Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I vaguely remember some imgur album of a fan edit of a DC event series (Final Crisis I think?) that someone posted in the last DC thread or a past chat thread. All I remember for sure about it is it has Superboy saying "doggies love Superboy! And doggies love genocide!" Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about/a link to the album I'm thinking of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DrProsek posted:

I vaguely remember some imgur album of a fan edit of a DC event series (Final Crisis I think?) that someone posted in the last DC thread or a past chat thread. All I remember for sure about it is it has Superboy saying "doggies love Superboy! And doggies love genocide!" Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about/a link to the album I'm thinking of?

That's Penguin Patrol and E&C doing EDITED Crisis #4. From that gently caress awful Infinite Crisis. Final Crisis is a treasure that exists despite Dan Didio's best efforts.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I was really hoping they give Green Lantern to someone who wasn't Venditti.

My favourite DC superhero is Green Lantern. I can't stand Venditti.
My favourite Marvel superhero is Spider-Man. I can't stand Slott.

Why you gotta do this to me, comics?

Yes, yes, I know, there's plenty else to read, let me bitch

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Jiro posted:

That's Penguin Patrol and E&C doing EDITED Crisis #4. From that gently caress awful Infinite Crisis. Final Crisis is a treasure that exists despite Dan Didio's best efforts.

:tipshat: That's it, thanks!

Also I just realized/figured out that the upcoming Superwoman book is probably about the Superwoman who was part of the Crime Syndicate :downs:. I totally forgot there was someone still in the current DC world calling herself that and I thought some random lady was going to get Kryptonian powers like with New Superman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DrProsek posted:

:tipshat: That's it, thanks!

Also I just realized/figured out that the upcoming Superwoman book is probably about the Superwoman who was part of the Crime Syndicate :downs:. I totally forgot there was someone still in the current DC world calling herself that and I thought some random lady was going to get Kryptonian powers like with New Superman.

...Which means there's actually THREE Lois Lanes. Maybe 4, what happened to the Earth 2 one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

...Which means there's actually THREE Lois Lanes. Maybe 4, what happened to the Earth 2 one?

Last seen still in the Red Tornado body.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Harley Quinn is a trans girl and DC needs to make it canon.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

WickedHate posted:

Harley Quinn is a trans girl and DC needs to make it canon.

Yes, but only if they make the Joker a trans man. And Batman a trans man. And Gordon.

SJW turnin' everyone trans.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Joker needs to be a figment of Harley Quinn's imagination, representing her inner demons and self loathing. He never actually existed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Yes, but only if they make the Joker a trans man. And Batman a trans man. And Gordon.

drat that robocop!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DrProsek posted:

Joker needs to be a figment of Harley Quinn's imagination, representing her inner demons and self loathing. He never actually existed.

That's not too dissimilar to the Arkham Knight Joker, which was one of the best versions of the character in years.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I was really hoping they give Green Lantern to someone who wasn't Venditti.

My favourite DC superhero is Green Lantern. I can't stand Venditti.
My favourite Marvel superhero is Spider-Man. I can't stand Slott.

Why you gotta do this to me, comics?

Yes, yes, I know, there's plenty else to read, let me bitch

Well theres always the Green Lanterns book by Sam Humphries (First issue co-written by Geoff Johns and drawn by Ethan Van Sciver!)

I agree with you though (about both Slott and Venditti)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeJazzyRat posted:

One hundred percent down for that.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Jiro posted:

Superboy Prime crying about not knowing who the c and d list Titians he was killing was awesome.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I was hoping that Superboy Prime would show up in the New 52 just so that new readers would be utterly confused. They would be like "what are you talking about? What's this pre-crisis talk?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
If Superboy Prime was the catalyst for DC:Rebirth by showing he was having huge fanboy meltdowns and being an insane editor messing with the DC line on Earth Prime, I would buy every DC comic.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I wonder what Superboy Prime would think of BvS:DoJ. The whole point of the character (from Infinite Crisis on) is the juxtaposition of him wanting superheroes to be fun & charming while he himself is melodramatic & bitter. So does he watch it and say "that's not what Superman would do, this sucks" or "that's what I would do, this is great"?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Reminder that The Omega Men fuckin owns. Two issues left...

