Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

So what did everyone think of the Kira scene right at the beginning? I thought it was great and was actually hoping for something like that.

My exact reaction was "Ohohohohohoho! gently caress yeah!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The scene with Kira ruled. I thought they were gonna do, like, Josuke's mom making breakfast for him, then the camera cut away and got me.

I appreciated the radio tower reference too. It's gonna be a good adaptation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When I was watching the JP broadcast, I thought it was my speakers loving up when the static kicked in and then I realised and I was like "loving david, how can one company be so good?"

I'm totally obsessed with Raging Ruby variant Crazy D right now too.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bad Seafood posted:

The scene with Kira ruled. I thought they were gonna do, like, Josuke's mom making breakfast for him, then the camera cut away and got me.

I appreciated the radio tower reference too. It's gonna be a good adaptation.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

When I was watching the JP broadcast, I thought it was my speakers loving up when the static kicked in and then I realised and I was like "loving david, how can one company be so good?"

I'm totally obsessed with Raging Ruby variant Crazy D right now too.

same

this is going to be so loving great you guys

(also lmao at dudes already dropping turtle references and lines like "golden era for mankind" in the anime thread)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't wait for the OP to be the Morning Song

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Ok yeah that ruled. Love the small added details. Pacing is also good with no ruah to keep things moving. I guess this is going to be 48 episodes like SC?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zeruel posted:

Isn't the radio tower deactivated though :confused:

it distorts the path of radio waves because of it's energy deflecting properties.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

jyrque posted:

Ok yeah that ruled. Love the small added details. Pacing is also good with no ruah to keep things moving. I guess this is going to be 48 episodes like SC?

Some site reported it as being 39, which I just can't see unless there's a break and it finishes up with 13 more.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was Crunchyroll France that said 39 followed by another site saying 48, but it'll possibly be only possible to figure out what the count will be once Blu-rays are available (I think SDC's site listed the total number of blurays and then people mathed the right number from there) but if that doesn't happen this time, it's a mystery until david say so.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dragonatrix posted:

I like how you can also see Hazamada and Keicho in the same shot. Keicho especially is someone I wasn't expecting to see like that.

There's also Okuyasu to the right of Keicho, and I think Yukako to the left of Rohan

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It takes real talent to crack open an egg w someone else's hand.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How good did that breakfast look though?

I mean if you ignore the fact a corpse's arm made it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

How good did that breakfast look though?

I mean if you ignore the fact a corpse's arm made it.

It was made with love.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If there's one thing Japanese animators are good at, it's drawing food.

Probably because they don't get to eat a lot of nice food.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I am a big fan of Crazy Diamond's look, just A+ all around, but cherry cola variant Crazy Diamond is a strong loving contender

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh, you mean Shining Diamond

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Crazy on you shining diamond

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

diamond is NOT shine

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
man, Shining Diamond Is Invincible is gonna be lame episode title

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think you'll find Shining Diamond is a better name

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean when compared to other name changes, I'm totally fine with, but I need that Crazy D, my guy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't wait for the Stand Reverbs Part 1

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

I mean when compared to other name changes, I'm totally fine with, but I need that Crazy D, my guy

But you could have the Shining D instead

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm just waiting for the moment the stand goes "that's what you get for underestimating the power of Red Hot Chili Peppers!"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

But you could have the Shining D instead
Shining D is good, but I like my D a little crazy, no wait, I like it a lot of crazy

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Rereading part 4. Can't wait for the anime to get to "Koichi, did you lay this egg?"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, but the end slate for next episode only said Josuke Higshikata Meets Angelo!, no Part 1, so we really getting through all of Aqua Necklace next episode I guess? I thought Angelo would take two episodes I guess, but this rules

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aqua Necklace is not a long fight so yeah covering it in an episode is v possible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

D so crazy you ordered it from Little Caesar's.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My guess is they'll cover the meat and potatoes of the Angelo fight, then call it quits before we find out about the arrow.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Obviously they want to hurry past Angelo so they can go ahead and get to the real hero of part 4.

I can't wait to see Okuyasu all animated and doing his thing. :swoon:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, that all makes sense. In my head, any fight that's not Pearl Jam or Achtung Baby is long enough to be two parts, whoops.

Also I didn't know the Angelo chapter was actually called Josuke Higashikata meets Angelo and for a bit I wondered if every episode would be titled _____________ Meets ________________ ! which would be great

Josuke Higashikata Meets The Nijimura Brothers

Koichi Hirose Meets A Mangaka!

Shigekiyo Yangu Meets Yoshikage Kira!

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Guys we're gonna get a new JoJo op and ed in a week and I'm not sure I can stand the wait. It's the most important part of each season!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Josuke Higashikata Meets Italian Food!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would presently describe my diamond as not crash

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only way that opening scene could make me any more hyped is if the piano riff from Killer Queen started playing as the camera panned out.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Josuke Higashikata meets an Alien! :tinfoil:

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Rohan's House Meets Fire!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I saw an It's Friday of Rohan eating the spider, which is a thing I forgot he does

P4 is, one might say, Bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm a big fan of seeing people think that Angelo is the main part 4 antagonist