Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Keeshhound posted:

Just do :gay: in reverse.

I'm partial to either a blue :freep: or :smug:

:mrwhite: works almost as-is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The handwritten stuff at the top of the first page is a link to some sort of dietary supplement and the doctor's office had an affiliate link.
The PA spent a good chunk of my visit explaining all the benefits it had and how she's personally seen it improve medical issues.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
This week I'm abroad so you get a special guest star page instead. May I introduce

Crushin Libs
https://www.facebook.com/crushin.libs/?fref=ts

my friend linked me to this, and knowing my love for Obama is Gay Michelle is a Man memes, I clicked. And found a gold mine

I believe you will find that Crushin libs finds glassing the ME a very popular solution to their problems, real or imagined

100%? :raise:

NOT RACIST

More anti-muslim stuff, it's all the same

This one is a special level of not caring

Islamic Hospital

Goat

Gross

Double Gross

Some kind of trifecta box of gross

CL is more relentlessly anti-Bernie than EPORW (and anti-Hillary. While EPORW is still stuck in hating Obama)

There's that can't follow causal chain thing again

Similar

I haven't kept up but is the latest that he was groping her so she shoved him off?

Yikes

aw, Jeb!

Ok there's the obama bashing we know and love

ya burnt

Pro-free market

More markets = more free = more better?

Definitely anti-feminist and PC culture (their interpretation of it)

Welfare

Guess which one will benefit from a social safety net!

Cuba

BIRDEL CASTRO

CL is deffo mad about Campus PC/Safe Space Canards

I can get behind Rainbow Sled Hitler

Have unisex bathrooms? Sounds good to me

might as well not have signs laws

So close

still so close

OH MY GOD HOW CLOSE CAN YOU GET?

ok that's funny

true

This is also good by me

drat, CL on a roll

Trump make building

Lions

One hopes, Crushin Libs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

this loving owns

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If it's not a race, what is it?
Something that otherwise you'd believe there should be full freedom of, Crushin Libs?

xergm posted:

I'm partial to either a blue :freep: or :smug:

:mrwhite: works almost as-is.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Defenestration posted:

Islamic Hospital

You mean like the one that's in the middle of Washington loving DC?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
They're pretty much admitting they want to live in a dictatorship - or at least a cult of personality, while accusing others of living in a cult of personality dictatorship. Obama is more left wing that them = bad, Putin has literal crackdowns on human rights, but that = good because he's so manly and macho, or rather, his propoganda says he's manly and macho.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

RagnarokAngel posted:

No pay internships are basically this since you're already paying for school.

Sometimes it's even more blatant than that.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Help. My boyfriends Harley riding bro from back in the day posted a meme saying we should give benefits to our veterans before we give them to illegal immigrants. The bf touched the poop first and said illegals can't even get benefits. The friend went off on a tangent saying illegals should learn English like his grandparents did and asserted they must be hurting the economy. I got involved to say we actually benefit from their mistreatment.

Today he posted this:

And tagged me saying Here's something to read Bast Relief :)

I feel like, gently caress you very much for a minuscule amount of facile reading. But what should I really say? Or link to?

Bast Relief fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 2, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Bast Relief posted:

Help. My boyfriends Harley riding bro from back in the day posted a meme saying we should give benefits to our veterans before we give them to illegal immigrants. The bf touched the poop first and said illegals can't even get benefits. The friend went off on a tangent saying illegals should learn English like his grandparents did and asserted they must be hurting the economy. I got involved to say we actually benefit from their mistreatment.

Today he posted this:

And tagged me saying Here's something to read Bast Relief :)

I feel like, gently caress you very much for a minuscule amount of facile reading. But what should I really say? Or link to?

Ask him how he feels about the Gadsden Flag and State flags?

If he feels loyalty to only one Flag is important, he might want to consider whatever Flag waving fucktards he supports.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If the USA is so adamant about languages, it should designate an official one.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

ewiley posted:

You mean like the one that's in the middle of Washington loving DC?

Obvious liberal ploy to convert our children to Islam. After all, one Allahu Ahkbar and before you know it Sharia Caliphate.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

Ask him how he feels about the Gadsden Flag and State flags?

If he feels loyalty to only one Flag is important, he might want to consider whatever Flag waving fucktards he supports.

