Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I dunno man, that's some really loud snoring! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just an FYI in case anyone else is following it, Hadakeru Kaibutsu ch. 1 has a better translation now and is on batoto. It's the continuation of Kan's story from Renai-rubi no Tadashii Furikata and etc. The first version of the continuation was done as someone's translation practice (LOL if they were doing it for a class and had to turn it in...) and the new one is much easier to read.

The whole thing is
Azami - prequel, Kan x Yumi, chronologically first but probably should read it after the other stuff
Sabita Yoru Demo Koi wa Sasayaku - Kan x Yumi and Mayama x Yumi, start here. Kan is very much a villain in this story and it's pretty rough at times, so be warned.
Renai-rubi no Tadashii Furikata - first half is an unrelated couple but they're really cute, a guy is bullied (?) in high school and wants to get revenge but it doesn't really go the way he plans; second half is where Kan's spinoff starts
Hadakeru Kaibutsu - Shuuna x Kan continues
There's also a chapter with Shuuna and Kan in the Narrow Place Collection dj, don't think that one is on batoto but it's easy enough to find elsewhere

Tanaka Ogeretsu's art is so drat good (and so dirty lol) and this series is full of cute delinquent guys with fangs :3: but it's also pretty drama heavy and angsty with flawed characters, Kan especially.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

Tanaka Ogeretsu's art is so drat good (and so dirty lol) and this series is full of cute delinquent guys with fangs :3: but it's also pretty drama heavy and angsty with flawed characters, Kan especially.

Sounds good will check out later :c00l:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tokyo Shinjuu got a big update finally, looks like the scan group is going to try to get caught up on it too :toot:

e: here's a pretty good review with some sample art
https://shinkeikaku.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/tokyo-shinjuu-by-totem-pole/

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Came across Bitter Change due to the "post single pages" image thread, assumed it'd just be light stuff.

Shoulda thought through how light two people switching bodies and not switching back several years later would be. Just have this increasingly hopeless feeling as I kept reading.

Apparently it's based on a webcomic which has finished, and which doesn't have a happy ending. Though the manga has supposedly deviated a fair amount from the original, so here's hoping that the author decides on a different resolution.

Credit to the author for having no fanservice or weird bullshit whatsoever. Shame whoever does the scanlations has no such inhibitions, and leaves a dumb as gently caress joke page at the end of a few chapters.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
:shrug: Maybe they'll both come out as trans. That honestly seems like the only way that they'd be able to be happy at this point. If they swapped back, I can't imagine their lives turning out for the better.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Cephas posted:

:shrug: Maybe they'll both come out as trans. That honestly seems like the only way that they'd be able to be happy at this point. If they swapped back, I can't imagine their lives turning out for the better.

This is how I hope every single body-swap/"turned into a girl/guy" story turns out and they never do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wouldn't their being forced to live in a body that they feel isn't theirs kind of be the exact opposite of trans-positive?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

chumbler posted:

Wouldn't their being forced to live in a body that they feel isn't theirs kind of be the exact opposite of trans-positive?

Well I think if you look at it by seeing how difficult it is for someone that was born into the "wrong" body and having to survive with all these expectations of that body. This would be what a trans person feels like, we pity these characters and the hardships that are happening to them. So we gain an understanding of what trans people feel like and I guess become more trans positive.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

chumbler posted:

Well what I want specifically is a manga where the main character is magically transformed/whatever and is like "oh this is the thing I always wanted!" :v:
Basically I want one of these to lean into what is otherwise basically a whole subgenre of faux-trans wish fulfillment.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

chumbler posted:

Oh, I meant if Yuuta, in a girl's body, started transitioning back to being a boy and vice versa. By the latest chapter, they both seem to literally have gender dysphoria. If they magically swapped back to their original bodies, they'd probably feel really alienated and it would distort their sense of self, but transitioning in their current bodies would let them feel more comfortable while not uprooting them from years and years of socialization.

