Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

muscles like this? posted:

That opening effect was so bad.

What I do like is how after spending all that time in other dimension her hair has stopped being straight.

Her hair was straightened with styling tools when she went in. That wears off kinda, and her natural hair would be curly/textured. It would have been stranger if her hair magically grew out straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Franklinstein hate rapists. Also witnesses, apparently.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just me or did they all of a sudden cheap out on Pandora's wig?

Edit: We cannot afford to hire Timothy Busfield again so Franklin will not be appearing in this episode.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
LMAO Crane's so amazed he can have cacti in New York.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They keep saying Harmonica but it's supposed to be Armonica.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
Bride of Franklinstein?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
D'aaawww the zombies are in love!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What an incredibly lovely way to end that!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What an incredibly lovely way to end that!

An unfortunately accurate way to describe this back half of the season so far.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

"Let's make another Kindred!"

I so badly wanted that not to work, until there are just a dozen kindreds out there. Like Charlie from Always Sunny throwing cats in the wall. "I swear it, leftenant, the twenty-fourth Kindred shall prevail!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In the end, Kindred chose love over career. That's sweet.

Pretty cute how he gets all self conscious about his skull face when his girlfriend is a made out of jerky.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe shoot the guy before the monster gets there?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I wasn't expecting an Atticus Nevins episode. Kind of glad to see someone else get a flashback for a change. Someone without a Betsy Ross in their past.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure why they're calling it the Jersey Devil when it's obviously a manticore.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That weirdo didn't answer the question.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That god of light was real stupid looking.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Soooooo is no one gonna point out that Crane's quickest path to citizenship is marrying Abbie, or.....?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While anti-climactic it was pretty funny when the bad guy exploded like a blood balloon.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

EricFate posted:

I wasn't expecting an Atticus Nevins episode. Kind of glad to see someone else get a flashback for a change. Someone without a Betsy Ross in their past.

It would be nice to get more Ben Franklin.

Questions for clarification: Did the Hidden One create the symbol Abbie is obsessed with / addicted to?

I don't mind at all that the writers are incorporating a sort of Babylonian mythos but what is up with Pandora handing a flower to the evil god who wants to destroy the world?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Binary Logic posted:

I don't mind at all that the writers are incorporating a sort of Babylonian mythos but what is up with Pandora handing a flower to the evil god who wants to destroy the world?

She likes a bad boy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lady just needs her box fixed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They just need to set worm guy on fire. I mean seriously, fire.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This show has definitely reached the point where you have to wonder how exactly it is that magic isn't common knowledge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure how we're supposed to reconcile these weird gods with the biblical stuff from the first two seasons.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

I'm not sure how we're supposed to reconcile these weird gods with the biblical stuff from the first two seasons.

Each civilization has its own description and interpretation of the angels and demons which visited them in the past.

Or if you don't accept that how about : it's 2016, the era of the mashup.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

I feel like the whole hell thing is a massive loose end. What actually was Moloch? What was his relation to this Hidden One? Was there any even?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Wait, so the Mills sisters' father is basically John Winchester?

So does this make them chick Sam and Dean? :haw:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Astroman posted:

Wait, so the Mills sisters' father is basically John Winchester?

So does this make them chick Sam and Dean? :haw:

Samantha and Deanna. Also this crossover should have happened instead of Bones.

ALSO LOOKS LIKE HEADLESS IS BACK NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Astrofig posted:

ALSO LOOKS LIKE HEADLESS IS BACK NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

If anyone is capable of finishing off the old God, I had hoped it'd be him.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Binary Logic posted:

It would be nice to get more Ben Franklin.

From what I hear, they didn't have the budget to hire Timothy Busfield again, which is why Crane merely grouses about him instead of flash backing, they have Betsy Ross to flashback to now.

quote:

Questions for clarification: Did the Hidden One create the symbol Abbie is obsessed with / addicted to?

My understanding is that it is either a symbol of one of the deities that helped imprison him or a symbol created by the other deities to help ensnare him. Also, if he created it, why does it literally fly out of Crane's pocket and imprison him?

quote:

She was his old girlfriend from ages ago; she spent most of this season bringing him back from the catacombs, building up his power, but she didn't predict that he now wants to destroy humanity instead of just ruling over it.

BTW, looks like Corbin's son really buys the farm, Zach Appleman verified on Twitter that he's off the show as of the end of this season; some articles indicate he'll appear in the finale though.

Also, since Fox hasn't renewed the show yet, the finale will be somewhat final but leave room for a possible season 4, according to an interview at Wondercon with one of the producers.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 3, 2016

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Guess the Ford money wasn't good enough to keep them going.

