Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattmuffinman
Oct 13, 2008
Well its been a few years but i fancy giving this a go again. Created a bard, Xherez. Anyone got a bard weapon rotting in the bank on blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

mattmuffinman posted:

Well its been a few years but i fancy giving this a go again. Created a bard, Xherez. Anyone got a bard weapon rotting in the bank on blue?

I've got a Partisan in EC you can have. Will be on in a few hours

mattmuffinman
Oct 13, 2008

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I've got a Partisan in EC you can have. Will be on in a few hours

ok great! I'll be killing decaying skeles in Freeport

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Gonna jump on Blue tonight most likely if I don;t have any installer issues. Gonna try and get the name "Urinal"

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Siets posted:

Did you leave Empire or something?

Empire disbanded after waking the sleeper, we wanted to end on a high note instead of fizzling out. All existing characters are gonna be detagged in a couple weeks etc.

I'm not joining tempest, just gonna do my own thing and go back to helping new players until another guild worth my time comes around.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I'm on Red with a 26 SK (Uhuh) and a 13 Ench (Bland) if anyone wants to get together and kill some poo poo tonight. I play pretty sporadically at late-night PST times normally but I'm on vacation this week so it's on-ish.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Empire disbanded after waking the sleeper, we wanted to end on a high note instead of fizzling out. All existing characters are gonna be detagged in a couple weeks etc.

I'm not joining tempest, just gonna do my own thing and go back to helping new players until another guild worth my time comes around.

Do you think Red will die? EQpvp server has had about 100 people on at all times. Red has had like 120 or so. Is this my chance to finally be a part of something in red or am I just wasting my time? My warrior is still 47

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Quite A Tool posted:

I'm on Red with a 26 SK (Uhuh) and a 13 Ench (Bland) if anyone wants to get together and kill some poo poo tonight. I play pretty sporadically at late-night PST times normally but I'm on vacation this week so it's on-ish.

If I'm on tonight I'd be down to PL your ench

lemonslol posted:

Do you think Red will die? EQpvp server has had about 100 people on at all times. Red has had like 120 or so. Is this my chance to finally be a part of something in red or am I just wasting my time? My warrior is still 47

It's a tough call.
EQpvp allows boxing, so population numbers are inflated. And like all the other devnoob boxes in the past, they come and go in a matter of months.
Red server is starved of its main source of new players (blue server xfers) and I don't think Empire farming warders is going to make a bit of difference in that regard. Only 1 raiding guild remains on the server, and half of their leadership are bitter day 1 red player hypernerds who spent the past year griefing new players off the box because they were bitter about losing Velious & being rejected from empire. I'll eat my hat when players like Sickpuppy, Tune, and Ragnaros start doing anything to positively impact the population of the server. It kinda says a lot when a guild gives officer to a player who has like 8 characters perma banned for training new players.
There may be enough players out there who still want to raid, but won't play with Tempest, and another guild may pop up in the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I wouldn't consider the server dead quite yet either. Give it some time for the dust to settle.
Whether red becomes a 1 or 2 guild server, people are going to keep playing on it. Will be a very long time before you see another guild clearing NTOV. For players who want to experience EQ Velious raid progression who don't mind going back & doing kunark content, this is going to be a golden era. Don't have your epics yet? Now's your chance. For established geared players and ex-empire, yeah red server won't be killing anything relevant to you for months to come. I'll put a bullet in my brain before I spend another second of my life farming Plane of Growth trash.
Either way, whatever happens to red the server's going to need Warriors. Willing to bet almost every geared tank just retired last night.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 1, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
ANyone on blue that wants to help a brand new Paladin?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Booblord Zagats posted:

ANyone on blue that wants to help a brand new Paladin?

Only if you're in Qeynos area. If so, my 60 bard is in Blackburrow and can pull it all for you. ALL THE TEETH!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

If I'm on tonight I'd be down to PL your ench

It's a tough call.
EQpvp allows boxing, so population numbers are inflated. And like all the other devnoob boxes in the past, they come and go in a matter of months.
Red server is starved of its main source of new players (blue server xfers) and I don't think Empire farming warders is going to make a bit of difference in that regard. Only 1 raiding guild remains on the server, and half of their leadership are bitter day 1 red player hypernerds who spent the past year griefing new players off the box because they were bitter about losing Velious & being rejected from empire. I'll eat my hat when players like Sickpuppy, Tune, and Ragnaros start doing anything to positively impact the population of the server. It kinda says a lot when a guild gives officer to a player who has like 8 characters perma banned for training new players.
There may be enough players out there who still want to raid, but won't play with Tempest, and another guild may pop up in the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I wouldn't consider the server dead quite yet either. Give it some time for the dust to settle.
Whether red becomes a 1 or 2 guild server, people are going to keep playing on it. Will be a very long time before you see another guild clearing NTOV. For players who want to experience EQ Velious raid progression who don't mind going back & doing kunark content, this is going to be a golden era. Don't have your epics yet? Now's your chance. For established geared players and ex-empire, yeah red server won't be killing anything relevant to you for months to come. I'll put a bullet in my brain before I spend another second of my life farming Plane of Growth trash.
Either way, whatever happens to red the server's going to need Warriors. Willing to bet almost every geared tank just retired last night.

can you get them to toss me a fungi tunic? That way I can start soloing? Ever since TD thought I was a spy I haven't been able to get groups or ports and its starting to get boring.
Or do they want to help me with my epic lol

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 1, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Inimicul posted:

Only if you're in Qeynos area. If so, my 60 bard is in Blackburrow and can pull it all for you. ALL THE TEETH!

