Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

Neither of your points are incompatible with the other, so yeah?

my 2 points are your brain is broken and vee does not do the dumb thing you say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

paint dry posted:

I'm an old-rear end goon who hasn't been in the corp since uh, 2006 or something, and I don't have an account on goonfleet.com because I guess it wasn't around then. How do I rejoin? Should I just go through the newbie process?

If you are absolutely 100% certain you do not have a goonfleet.com account because you literally pre-date that, then yes, apply as a new applicant.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he doesn't predate goonfleet dot com but old accounts used to be deleted

so yes make an account and do that

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Great, thanks guys.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I never got to be in fleets with this guy named Vee, but I was with suas and boat a lot. And Sesfan. For me Eve really died when Sesfan left.

Also Hi deadtear

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

LegoMan posted:

I never got to be in fleets with this guy named Vee, but I was with suas and boat a lot. And Sesfan. For me Eve really died when Sesfan left.

Also Hi deadtear

I am eternal(ly bad)

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Zephyrine posted:

To say that suas was kicked is a bit of a misnomer. BOS fell into decline because suas (the main driving force) went inactive. BOS was then kicked for low participation. After which suas came back to call foul. With him back the activity in BOS went up and now they are used as an example of an active corp that was kicked unfairly from GSF.

Did I miss anything?

While their participation wasn't great I was under the impression they were kicked because lakz leaked illum, but yeah, suas wasn't active at the time. I wasn't in bos at the time, I came back to waffe after I failed to convince suas & fellow bos directors that the sv dream was better lived outside the cfc, and I decided that if they were staying in gsf I wanted to hang with them, but not as a bos line member. At the time the only real difference between being waffe in sv and being in bos was being told to go on strat ops. Their activity definitely picked up after they left GSF but SUAS didn't come back until 4-5 months later, at which point it picked up even more.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

it was me austin, i was the one ddosing your servers all along

When wrestling was good...

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

So if there's one boat to get in on the action soon, what would it be? I keep seeing pings for swords and bombers but the only thing I was able to get into was a cormorant fleet that I guess I skilled my character to do 4 years ago when I played last. And that ended prematurely when the servers went down :v:.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So if I understand what's going on correctly with caps, we'll now have battlecarriers basically? gently caress, makes me wish I had stayed in and trained caps now, that sounds insanely fun.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

So if there's one boat to get in on the action soon, what would it be? I keep seeing pings for swords and bombers but the only thing I was able to get into was a cormorant fleet that I guess I skilled my character to do 4 years ago when I played last. And that ended prematurely when the servers went down :v:.

Caracal fleets are used reasonably often if you can fly them and have missiles trained.

Start training towards interceptors if you've just come back to the game, irrespective of sword fleet. Interceptors are broken thanks to bubble immunity. CCP ignored it while they were used as uncatchable taxis, but may well intervene now that we're using them as a primary combat doctrine. Get in on it before it's gone.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

How the hell can someone even claim "They are DDOSing are servers! :bahgawd:" ? Like, unless any of the guys on reddit are on CCP's NOC team, there's no way to know.

It's unsubstantiated hurf from square one, and too many people are upvoting that schlock story.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Potato Salad posted:

How the hell can someone even claim "They are DDOSing are servers! :bahgawd:" ? Like, unless any of the guys on reddit are on CCP's NOC team, there's no way to know.

It's unsubstantiated hurf from square one, and too many people are upvoting that schlock story.

https://twitter.com/EVE_status/status/716429472472367105

:allears:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There is no way to know who did it. The point is that fingerpointing is baseless.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Potato Salad posted:

There is no way to know who did it. The point is that fingerpointing is baseless.

you probably shouldn't take every shitpost on reddit seriously

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Apparently, calling something baseless is taking it seriously.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
So are goons still friendly to incoming idiots who tried this game once or twice and didn't know what the gently caress was happening? Or not much new blood these days?

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Potato Salad posted:

Apparently, calling something baseless is taking it seriously.

well yeah, if you took it less seriously you wouldn't even bother calling it baseless here because it's not worth it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just wanted to thank you guys for self moderating earlier. I saw a report about the whole BFM thing and you already sorted it out.

I really appreciate that and it makes me glad. I always knew my faith in that the thread could be good would be shown.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Do people still buy supercap pilots or has character trading become obsolete with skill injectors? Assuming they do buy them, has it made their price go up or down?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
are we actually using megas against proteii because if so: lol

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

User0015 posted:

So are goons still friendly to incoming idiots who tried this game once or twice and didn't know what the gently caress was happening? Or not much new blood these days?

There is a huge corporation in GSF nowadays which is focused mainly on newbies. There are like 3 thousand pilots in it.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

User0015 posted:

cute newbies will always be welcome

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Do people still buy supercap pilots or has character trading become obsolete with skill injectors? Assuming they do buy them, has it made their price go up or down?

