Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Lastgirl and I entering hour 4 of our MLG Pro SSS Tier farming session. Get rekt lifehavers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Dosvidanya posted:

Is there a passive or something i'm supposed to have to make the cryo ice cage/psycho swap maneuver actually freeze the boss? My set up ends up being interrupted because they aren't frozen.

Freeze never (rarely?) works on bosses.

You need to actually encircle and trap them.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Any general advice for leveling a cleric to be a healslut with some DPS? Just hit level 15, takes forever to kill things when Heal and Cure are down.

Right now I'm looking at Cleric>Priest>Priest>Priest>Chaplain>Cleric>Plague Doctor

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Elderbean posted:

Any general advice for leveling a cleric to be a healslut with some DPS? Just hit level 15, takes forever to kill things when Heal and Cure are down.

Right now I'm looking at Cleric>Priest>Priest>Priest>Chaplain>Cleric>Plague Doctor

Switch between a mace and sword depending on which mobs you are fighting to take advantage of weaknesses.
Load up on the blessing damage attribute.
Priest 1 and Priest 2 bring relatively big power spikes because of blessing and sacrament, so just hang in there for a few more levels.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
What's the current demand for tanky classes and builds? ToSbase says that they're favored in group play for their crowd control abilities, but it looks like goons are into PvP?

I live in Brazil with comparatively a pretty bad ping when compared to US friends so I like the buffer zone of extra HP that being a tank class confers on you.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Hit a leveling slump with my sword around 34 today and my buddy and I ported over to Orsha, ran through some n00b zones and got to the lvl 30+ zones. You can breeze through them and they help fill in that exp gap so you don't have to grind the gently caress out of Tenet Church. Not sure if this is standard practice or not. Or if it is efficient. Any other suggestions for leveling?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo can a more experienced player comment on my build plans? Mostly I want to hit things many times, very hard. The level in Peltasta is just so I can take aggro away from my friends who are gonna be playing with me, who BOTH decided to be different flavors of ultra squishy mage.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11366889.1123354551.13223545.556595a5ba.152135557985.15213455

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Edit: Nevermind it was a male only premium outfit because of course it was

kmmos

Reco fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 2, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I'll say it here guys, but don't be afraid to go into voice comms in discord. Four or five of us have been playing together pretty regularly for the past four days (my attendance is going to decrease because work is starting up again :v:) and we've gotten to just before rank 5 tonight. Even those of us who didn't play in the betas now have a little bit of knowledge up to that point and are happy to share.

As far as levelling goes, we ended up hitting every area on the map that was appropriate to our level. Usually there will be two to three parallel tracks of maps that are all within the same level range. If you hit all three of the lines you'll end up with piles of experience cards and money. I know the token definitely helps, but I haven't actually been grinding because of the sheer quantity of experience cards I've received from hitting every quest everywhere. The best killing experience is just doing dungeons, but otherwise in these earlier levels I'd say do quests.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Cleric C1 at level 40 is where poo poo starts to drag super, super hard. holy gently caress

SubMerged
Jan 14, 2003

SALT POTATOES

love cal, dave, and jordi
sleep tight cuckers

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm only taking 1 circle of Wizard and my understanding is that basically none of the skills will matter that much, right? 1 point in Earthquake for CC, some points in Energy Bolt for a fast, cheap, AoE attack, maybe 1 point in Lethargy for the attribute, but outside of that I won't really be using the skills? Heard that Sleep takes long to cast, and Energy Shield doesn't do a lot and takes up a buff slot.

Also, Subzero Shield basically Energy Shield, but better, right?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
lethargy is ok because at 3 pts into it, you can get an attribute that increases damage dealt to lethargic targets. sleep is prob the best c1 wiz skill because it works on any not boss. eshield sucks, 1 ebolt if you need another spell to cast at ranged and it is a knock back.

subzero shield is a bit different but yeah mostly the same.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The party search tool doesn't work right?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Might as well go squire 2 / templar 1 so you can be a guild leader.

As far as I know our group already has someone planning on being the Templar, and going Squire seems like a waste if you aren't going to fully commit to it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The party search tool doesn't work right?

I think it's been broke since Friday

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Wait, is the overkill exp really removed? That's like 100% of the reason I went Peltasta 2. If i don't get any overkill bonus exp I don't need peltasta 2 at all, it's strictly cooldown based overkill damage.

How do you get a token if you don't already have a token activated? I don't understand why every token on the AH is 500k when people are willing to person to person trade for much less. I'm assuming I can't just buy it off someone who has the ability to trade.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Bashez posted:

How do you get a token if you don't already have a token activated? I don't understand why every token on the AH is 500k when people are willing to person to person trade for much less. I'm assuming I can't just buy it off someone who has the ability to trade.

500k is the minimum the AH will let you sell a token for

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Bashez posted:

How do you get a token if you don't already have a token activated?
The only way is to buy your initial token from the market.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Is there a reliable way to trade silver from one character to another other than put up items on the market for large amounts and buy them from myself?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
That's annoying, but not unexpected.

I really like the peltasta 350% damage rim blows and stuff. I'm pretty sure it's the hardest hitting ability in the game after a block for a good long while, but I'm thinking I'm going to be busy doing so many other things that the -50% attack is too big a nerf to get two good rim blow/umbo blows in.

Kylra posted:

Is there a reliable way to trade silver from one character to another other than put up items on the market for large amounts and buy them from myself?

