Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Any good Maces around level 35-40?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Elderbean posted:

Any good Maces around level 35-40?

15 then 40, those are the early level ranges for weapons. Its always good to get a new weapon in the new level bracket as quickly as possible.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i anvil'd a level 15 mace up to +7 and it's going to take a drat age and a half to get the money to anvil up a level 40 one. that poo poo gets expensive real fast

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
anyone got a good skill build for the archer c2, ranger c3, scout, musketeer path?

futile
May 18, 2009

Luceid posted:

i anvil'd a level 15 mace up to +7 and it's going to take a drat age and a half to get the money to anvil up a level 40 one. that poo poo gets expensive real fast
It's not even remotely worth anviling your gear while in the early levels

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
well when you start hitting like 70-80 zones

you can get quite a lot of silver if you're insane and farm to anvil up the gear

but its not worth it that point because of chain questing letting you level fairly quickly until 90+

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Around what base level do you get to tier 6

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Anyone know if this Archer build is worth following? Not finding a ton of resources and guides on archer. Anyone have any places to start?

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/lv258-scouts-hunting-video/160461

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Forgotton posted:

Anyone have any places to start?

I was looking at this one earlier. It's opinionated and incomplete, but he or she does go into some preliminary detail with the classes that they have.

Crystal Mines 2F and 3F collection boxes are God drat awful to complete. Drop rates and spawn rates on Shredders, Vubbe Fighters and Crystal Spiders are dog poo poo and there's not even enough chafe to keep you occupied with visceral explosions.

edit: You get better exp gain from killing the level 12 poo poo outside the mines than in 2F/3F as things actually spawn outside.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 3, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Game seems unplayable tonight. By the time I get both Sacrament and Blessing up, Sacrament is half gone. And god forbid Sacrament drop while I am doing something. I can't even pay my grinding game bills as a priest right now.

futile
May 18, 2009
Yeah the game is absurdly laggy tonight. As for Archer there are quite a few builds you can do but note that it's like the most boring, most agonizing level experience of all the classes judging by the input of all my friends who rolled it.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

futile posted:

Yeah the game is absurdly laggy tonight. As for Archer there are quite a few builds you can do but note that it's like the most boring, most agonizing level experience of all the classes judging by the input of all my friends who rolled it.

Really? My main right now is a Sword and I have dabbled with a wiz up to 40 ish. I just see archers run in to rooms and explode poo poo. Thought maybe there was something to them.

futile
May 18, 2009
Well from what they have told me they rely almost entirely on one skill for aoe for a very super long time which has gotten really problematic for them. One already quit and rerolled, one decided to change his build and go fletcher since he didn't want to wait another shitton of levels to finally get his good skills in Cannoneer or whatever.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Ah yes Barrage sickness. My heart goes out to your friends.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
I've been reading a lot of the scaling on Cleric skills, specifically priest. A lot of them seem to scale with Spirit additional to or even instead of int, like stone skin. Anyone have a feel for what I should be focusing my stats into if I'm doing a C1-P3 support build with the ultimate goal of messing around with Oracle?

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

I went archer 1 > Archer 2 but I think the build was supposed to have Archer 2 somewhere further in the chain?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Does this game have a ton of plotwalls or can I just gently caress off into the horizon and die to mobs 5 times my level like i did in RO

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Hivac posted:

Does this game have a ton of plotwalls or can I just gently caress off into the horizon and die to mobs 5 times my level like i did in RO
You can definitely explore as much as you like, I got killed in one hit a few times zoning into a map that was much higher level than me.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, I know there's some out of depth areas, but I was fumbling my way north to see how far I could get and I got blocked off pretty drat fast

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you were in the miners village the blocked off area just leads to a dungeon, the next zone in the world map is off to the east a bit but yeah I think there'll be a couple times where you'll get blocked off from something from a story quest

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Naw, I started in the other place. This was the zone right after the jungle monastery with the wiggle trees

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

What class uses crossbow/pistol?

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

ah gently caress i hosed up and went Archer 2 too early poo poo!! :<

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Are there any summoner-type builds that are fun and good?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Don't forget to redeem the EXP tomes from the compensation.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

Game seems unplayable tonight. By the time I get both Sacrament and Blessing up, Sacrament is half gone. And god forbid Sacrament drop while I am doing something. I can't even pay my grinding game bills as a priest right now.