He does not know what those flags are. He is an LA boy pretending to be a yokel. I'm sure many of his friends know what those flags are and he's certainly seen them. He's just ignorant, but thinks he must be smart because he has a good job.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I agree with Subjunctive. Go with the fact that if we cared about English being the only language allowed here, we'd have made it the official language. We didn't, so he can concern troll about something else.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dameius posted:

I agree with Subjunctive. Go with the fact that if we cared about English being the only language allowed here, we'd have made it the official language. We didn't, so he can concern troll about something else.

The response I've heard to that from my American family is that it should be obvious that everybody needs to speak English. Everyone who founded the country did it in English. It's not something you should need to make official because any right-thinking American should just know, and anyone who uses a non-English language is doing it to be difficult or is an illegal, and either way shouldn't be here.

No, I don't get it either.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Thanks guys. Bf is asking me not to poop touch, but the guy tagged me so...

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Bast Relief posted:

Thanks guys. Bf is asking me not to poop touch, but the guy tagged me so...

If you absolutely can't resist, you could also ask what benefit an official language would bring. What harm is being perpetuated by allowing government documents to be written in other languages so that non-native speakers can better engage in their civic duties?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Prism posted:

The response I've heard to that from my American family is that it should be obvious that everybody needs to speak English. Everyone who founded the country did it in English. It's not something you should need to make official because any right-thinking American should just know, and anyone who uses a non-English language is doing it to be difficult or is an illegal, and either way shouldn't be here.

No, I don't get it either.

To people who think like that I say: 肏你妈,洋鬼子

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tarezax posted:

To people who think like that I say: 肏你妈,洋鬼子

Sadly, I can't read that.

On checking, though the States doesn't have a national official language, 25+ states do have English as a state official language, so there's that, I suppose.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Prism posted:

Sadly, I can't read that.

On checking, though the States doesn't have a national official language, 25+ states do have English as a state official language, so there's that, I suppose.

Loosely translated: gently caress off, whitey

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Keeshhound posted:

If you absolutely can't resist, you could also ask what benefit an official language would bring. What harm is being perpetuated by allowing government documents to be written in other languages so that non-native speakers can better engage in their civic duties?

I live down the road from a small town, Guadalupe AZ. It's been around longer than Arizona has been a state. Their government produces documents in English, Spanish and Yaqui. Why should they be forced to change just because a bunch of immigrants moved in around them and are threatened by their languages?

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

"Well, Katie, Mommy saw some nig- um... blah- um...Amish people with things she thinks that they shouldn't have for some reason and just thought that they used welfare to purchase them. I mean, it's impossible for nig- um...blah um....Amish people to have educations which lead to jobs which pay better than Mommy's data entry job... isn't it?"

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I just dropped the national language thing on him and also said that I consider myself an American never mind whatever other people define "every facet an American" as. gently caress that poo poo. I don't have the same values as conservative Americans and I don't fellate my country as much as they do, but why do they get to define what an American is?

I'm getting this vibe like he thinks I'm just his friend's young dumb girl, but I have a masters and he never even went to college, but he's got property and money, so I guess he's the one who knows more.

This poo poo pisses me off.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Bast Relief posted:

I just dropped the national language thing on him and also said that I consider myself an American never mind whatever other people define "every facet an American" as. gently caress that poo poo. I don't have the same values as conservative Americans and I don't fellate my country as much as they do, but why do they get to define what an American is?

I'm getting this vibe like he thinks I'm just his friend's young dumb girl, but I have a masters and he never even went to college, but he's got property and money, so I guess he's the one who knows more.

You were born in America, that makes you an American.

:shrug:

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Sorry for being vague. I meant a "Real 'Merican", the kind you wouldn't say "If you don't like it then LEAVE" to.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Bast Relief posted:

Sorry for being vague. I meant a "Real 'Merican", the kind you wouldn't say "If you don't like it then LEAVE" to.

Those are the BEST people to say that to.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

If he doesn't cut it out I will!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

One of my best memories is after Obama's election, telling my racist-rear end dad "HEY! WE ARE AT WAR! You do NOT disrespect the President of these United States, especially during a war! That's what you and FOX News taught me over these past 8 years. If you don't like ARE PRESIDENT, then you can GIT OUT!"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bast Relief posted:

If he comes back with more stupid just tell him that you're sorry for triggering him so hard and next time you'll give him a trigger warning and in the meantime is there some safe space you can help him get to so he can calm down.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Bast Relief posted:

More money therefore better. Sorry young dumb girl, looks like he has the upper hand in all things forever.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
So this guy on Facebook is arguing for a national language for private communication (not just official documents), which would be an expansion of the federal government's power. You might be able to make a First Amendment argument against it.

quote:

Last I read, this is not how Monica Lewinsky feels about it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Last I read, this is not how Monica Lewinsky feels about it.

