Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So my buddy is fighting Muin Gafurov in onefc in a few weeks anyone want to watch some youtube fights and let me know what they think of his opponent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOcwzoAhf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgkaXcXXnhc

I see him as pretty rudimentary in his striking keeping his hands low and looking to land power shots on his way in for a takedown which he uses really well to smother and to damage in transitions. I think he's open for low kicks and I think a good jab and tidy footwork would help to neutralise his shot.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The baddest man on the planet might be going to the olympics
http://www.strikescoremma.com/blog/2016/3/29/joe-warren-enters-us-olympic-trial-last-chance-qualifier

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't know how many people listen to the Sean Wheelock and Big John podcast but they spend a while talking about UR Fight - John was offered a huge payout to do the MMA fight but he didn't want to be associated with it. Sean tries to put it over as best he can because he was one of the commentators and John's just laughing at him like "you're full of poo poo dude, that show was garbage and you know it!"

I thought it was a pretty good showcase show. All 4 advertised bouts delivered as expected. My only complaints were with Riff Raff's set. Dude shoulda been on a stage and not in the ring.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
wanderlei's partner for the absurd tag grappling thing is kiyoshi tamura, who is fresh off of a decision loss in moat fighting, to a krav maga guy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't know how many people listen to the Sean Wheelock and Big John podcast but they spend a while talking about UR Fight - John was offered a huge payout to do the MMA fight but he didn't want to be associated with it. Sean tries to put it over as best he can because he was one of the commentators and John's just laughing at him like "you're full of poo poo dude, that show was garbage and you know it!"

Whelock shouldn't sell a show that he was actively burying less than halfway through

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Andrea "KGB" Lee (the invicta blonde "marketable" flyweight kickboxer who lost to Roxy) tested positive for diuretics.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

CommonShore posted:

Andrea "KGB" Lee (the invicta blonde "marketable" flyweight kickboxer who lost to Roxy) tested positive for diuretics.

If it's not a false positive how dumb is that to do these days? Just come over in weight like everyone else. Hell Cyborg made a career out of it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Trast posted:

If it's not a false positive how dumb is that to do these days? Just come over in weight like everyone else. Hell Cyborg made a career out of it.

They also get used as masking agents. She's claiming innocence (of course) but admits to taking some kind of "fluid pill."

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

wanderlei's partner for the absurd tag grappling thing is kiyoshi tamura, who is fresh off of a decision loss in moat fighting, to a krav maga guy

I hope that Azerbaijani guy does a run-in and punts Tamura in the nuts

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Posting from WSOF 30! Prelims are good so far. The Ponce/Acquaviva RNC finish was worth the price of admission alone, and it's only the second match!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
seeing vinny magglehaha in person must be powerful

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Vinny is gassed drat

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Haha the end of that fight jesus christ

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Was good to see Jake Heun bringing it out at the end but I guess Vinny won it :shrug:

I wonder if everyone heard the boos clearly at the end of Azaitar/Davis Jr. Crowd was massively on Danny's side and EVERYONE was pissed that he lost.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Holy poo poo I didn't realize Fitch was that old. He's 4 years older than Shogun and only a year younger than the Nogueira's

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

origami posted:

Haha the end of that fight jesus christ

Vinny may have won, but his ribs sure as hell lost

Also nbcsn really loves to find camera angles that make it look like someone is tapping when they're really just hitting the other guys side

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 3, 2016

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Fitch turned Zeferino into his plaything in the 5th round. When he took a head kick and responded by falling straight into side control was so slick.

e: 50-45 all three cards! drat.

e2: tons of people are walking out on the main.

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 3, 2016

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnKIVShsLc

lol jake shields owns

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

He indeed does. He actually pulled off another slap during the match that landed completely flush and they had to pause it really quick. I've been looking for a .gif of that. It was a super dirty and hilarious match. Shields dominated him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
as boring as shields is in mma i root for him in grappling and i hope somebody sets him up with palhares

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Something about lame horses

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The Clip I saw of the match was just a bunch of times that dude eye gouged Jake

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Rena is fighting some girl from Chute Boxe who doesn't seem to have any MMA fights on the next Rizin card, and Rampage is fighting some Japanese guy in Bellator in June. He said he was "too embarrassed" to say who. Maybe Ken Hasegawa

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

bloodyelbow posted:

UFC 6 winner Oleg Taktarov to fight Jeff Monson on April 16 in Russia

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/2/11352292/ufc-6-winner-oleg-taktarov-to-fight-jeff-monson-on-april-16-in-russia]

