Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Altran posted:

Some history lesson needed, why was fatbee chosen as our alliance logo since the beginning?

goons fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

Don't forget that yall got to kill me too

Did they really kick you? I thought that was a troll for sure.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Altran posted:

Some history lesson needed, why was fatbee chosen as our alliance logo since the beginning?

Doesn't matter, the directors voted unanimously last night to change it to 'That Frog Kurtis'

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
time to make those shekels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTnw4BGEnUw

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

here we goooo

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
cant wait for renter titan death

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

because mothra sucks

If you don't know, don't reply with trolls please.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Looks like CCP have gone full retard with the supercap rebalance: tracking titans are back.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

LemonDrizzle posted:

Looks like CCP have gone full retard with the supercap rebalance: tracking titans are back.

So that's the price PL/NC. demanded for kicking of this latest PR campaign.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

LemonDrizzle posted:

yeah but infinite spidertanking circlejerks are gone at the same time so actually using them comes as a higher risk

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
So anyboday give me a current events which is not reddit pubbie sperging please?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Foul Ole Ron posted:

So anyboday give me a current events which is not reddit pubbie sperging please?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770359&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post458071763

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

T2 High Angle guns are going to absolutely destroy in this patch. I anticipate rampant abuse by PL/NC. resulting in the destruction of many fleets (and the loss of some dreads), and many TMC articles crying about how OP it is.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

kiresays posted:

Did they really kick you? I thought that was a troll for sure.

Syndic has done a lot of shady poo poo. Among others, leaking intel to foehammer006 (who is in PL now). The story of syndic is a warning story to those who are constant shitheads.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Cheers lad.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Reddit legit has more accurate info than that post.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiresays posted:

T2 High Angle guns are going to absolutely destroy in this patch. I anticipate rampant abuse by PL/NC. resulting in the destruction of many fleets (and the loss of some dreads), and many TMC articles crying about how OP it is.

The reason it's not OP is because Titans will also be easier to kill in return. Also Supers can 1 volley Battleships from 1000+ km away after the patch so committing a titan to do it at point blank range is silly.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dragonstalking posted:

mly

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Venom Snake posted:

Also Supers can 1 volley Battleships from 1000+ km away after the patch so committing a titan to do it at point blank range is silly.

They're changing the maximum targeting range from 250km?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

You could do that or just ignore it since it's an recruitment email thing we do.

You do you friend.

Is the PL guy really trying to take the high ground on awoxing?

Hisec awoxing was my favorite thing to do when I wanted a change of pace. During periods between war if just join random hisec corps that were doing mining ops. "Hey do y'all wanna see my vindicator?"

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

:eyepop:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Does that new capital mod that lets you instant target stuff not available for anything outside carriers?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Boogalo posted:

Supers don't need a target lock to deal damage

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ranbo das posted:

Supers don't need a target lock to deal damage

yes they do, they rescinded the "no lock" thing :smithfrog:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

Does that new capital mod that lets you instant target stuff not available for anything outside carriers?

I think that one is supercarrier restricted.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I think that one is supercarrier restricted.

You can put it on regular "assault" carriers.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Boogalo posted:

It's only slightly farther targeting range now. The following example is an Aeon.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

https://www.worldwarbee.com

Their mein kampf

WhiteHalo117
Jul 5, 2013

Surprise!!!

Syndic Thrass posted:

Don't forget that yall got to kill me too

Syndic you are my forever blue <3.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

yes they do, they rescinded the "no lock" thing :smithfrog:

:rip:

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

dragonstalking posted:

Please go reddit yourself.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

dragonstalking posted:

Even if that were true (Hint: it's not) it's not worth trawling through the poo poo that is yours and everyone elses posting there to find it

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Altran posted:

If you don't know, don't reply with trolls please.

Well you managed to quote the one response that was actually accurate.

WhiteHalo117
Jul 5, 2013

Surprise!!!

dragonstalking posted:

I mean, I understand everyone has a right to an opinion. However, straight up bad posting and unfunny trolling is something Reddit tolerates. You should go back where you came from because frankly it's where you belong.

Can someone put this idiot in probation at a minimum already?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Altran posted:

In the before times, in the long long ago, before tidi, or the fleet menu, or interdictors, or fleet doctrines, or jump bridges, or anyone had super caps, or real alliances, and before the toxic wealth/SP accumulation of today, and before they broke the bullshit T2 blueprint monopoly system... back when GF was mainly dudes in Punishers sucking crok in Syndicate... the games "fleet warfare" consisted of a ragtag group of frigates and a few cruisers gate camping pipes.

When BoB or MC. would decide to attack us, it was generally a group of actual BATTLESHIPS or HACs *gasp* that would kick our rear end, so our response was to run newbie drives and blob them with a neverending supply of T1 frigates. Hence the bee analogies started. Considering only like 10% of Eve could actually fly a HAC back then, and probably like 1-2% could actually afford it because of the stupid monopolies, losing a HAC to a bunch of frigates really pissed people off.

Someone eventually found that bee vector design as a stock image somewhere and licensed it for like $50/lifetime, and people started modifying it and poo poo. When CCP announced they were gonna let people put their own actual alliance images into the game (a FOOLS decision, we all agreed), the choice was pretty obvious. Some of my timeline might be a little off (that was like a decade ago) but thats generally what the deal was.

e: should also add that we were forbidden from talking in local, on eve-o, public channels, anywhere but on GF.com and our private in game channels. so people would get destroyed by a bunch of T1 frigs from guys with dumb names (before that was common in the game) in eerie silence. People really hated that.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 2, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
RIP charity titan https://zkillboard.com/kill/52985842/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4d2bfb/nice_hunting_pl_and_snuff_you_killed_the_charity/

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The good guys indeed

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hey PL guys why did you railroad ccp into this cringey as gently caress name

http://updates.eveonline.com/conflict/world-war-bee-the-battle-of-m-oee8/?_ga=1.18706617.161855474.1458428746

:cmon:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

The people have spoken I guess. What would you have called it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

The people have spoken I guess. What would you have called it?

Anything other than a disney pixar movie

• Locked thread