Maybe not, but ask Juanita Broaddrick next.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Dameius posted:

If he comes back with more stupid just tell him that you're sorry for triggering him so hard and next time you'll give him a trigger warning and in the meantime is there some safe space you can help him get to so he can calm down.

So what he came back with was surprising. He agreed that I was every bit an American, and a hot one at that! He referred to me as "girl".

I'm really pissed on so many levels. But I'm just letting it go with this retard.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Bast Relief posted:

So what he came back with was surprising. He agreed that I was every bit an American, and a hot one at that! He referred to me as "girl".

I'm really pissed on so many levels. But I'm just letting it go with this retard.

I feel like anyone could have told you this is how it would have turned out.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I could have told me this too. I'm disappointed in myself.

I'm leaving fb alone for awhile. Another friend posted some police catching a man who was waving a weapon at them. They used a net to apprehend him and no one was hurt. The poster's friend commented, "The thingy is armed! Shoot!"

The thingy? So people are things now.

I can't wait until I get some time off. I'm going to hike into the woods and I won't be tempted to keep looking at this poo poo.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wow! Bernie pays his interns $12/hour? poo poo maybe I should sign up.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Wow! Bernie pays his interns $12/hour? poo poo maybe I should sign up.

Interns deserve only the dirt from my boot. They don't know what it means to truly work for this kind of career.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Rexicon1 posted:

Interns deserve only the dirt from my boot. They don't know what it means to truly work for this kind of career.

I'm filing that one with "Obama didn't invite guy to White House" under "I HATE THING! WHY DON'T YOU DO IT MORE?"

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010
Another actual email. Of course I'm not reading the whole thing, but I did skim a particularly cute bit about how the famously weak 18th century British navy took to disguising their ships with 'Murican flags to scare those evil Muslims away. Also probably something about how evil African Muslims took slaves, unlike the honest people of Europe and North America. Behold:

quote:

How Thomas Jefferson handled it!!!

When Thomas Jefferson saw there was no negotiating with Muslims,
he formed what is now the Marines (sea going soldiers). These Marines
were attached to U. S. Merchant vessels. When the Muslims attacked U.S.
merchant vessels they were repulsed by armed soldiers, but there is more.

The Marines followed the Muslims back to their villages and killed every man,
woman, and child in the village. It didn't take long for the Muslims to
leave U.S. Merchant vessels alone.

English and French merchant vessels started running up our
flag when entering the Mediterranean to secure safe travel.

Why the Marine Hymn contains the verse, "To the Shores of Tripoli".

This is very interesting and a must read piece of our history. It points
out where we may be heading.
Most Americans are unaware of the fact that over two hundred years ago the
United States had declared war on Islam, and Thomas Jefferson led the charge!

At the height of the 18th century, Muslim pirates (the "Barbary Pirates")
were the terror of the Mediterranean and a large area of the North Atlantic.

They attacked every ship in sight, and held the crews for exorbitant ransoms.

Those taken hostage were subjected to barbaric treatment and wrote heart-breaking letters
home, begging their governments and families to pay whatever their Mohammedan captors
demanded.

These extortionists of the high seas represented the North African Islamic nations of Tripoli, Tunis, Morocco, and
Algiers - collectively referred to as the Barbary Coast - and presented a dangerous and
unprovoked threat to the new American Republic Before the Revolutionary War, U.S. merchant ships
had been under the protection of Great Britain. When the U.S. declared its independence and
entered into war, the ships of the United States were protected by France.

However, once the war was won, America had to protect its own fleets Thus,
the birth of the U.S. Navy. Beginning in 1784, 17 years before he would become president, Thomas Jefferson
became America's Minister to France. That same year, the U.S. Congress sought
to appease its Muslim adversaries by following in the footsteps of European nations who
paid bribes to the Barbary States rather than engaging them in war.

