Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ashcans posted:

If Satan is giving people crazy powers just so that they can perform rad stage acts, he seems like a pretty chill dude. I mean none of those guys are using their spiritual powers to vanish people's eyes or steal children or whatever.
That you KNOW of.

That's because they are SO good, you don't even realize they're kidnapping and molesting children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Yeah when I said kookery was flagging I meant it was losing a lot of its novelty for me after being into it for so long. There's only so many way you can mix and match steel beams, NWO, rapture and UFOs. I found a man so deeply afraid of socery and the insane infernal power to make a coin disappear really refreshing.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

This probably is slightly Off topic but I had to show this to you guys. First off, yes this guy is for real. I've been following his kooky Catholic poo poo for a while now, but a few days ago he posted this. The entire thing is not nescesarry viewing, but you've got to see this poo poo, gang. https://youtu.be/NkZvYglefsU

That just makes me want to become a magician. Hell yeah I'll take some magic powers and large performance fees. Thanks, Satan!

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Honestly, if magic were real, or atleast if it worked the way that guy claims, it wouldn't be nearly as impressive. Magic tricks take practice and some skill, but if all it took was a contract with Satan and some demon possession, than anyone could do it.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Oh wow this guy guessed my card! The Weakling God is Dead! Do what thou wilt! Hare krishna!

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

This probably is slightly Off topic but I had to show this to you guys. First off, yes this guy is for real. I've been following his kooky Catholic poo poo for a while now, but a few days ago he posted this. The entire thing is not nescesarry viewing, but you've got to see this poo poo, gang. https://youtu.be/NkZvYglefsU

That narration is incredibly monotone. It's almost impressive. No one can be that monotone without the assistance of demons.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

shadowvine118 posted:

Honestly, if magic were real, or atleast if it worked the way that guy claims, it wouldn't be nearly as impressive. Magic tricks take practice and some skill, but if all it took was a contract with Satan and some demon possession, than anyone could do it.

Yeah, are they claiming that magicians trick us into thinking they have professional skills?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ashcans posted:

If Satan is giving people crazy powers just so that they can perform rad stage acts, he seems like a pretty chill dude. I mean none of those guys are using their spiritual powers to vanish people's eyes or steal children or whatever.

Satan is a pretty chill guy. I mean, he's the villain all through the bible, but he really doesn't do that much stuff while god slaughters and maims

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Yeah when I said kookery was flagging I meant it was losing a lot of its novelty for me after being into it for so long. There's only so many way you can mix and match steel beams, NWO, rapture and UFOs. I found a man so deeply afraid of socery and the insane infernal power to make a coin disappear really refreshing.

History channel covers that poo poo pretty well. The latest being UFOs/aliens took part in the US civil war and helping hide Hitler in '45

shadowvine118 posted:

Makes me wonder if he thinks the Paranormal movies are legit documentaries and takes notes so he knows what to look for

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 17, 2015

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Satan is a pretty chill guy. I mean, he's the villain all through the bible, but he really doesn't do that much stuff while god slaughters and maims

History channel covers that poo poo pretty well. The latest being UFOs/aliens took part in the US civil war and helping hide Hitler in '45

Makes me wonder if he thinks the Paranormal movies are legit documentaries and takes notes so he knows what to look for

I guess I'm a snob because History Channel kookery is like the Taco Bell of paranoia whereas real internet nuts are the authentic Mexican Restaurant where the menu is huge in Spanish with tiny print, all I Spanish with no pictures.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-R9JY4le7k

BEST VR GAMES 2016 (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Playstation VR, Gear VR) 1 week ago (edited)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Finally! This looks like a GREAT JESUS MOVIE!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Maybe Joseph Fiennes could make the movie somewhat entertaining.

Also, from the screencap and title I thought Risen might be an adaptation of that video game that has two sequels for some reason

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It has two sequels because it's really good.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-R9JY4le7k

BEST VR GAMES 2016 (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Playstation VR, Gear VR) 1 week ago (edited)
Finally! This looks like a GREAT JESUS MOVIE!

LOL Cliff Curtis is Jesus. That man can play any race, any person. Probably any gender.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Maybe Joseph Fiennes could make the movie somewhat entertaining.

Hey, Joseph Fiennes, how come you didn't make a good movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haplrTKUSsI

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

thedaian posted:

That narration is incredibly monotone. It's almost impressive. No one can be that monotone without the assistance of demons.
It seems to almost be a hallmark of a certain flavor of religious nut who posts these long rambling videos about conspiracies against jesus that they have the flat monotone of a schizophrenic or a serial killer in full dissociative mode.

If that vaticanmonastery.com guy is an actual priest, I'm pretty sure all the other priests know he's fully crazy and just keep him somewhere away from children.

Bolocko
Oct 19, 2007

coyo7e posted:

If that vaticanmonastery.com guy is an actual priest

Not a priest, not even really a Catholic. Just some crazy sedevacantist guy in New York.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Robotnik Nudes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZvYglefsU&t=1514s

That links to about 25 minutes into the video. The lack of skepticism is astounding. He can't even figure out basic tricks.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So he thinks that a radar dish exists that can track David Copperfield's heartbeat through the great wall of china and register it as a series of beeps? Usually, autistic people are better at figuring out how magic tricks work because they can't be distracted by jokes and hand flourishes.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The magicians video is pretty much an excuse for the dude to gush about awesome magic tricks for nigh on three hours under the guise that he's worried about satanic panic, the language he uses to describe some of them is really funny.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
With "God's Not Dead 2" opening tomorrow, this seems like a fine time to bring this topic back. I intend to see it this weekend for grins, and also so that Clarissa can Explain It All to me about Christianity and government strawmen.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who would have guessed that in real life she would become Ferguson?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Enjoy that permanent unpleasant look she always has on her face.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

With the first Gods Not Dead they had a theme song from Christian band The Newsboys.

