor, Janus, Neith are all top picks because they assist from afar.

Think about how many times you've witnessed a team fight where Athena gets really low and backs, then ults right back in.

No, its not her taunt... She's a top pick because of her global presence.

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 1, 2016

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
No, it's definitely her taunt

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Nah, while her ult is indeed great, her 2 is the reason.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Why Not Both?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

Think about how many times you've witnessed a team fight where Athena gets really low and backs, then ults right back in.

She ults right back in... and TAUNTS. And then the enemy team dies. The ult gets her there, the taunt is what kills the enemy.

Shab posted:

Why Not Both?

It's definitely both. But mostly the taunt. She's just as stupid bullshit OP in Arena as she is in Conquest.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I'm leaning towards Coca that it's more her ult than anything. Ymir's freeze has the same cooldown, a similar range/cast, does damage, and actually stuns longer than Athena's taunt; but he's not a top pick over Athena*.

But it's not any one thing, it's Athena's entire kit; she's a support but also a flex (jungler) pick that can rotate across the map.

*I'm speaking in terms of Conquest

Kerrrrrrr posted:

She's just as stupid bullshit OP in Arena as she is in Conquest.

She's not nearly as dangerous in Arena or the other modes as she is in Conquest because you've taken away her global presence.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

Ymir's freeze has the same cooldown, a similar range/cast, does damage, and actually stuns longer than Athena's taunt; but he's not a top pick over Athena.

Exactly.
The CC type doesn't matter when you can instantly outnumber your enemy.
Freeze, Root, Pull, Pluck, whatever... Global presence, I'll be there.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cyclonic posted:

She's not nearly as dangerous in Arena or the other modes as she is in Conquest because you've taken away her global presence.

She still has her loving dash though. That's "global" enough for Arena. Dash, taunt. Dash, taunt. Dash, taunt. Every 8 loving seconds. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. :psyduck:

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Uhh... apparently I have 6 Paladins Beta invites!

I haven't played in a long time and probably won't go back to it, but...
If anyone wants to give the game a try PM me your email.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Nerf Shield Wall imo

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Athena sucks in arena because you have to rely on your pubbies to actually kill people you taunt and in arena there is no guarantee you will have a single useful pubbie. Conquest usually has two or so competent pubbies on your team.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Kerrrrrrr posted:

She still has her loving dash though. That's "global" enough for Arena. Dash, taunt. Dash, taunt. Dash, taunt. Every 8 loving seconds. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. :psyduck:

This argument can't continue because we're comparing apples (Conquest) to oranges (Arena).

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cyclonic posted:

This argument can't continue because we're comparing apples (Conquest) to oranges (Arena).

I'm just saying she's OP in every game mode. If there's one god in this game that's actually overpowered, it's Athena.

and it's cause of her taunt

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I'm just saying she's OP in every game mode. If there's one god in this game that's actually overpowered, it's Athena.

and it's cause of her taunt

I think you need more apples.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

I think you need more apples.

I like apples way better than oranges (I hate all citrus) but conquest is scary. The enemy team might have an Athena.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I like apples way better than oranges (I hate all citrus) but conquest is scary. The enemy team might have an Athena.

But with apples she can't dash taunt you every 10 seconds (until late game maybe). Plus you can punish her for doing so in a way that actually has more impact than with oranges.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

But with apples she can't dash taunt you every 10 seconds (until late game maybe). Plus you can punish her for doing so in a way that actually has more impact than with oranges.

But what about all her global presence

She could be anywhere, any time. She could be behind me right now oh god

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Kerrrrrrr posted:

But what about all her global presence

She could be anywhere, any time. She could be behind me right now oh god

NO ONE IS SAFE!!!

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Her kit as a whole is good. Mostly the taunt though.
Compared to a lot of the newer gods she isn't op, just still relevant.

I'm just salty and miss older versions. The changes they are making as a whole are making the game less interesting to me.

Bring back old Arachne ult.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the manticore thing had me goin for 2 seconds, well played

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I really want the Baka, Bastet, and Chronos changes for real. Also Apollo. I want to get my ult then spend the rest of the game flying around above the map.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
An enemy kehpri got a penta on our team lol, good poo poo.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Who and when should I be building Shifter Plate? Or is that a no go on anyone anymore?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Zain posted:

Who and when should I be building Shifter Plate? Or is that a no go on anyone anymore?

Void Shield is a better hybrid defensive item situationally, but that's only if you have a majority physical damage on your team, and should only really be built on warriors and a couple of assassins ( mostly Thor). I don't really like Shifters, if you're getting destroyed by the enemy team, it would be better to build Bulwark of Hope or Midgardian Mail depending on which character is shredding you the most.Another good option is Runic Shield if they have Chronos or Sol, as that will lower their ability to wreck people.

This issue with Shifter's Shield is if you get to late game, those protections aren't meaningful in any way when you have 2.4 attack speed Kali's with Qin's or Chronos's with 600+ power rocking Polynomicon, it just isn't enough. It has no health on it with automatically drops its value. At best it's a good early game item, but oops, it's like 2700 gold so you can't realistically have it early enough for it to matter.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I find that Shifter's works really well on SWK as it doubles down on his passive, but otherwise yeah, what Nucular Carmul said.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Zain posted:

It has high physical power, so it's great on gods with high scaling (Awilix), but because of it's cost and lack of a real utility/passive, it's a very niche pick.

It doesn't fit in with warrior builds that much anymore, especially with the item nerfs in Season 3. The holy trinity (Urchin, Bulwark, BoV) are still too good to pass up, which leaves very few items left to fit into your build.

edit-
The problem is if you're building it on gods with high scaling in their abilities, you're better going with CDR (Jotunn's) or a pen item. And if you were going for some kind of physical power build, Transcendence is enough.

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 2, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

If you want to be a real pro build it on Thor like Adapting did yesterday.

(don't do this, you are not Adapting)

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Merlle posted some hunter builds on reddit (source):

quote:

• The Unicorn
    • Build: Warrior Tabi, Ichaival, Asi, Qin Sai, Brawler's Beatstick (or Crusher), Titan's Bane
  • Critical Strike (Crit)
    • Build: Devourer's Gauntlet, Ninja Tabi, Ichaival, Malice, Deathbringer, Wind Demon
  • The Flidais
    • Build: Throwing Dagger, Warrior Tabi, Asi, Qin Sai, Rage, Malice, The Executioner

GODS THAT DO WELL WITH THE PEN BUILDS:
Hou Yi, Anhur, Neith, Medusa

GODS THAT DO WELL WITH THE CRIT BUILD:
Apollo, Rama, Artemis, Xbal

Any other hunters not listed can go either build.

After the Throwing Dagger buff, I toyed around with a gimmick Artemis pew-pew-no-boots build. I think it was Throwing Dagger, Fatalis, Asi, Rage, Titan's Bane, Deathbringer. Play her like you would with Anubis: always stand your ground and hope the crits/lifesteal kick in to burn your opponent down faster than they can you.

Only tried it once in a game and boy was it fun.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Incon tier list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEhTYnMUuJ0

Looks pretty solid to me with maybe a few I could argue up or down a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You know, while I'm playing unranked (I'm account level 10) I'm seeing a lot of correlation to Thor insta-lockers being basically poo poo people. I just got out of a conquest game with a thor player on both sides. Both guys would blindly ult into the enemy team and get insta ganked. Both bitched at their team that they weren't being supported. Both disconnected after that happened like 4 times and we played the match at 4-4 the rest of the time.

• Locked thread