Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I am just waiting for when Megatron and Orion Pax hang out. You know its gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Megatron's new leaf is safe so long as Roberts is on the book and he's said he's got it planned til #100.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
They've already established that the strength-reducing robot drugs that Megatron is taking can have personality altering side effects. I'm sure that once he stops taking them he'll go back to being the genocidal maniac we all know and love.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Avulsion posted:

They've already established that the strength-reducing robot drugs that Megatron is taking can have personality altering side effects. I'm sure that once he stops taking them he'll go back to being the genocidal maniac we all know and love.

I don't think so, he changed his ways without any outside chemical influence. The fool's Energon is doing something to him, we just don't know what the consequences are yet.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
There's also this from last issue. Notice what his right arm's doing and what's missing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I still just hear the voices from the original cartoons when I see Megatron and Starscream, so it's very hard to take all these dramatic moments seriously.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I do that with some characters, especially Starscream, Prime & Ironhide. Not Megatron though

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In my case, it doesn't help that Beast Wars confirmed that that was his actual voice.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There's also this from last issue. Notice what his right arm's doing and what's missing

I haven't read MTME (yet, I have a million TF comics to get through) but it kinda looks like his arm would BECOME the gun for his alt-mode there?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There is usually a giant fuckoff cannon on top of it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lurdiak posted:

In my case, it doesn't help that Beast Wars confirmed that that was his actual voice.

I keep interjecting "Yeeessss" into his speeches :v:

I'm a little sad that he seems to be reverting already, though :smith: I like Happy Megatron and I'd rather he stayed as such.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 31, 2016

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm a little sad that he seems to be reverting already, though :smith: I like Happy Megatron and I'd rather he stayed as such.

Four million years of villanous peon-smashing is a tough habit to break. For what it's worth, he looked absolutely horrified and ashamed afterwards.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Haha. I'm actually talking about this, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXIgdLLVn4E&t=150s

Beast Wars Megatron was such an amazing jerk.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I haven't read MTME (yet, I have a million TF comics to get through) but it kinda looks like his arm would BECOME the gun for his alt-mode there?

this current body he has is new and we haven't seen it's alt mode yet. All we know is that it doesn't have any weaponry attached

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It doesn't seem like he's reverting, something else is happening. Some sort of PTSD I think.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

this current body he has is new and we haven't seen it's alt mode yet. All we know is that it doesn't have any weaponry attached

Um, apart from that honkin' big gun barrel sticking up off his shoulder?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Um, apart from that honkin' big gun barrel sticking up off his shoulder?

Exhaust pipe. Honest.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Exhaust pipe. Honest.

what is the goofy scribble on his left pec supposed to be? It looks like it could be some half-assed truck decal or gun etching.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I didn't even notice that 'til you mentioned it :psyduck: what is that? It makes me think some kind of truck engraving, yeah.

It'd be kind of cool if his alt mode is some kind of truck similar to Optimus :unsmith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sat and read some MTMTE and realized i hear David Kaye's voice when I read his scenes. Kaye being known for voicing the Beast Wars Megatron.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Sigma-X posted:

what is the goofy scribble on his left pec supposed to be? It looks like it could be some half-assed truck decal or gun etching.

It used to be on his original toy. I've always just assumed it was a flourish on real-world P-38 pistols.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Jetfire posted:

It used to be on his original toy. I've always just assumed it was a flourish on real-world P-38 pistols.

Behold the glory that is the original Megatron toy:

E: At least I think it's the original toy; Transformers toy history is mindbogglingly complex

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is a lovely looking robot, but a fairly decent gun.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

CharlestheHammer posted:

Before 'Transformers' was a thing, that toy was a thing in Japan with a name I can never remember that transformed into a gun - as pictured - designed to resemble Ilya Kuryakin's weapon from The Man From U.N.C.L.E., which I always thought was neat - that a cartoon I loved as a kid had a (tenuous, admittedly) link to a TV show that my Mom loved when she was a kid.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The original Transformers came from two Japanese toylines, one that purported to be real tiny robots who changed into things like watches and guns, and one that was typical scaled down representations of what was supposed to be giant (piloted) mecha. If you think Megatron is a lovely looking robot, look at poor Ratchet:

It's because in the original, his toy switched between an ambulance and a battle station, but they still tried passing him off as the cartoon character who was a very clearly humanoid robot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The top half of the page takes some of the wind out of the sails though. :v:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

E: At least I think it's the original toy; Transformers toy history is mindbogglingly complex

I actually have this (well, a japanese re-issue from the 90s) and thought it looked familiar :v:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
"Let it be known that Scooty Puff Jr sucks."

e: I think I mind-melded with someone in the funny panels thread for a second there.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 1, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is there a reason Megatron looks like he's been through a thrashing in the recent pictures?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They've been through a thrashing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pureauthor posted:

Is there a reason Megatron looks like he's been through a thrashing in the recent pictures?

He has been. They crashed after their ship was sabotaged and then they were attacked by a vicious Decepticon army.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pureauthor posted:

He crash landed in a sabotaged ship and was attacked by a horde of decepticons. All while under a vow to never harm another.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Hey, there, Transformers buddies.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The origin of Transformers as a franchise is really pretty fascinating, and this guy did a three part series on its inception. It's a good watch if you've got an hour or so to kill.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I had a load of these toys as a kid.

They were terrible, terrible toys to play with as robots so I always kept them in their vehicle modes :(

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

CharlestheHammer posted:

As you might imagine, that was exactly the problem with that particular toy and the reason it was so hard to find in the US.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hope someone, somewhere, robbed a gas station with Megatron.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Lurdiak posted:

2009 posted:

A 25-year-old Windsor man who allegedly pointed a handgun at his neighbours was arrested on Wednesday after police officers surrounded his west end residence.

The three-hour standoff forced the lockdown of a nearby elementary school, and drew a police response that included tactical officers, body armour, submachine guns, sniper rifles, a police dog and the mobile command centre.

“We treat everything as real,” said Insp. Kirk Mason at the scene after the man had been taken into custody.

“There will be a search of the premises and hopefully we’ll come up with whatever it is that he was waving out the window at his neighbours.”

But the man’s friends accused police of overreacting, and said his supposed handgun was a toy.

“It’s a Transformer,” said William Findley, 24. “It turns into a Luger. It’s an 80s-style Transformer... He’s had a really bad day. People are treating him like crap.”

Pretty sure people have been killed by the police due to that toy as well, as the original predated the US laws requiring orange tips on the barrel.

It's reportedly even tougher to get in Australia, where it's considered a firearm replica.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

Now I'm hoping someone, somewhere robbed a gas station with Galvatron. Or at least tried to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I've seen people at conventions get robbed with all sorts of Transformers.