Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also the only place I think outside of nightmares where once the Bloodmoon rises you can't see it, which is cool and I like what that implies

old yarnham stays regular night time too. and the forbidden woods. somehow i doubt its just cos they forgot to change it as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Bad Seafood posted:

Hmm, alright. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I'm wondering how much my familiarity with other Souls games has been working against me. I'm too used to their slower, more deliberate pace.

I died so many times starting bb out because i was used to the slower recovery frames from dark souls, and i got over it by beating my head against gasgoine till i won.

he is such a good boss

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

old yarnham stays regular night time too. and the forbidden woods. somehow i doubt its just cos they forgot to change it as well

Can you actually see the moon in old yharnam and forbidden woods? I think in Cainhurst you can clearly see the moon but it's not bloody

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Can you actually see the moon in old yharnam and forbidden woods? I think in Cainhurst you can clearly see the moon but it's not bloody

yep. oh, and hemwick charnel lane has a normal moon too. actually, it believe its only yarnham and the cathedral ward that have the blood moon. even mensis has a regular moon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

and hemwick

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i can see that ive arrived goo late with this information.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zom Aur posted:

I don't think summons can hurt npcs

oh boy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Good morning In Training, would you like some help against Simon? I have an hour or two to kill this morning before I gotta do stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sure. I'll hop on now and ring with IMPZNE password

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All right, at the first lantern rite

edit: ringing

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 2, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yup, I'll be ringing in a sec

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've never fought him before so I hope this goes well :-]

I'm trying my blades of mercy char first cause they tend to stunlock enemy hunters to death like crazy but if i'm getting owne di'll bring down the +700 kirkhammer

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He's a ghost for me :( possibly cause he's already dead in my game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

turns out this is true, ah well

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

beep by grandpa posted:

Nah, i think that's just how it is. It's the same thing with the dude in the windmill that transforms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

ty for trying. ill probably just play regular through some more bosses and try him later.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

ty for trying. ill probably just play regular through some more bosses and try him later.

How much of his health were you taking off with a stamina bar's worth of r1 spam?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

How much of his health were you taking off with a stamina bar's worth of r1 spam?

like 60 lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

In Training you gave me the courage to go finally kill Orphan of Kos this playthrough. I wrecked his rear end on my second try after being scared of his power all this time......

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!
cursed chalices... oof, oh man, oh, oh man *shakes with rage*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bosses are a lot more interesting when they can 1-shot you

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation
not if I haven't beaten the bosses enough times to get good beforehand! plus even the lovely nothing zombies are killing me in one hit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

bosses are a lot more interesting when they can 1-shot you

It's true but Ludwig drove me insane when he could do this

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

not if I haven't beaten the bosses enough times to get good beforehand! plus even the lovely nothing zombies are killing me in one hit

get vit to 50

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation
b-but my log wheel will drain my health if I do that! :tears:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
logarius wheel and chikage both drain health percentages so its the same relative amount no matter how much health you have

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation
naw, dunno about chikage but log wheel drains 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4% health per 0.1 seconds, rounded down. This means if you have 970 health (26 vit) one power up drains nothing.

e: but if I have <2000 health I wonder if that wouldn't matter for cursed dungeons. unless it goes by max health. hmm

kalel fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 2, 2016

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

naw, dunno about chikage but log wheel drains 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4% health per 0.1 seconds, rounded down. This means if you have 970 health (26 vit) one power up drains nothing.

e: but if I have <2000 health I wonder if that wouldn't matter for cursed dungeons. unless it goes by max health. hmm

idk honestly. didnt know about that no health loss trick

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Im getting so close to beating defiled Amygdala. I upgraded my whip to +10 which is helping

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

It's true but Ludwig drove me insane when he could do this

he is currently driving me insane because of this. the jump attack destroys me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gajbZFiDaFQ

I did it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is very tense

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is very tense

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god having my Chikage transformed makes moon presence NOHKO into a one hit lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is very tense

I wish I was better at keeping him in a corner. The attempt before this I did 80% damage with the staggered R1 attacks because he has the exact same "take a hit -> backstep" response and if you space it right in a corner you can cheese him like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That fight wasn't nearly as bad as the black phantom Satsuki fight in Des. That guy had probably twice as much as health as Simon relative and any hit was a ohko. I wish I had the record function on that one because it took like 2 straight hours of attempts before I pulled off the flawless fight

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tumor looking batty posted:

Im getting so close to beating defiled Amygdala. I upgraded my whip to +10 which is helping

i loving did it baby./ YES

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

i loving did it baby./ YES

gently caress yeah. That's a drat hard boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got the replay on that bad boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog