Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What was the point of that 3-D Amano drawing? Is that in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
We know that Summons have SOME kind of plot relevance, so showcasing the summons probably means something to the whole storyline. Alternatively, it just looks cool and thats all the point you need in a ff imo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It looked like they were actually fighting Gaia(big Titan) at one point so maybe you have to defeat them as a boss before you can use their summon.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 2, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It seems that Leviathan is going to play a major role as well, since he tries to chow down on the white lady.

But the bad guys are machine men so who is using the giant monsters!?.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Leviathan leviathan

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Baal posted:

Leviathan leviathan

Endless

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It seems that Leviathan is going to play a major role as well, since he tries to chow down on the white lady.

But the bad guys are machine men so who is using the giant monsters!?.

You do. You use the ancient mystic powers of the nature deities to defeat the robot men but you have to prove to each one that you're worthy by beating them in a karaoke match.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bloodychill posted:

You do. You use the ancient mystic powers of the nature deities to defeat the robot men but you have to prove to each one that you're worthy by beating them in a karaoke match.

goty

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Finally, a real use for the Kinect.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Barudak posted:

Finally, a real use for the Kinect.

I think the bone is dumb as hell and if the only way to have a full performance dance and sing-off with Titan with the bone version, I'd buy one in a hear beat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I watched the first episode of the tie-in anime, it was pretty sluggish but I really liked how they keep setting up Noctis' characterization. He's not some brooding edgelord or brash dick, just a quiet dude who doesn't like veggies and evaluates the world entirely in terms of "places I can nap near, in, or on."

It was cute how he picked at the restaurant food he got but scarfs down Ignis' cooking faster than anyone else.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Honestly I'm surprised these weren't made sooner.
http://i.imgur.com/pFXHB6J.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/22dZ8Zk.gifv
:allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That looks like a bacon egg burger.

So hungry now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The part I like even more is Gladiolus and Ignis bickering about Noct's eating habits like an old married couple.

"No really we weren't fighting!" :allears:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Given how weird the demo was, that anime is the best FFXV they released since they announcement.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Instant Grat posted:

Even if they wanted to, they can't anymore. All the pack-in codes for Duscae expired two weeks ago

That can't be right, I got given a code from a friend and activated it just a few days ago, it works fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Honestly I'm surprised these weren't made sooner.

:allears:

can we play as the dude who isn't afraid of a bit of lettuce instead?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I actually like the characterization we've seen so far, they seem like real friends instead of just 9 separate storylines you hear about once then totally forget to go save the world

Edit: While the main girl and guy fall in love and nobody else gets any screentime can't forget that

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh my god I just noticed that Gladio has like three times as many chips as anyone else. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No Aurain

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

then i demand that the entire game is cancelled

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No Aurain

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Episode Duscae reveals a lot of character background. For example: Gladio prefers chunky, Noctis prefers smooth.

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 2, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lettuce can be loving scary.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Vitamin P posted:

That can't be right, I got given a code from a friend and activated it just a few days ago, it works fine.

According to every online source I can find, they expired a year after Type-0 HD's release. March 17th, for US, March 20th for EU.

I also just checked the code slip in my own copy of Type-0, and it says "Code Expiry Date: March 20th 2016" right on it, so idk what to tell you.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Instant Grat posted:

According to every online source I can find, they expired a year after Type-0 HD's release. March 17th, for US, March 20th for EU.

I also just checked the code slip in my own copy of Type-0, and it says "Code Expiry Date: March 20th 2016" right on it, so idk what to tell you.
Psst, maybe expiration dates on codes aren't a hard and fast rule.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

JazzFlight posted:

I assumed they set the expiry dates when the codes are activated initially, but what do I know

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

JazzFlight posted:

But why wouldn't they be?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm glad Square-Enix finally decide to tap the boy band market.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm glad Square-Enix finally decide to tap the boy band market.

Lol if you don't think the primary demographic of these games doesn't love the boy band cast.

The primary demographic is teenagers (and since this is so similar to KH, teenage girls at that.)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/kXR1iZv.gifv

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I just had to pop in to say that Platinum demo was some grade-A horse poo poo. If this is anywhere near how the final game will feel, it's looking pretty rocky. The graphics were all stuttery and pixelated and I'm not quite sure how that combat system even qualifies as gameplay. Holding down a button to attack is just so dumb to me and the final fight didn't show me any interesting combat possibilities.

I'm still really hopeful, but that demo was dire.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

the final fight didn't show me any interesting combat possibilities.

It's there, but it's hidden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xMaHExr00

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The combat is designed so that old people and game journalists can beat it. The actual combat is more around assigning different weapons to different button combinations which allows custom combos, especially in certain situations between fighting quick enemies and heavy hitters.

But they still have to dumb it down so you can just hold buttons to win eventually.

Like, you can beat Devil May Cry by just shooting all day if you want.

Tae fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 2, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

JazzFlight posted:

The graphics were all stuttery and pixelated and I'm not quite sure how that combat system even qualifies as gameplay. Holding down a button to attack is just so dumb to me and the final fight didn't show me any interesting combat possibilities.

but enough about final fantasy 12

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Alright, I can kinda buy that the focus in the final game will be on changing your weapons and attack styles constantly or whatever. That seems a bit like how FF 13 worked with paradigms, I think.

That's at least some strategy.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i am genuinely disappointed they didn't just copy lightning returns's combat

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

Alright, I can kinda buy that the focus in the final game will be on changing your weapons and attack styles constantly or whatever. That seems a bit like how FF 13 worked with paradigms, I think.

That's at least some strategy.

You also have your party members and their skills, like shown here.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I almost feel like the attack/defend command should be a toggle, though. If you need to rotate the camera, you have to move your thumb off the face buttons. I definitely felt like the enemies were going offscreen too often when I was auto-attacking in the demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But why wouldn't they be?

I can't speak for why, but I've definitely had DLC codes that said it was only available through X date, and then I tried it afterwards and it still worked. No reason not to try, I guess, just be prepared if it doesn't work.