Sounds fun. I haven't made a newbie run from Felwithe to Qeynos since 2000, hopefully on this afternoon/evening as Urinall

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Honestly one of the biggest problems with red server (outside of everything Anime mentioned) is the huge apathy backlash that the Discord troll caused. A lot of semi-serious but non-raiding players were holding out for discord and were sticking around on Red mainly to have something to do until then. With the dawning realization that discord was never going to happen and the devs didn't even give enough of a poo poo to say anything about it to the playerbase (literally nothing) a ton of us just stopped caring at all.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I Love You! posted:

Honestly one of the biggest problems with red server (outside of everything Anime mentioned) is the huge apathy backlash that the Discord troll caused. A lot of semi-serious but non-raiding players were holding out for discord and were sticking around on Red mainly to have something to do until then. With the dawning realization that discord was never going to happen and the devs didn't even give enough of a poo poo to say anything about it to the playerbase (literally nothing) a ton of us just stopped caring at all.

Red is a lot more casual IMO. Which is one of the big pluses. I have been playing on Red since November, and I feel like when I log on I can get into something and make progress. At my levels I get 2% per kill in CoM in a duo group. If no one is online to group, or there are groups already, I log in and try to pvp and get rekt ( I don't have good gear), but it is pretty fun. It's interesting but all the drama that gets complaints on red I have never experienced, except when I tried to join <friends> because my own guild found out and thought I was a spy, or something.

My biggest complaint about red is the population. Since so many blue players are too scared to come on red, or get bullied right out, there is very few opportunities to pvp if you are in a guild. If you are Thunderdome, you get almost no pvp throughout 1-50, if you are not in any guild, you get a lot of pvp but little groups.

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 1, 2016

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

lemonslol posted:

Since so many blue players are too scared to come on red

When it comes to ordering a pizza, I choose Mancino's over Little Caesar's. Sure, Little Caesar's is cheap at half the price, but it tastes like cardboard covered in pan grease. It's not an issue of me cowering in fear from the atrocious thing they call a pizza, it's more because I'm not going to waste my time on a lovely experience when their are much better alternatives.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Is there still a goon guild on blue btw?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Yes, it's still <Unknown Guild>

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Sounds fun. I haven't made a newbie run from Felwithe to Qeynos since 2000, hopefully on this afternoon/evening as Urinall

90% chance that I'll be on as Denanzun whenever I am online lately.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

moolchaba posted:

When it comes to ordering a pizza, I choose Mancino's over Little Caesar's. Sure, Little Caesar's is cheap at half the price, but it tastes like cardboard covered in pan grease. It's not an issue of me cowering in fear from the atrocious thing they call a pizza, it's more because I'm not going to waste my time on a lovely experience when their are much better alternatives.

I agree, I feel bad for all the people who realize this after they're level 60 and hundreds of hours invested into blue now that they can't xfer plat.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

I'm in blue as Shevarra. Having a lot of fun; when the first thing I did was accidentally attack my guildmaster and promptly get slaughtered, only to run out to the hills and lose a battle of attrition with a baby level 1 skeleton, I knew I was home. :holy:

If anyone has any advice or handouts to spare, I'd appreciate it! I've probably made things hard enough for myself as-is by rolling an Erudite Shadowknight, but they look cooool y'all.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

moolchaba posted:

Awful analogy, you forgot to mention those times you didn't get any pizza at all because it wasn't your turn in Mancino's rotation.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Cloche posted:

I'm in blue as Shevarra. Having a lot of fun; when the first thing I did was accidentally attack my guildmaster and promptly get slaughtered, only to run out to the hills and lose a battle of attrition with a baby level 1 skeleton, I knew I was home. :holy:

If anyone has any advice or handouts to spare, I'd appreciate it! I've probably made things hard enough for myself as-is by rolling an Erudite Shadowknight, but they look cooool y'all.

Comedy advice: Don't play an Erudite SK.

Actual advice: Try to get to East Commonlands so you can at least snag easy buffs from people hanging out in the tunnel and groups around the area. I'm not sure if Erudite SKs are KOS in all of Freeport, but I think they are in Qeynos (especially if you picked Cazic Thule) so you'll probably need a port (or at least an invis if you plan to run) out of Toxx. There's just not really enough going on on Odus to justify staying there unless you really want to, but with the Warrens open you could at least level a bit there.