I feel like if the bodyswap ends up being a one-time thing, that would totally be a viable option for them.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

jellycat posted:

Well what I want specifically is a manga where the main character is magically transformed/whatever and is like "oh this is the thing I always wanted!" :v:
Basically I want one of these to lean into what is otherwise basically a whole subgenre of faux-trans wish fulfillment.

At best it would be a one shot I think, since there would be no angst or conflict to the story where the protagonist gets their dream in the first chapter.

I always liked short stories like that just something positive for a quick read, but I know it would never be anything more.

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 30, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

New Collectors chapter!
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/collectors_ch16

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I hadn't heard of this before, but it's really good!

Also, the scanlation is absolutely fantastic. Are they just scans of an official, professional English-language release?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hadn't heard of this before, but it's really good!

Also, the scanlation is absolutely fantastic. Are they just scans of an official, professional English-language release?

Nah, it's by a group called lililicious. If it had an official release the gaps between chapters wouldn't be so long.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In this new chapter of Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To, Kaguya is confessed to.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 31, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

Nah, it's by a group called lililicious. If it had an official release the gaps between chapters wouldn't be so long.

Makes sense. The attention to detail is just nuts, though:

e; the TNs are also really good:

e2; and now I've run out of Collectors. :argh: :smith:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 1, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lillicious have been around for years and scanlating yuri stuff before it was cool.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Definitely swing by their site there's some good stuff on there that hasn't been on a frontpage in years. A few NSFW covers on there just fyi.
They also don't do the garbage joke panels at the end of chapters that some groups do.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
This popped up and it is doofy as hell, and full of lines like "how abow-wowt". http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/furry_yuri_schoolgirls

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

April fools!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lillilicious is good and I'm glad they're still around doing stuff.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's nice to have dedicated and skilled groups around, especially in the niche within a niche that they're focused on.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
New Tamen de Gushi, where something terrible happens. :ohdear:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Might be my favorite chapter. I definitely was not expecting that to happen

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

New Tamen de Gushi, where something terrible happens. :ohdear:

its good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The insides... Everywhere...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Help I died. I'm dead.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Sun Jing had the candy in the last chapter though....IMMERSION RUINED

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I keep finding and reading shoujo series with bizarre magic settings. Here's one about a princess who marries a king 145 years her senior. Oh, and he doesn't have a head. It's pretty cute. :3:

coathat
May 21, 2007

The Kings origin story is one of the greatest of all time. It's a shame that there won't be any real ending to it since Mangaka passed away.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Stomach cancer? Oof, rough way to go. Did he have notes on how he planned it out, or is it simply another series that will never be completed due to the entirety being in his head?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Couple of new Horimiya chapters. One sad, one fairly funny/cute. It's been a good stretch, maybe I'm jinxing things but I don't feel like I have to worry about it getting awkward/weird again at the moment.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
At long last, a new chapter of Teasing Titan Takagi - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san/Vol-003-Ch-019--Question?id=269330

EDIT: Oh my god Nishikata, notice her already, notice her!

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 4, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Please Love Your Useless Update

!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 4, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shunin is a dick and none of this makes sense

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

I Want to Believe in Mogami-kun

... that said, I'm not sure how to explain the sudden eagerness

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
A keen understanding of misunderstandings running everything in a romance manga leads me to believe Mogami's reason will be the incredibly dumb "I was jealous of how much you let loose and confided in your old boss (since he knew about me and your trouble with your co-workers that I didn't hear from you first-hand) that I suspected you weren't serious about a relationship with me so I tried demonstrating how serious I was about you abruptly, suspecting you had bigger feelings for the guy."

Can somebody recommend a non-oneshot shoujo/josei whose plot can't be summarized as "someone misunderstands someone else and so bad things keep happening for no apparent reason until everyone's backstories are hastily explained?" I'm curious if the formulaic structure's never been strayed from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Bonnouji?