They wrote a song for this movie and oh boy

quote:

When did it become breaking a rule
To say Your name out loud in school
When Your name is the only one that sets us free
When did it become incorrect
To speak the truth about life and death
When Your life gave us all eternity

Even if it gets me convicted I’ll be on my knees with my hands lifted

If serving You is against the law of man
If living out my faith in You was banned
Then I’ll stand right before the jury
If saying ‘I believe’ is out of line
If I’m judged ‘cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be guilty

I’ll rise up and honor You
I’ll testify to the good You do
‘Cause your grace and Your mercy have overtaken me

Guilty by association
Guilty of being a voice proclaiming
Your ways
Your truth
Your life
I’ll pay the price to be Your light

I want to be guilty

Also I was reading reviews and this happens

God’s Not Dead 2 gives us a scene in which a heroic white lawyer lectures a black high-school principal on the meaning of Martin Luther King’s teachings.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 1, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

With the first Gods Not Dead they had a theme song from Christian band The Newsboys.

Ah, I remember the Newsboys from my ill-fated attempts at being a "Good Christian" boy in middle school circa 1993 :allears:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Ah, I remember the Newsboys from my ill-fated attempts at being a "Good Christian" boy in middle school circa 1993 :allears:

Who could forget Breakfast

quote:

Hold the milk, put back the sugar
They are powerless to console
We've gathered here to sprinkle ashes
From our late friend's cereal bowl

Breakfast Clubbers, say the motto
That he taught us to repeat
You will lose it in your gym class
If you wait 'til noon to eat

Back when the Chess Club
Said our eggs were soft
Every Monday he'd say grace
And hold our juice aloft

Oh, none of us knew
His checkout time would come so soon
But before his brain stopped waving
He composed this tune

When the toast is burned
And all the milk has turned
And Captain Crunch is waving farewell

When the big one finds you
May this song remind you
That they don't serve breakfast in Hell

Breakfast Clubbers, drop the hankies
Though to some our friend was odd
That day he bought those pine pajamas
His check was good with God

Those here without the Lord
How do you cope?
For this morning we don't mourn
Like those who have no hope

Oh, rise up, Fruit Loop lovers
Sing out sweet and low
With spoons held high
We bid our brother, Cheerio

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I still really like Jars of Clay, regardless of my attempts otherwise.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Just Offscreen posted:

I still really like Jars of Clay, regardless of my attempts otherwise.

Dude. Same. :(

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Could it be they were actually...good? At least the first four or so albums.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently a lot of side characters from the first movie return as jurors in the sequel. Including the lady who got cancer for daring to criticize Duck Dynasty.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently a lot of side characters from the first movie return as jurors in the sequel. Including the lady who got cancer for daring to criticize Duck Dynasty.

Good news

God cured her

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Skip Reming from Newsreaders is in God's Not Dead 2, so now things got even weirder for me.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So uh...THIS is a thing that's happening apparently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI8LYSAUZCU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hey, at least the kid walked the walk, even if they're almost certainly gonna embellish the poo poo out of her story to make her death seem like some kind of inspirational martyrdom instead of a meaningless slaughter.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

McSpanky posted:

Hey, at least the kid walked the walk, even if they're almost certainly gonna embellish the poo poo out of her story to make her death seem like some kind of inspirational martyrdom instead of a meaningless slaughter.

The story has never been substantiated by the people who were actually there. :ssh:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DStecks posted:

The story has never been substantiated by the people who were actually there. :ssh:

I assume her general biographical facts and reasonably corroboratable parts like "ran a youth church group" and "wrote about God a lot in a journal" are true. But yeah, I'm sure most if not all of the wishful-thinking stuff in her dad's book about knowing she was going to die and her last words and all are a sad (but understandable on his part, I say not in contempt) effort to make meaning out of tragedy that's maybe being exploited here.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

McSpanky posted:

I assume her general biographical facts and reasonably corroboratable parts like "ran a youth church group" and "wrote about God a lot in a journal" are true. But yeah, I'm sure most if not all of the wishful-thinking stuff in her dad's book about knowing she was going to die and her last words and all are a sad (but understandable on his part, I say not in contempt) effort to make meaning out of tragedy that's maybe being exploited here.

It's become such a part of the evangelical "story" that the accuracy doesn't matter at this point. For the type of people that watch this movie, it is as true as it can possibly be.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DStecks posted:

This isn't the kid who supposedly confronted the killers about her belief in god. Rachel Scott was just a kid who liked being religious and was murdered while eating lunch. That other kid's parents are total lunatics and wrote a crazy book about her, but the book Scott's parents wrote about her just seems like they're trying to make sense of something horrible happening to their child.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The only reason you didn't like God's Not Dead 2 is because you have a Marvel bias... .... wait what movie were we talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QjT-AaFyTM

"It's not loving, it's not even Christian..."

"First one was angrier and more hateful... this one is more ignorant..."

Exact same concert ending as the first, with the same song

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
Huh. The trailer makes it look like there'll be some critique of school bullying, which if the case may give the film some small modicum of value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

Exact same concert ending as the first, with the same song

Did GND start life as an animated film?

• Locked thread