For some reason priests buff are just worse on being recognized by the server than other classes. It seems like I never have time popping a gungho, blessings though can take like a minute to come off and be completely off from you by the time sacrament comes out

e-Going through the first dungeon is making me reconsider my chaplain/druid combo. Now the party maker might have dumped an undersize party with us, just 4 us total. But with two Cleric/Priests an archer and a pelt/barbarian the damage coming in was too much and the damage coming out was too little. Maybe with an extra dps things would have been much easier, but it felt like a slog with the barb dying quite a few times.

Maybe I'll go the full support variant, take another circle in cleric and last circle in plague doctor.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 3, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

space marine todd posted:

Are there any summoner-type builds that are fun and good?

there's two classes in the wiz line: sorcerer and necromancer. there's also bokor in the cleric line. the two wizards use cards you get from bosses. sorcs summon the bosses, can issue commands and ride them at c2 :3: while necro summons skeletons and an abomination based on the stats of boss cards. bokor summons zombies and casts offensive magic. special mention to cataphract in the swords line and falconer in archer line, as well though they arent really summoners

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I am considering paying 10 dollars to play this game early like a sucker. Is Schwarzer Reiter any good? Dual wielding a pistol and a crossbow is too hilarious to pass up.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok so ran through the instance again with a more balanced party and it makes a world of difference. Things died really quick and each member felt like they were adding something important to the fights, not just dps. Healing is actually really interesting in this game, each person is responsible for their own lives, but ultimately you are still the one laying healing blocks on the floor that people need to run to.

Maybe a group with two support/dps priest builds is enough to clear content easily instead of being railroaded into a single full support cleric per group. A class with more CC could lock down mobs so people dont get hurt as much, making a hybrid support more appealing in a party.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I got to around level 240 zones before I couldn't stop getting oneshotted by wizard ambushes with unavoidable homing attacks

Just, buried in wizards

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
finally got to r3 on my swordsman last night and it only made me dread trying to get there on a cleric. maybe i'll wait on that until the guild gets started and i can find leveling buddies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

finally got to r3 on my swordsman last night and it only made me dread trying to get there on a cleric. maybe i'll wait on that until the guild gets started and i can find leveling buddies.

Wait you went Swrd3? Why would you want to do something that horrible?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
no i went swordsman>highlander>hoplite. just meant i got my third class.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

RO had this problem where people would make builds specifically for the terrible pvp and be extremely vague that it was for pvp in the first place

SC3 apparently has some pvp applications in whatever mockery of pvp this game has so i wouldn't be surprised if some people accidentally build a pve character for pvp due to lack of info

Edit: or I'm an idiot, never mind

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, auto attacking builds are horrible unless you are priest and you can bless, sacrament and use cafri + arde dagger which then it becomes awesome.

And if you want to be a swrd pvper going circle 2 is enough, swrd 3 is an exercise in complete futility.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What should I be doing with all these monster materials?

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Kylra posted:

What should I be doing with all these monster materials?

Using them to fill collections. Otherwise using them to upgrade gems unless they are semi-rare materials used in recipes.
Usually if you have 20+ of something you can pretty safely burn it on a gem.

Inflammatory posted:

I don't think we are going to have a guild for several months if ever tbh. Hop in Discord and find people to level with there.
Fair warning though, the game is hosed right now. Chat is on/off again broken, dungeons are broken, some buffs lag, npc's lag, channels are crashing.....

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 3, 2016

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, auto attacking builds are horrible

Wait, so is Fencer a phys caster like a lot of the other swords classes or am I just hosed

I know nobody knows because of how far in it is but still

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hivac posted:

Wait, so is Fencer a phys caster like a lot of the other swords classes or am I just hosed

I know nobody knows because of how far in it is but still

Fencer doesn't really auto attack that much unless you goal is to conserve SP. They have 0sec cooldown attacks that hit way harder than a standard auto attack. They are a physical caster class, thats why 99% of their builds use barbarians as a base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Can you use your own alchemist stuff with a different character?

My priest is currently locked up due to a zone failure or something and was considering starting one up.

• Locked thread