I'm considering going all-digital except maybe Marvel titles since those come with a digital copy, but I'm glad to be able to show Omega Men some small measure of support via physical pull list. C'mon DC, either release "DC Unlimited" or include download codes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

HitTheTargets posted:

I wonder what Superboy Prime would think of BvS:DoJ. The whole point of the character (from Infinite Crisis on) is the juxtaposition of him wanting superheroes to be fun & charming while he himself is melodramatic & bitter. So does he watch it and say "that's not what Superman would do, this sucks" or "that's what I would do, this is great"?

He breaks into a DVD commentary recording session and rips off one of Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill's arms while yelling "YOUR MOVIE WAS JUST MEDIOCRE" then turns to Ben Affleck and says "You were pretty great" while weeping.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Were you just starting to feel good about 2016 DC?
Bloodlines #1 Preview: http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/bloodlines-dc-comics/

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

this wouldn't be nearly as bizarre if it wasn't a 180 from DC's many attempts to distance itself from Bloodlines

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Sounds like Revival with explicit superpowers.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Space Fish posted:

Reminder that The Omega Men fuckin owns. Two issues left...

I'm considering going all-digital except maybe Marvel titles since those come with a digital copy, but I'm glad to be able to show Omega Men some small measure of support via physical pull list. C'mon DC, either release "DC Unlimited" or include download codes.
From what I heard, there are some legality issues in regards to trademarks with creating a DC Unlimited platform similar to Marvel's. Especially where older comics are involved, as opposed to more modern ones.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Those goddamn bastard's know just what nostalgia button to hit.

Also reminds me to hit EBay and get a complete bloodlines set...

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I see JT Krul is continuing the grand tradition of arm-related violence.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

What was Krul's big break at DC? Was he a Red Hood guy?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

What was Krul's big break at DC? Was he a Red Hood guy?

even better

it's RISE OF ARSENAL

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He also did Blackest Night: Titans.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

I was going to say that as someone who never read the original Bloodlines I'm still curious about Bloodlines 2016 but then I saw that art and while I've definitely seen worse, that's um really killing my curiosity.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
JT Krul's first DC work (after writing of ton of Aspen books) was a Poison Ivy one-shot titled... wait for it... Deflowered.

Then he did a bunch of terrible Titans stuff which to be fair sort of blended in with [everyone else who worked on Teen Titans 2005-2015].

The Batman one-shots where Krul got his break were basically DC auditions for five writers: Krul, David Hine, Joe Harris, Arvid Nelson, and Jason Aaron. They seem to have picked Krul.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Teenage Fansub posted:

I actually liked the original Bloodlines. Some of the characters like Geist, Argus and Hitman that came out of the event were fantastic.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Jiro posted:

Final Crisis is a legitimately good ending to the DC Universe.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm not dreaming this, right? One of the characters from Bloodlines looked exactly like Blanka from Street Fighter? That's the only impression I have left of those books at this point.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

NorgLyle posted:

I'm not dreaming this, right? One of the characters from Bloodlines looked exactly like Blanka from Street Fighter? That's the only impression I have left of those books at this point.
Loose Canon. Whose default color was Blue with blonde hair, but his skin changed to reflect how enraged he became.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

God I love how terrible 90s powers are. They're bringing back Gunfire, who had the power to turn any gun-sized object he held into a gun.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bloodlines is a cool concept and I'm glad it's getting a reboot that'll hopefully do it better than the first time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

HitTheTargets posted:

God I love how terrible 90s powers are. They're bringing back Gunfire, who had the power to turn any gun-sized object he held into a gun.
The second Gunfire had a good send-off. If this one doesn't sport his Iconic Glasses, no show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

Pfft, my nephew can do that.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The rear end grenade never gets old. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

I will always remember J.T. Krul as the guy out of all the bad writers Green Arrow had in the New 52 before Jeff Lemire took over as the one I hated the most.