Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Grapplejack posted:

What in that game could possibly be spoiled?

There's a lot of lore in the souls games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grapplejack posted:

What in that game could possibly be spoiled?

I've seen a spoiler thumbnail for Dark Souls 3 that just displays some text that at the very least tells you something that happens will happen. It's very very minor but still. It's dangerous out there. 11 days of this poo poo left!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oddium posted:

you should listen to the bombcast, and the beastcast, and watch unprofessional fridays, and quick looks

whose got the time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smell this posted:

whose got the time

train riders

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

There's a lot of lore in the souls games.

Sure for grognards the games are story empty coop games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

souls are among my favorite games but gently caress reading who cares. also summon non stop for jolly coop

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope the fanservice sunbro covenant in 3 has a good name worthy of Solaire

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

I hope the fanservice sunbro covenant in 3 has a good name worthy of Solaire

I just hope covenants work well. Half the covenants in 2 were broken as poo poo, and covenants in BB were mostly useless.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
So, what happened to Games Thunderdome, and also how was it different from a fanfiction competition?

EDIT: I used to get a laugh out of telling Club Nintendo that I heard about everything out of Something Awful. I mean, it was true, but I could just imagine a bunch of treehouse members scrambling to see what this forum was.

Bean fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 2, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

Where do you guys go to learn about cool new games?
I watch Twitch a lot and if anything new comes out someone I know will stream it and I can tell if it is obviously hot garbage or deceptively hot garbage

I don't give a poo poo about spoilers though or that could be a problem

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

souls are among my favorite games but gently caress reading who cares. also summon non stop for jolly coop

Always be summoning for your first Souls run. You don't want to die alone. Instead you can all die in a group.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

I just hope covenants work well. Half the covenants in 2 were broken as poo poo, and covenants in BB were mostly useless.

Won't be a Souls game if you can't eventually get through the whole of the content and start invading as an endgame-accomplished soul level 1

Lurdiak posted:

That joke doesn't work when you use in-game footage instead of idiots in bad costumes.

the VHS-esque A/V effects were spot on, though, and my life was made better for it :angel:

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I"m already like almost done with Hyper Light Drifter. I like it. There are few things here and there the game could do better on. There is no text dump of a story, it's mostly told through cutscenes and visuals. The combat is pretty good, nothing too complicated but it's not a button mash game. The dashing mechanic does take a little getting used to, and you have to keep in mind the dashing does not make you invincible. The game's music is good, the artsytle, yes it's pixel art but I think it is used for its strengths. This game doesn't hold your hand in terms of what you have to do. It's not that hard to figure out. I enjoyed from what I played.

The only knock I have against it is the power ups. Wish they could be a bit more clearer on what does what on some upgrades. Some of the upgrades are pretty easy to tell what they do but some you have to figure out.

I enjoyed my purchase so I say go for it.

Gahmah posted:

Hyper Light Drifter is good and right.

chain daaaaaaaasshshshshshsh

Constr posted:

I signed up for the anime thread probation raffle and I put in a week. You might have to wait on updates about hyper light drifter.

I'm gonna watch some more gameplay videos of it, and then probably just buy it next paycheck.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Always be summoning for your first Souls run. You don't want to die alone. Instead you can all die in a group.

I generally solo the whole thing apart from the couple NPC quests where they have to help you with bosses

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mistle posted:

Won't be a Souls game if you can't eventually get through the whole of the content and start invading as an endgame-accomplished soul level 1

Soul memory, more like best memory.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beat just cause 3. 1000x better than 2. still only 7/10

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'd also say 7/10 yeah but that doesn't stop me having a loving blast with it once in a while

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I got bored of 2 in record time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congrats

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Will april have any cool games or is this a good month to finally play and complete some old games I got laying around like alan wake

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Ratchet and Clank on ps4 probably will own

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

I generally solo the whole thing apart from the couple NPC quests where they have to help you with bosses

I"m the opposite, at least so far. Mostly 'cause you'll never have more peak user numbers than launch, so I try to get the online stuff to give me my bang for my buck

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I had a Dark Souls 3 dream last night, the first boss was a hag lady who used the word "hobbitses", don't know if that's actually in the game

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

Even if it's just a straight remake I'll love it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Who here actually intends to go see the Ratchet and Clank movie?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I might see it at some point I doubt I'll go anywhere to do it though

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ahundredbux posted:

Will april have any cool games or is this a good month to finally play and complete some old games I got laying around like alan wake

Instead of Alan Wake, you should play a good game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Who here actually intends to go see the Ratchet and Clank movie?

It's me on a date.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Someone made a good tie-in game?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS9M3LJ9ozY

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

raditts posted:

Hmm actually Alan Wake has been good so far

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

raditts posted:

Alan Wake is a really cool game you wiener.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The actual game part of Alan Wake is not very good.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Deadly Premonition is better.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
DP has even worse gameplay but it at least has some things to make it worthwhile (though really there's no reason to actually play DP when SGF's LP exists)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

axleblaze posted:

DP has even worse gameplay but it at least has some things to make it worthwhile (though really there's no reason to actually play DP when SGF's LP exists)

There's always something to be said for experiencing a game yourself.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'd argue that DP had better gameplay because while the combat was mediocre as hell it gave you infinite ammo weapons like candy so you can then just focus on dicking around town and interacting with the townsfolk.

All Alan Wake had gameplaywise was its clunky and repetitive combat. American Nightmare had good combat though.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I like shooting guys so Alan Wake is just fine for me

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As little as Alan Wake did for me, I have to admit one of my dream games is Alan Wake but it's Garth Marenghi instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

axleblaze posted:

As little as Alan Wake did for me, I have to admit one of my dream games is Alan Wake but it's Garth Marenghi instead.

i'd play that as long as dean learner is a playable character as well.

• Locked thread