Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

SubponticatePoster posted:

But if you're playing SP as a vanguard you shouldn't be using your gun anyway :colbert:

This is blatantly untrue. There are times you need to shoot things in the environment. Always carry a pistol for such times.

Remember that "enemies" are not "things in the environment." Shooting enemies is just wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Nah sometimes you have to shoot Banshees and Atlases and sync kill enemies.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Use an SMG, get the explosions morph on your incendiary ammo, shred things.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
If you have warp incendiary ammo is stupid OP due to a bug in the damage calculation (they basically multiply together)

It's why everyone runs it in plat multiplayer

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If you want to know how Mass Effect armor would look in a movie, I guess you can watch Luc Besson's next movie.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I remember playing me 2 with a vanguard that did not have charge good times.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Vanguards are the face rollers of ME.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Furnaceface posted:

I know this is hard to believe but some of us actually enjoy that. I dont get invested enough to care about all the plot holes and terrible story, i just like to be a space wizard with a shotgun killing Batarians all day because its what they deserve. :colbert:

racism is against board rules, please amend your post

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Whorelord posted:

racism is against board rules, please amend your post

It's speciesism and there ain't nothing wrong with blasting four eyes all day long either.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I gotta say, the series doesn't do much to make the Batarians look like anything but the scum of the galaxy until ME3, which humanizes the Batarians but paints their civilization as even worse than what I'd imagined. And vorcha, well, vorcha are still the scum of the galaxy.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Andromeda survey leak, or a fabrication. You be the judge.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202194

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

tribbledirigible posted:

It's speciesism and there ain't nothing wrong with blasting four eyes all day long either.

#blinklivesmatter

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Andromeda survey leak, or a fabrication. You be the judge.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202194

It's pretty similar to those leaks that came out a while back. Don't think there's really anything too surprising or different there except that the species that live there will be enemies. Could also still have that ancient race though!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So ME:A will be a 3rd person shooter, and there will be aliens to fight.

Hm.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Halloween Jack posted:

Hm.

fail, poo poo game, worst game of 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Let's see if bioware and EA have the balls to make US the bad guy in this.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

but Shepard ... you are the demons

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

Hm.
hosed up if true.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Looking forward to Space Imperialism Simulator 2017. Sorry, Andromedrones, those eezo veins won't harvest themselves!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

WE MUST SECURE A FUTURE FOR OUR BLUE CHILDREN

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

MA-Horus posted:

Most likely not, but I do expect at least a few half-hearted jokes that our crew are the scary invading aliens this time.

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

They won't have the balls to make us the bad guys.
The native Andromedans will be a race of ultrahitlers and only yoomanity and NotShepard can liberate the minor races enslaved by them.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It would be really cool if they made it so that the races of the milky way are starved for resources or something and really loving desperate to find new inhabitable planets, so we decide to invade andromeda in a proper lebensraum war of aggression.

However,

Timespy posted:

They won't have the balls to make us the bad guys.
The native Andromedans will be a race of ultrahitlers and only yoomanity and NotShepard can liberate the minor races enslaved by them.

It will be this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why would it be such a stretch to make the player character the antagonist of Andromeda, when Shepard was already the antagonist of Mass Effect?

Harbinger Did Nothing Wrong.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mymla posted:

It would be really cool if they made it so that the races of the milky way are starved for resources or something and really loving desperate to find new inhabitable planets, so we decide to invade andromeda in a proper lebensraum war of aggression.
After Earth is stripped of all valuable resources, leaving humanity on the brink of collapse, an amazing new material called unobtainium element zero is discovered on a distant planet. An advance fleet is sent to make contact with the natives, a race of blue cats squid-heads who are initially friendly but object to humanity's winner-take-all attitude. Only the main character can bridge the divide between their two cultures by becoming one of them licking an electrified alien flagpole.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is forcing the player to be a bad man doing bad things somehow good game design all of a sudden? Of course we'll be fighting the good fight.

And by we I mean not me because lol if I'm buying another mass effect game.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

sassassin posted:

Is forcing the player to be a bad man doing bad things somehow good game design all of a sudden? Of course we'll be fighting the good fight.

And by we I mean not me because lol if I'm buying another mass effect game.

You don't need to necessarily force the player to do bad things constantly for the background conflict to be something you're on the wrong side of history for.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

khwarezm posted:

You don't need to necessarily force the player to do bad things constantly for the background conflict to be something you're on the wrong side of history for.

I'm moving to canada rather than be drafted into this unjust war.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Canada is a lie. Cerberus runs it and they will turn you into a Husk.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Not April Fool's -- apparently this is a very early gameplay leak?

https://vid.me/p41b

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It has Krogan and good graphics. I'm sold.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The animation on that guy coughing at the spores is pretty damned smooth, considering ME3 would probably just have him fall to the ground like a wet sack of potatoes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That Elder Scrolls-like compass on the HUD might be a big clue. Though I really hope it's not like, fully open-world.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Thats a real good looking korgan.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I am super-hyped for "barrel exploding."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Donald Trump tweeted this video (the tweet is now withheld for copyright reasons, and it's gone from Youtube).

https://vid.me/Okvs

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I can't tell if this is a step up or down from the KKK for him.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

The MSJ posted:

Donald Trump tweeted this video (the tweet is now withheld for copyright reasons, and it's gone from Youtube).

https://vid.me/Okvs

This November, America goes to the Citadel to make a choice. Red lasers for Destruction? Or blue lasers for Control? Or maybe, just maybe, we can find the readiness to make a third choice.

Cyber Jill Stein 2016. :colbert:

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Seriously though, how good was that launch trailer? I must've watched it a dozen times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

wookieepelt posted:

Seriously though, how good was that launch trailer? I must've watched it a dozen times.

It has to be one of the best game trailers ever made. It still holds up.

• Locked thread