Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

You cant blame people who were alive around ww2 for being racist. Theyd have been getting propoganda their whole life so they grow up to support the regime.

actually you can blame them, and should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
tsm fans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2h0bVSV3w0

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Bard is... good

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Luna Was Here posted:

Beebz is my friend please do not be mean to him

off with his head, I say

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Bard is... good

*Brad

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
Guys... I love sassy dragon and I'm sad that he's getting nerfed

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Radiantweasel posted:

Guys... I love sassy dragon and I'm sad that he's getting nerfed

Why how is he getting nerfed!!!!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I love him too!! He's my favorite ap champ I mean he's literally the only ap champ who isn't a tank that I like!!! Next you're going to tell me they're nerfing Jin too!!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I just learned how 2 like the space kramer and now he's toast :(

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I have yet to see any spacedragon player worth their bandwidth. Don't even know why the champion is getting nerfed; Aurelion Sol seems really, really awful.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Play Kassadin or Veigar into Aurelion Sol and chortle at their inability to do anything

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Well, when a new champion has an okay to decent winrate the week of their release that lets me know that they may be a little good, yeah

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Silver support here main here, I need some tips from the community. How can I carry goon5's as Thresh, my favorite champion, when everyone else is all plats?? Instead I always feel like I single-handedly throw every game and tilt the team..... Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback on my latest, a heartbreaker.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 3, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

slydingdoor posted:

Silver support here main here, I need some tips from the community. How can I carry goon5's as Thresh, my favorite champion, when everyone else is all plats?? Instead I always feel like I single-handedly throw every game and tilt the team..... Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback on my latest, a heartbreaker.

nice castlevania music

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

slydingdoor posted:

Post a full game using op.gg or replay.gg and not just the highlights

Basically first building a thornmail on a support isn't a good idea since you don't have the HP to back it up

Also it's mainly your Vel'Koz's fault for not getting a Zhonyas versus a (virtually) full AD comp and a Zed with Duskblade and for dying 15 times

If you really wanna improve, post a game where you do absolutely horribly and it's solo queue and I can review it

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Happy Draven day everyone. Is there an OCE goon club yet?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Okay here's a replay of a really bad Sona game. I should have gone Mikhael's against a team with so much hard CC, I know.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I love how I can build Bard with so many different items and be great.

I just won a game with him using Banner/Zz'Rots; items I'd normal only get on like a Naut or Taric tank.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The new mini-patch that just came out for April Fools Day has once again broken the Mac client and causing random unplayable lag about once a minute. So good job Riot, your dumb loving Draven joke broke all 8 Mac users' games.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Why how is he getting nerfed!!!!

Starsurge (Q) Stun duration lowered to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2

Voice of Light (R):
Slow lowered to 40/50/60% from 60/70/80%
Slow duration changed to [2 seconds] rather than [decaying over 4 seconds]

On the PBE right now.

From what I've found down in Bronze/silver no one can deal with him once team fight time starts, he's super easy to farm with and once he gets RoA + Rylai's he's hard to burst out.

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/radaintweasel#2145963629 our Cait left for 10 minutes to deal with her baby crying and we still won, though her husband did farm for her a little while he was dead on Rammus.

Radiantweasel fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 3, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If you have a shred of map awareness of junglers, Malzahar is freelo right now

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Sardine Wit posted:

Happy Draven day everyone. Is there an OCE goon club yet?

No but the few active OCE goons are in silversquid chat room.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

AHH FUGH posted:

Post a full game using op.gg or replay.gg and not just the highlights

Basically first building a thornmail on a support isn't a good idea since you don't have the HP to back it up

Also it's mainly your Vel'Koz's fault for not getting a Zhonyas versus a (virtually) full AD comp and a Zed with Duskblade and for dying 15 times

If you really wanna improve, post a game where you do absolutely horribly and it's solo queue and I can review it
Realtalk though I'll defend the thornmail because I actually put thought into it. When I bought it I had 1950 gold with face, sightstone, swifties, and 2 cloth. I wanted 2 pinks for shrooms, so I could either buy some combination of FH, ruby sightstone, or randuins components or just finish a thornmail.

I hit tab and saw the enemy team had % health damage from bork, liandries, and duskblade, so I thought building health would be less good against them, and our Gragas already had glacial shroud, so he'd finish his FH before me anyway (it ended up being ibg, whoops). I figured I had 500 bonus hp (plus 45 from masteries but whatever) and two shields, so the thornmail was the most EHP against AD I could buy at that moment for sure. The armor would help me tank towers or objectives too, in case our tanks were down and we needed to take them.

When at the end of the game I had 50 gold and full slots, two pinks and an elixirI figured I'd spent it as efficiently as possible. The one I guess regret I have is I didn't take into account that the face shield is based off bonus health. Maybe it could have made the difference trying to save people.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I have legitimately never seen anyone type anything in oces silversquid except me

theres 3 (inc me) afk in it rn

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Thornmail is just a bad buy on Thresh compared to FH. It's not stat-efficient without the damage passive, and surviving more is way better than dealing a bit of damage; you'll win fights for your team by having CDR instead, because more hooks = more CC = your opponents output less damage. Also, CDR is super fun on Thresh!