NOW That's What I Call MMA

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

daaammmmnnn that's my poo poo

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
'The Grass Is Greener': UFC-to-Bellator Signees Speak Out | Bleacher Report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...?is_shared=true

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Leave it to Mitrione to be the voice of reason.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Am I reading it right that Bellator is using Mike Kogan as a consultant? Because if so, lol.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Rena is fighting some girl from Chute Boxe who doesn't seem to have any MMA fights on the next Rizin card, and Rampage is fighting some Japanese guy in Bellator in June. He said he was "too embarrassed" to say who. Maybe Ken Hasegawa

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/bellator-157-dynamite-2-heads-to-st-louis-in-june-with-rampage-vs-satoshi-ishii

So uh yeah, Rampage is fighting Ishii at the next Bellator Dynamite show. It's a 215lb catchweight, what a shocker

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Rampage is fighting some Japanese guy in Bellator in June. He said he was "too embarrassed" to say who. Maybe Ken Hasegawa

MysteryNad posted:

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/bellator-157-dynamite-2-heads-to-st-louis-in-june-with-rampage-vs-satoshi-ishii

So uh yeah, Rampage is fighting Ishii at the next Bellator Dynamite show. It's a 215lb catchweight, what a shocker

lmao

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I really want to watch that fight.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

MysteryNad posted:

lol can't wait to see what they do with the other titans of the sport like giblert's wife on the next "dynamite" card,

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/2/11352292/ufc-6-winner-oleg-taktarov-to-fight-jeff-monson-on-april-16-in-russia]

Why

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Putin's got $2 billion to blow.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Remember when Ishii was the Next Big Thing in JMMA and went on a globetrotting tour training at a bunch of different gyms, then lost decisively to a fat, 40-year-old Yoshida? That ruled

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
therealdada5000To All My fans, Supporters, Haters, And Critics Alike. I haven't been on Social media due to situations Beyond My Control. (Not because of the outcome of the fight) Tune in to ESPN Dan Lebatard Tv and Radio Show This Wednesday @12 Noon. In my up and coming interview as I will put an end to all Accusations, Opinions Speculations, and Assumptions about the Fight. A lot of folks celebrities alike have jump to conclusions without the facts. Yes I trained very hard for this fight and I was in Fighting Shape.. But those who knew me they knew that something wasn't right by the look in my Eyes when I stepped into that ring. But Stay tuned for the rest of that shocking story (Coming up) But tune in this Wednesday @ 12 noon on the ESPN the Dan Lebatard Tv and Radio Show! For the 1st of many interviews from DADA5OOO! Yes I did have kidney failure during the fight I also had 2 heart attacks which I did code aka Died during the Fight. Glory to the Most High which saw favor in me to bring me back. which put me in Memorial Herman Hospital in Houston Texas for more then 3 weeks after the fight. Just to come back to Miami and to continue treatment at South Miami Hospital. Thank you all for your Prayers And Support I will make a full recovery and will be back Bigger, Faster and stronger than ever before that much you can Count On!!!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Dada please don't fight again I don't want Bellator's pockets lined over the spectacle of you dying for real.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Dada, bigger is the last thing you need to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

therealdada5000To All My fans, Supporters, Haters, And Critics Alike. I haven't been on Social media due to situations Beyond My Control. (Not because of the outcome of the fight) Tune in to ESPN Dan Lebatard Tv and Radio Show This Wednesday @12 Noon. In my up and coming interview as I will put an end to all Accusations, Opinions Speculations, and Assumptions about the Fight. A lot of folks celebrities alike have jump to conclusions without the facts. Yes I trained very hard for this fight and I was in Fighting Shape.. But those who knew me they knew that something wasn't right by the look in my Eyes when I stepped into that ring. But Stay tuned for the rest of that shocking story (Coming up) But tune in this Wednesday @ 12 noon on the ESPN the Dan Lebatard Tv and Radio Show! For the 1st of many interviews from DADA5OOO! Yes I did have kidney failure during the fight I also had 2 heart attacks which I did code aka Died during the Fight. Glory to the Most High which saw favor in me to bring me back. which put me in Memorial Herman Hospital in Houston Texas for more then 3 weeks after the fight. Just to come back to Miami and to continue treatment at South Miami Hospital. Thank you all for your Prayers And Support I will make a full recovery and will be back Bigger, Faster and stronger than ever before that much you can Count On!!!

I think that guy should work on having less heart attacks in his future fights if he wants to stay competitive. he should aim for 1 heart attack for his next fight. im not a kidney expert so i wont comment on that