In July of 1785, Algerian pirates captured American ships, and the Dye of
Algiers demanded an unheard-of ransom of $60,000. It was a plain and
simple case of extortion, and Thomas Jefferson was vehemently opposed to
any further payments.

Instead, he proposed to Congress the formation of a coalition of allied nations who
together could force the Islamic states into peace.

A disinterested Congress decided to pay the ransom. In1786, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams met
with Tripoli's ambassador to Great Britain to ask by what right his nation attacked American ships and
enslaved American citizens, and why Muslims held so much hostility towards America, a nation with which they had no
previous contacts.

The two future presidents reported that Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja
had answered that Islam "was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it
was written in their Quran that all nations who would not acknowledge
their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found,
and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Musselman (Muslim) who should be
slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise."

Despite this stunning admission of premeditated violence on > non-Muslim nations, as
well as the objections of many notable American leaders, including George Washington, who warned that caving in was
both wrong and would only further embolden the enemy, for the following fifteen years the American
government paid the Muslims millions of dollars for the safe passage of American ships or the return of American
hostages.

The payments in ransom and tribute amounted to over 20 percent of the United States government annual revenues in 1800.
Jefferson was disgusted. Shortly after his being sworn in as the third President of the United States in 1801, the
Pasha of Tripoli sent him a note demanding the immediate payment of $225,000 plus $25,000 a year
for every year forthcoming. That changed everything. Jefferson let the Pasha know, in no uncertain terms,
what he could do with his demand. The Pasha responded by cutting down the flagpole at the
American consulate and declared war on the United States.

Tunis, Morocco, and Algiers immediately followed suit.

Jefferson, until now, had been against America raising a naval force for anything
beyond coastal defense, but, having watched his nation be cowed by Islamic
thuggery for long enough, decided that it was finally time to meet force with force.
He dispatched a squadron of frigates to the Mediterranean and taught the
Muslim nations of the Barbary Coast a lesson he hoped they would never
forget. Congress authorized Jefferson to empower> U.S. ships to
seize all vessels and goods of the Pasha of Tripoli and to "cause to be done all
other acts of precaution or hostility as the state of war would justify".
When Algiers and Tunis, who were both accustomed to American cowardice and acquiescence, saw the
newly independent United States had both the will and the right to strike back,they quickly
abandoned their allegiance to Tripoli.

The war with Tripoli lasted for four more years, and raged up again in
1815. The bravery of the U.S. Marine Corps in these wars led to the
line "to the shores of Tripoli" in the Marine Hymn, and they would forever
be known as "leathernecks" for the leather collars of their uniforms,
designed to prevent their heads from being cut off by the Muslim scimitars
when boarding enemy ships. Islam, and what its Barbary followers justified
doing in the name of their prophet and their god, disturbed Jefferson quite
deeply.

America had a tradition of religious tolerance. In fact Jefferson, himself, had
co-authored the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, but fundamentalist Islam was like no other religion the
world had ever seen.

A religion based on supremacy, whose holy book not only condoned but
mandated violence against unbelievers, was
unacceptable to him.

His greatest fear was that someday this brand of Islam would return and pose
an even greater threat to the United States. This should concern every
American. That Muslims have brought abounded
universities and public pools; that Christians, Jews, and Hindus have been
banned from serving on juries where Muslim defendants are being judged; Piggy
banks and Porky Pig tissue dispensers have been banned from workplaces
because they offend Islamist sensibilities; ice cream has been discontinued at
certain Burger King locations because the picture on the wrapper looks
similar to the Arabic script for Allah; public schools are pulling pork from
their menus; on and on and on and on. America. By not fighting back, by
allowing groups to obfuscate what is really happening, and not insisting that
the Islamists adapt to our culture, the United States is cutting its
own throat with a politically correct knife, and helping to further the
Islamists' agenda.

Sadly, it appears that today America's leaders would rather be politically
correct than victorious! If you have any doubts about the above information, Google: "Thomas
Jefferson vs. the Muslim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Lemma posted:

Another actual email. Of course I'm not reading the whole thing, but I did skim a particularly cute bit about how the famously weak 18th century British navy took to disguising their ships with 'Murican flags to scare those evil Muslims away. Also probably something about how evil African Muslims took slaves, unlike the honest people of Europe and North America. Behold:

This is basically an explanation of why terrorism is an acceptable form of warfare.