As a support, you want to spend as much money as possible on:
  • auras and team-helping things that "someone should" have
  • cdr
  • tank stats (but only after those two)
...and Thornmail only has tank stats, not CDR or a useful aura. This is also why Sunfire is a terrible support purchase.

edit: think about it this way, why is it important for you to live longer in fights? You're not outputting damage with auto attacks. It's to get more skills off. Therefore, buy items that let you cast more skills.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 3, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I have legitimately never seen anyone type anything in oces silversquid except me

theres 3 (inc me) afk in it rn

I'm in it every time I log in. I just never talk to anyone.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

I'm in it every time I log in. I just never talk to anyone.

Well does someone wanna start one up? I wanna be in a club already

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

slydingdoor posted:

Realtalk though I'll defend the thornmail

kingcobweb posted:

edit: think about it this way, why is it important for you to live longer in fights? You're not outputting damage with auto attacks. It's to get more skills off. Therefore, buy items that let you cast more skills.

this is the salient point, please read and internalize this

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

slydingdoor posted:

Okay here's a replay of a really bad Sona game. I should have gone Mikhael's against a team with so much hard CC, I know.

That's a 33 second clip of you dying

I mean an ENTIRE game

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
I would maybe join an OCE goon club but I'm bad so.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
you say that as if (joke)

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
Okay, I have to ask. I'm usually a support main but more and more I've been learning ADC while my friend duos with me but I still save a slot in my inventory for a pink ward. If I don't have a pink ward in my inventory I immediately buy one. I've looked at my match history and I've noticed I frequently outstrip all the other players in terms of pink ward purchasage.

Is it a bad habit to keep up? I always super love pink wards just for the amount information they can provide but I don't know if I'm kneecapping myself as an ADC buying pink wards so much either (my high in the last several games I played as ADC was 8).

VVV: Nah, I wouldn't let it interrupt something like that. Looking back I always buy them along with big-ticket items.

victorisham fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 3, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
If you let a pink ward interrupt a big power spike more than once before 20 min that's probably excessive

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

victorisham posted:

Okay, I have to ask. I'm usually a support main but more and more I've been learning ADC while my friend duos with me but I still save a slot in my inventory for a pink ward. If I don't have a pink ward in my inventory I immediately buy one. I've looked at my match history and I've noticed I frequently outstrip all the other players in terms of pink ward purchasage.

Is it a bad habit to keep up? I always super love pink wards just for the amount information they can provide but I don't know if I'm kneecapping myself as an ADC buying pink wards so much either (my high in the last several games I played as ADC was 8).

VVV: Nah, I wouldn't let it interrupt something like that. Looking back I always buy them along with big-ticket items.

Then it's probably good, depends on how you play/if they're worth it as you're going and attempting to counter the enemy vision.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
Makes sense! I imagine it's a hard thing to measure since you have to take into account how much a ward got "done".

Also enjoy one of my SICK SILVER JHIN outplays including me flashing into melee range for a kill on a support. Goddamn does he play fun and smooth once you get the hang of him though

victorisham fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 3, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

victorisham posted:

I do the exact same thing. I have as of yet had an ADC game where I don't outward my support (and usually the enemy support). Like NTT said, it's not a bad habit (in my trash-elo opinion, anyway). I personally like it because if you're bronze/silver, your support may not even buy a sight stone, know what a sight stone is, or know what a ward is. Someone's gotta provide vision, or the team's gonna lose. Warding is something you have to get used to anyway, might as well start now. That's what I'm doing, despite being wood 5.

Of course, this means that, largely, my problem seems to be map awareness...ie doing anything with the goddamn wards I just spent all that hard-earned gold on. I'm working on it, and starting to get better, albeit slowly.

Had a great game last night with Jinx because I was much more aware of what was going on around the map, when it was time to make plays, and where I should be to make #BIGPLAYS. Would have got my first penta, had the foul coward Lucian not hidden from me while his teammates valiantly died under my bladerockets in honorable combat.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 3, 2016

linall
Feb 1, 2007

victorisham posted:

I do the same as ADC. Not sure if it's a "waste" of money, but no one in Silver buys enough pinks, so I figure it's worth the expense. If the only pink wards on the map are yours and the support's I figure it's a bad idea to stop buying them.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

AHH FUGH posted:

Just post a video or replay and I'll review it tomorrow dude, I'd honestly like to try it out yelling at people about League of Legends

http://www.replay.gg/ or twitch or something

http://www.replay.gg/search/euw/darkoff#2596482943
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2596482943/1?tab=overview
S ranking nasus in style :smug:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

As an OCE support noob who has yet to hit level 6, here is my dumb question: where should I be placing wards first?

The outside corner of bot lane, in the bushes leading towards mid, ...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Cheap Trick posted:

As an OCE support noob who has yet to hit level 6, here is my dumb question: where should I be placing wards first?

The outside corner of bot lane, in the bushes leading towards mid, ...?

It really depends who the jungle is and who the enemy support is. If the enemy support has a grab I'd probably ward the outer lane bushes but if they have a really aggressive level 2 gank jungler you might want to prioritise the river bush.

Also depends on how the lane is pushing: you shouldn't need to ward the river bush in early game unless your lane has pushed out anyway.

• Locked thread