Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Goobs posted:

Yeah I'm having fun levelling, the game is still gorgeous and the sound/music is great. After reading up on anet and gw2 though I can see why people are upset about it, especially HoT. The recent decision to cancel legendary weapons must still sting a bit =/

The hours will literally number in the hundreds before that effects you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Lonk said nothing wrong.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

:911:

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

A Leeroy Jenkins joke in 2016. That's that patented anet humor we all know and love.

FWIW, Kilroy Stonekin was a character from GW1 that was added when the joke was still fresh.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lyer posted:

The hours will literally number in the hundreds before that effects you

should ask people to post their /age in this thread

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

ExHumus posted:

FWIW, Kilroy Stonekin was a character from GW1 that was added when the joke was still fresh.

I don't want to hurt the feelings of whatever anet employee it is that posts in this thread that took credit for that patch note. I get it, humor is subjective and I'm a big stupid sourpuss. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who enjoyed the joke. But even if it's a one off parody of a really old joke it is pretty much the equivalent of if they made a Chuck Norris joke but used the name Rytlock Brimstone instead. It is beyond dated.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Visidan posted:

Thought they were good, they know whats wrong with the game atleast.

It's not like "things wrong with the game right now" is a very small target to hit

I am happy for lonk, though, because it means at least one goon is finally getting fun out of this game again

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

But even if it's a one off parody of a really old joke it is pretty much the equivalent of if they made a Chuck Norris joke but used the name Rytlock Brimstone instead. It is beyond dated.

And It'd still get a sensible chuckle out of me.

This is also an old joke that made me laugh. :colbert:

Did bird boss really quit? I was aware of the date at the time of posting but you never know. :tinfoil:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i am still utterly baffled as to why my necro damage seems so much lower than everyone elses

my gear is all viper, zerker runes, malice/earth sigils, scepter/dagger. my bleeds are around... 6k? i run lich horrors and the corruption stuff and i am trying to not cancel my autos, but not much seems to change, and i can't keep my horrors alive

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dreggon posted:

i am still utterly baffled as to why my necro damage seems so much lower than everyone elses

my gear is all viper, zerker runes, malice/earth sigils, scepter/dagger. my bleeds are around... 6k? i run lich horrors and the corruption stuff and i am trying to not cancel my autos, but not much seems to change, and i can't keep my horrors alive
Keeping minions alive depends a great deal on the fight and your group setup. In some fights like Gorseval I find that it's pretty hard to keep up a high number of bleeds, at least unless the group has more healing than usual, whereas in a fight like Sabetha it's almost hard to get them killed. For Sloth and Matthias you'll lose all your minions if you transform/get sacrificed, but the DPS loss from that is generally balanced out with the great utility you can bring. But yeah, if you don't have enough healing to keep the minions alive for certain fights you'll never see the 15k bleed ticks, but if you're bouncing epidemics with another necro the DPS contribution is still pretty good.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kessel posted:

Lots of regret posting at that point

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

it's rude to ask how old someone is

Aug 24, 2011

the aspergers have welcomed me into their tribe, and have chosen me as their king

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I don't want to hurt the feelings of whatever anet employee it is that posts in this thread that took credit for that patch note. I get it, humor is subjective and I'm a big stupid sourpuss. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who enjoyed the joke. But even if it's a one off parody of a really old joke it is pretty much the equivalent of if they made a Chuck Norris joke but used the name Rytlock Brimstone instead. It is beyond dated.

It's a pre-existing gw1 reference. Shut up and get over it. As someone who played gw1, Kilroy owns.

Kilroy had some fun missions where you'd go just punching the poo poo outta all the baddies. It was great.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I can actually hear the neckbeard being stroked.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sprite141 posted:

It's a pre-existing gw1 reference. Shut up and get over it. As someone who played gw1, Kilroy owns.

Kilroy had some fun missions where you'd go just punching the poo poo outta all the baddies. It was great.

yeah, those missions were actually fun. you both got really hammered and tag-teamed a bunch of enemies by using drunken brawling and the guy is basically a walking leeroy jenkin's reference because he would legit run off into near everything with reckless abandon.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Hey guys let me tell you about this awesome new "Rickroll" meme

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Elswyyr posted:

Hey guys let me tell you about this awesome new "Rickroll" meme

ok

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Please fax me oldjoke in triplicate. I'm going to be seeking damages in small claims court.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Friendly reminder that this is (was) the week to cash in on your Pact Scout's Mapping Materials.

Or start collecting them if you haven't. Prices for the rewards, much like the posters in this thread, are depressed at the moment but they'll likely bounce back over the next few weeks as, much unlike they posters in this thread, they're generally rare/desirable.

Edit: And farming Frostgorge events/champs as well.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 2, 2016

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Man, I ain't care. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Sprite141 posted:

Cute. I am serious though, all you are doing is saying it's great but not giving any reason as to why. Insulting my intelligence and technical knowledge is in no way going to make me change my mind.

Listen, even if it's the best gw1 reference in the world, you are doing very poorly in communicating it.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Cute. I am serious though, all you are doing is saying it's great but not giving any reason as to why. Insulting my intelligence and technical knowledge is in no way going to make me change my mind.

Listen, even if it's the best gw1 reference in the world, you are doing very poorly in communicating it.

Please don't insult my technical knowledge by stating that something is funny without providing some sort of quantitative proof.

Cute. :allears:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

This post has got to be some kind of ironic joke or reference that I'm just not getting.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Lot of that going around I guess.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Lot of that going around I guess.

I invite you to revise and resubmit your post to the trash can after addressing the concerns of the reviewers.

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

Vargs posted:

This post has got to be some kind of ironic joke or reference that I'm just not getting.

The windows 10 discussion from a few pages back

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ambi posted:

please no

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

god forbid a goofy patchnote page for a dumb 'holiday' has a throwaway reference to the first guild wars that most likely got some laughs of out of some people. wouldn't want anyone at all missing out on this prime Joke Real Estate.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ambi posted:

lmao I missed that reference

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

:blush:

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I am serious though, all you are doing is saying it's great but not giving any reason as to why. Insulting my intelligence and technical knowledge is in no way going to make me change my mind.

I didn't say it was good you nerd. You're just getting your panties in a twist over nothing. All I'm saying is that it is still a guild wars reference, even though it's from a lovely old meme.

I mean yeah, I thought the kilroy joke was stupid too. I just groaned and moved on, not give a detailed description of how that old meme tainted the taste of your wine. gently caress man, next thing you'll do is start preaching about that carnegie dope. No one cares.

ExHumus posted:

Nah the meme was kinda old then too, right?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It was old possibly before it was created, but Kilroy Stonekin was a better npc than most of GW2's and was responsible for fun missions where you got drunk and punched dwarves so deal with it you freakin' fun nazi

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Hey guys, just came in to see how all the good time bonding over Super Adventure Box is going, and I--

:yikes:

Aug 24, 2011

let me tell you about the ethics of preordering vioedgames

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Illuyankas posted:

It was old possibly before it was created, but Kilroy Stonekin was a better npc than most of GW2's and was responsible for fun missions where you got drunk and punched dwarves so deal with it you freakin' fun nazi

philosophical question: who is less funny, someone who doesn't think something is funny or someone who insists the other person is an idiot for not also finding it funny

the answer is both of them

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
answer is you ya wordy bitch, get owned

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzT_0xoqcA4

lmao

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

This thread has more action and story than all the patch notes combined, who needs to spend $50 for a dead game anymore?

e. Character development is a lot better too

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SAB was supposed to bring balance to the thread, it was the chosen one!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Y'all way to mad about a silly joke.

Let's go back to empty anet promises and meta discussions.

• Locked thread