Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Someone called the cops on AI's resident methhead/Hunter S. Thompson conduit. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Arrath posted:

Someone called the cops on AI's resident methhead/Hunter S. Thompson conduit. :(
Good. He needs professional help.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who's that?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

lol it was the dude who was so tweaked out he was saving his scabs and poo poo to present to emergency room doctors. He was genuinely hosed up beyond comprehension and hopefully will get some help

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Jesus Christ. He seems so normal, then skip to page 30 or so and he's insisting his blood has tentacles.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575865&userid=102069&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
That was a good thread, and it's a drat shame 14 Inch's insanity turned out to be real rather than an elaborate gimmick persona.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
methsanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_NvcxNuZoU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Busket Posket posted:

Jesus Christ. He seems so normal, then skip to page 30 or so and he's insisting his blood has tentacles.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575865&userid=102069&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Things get gross on 34, then :stare: on 35. I had no idea 14 Inch sunk into whatever the gently caress that is. I've seen that thread up for a long time but never bothered clicking because I don't give a gently caress about Civics.

Edit: Woah I didn't realize everything exploded over the past two days.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 3, 2016

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

drat that sucks. Didn't know he was for real crazy or whatever is going on there.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dude would go on weird rants that seemed like they were just for entertainment value, then before he gets 5150d he's all "yeah I've been self-medicating with meth for two years because adderall doesn't work as well anymore." He refused to consider that maybe, just maybe his lovely street drug addiction was causing him to grow fungus in his nose and all his other health problems.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, I feel kinda lovely now. I thought the whole thing was an exaggerated put-on. I wouldn't have been chuckling if I knew he was serious about how bad he felt.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hope the guy gets the help he needs, as unlikely as that is from a 5150.

And that someone feeds his cat. :ohdear:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
you can rest easy malingo, the future is now!

https://i.imgur.com/LyJZMZw.gif :nws:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

...like a bag of sand when you're touching it...

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Finally some interest in my old corvette and it turns out the guy is a veteran :kiddo:

He hasn't responded yet but I'm excited to make this sale.

beanieson fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 3, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
VET

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Finally some interest in my old corvette and it turns out the guy is a veteran :kiddo:

He hasn't responded yet but I'm exciting to make this sale.
Have him gift the money to you. Keep the car and the money, and there's nothing paypal can do about it.

don't do this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
just in case anyone doesn't know that's obviously a scam.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mr. Nice! posted:

:( So Jim isnt going to buy my car????

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
so don't send dick pics to that number?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rad Lieutenant posted:

:( So Jim isnt going to buy my car????

Nope, paypal sides with the buyer in a dispute, so you could wind up getting hosed if brochacho disputes a charge.

Also, Paypal LOVES to freeze accounts where you move a poo poo ton of cash, Mr. Nice can attest to that, and they don't have to unfreeze it for a lengthy period of time.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 3, 2016

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:thejoke: I know dude

The typical scam here is actually phishing for my account info. If I gave him an email address I'd get a link from "paypal" asking me to log into my account and then Jimmy would get my acct info.

I just love the idea that this Nigerian is frantically trying to translate my texts and come up with a response

beanieson fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 3, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
speaking of craigslist scammers, they're creative on the rental market. Friend of mine was looking for a house to rent and there was two listings for the same address. One of them was a property rental agency asking for 1100. Another purported to be the owner and was asking only $700. When you email the "owner" they send back application forms and some story about how they're firing the rental agent so just ignore the signs in the yard. They're out of town and hurt/hospitalized so won't be home for a couple of weeks so they can't let you in, but give you permission to look through the windows.

I stopped my friend before she sent back any rental forms and read through the emails and I've dealt with enough of these that it was obvious to me what was going on. For confirmation I looked up the owner of the property. The owner was the rental agency that had the ad listed for 1100. I talked to them and they said it's been a pain in the rear end trying to get these types of scammers to quit snagging their listings for that bullshit. I can imagine they've had issues with people trespassing that had the "owner's" permission.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress do have against vets rear end in a top hat do you hate America or something just give him the car gently caress you know he's good for it he SAVED AMERICA.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Ugh. My dad was selling his Camaro and ran into that scam. I'm glad he mentioned it to me because he almost fell for it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

did anyone ever find beanieson's body? or is he gone like Jimmy Hoffa

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Whatever, he's a vet. You can trust him.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Godholio posted:

Whatever, he's a vet. You can trust him.

I hope you're right :ohdear:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Immediately text back with "0 is the wrong answer, Jim"

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
My mom and aunt have fallen for way too many scams even after I told them what to look out for. Aunt fell for the "this is Microsoft give us Remote Desktop access to fix your computer" thing twice, mom fell for some "charity" and lost $100.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I had a friend send a couple thousand dollars to a "girl" so she could afford to come visit him. :(

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

This is almost too good to be true! Drinks are on me guys :)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
At Petsmart buying a cat tree for the gf's cat thats recently been trying to claw my couch and I end up behind the single biggest "That_Fuckin_Guy(Vet).jpg" possible. Fat guy, arms covered in the Army's seal, intel battalion logos, prayers in lovely cursive, cargo shorts with a lovely glock with earth tone handles in an ill-fitting outside belt holster on his back hip (facing the wrong way, burying the barrel, another, smaller gun (looked like a PX4) strapped to his white socks in generic no slip black shoes, wearing a 7.62 shirt and a camo hat with a velcro subdued American flag patch in the front. He and his wife took 15 minutes at the register argueing with the guy about a coupon for bulk sized dog food. As we took our cart to the GF's 500L, we saw them getting in to a lifted Nissan Titan with a giant Punisher skull colored like the American flag and a "PROUD TO HAVE SERVED" sticker in the back window.

Only thing he was missing was the over sized knife

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's like in nature where poisonous things are brightly colored, he's signaling "I'm a massive human being".

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ask him if hes heard of bitcoin

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Booblord Zagats posted:

At Petsmart buying a cat tree for the gf's cat thats recently been trying to claw my couch and I end up behind the single biggest "That_Fuckin_Guy(Vet).jpg" possible. Fat guy, arms covered in the Army's seal, intel battalion logos, prayers in lovely cursive, cargo shorts with a lovely glock with earth tone handles in an ill-fitting outside belt holster on his back hip (facing the wrong way, burying the barrel, another, smaller gun (looked like a PX4) strapped to his white socks in generic no slip black shoes, wearing a 7.62 shirt and a camo hat with a velcro subdued American flag patch in the front. He and his wife took 15 minutes at the register argueing with the guy about a coupon for bulk sized dog food. As we took our cart to the GF's 500L, we saw them getting in to a lifted Nissan Titan with a giant Punisher skull colored like the American flag and a "PROUD TO HAVE SERVED" sticker in the back window.

Only thing he was missing was the over sized knife

:wtc:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ask him if hes heard of bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room