In beta my friend used the personal buying shops and selling yourself overpriced junk I think. Didn't get market cut that way but you need premium to even make the shop and I'm not sure if it still works.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Bashez posted:

In beta my friend used the personal buying shops and selling yourself overpriced junk I think. Didn't get market cut that way but you need premium to even make the shop and I'm not sure if it still works.
Personal shops (aside from the class specific shops) are currently disabled.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Wondered why I wasn't seeing any shops. Why are they disabled?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Nettle Soup posted:

Wondered why I wasn't seeing any shops. Why are they disabled?
A bunch of things are a bit limited right now inexplicably. Probably for the early access period. :iiam:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Luceid posted:

Cleric C1 at level 40 is where poo poo starts to drag super, super hard. holy gently caress

why are you C1 at level 40

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
every time i reach the end of the login queue i get booted back to server select

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Inflammatory posted:

every time i reach the end of the login queue i get booted back to server select

That happens to me if the specific channel on a map I try to get into is dead. Is the one you're trying only a 1 white dot channel? If so, give the yellow or red channels a try.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo can a more experienced player comment on my build plans? Mostly I want to hit things many times, very hard. The level in Peltasta is just so I can take aggro away from my friends who are gonna be playing with me, who BOTH decided to be different flavors of ultra squishy mage.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11366889.1123354551.13223545.556595a5ba.152135557985.15213455

I'm doing a pretty similar build except likely Fencer at T7. I'm gonna max Helm Chopper instead of adding any into Frenzy in Barb, and in Pelt I've gone Umbo 5, Rim 4, Guardian 1 (since its only used for the passive ability of + evasion %), and Swash Buckling 5. Swash Buckling is pretty much the only reason people take a circle in Pelt. Its also worth noting that Swash Buckling will not steal aggro, it will only effect things that are not already aggro'd. You can't pull enemies off of your friends afaik. At least, it didn't work that way when I've been playing with Silento, but it could have something to do with damage thresholds or something, since he was higher level and putting out FAR more damage than I. This was with Provoke level 10 as well.
This is adapted from other goons builds and discussion in Discord.

Fair warning for anyone going a similar route: you're gonna be really weak and kills things really, really slowly early on. Pelt is poo poo at putting out damage and until you get into Barb and get more damage output skills you're not going to be killing quickly. I've been killing things I'm pretty overleveled for when not questing and its better than fighting same-level or slightly higher level monsters because its so much easier to kill them.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 2, 2016

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Pesterchum posted:

That happens to me if the specific channel on a map I try to get into is dead. Is the one you're trying only a 1 white dot channel? If so, give the yellow or red channels a try.

thanks, didn't know that was a thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Now I transfered the game into my SSD and by doing a backup and its hosed. The mouse is stuck, it wont let me use it and trying to alt tab ends in failure.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Horizontal Tree posted:

I'm doing a pretty similar build except likely Fencer at T7. I'm gonna max Helm Chopper instead of adding any into Frenzy in Barb, and in Pelt I've gone Umbo 5, Rim 4, Guardian 1 (since its only used for the passive ability of + evasion %), and Swash Buckling 5. Swash Buckling is pretty much the only reason people take a circle in Pelt. Its also worth noting that Swash Buckling will not steal aggro, it will only effect things that are not already aggro'd. You can't pull enemies off of your friends afaik. At least, it didn't work that way when I've been playing with Silento, but it could have something to do with damage thresholds or something, since he was higher level and putting out FAR more damage than I. This was with Provoke level 10 as well.
This is adapted from other goons builds and discussion in Discord.

Fair warning for anyone going a similar route: you're gonna be really weak and kills things really, really slowly early on. Pelt is poo poo at putting out damage and until you get into Barb and get more damage output skills you're not going to be killing quickly. I've been killing things I'm pretty overleveled for when not questing and its better than fighting same-level or slightly higher level monsters because its so much easier to kill them.

Yeah the Peltasta points that didn't go into swash buckling were just kind of a big question mark for me as a whole. Is Frenzy not worth it? It seems like combined with the additional dagger auto-attacks from corsair and deeds of valor from dopple it would add up significantly eventually, but does it still not add up?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Countblanc posted:

why are you C1 at level 40

i was super tired and meant to say priest, its that fuckin long haul just before you get sacrament mang

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

"You can bind emoticons to quick slots!"

Thanks game. Is this actually a thing or is it lying to me? Only reference I can find is a post on the ToS forums asking the same thing, with no replies.

Not gestures, the chat emotes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Seriously after reinstalling the game my mouse cursor is stuck in a corner of the screen and my actual mouse becomes invisible even though you can control it. Anyone knows how to fix this, the game is almost unplayable right now.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Where do I level in the late 30's? I was in an area for level 35 but there weren't many quests and the basement area is 40+.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only now managed to reach Fedimian and I feel like I'm kinda stuck. The next chain sends me to a place 10 levels above mine (I'm at 106) and I cleared most areas around my level that I've seen.

How do I go around leveling? Dungeons?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Seriously after reinstalling the game my mouse cursor is stuck in a corner of the screen and my actual mouse becomes invisible even though you can control it. Anyone knows how to fix this, the game is almost unplayable right now.

that sounds like controller settings being all fucky, have you tried messing around with ui mode? otherwise no clue

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Elderbean posted:

Where do I level in the late 30's? I was in an area for level 35 but there weren't many quests and the basement area is 40+.
The game is pretty bad about directing you to content available to you. I'd suggest looking at the full map for areas around your level that you haven't done and go there to do quests there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I had to delete the game, go into steamapps, delete the folder with the data thats still there, and then re-install the game for it to work. Looks like deleting local data isn't enough, the residual files will gently caress up any installation you do afterwards.

• Locked thread