Pretty much everything sells for extracted sp prices now since there's no reason to sell for less. Super pilots have probably gone down because there's no reason to pay a premium on focused characters now that you can just inject and make your own. Extractor prices are 800 isk/sp but you can't extract the last 5 mil sp on the character (but that's just about enough for cyno5 bomber + travel inty)

objectively bad fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 3, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

objectively bad posted:

Pretty much everything sells for extracted sp prices now since there's no reason to sell for less. Super pilots have probably gone down because there's no reason to pay a premium on focused characters now that you can just inject and make your own. Extractor prices are 800 isk/sp but you can't extract the last 5 mil sp on the character (but that's just about enough for cyno5 bomber + travel inty)

So I should just suck my alt's brains out and sell them on the market, then?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

or lets just admit that times changed and the direKKKtorate decided it was better to be ~space important~ than maintain a home for goons

I was there, Ordo. I was there 3000 days ago. When Sesfan took JV1V. I was there when the strength of goons failed.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

So I should just suck my alt's brains out and sell them on the market, then?

Probably yeah. Unless it has standings, then I might buy it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

bonewitch posted:

are we actually using megas against proteii because if so: lol

no that is why the other half of the fleet is in apocs

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Imma fly an Abaddon because I actually want to cause damage. For the 5 minutes my cap lasts.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Glory of Arioch posted:

no that is why the other half of the fleet is in apocs

if half the fleet is going to do functionally zero damage to the primary doctrine our enemies are using maybe thats a bad idea

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What is the current price for skill points atm including injectors?

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is the current price for skill points atm including injectors?

800 isk/sp if you're extracting, extractors are 240 mil. If you're injecting it depends on how much sp the character you're putting them into has, but injectors are currently 640 mil.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vee, a guy i've personally seen innumerable times limit his fleets so he can even get a fight at all, only fights if its a guaranteed win lmbo your brain is so messed up and wrong

This is thing for most competent FCs because EVE is full of spineless cowards who STILL give a poo poo about losing ships because of pointless stats on a killboard.

not if vee is back :getin:

Vee owns, he and Elise are probably the best FCs I've ever flown with.

Not sure he can singlehandedly reverse the tide though, unless of course there's a Cruor invovled.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 3, 2016

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Xolve posted:

This is thing for most competent FCs because EVE is full of spineless cowards who STILL give a poo poo about losing ships because of pointless stats on a killboard.

What else is there to give a poo poo about?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

objectively bad posted:

800 isk/sp if you're extracting, extractors are 240 mil. If you're injecting it depends on how much sp the character you're putting them into has, but injectors are currently 640 mil.

I would be looking to inject more sp into my character if I decide to resub. I think I'm at 25mil skill points. Do injectors have a cap in how much sp they can hold? I'm trying to figure out how much sp a Plex would get me.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I would be looking to inject more sp into my character if I decide to resub. I think I'm at 25mil skill points. Do injectors have a cap in how much sp they can hold? I'm trying to figure out how much sp a Plex would get me.

injectors hold 500k, but there's diminishing returns based on how much sp the character you're injecting has:

< 5 million total skillpoints = 500,000 skillpoints per injector
5 million – 50 million total skillpoints = 400,000 skillpoints per injector
50 million – 80 million total skillpoints = 300,000 skillpoints per injector
> 80 million skillpoints = 150k skillpoints per injector

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

objectively bad posted:

Probably yeah. Unless it has standings, then I might buy it.

This character doesn't have standings, but I might still have a few Gallente standings alts from my level 5 days. Do you own the 'Pointy' Loyale twins? I can't imagine anyone else would have bought them.

e: Looks like they're still on my inactive third account. Want to buy some standings characters? Are you even still doing Gallente missions or did you switch to something else?

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 3, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

objectively bad posted:

injectors hold 500k, but there's diminishing returns based on how much sp the character you're injecting has:

< 5 million total skillpoints = 500,000 skillpoints per injector
5 million – 50 million total skillpoints = 400,000 skillpoints per injector
50 million – 80 million total skillpoints = 300,000 skillpoints per injector
> 80 million skillpoints = 150k skillpoints per injector

So if Plex is worth 1bil isk you get 425k sp from one if the character is under 5 mil sp? Is that correct?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I convinced Suas to name our new capitol system SCHADENFREUD APPRECIATION STATION :v:

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Xolve posted:

Not sure he can singlehandedly reverse the tide though, unless of course there's a Cruor invovled.

His Cruor is in VFK. Not contesting that station was the winning move of the war. Well played, MBC, well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

bonewitch posted:

if half the fleet is going to do functionally zero damage to the primary doctrine our enemies are using maybe thats a bad idea

The point of grindr's is we need numbers and everyone can fly a mega or apoc these days.

• Locked thread