I've got like a 6 enchanter (name is Aeto) so I can't give you any handouts, but if you make it to the Commonlands and haven't massively outleveled me we can group at least !

suuma fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 1, 2016

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Cloche posted:

My SK on live was an Erudite, I loved outfitting her and making her look so drat cool. I've got an Iksar SK this time round and I've got some spare gear lying around, if you see Eria or Nunu on line send me a tell.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Erudite sk's are really cool, good choice

Dirt
May 26, 2003

suuma posted:

Actual advice: Try to get to East Commonlands so you can at least snag easy buffs from people hanging out in the tunnel and groups around the area. I'm not sure if Erudite SKs are KOS in all of Freeport, but I think they are in Qeynos (especially if you picked Cazic Thule) so you'll probably need a port (or at least an invis if you plan to run) out of Toxx. There's just not really enough going on on Odus to justify staying there unless you really want to, but with the Warrens open you could at least level a bit there.

I've got like a 6 enchanter (name is Aeto) so I can't give you any handouts, but if you make it to the Commonlands and haven't massively outleveled me we can group at least !

Erudite SK's own. And when you get to level 24ish You can start farming Paineel guards for 10pp per kill, and quickly save enough up for your Circlet of Shadows. If you get to 20ish and still have poo poo gear hit me up and ill give you some stuff. If you just spend 2-3 levels farming guards you can buy A CoS and a full set of armor to last you for a long time.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 1, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In for a bit as my newb Paladin Urinall, if anyone wants to toss an invite

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

suuma posted:

Joke's on you, I was gonna pay an Erudite Paladin before I changed my mind and went for SK!! (i still might at some point) (its me, im the joke)

I'll try to get in touch with you guys when I get the chance, and maybe get an invite to the guild while I'm at it. Should I be sticking around Odus or going somewhere else ASAP? It's pretty isolated out here but at the same time there's a lot of training to do and spells to get so maybe I don't want to stray too far?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
There's plenty of leveling in the qeynos area off gnoll fangs if you can't get a port from tox. Will get you to 12 as fast as anything else as a newbie.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
First newbie run from Gfay to Qeynos in 15 years. Nostalgia. Also, gently caress Kithicor at night

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I have a 51 erudite SK. Piece of advice: don't roll an erudite SK. I'm rerolling due to being a loving erudite SK.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Why? Is it hard to find erudite gear or something?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Inimicul posted:

Why? Is it hard to find erudite gear or something?

Race bonuses and faction points aren't very good at all for any SK stuff. Same issue I have being a High Elf Paladin. Race to the bottom

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Erudite is objectively the worst race for SK/Paladin by far. Lowest STA, lowest STR, and no meaningful racial abilities for melee. That being said, play whatever you enjoy.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
FashionQuest is most important.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Left Thunderdome, now joining Tempest. Maybe I can finally start tanking big dragons and getting gear. Also it feels weird, but I am really stoked to kill all those thunderdome people who were a pain to group with over the last few months.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
It's velious though so str/sta are maxed on every melee of every race. Erudites get high int which actually owns

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Cloche posted:

Joke's on you, I was gonna pay an Erudite Paladin before I changed my mind and went for SK!! (i still might at some point) (its me, im the joke)

I'll try to get in touch with you guys when I get the chance, and maybe get an invite to the guild while I'm at it. Should I be sticking around Odus or going somewhere else ASAP? It's pretty isolated out here but at the same time there's a lot of training to do and spells to get so maybe I don't want to stray too far?

To be fair, for the erudite cultural platemail, silksteel, is shockingly cheap to make (compared to the high elf/dark elf equivalent) if you know any high skill tailors and if imbued is probably some of the best plate in the game until you get to endgame. Evil Erudites also have a questable infravision helmet as well.

Comparatively speaking, High elves and dark elves crafted plate get the shaft really, Enchanting mithril for their armor requires multiple blue diamonds which are rear end in a top hat expensive compared to Jacnith for Dwarves and rubies (purified mana) for Erudites.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

DeathSandwich posted:

Comparatively speaking, High elves and dark elves crafted plate get the shaft really, Enchanting mithril for their armor requires multiple blue diamonds which are rear end in a top hat expensive compared to Jacnith for Dwarves and rubies (purified mana) for Erudites.

Blue diamonds were removed from the elven enchanting process with the last patch.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Anarch posted:

Blue diamonds were removed from the elven enchanting process with the last patch.

The items required to make moonlite tempers for High Elf stuff are still an enormous pain in the rear end and are the only thing stopping my Mage from looking awesome in chain mail.
Blue diamonds were just expensive but at least you could find them in EC. Good loving luck finding the three items to make those tempers.

The erudite cultural stuff looks cool as gently caress also.
Is terrorantula silk easier to get now or does it still only drop from one rare mob in South Ro?

Dirt fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Any goon able to make that fancy enchanted Teir Dal plate armor? I'd like to buy some if so.