Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Never stop Kanye, also Saint Pablo song leak out.

And it's pretty good.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Out of all the changes he made to TLOP, why wouldn't he add this to the album

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Dexo posted:

Never stop Kanye, also Saint Pablo song leak out.

And it's pretty good.

here's the clip https://clyp.it/oqlpyfsa

hook is good but the demo verses are pretty hard to listen to, imagine he'd be rewriting a lot of these lines because I don't think there's any way you could get most of em to flow

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Above link doesn't work now, it's here for now https://soundcloud.com/hiphophotspotxvx/kanye-west-saint-pablo-feat-sampha

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
This beat is loving spectacular.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

feel like the people I see freakin out about this have never heard Sampha before

educate yo' selves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYhWgvSleo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The full album is on Spotify now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

what a time to be alive

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Oh thank God. I was dreading I might have to actually consider renewing my Tidal subscription. Glad I dodged that bullet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TLOP's out on all streaming services and up for purchase again.

lol at it only being on tidal and not for sale forever

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

always being on tidal forever probably sounded good until jay-z decided he needed to offload tidal as quickly as possible because it's a hilarious money sink

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm out of town but I guess I'll give TLOP 1.x a listen in a few days when I get home. I mean how I gon be mad on vacation?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

abraham linksys posted:

always being on tidal forever probably sounded good until jay-z decided he needed to offload tidal as quickly as possible because it's a hilarious money sink

Also you were dumb if you thought he would actually keep it TIDAL only. He was trying to get numbers and subs for TIDAL, something he owns part of.

Mostly stop taking everything this dude says so drat seriously.

TLOP is a video game, Exclusivity deals are p much always short term nowadays :v:

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 1, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i have no doubt they would have at least kept it off spotify if they weren't trying to get out of tidal

like remember all of taylor swift's music still ain't on there

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Really digging all the new versions, almost wish this had been the originally released version

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It's like he got people to pay for a demo. Genius.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

It's like he got people to pay for a demo. Genius.

Who also eventually got the full game.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Seems like that "studying to be a real estate agent" line on Famous has changed back to the original, at least on Spotify anyway :psyduck:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apple Music has the newer one.

Also Saint Pablo is great

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Google Music has Real Estate agent too.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dexo posted:

Also you were dumb if you thought he would actually keep it TIDAL only. He was trying to get numbers and subs for TIDAL, something he owns part of.

Mostly stop taking everything this dude says so drat seriously.

TLOP is a video game, Exclusivity deals are p much always short term nowadays :v:

Lol you LOVE Kanye

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Lol you LOVE Kanye

My favorite is the always rude Kanye, Spaz in the news Kanye.

gently caress the Sweet Kanye, chop up the Beats Kanye. So goddamn boring.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

webmeister posted:

Seems like that "studying to be a real estate agent" line on Famous has changed back to the original, at least on Spotify anyway :psyduck:

If you have the old version stored on your computer in mp3 format, Spotify may be pulling those files instead of streaming the new ones.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

mistermojo posted:

Kanye please stop http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/02/arts/music/kanye-west-life-pablo-tidal-streams.html

Def Jam, Mr. West’s label and a subsidiary of Universal Music Group, said in a statement: “In the months to come, Kanye will release new updates, new versions and new iterations of the album,” calling it a “continuous process.”

This quote was in the Tidal newsletter.

quote:

“Woe to you the day it is said that you are finished! To finish a work? To finish a picture? What nonsense! To finish it means to be through with it, to kill it, to rid it of its soul – to give it its final blow; the most unfortunate one for the painter as well as for the picture.” – Pablo Picasso

http://read.tidal.com/article/kanye...7ad3e-196561645

So I look forward to Kanye working on this album forever.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Can't wait until we get the Star Citizen of albums. "It doesn't suck, it's pre-alpha! You don't know anything about sound engineering!!"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I hope Kanye updates rob's relationship status with every version.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Wolves is a hell of a lot better now. Yay sia

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Can't wait until we get the Star Citizen of albums. "It doesn't suck, it's pre-alpha! You don't know anything about sound engineering!!"

Jay Elec's

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Wolves is a hell of a lot better now. Yay sia

gently caress yes. Sia's verse is great

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
The timing of the drum beat still annoys me though. I thought they might fix it.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

The new mix of FSMH2 is much, much better than the original. The droning background noise at the beginning of the song is more prevalent and really helps build up to Desiigner's verse.

Edit: there is also some additional sinister-sounding poo poo going on in the beat of Facts starting at 1:21 that I'm enjoying.

Edit 2: The bass in Fade is now just ridiculous.

Stupid Dick fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 2, 2016

3peat
May 6, 2010

https://soundcloud.com/hexagoncat/kanye-west-come-go

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

ALERT: This is a reference track for Lil Uzi. Please don't hate until you know that.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Initial impressions is that I really like Wolves.

a racist pole
May 16, 2015

iSheep posted:

Initial impressions is that I really like Wolves.

Wolves was one of those songs that initially it was really good but it loses it's playback value quick.

Hood Politics did the same for me on TPAB.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I never really liked Wolves much to begin with but at this point after listening to the album for one and a half months now it basically ends after Real Friends for me. Wolves I don't care about and while the rest of it might be good and all, it just feels like a different release entirely.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 3, 2016

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I really like Wolves but the fact there's like three different versions of it bugs the poo poo out of me because each version has parts I like and don't like and none of them sound "right". It annoyed me enough that I went through the effort to roughly stitch together my ideal version Wolves and that's the only one I can stand to listen to anymore.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

In It For The Tank posted:

I really like Wolves but the fact there's like three different versions of it bugs the poo poo out of me because each version has parts I like and don't like and none of them sound "right". It annoyed me enough that I went through the effort to roughly stitch together my ideal version Wolves and that's the only one I can stand to listen to anymore.

this is Kanye's goal all along

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The wolves were inside me all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You were too wi-yeeerd

• Locked thread