"That's a really useful feature!"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about it maybe not getting renewed. The first season was fantastic, but they really seem to have lost their way, bringing in more and more supernatural elements--it really does remind me way too much of Supernatural, in that there seems to be a whole Lore, and a vast array of diverse monsters, and Hunters and all kinds of people who are In The Know. Before it seemed to be a show about the Secret History of the Revolution and some demons and witchcraft. Literally the only difference between it and Supernatural now is the lack of Angels, a physical Hell, and vampires. They even had an almost identical Purgatory.

I think they ran out of ideas fast once the first arc completed and tried to raise the stakes way too fast. Now we're dealing with an ancient god from the Babylonian pantheon going to destroy the planet, and I miss the days of the Headless Horseman being the Big Bad. Even Supernatural took 5 years to complete it's first major arc.

Ichabod's assimilation has gone from twee to something annoying. He's embraced all forms of modern technology, but still uses certain archaic devices and modes of speech and pedantically rails about certain things in the modern world, so he comes off as more an affectatious steampunk cosplayer

The show has become more a chore to watch than anything, I keep hoping it will get better and will still watch if it's renewed but I won't cry if they wrap it up.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Honestly at this point I have 9 episodes stacked up on the DVR and may not bother if they don't renew.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The show is so far away from the craziness of season 1 that got me into it that I'm willing to let it go. As long as the finale is sensible, I'm OK with it ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even though Alexander Hamilton has gotten a bump because of the musical it's kind of weird that the show completely ignored him before considering in real life he basically did what they had Ichabod doing.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The show died in Season two when they killed Moloch and spun out with the dumb Katrina poo poo. Hawley was also a total miss that showed up in every loving episode and probably drove people away. Babylonian stuff appears totally out of left field and usurps the show almost, including even imprisoning fan favorite villain and the impetus for everyone to get together. Everything in season 3 feels like they are somehow trying to both reboot and retcon while also continuing on with the first story. It's just too much of a mess. It probably deserves to end here.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Astroman posted:

The first season was fantastic, but they really seem to have lost their way,

:agreed:

quote:

Before it seemed to be a show about the Secret History of the Revolution and some demons and witchcraft. Literally the only difference between it and Supernatural now is the lack of Angels, a physical Hell, and vampires.

Remember they had that one-off Angel guy Orion who was friendly with Abby for what seemed to be waaaay too short to exploit for the show's purposes, and they haven't bothered to bring him back.

quote:

I think they ran out of ideas fast once the first arc completed and tried to raise the stakes way too fast. Now we're dealing with an ancient god from the Babylonian pantheon going to destroy the planet, and I miss the days of the Headless Horseman being the Big Bad.

Pandora always seemed to me to be a perfect foil for the Witnesses back when she was merciless and killing people left and right. poo poo, she even killed TARS without a thought. :v: Her sudden heel turn wasn't convincing or even made sense to me.

I really, really did not like how they hand waved Headless into oblivion at the beginning of this season. They probably couldn't afford to bring back his actor either. If he appears in the finale, it's way too late as far as I'm concerned.

quote:

Ichabod's assimilation has gone from twee to something annoying. He's embraced all forms of modern technology, but still uses certain archaic devices and modes of speech and pedantically rails about certain things in the modern world, so he comes off as more an affectatious steampunk cosplayer

IMHO that's somewhat excusable; if you were suddenly catapulted into another time/place and had no way to return, naturally you'd stick to modes of speech you remember instead of this 'modern' bullshit, and bitch about the past just to keep from going insane.

Of course it winds up with people in the current time looking at you with that WTF look a lot, but I feel the writers are just phoning it in now as they're not quite creative enough to tell the same joke differently for three whole seasons.

BTW, if you remember Buck Rogers, there was another fish-out-of-water TV show that pulled it off though less convincingly, but I think the time it was made in didn't allow for the glitzy flashbacks every single episode.

quote:

The show has become more a chore to watch than anything, I keep hoping it will get better and will still watch if it's renewed but I won't cry if they wrap it up.

True, I'd rather they put it out of its misery because it's clearly grasping at straws now; it feels like they spent the budget on more SFX/monsters rather than pay fan service and bring back Ben Franklin / Headless a few more times. If Jefferson could have created the not-a-hologram version of himself, could we have maybe gotten a Zordon-like Ben?

Bringing in all these supporting players may have been an attempt to do what they thought Hawley should have done, make the show feel a little deeper than it did, but it feels like they're just an excuse to provide cannon fodder as only two Witnesses can't be expected to do everything.

Also, I bet Betsy was brought in to provide the link to the past he lost with Katrina; I bet the finale ends with him shacking up with Betsy and Abbie with her FBI boss.

I'm still mad about Katrina doing HER heel turn and then conveniently dying; that one episode where Katrina and Ichabod team up against the mad painter was great; IMHO the smart thing to have done after Moloch was out of the equation would have been to have one part of the show as a Bewitched/Supernatural mashup starring the time-lost genteel and his hot magical wife. Abby and her sister plus Corbin's son tackle parallel threats, and keep Henry around as an advising oracle to both teams. Instead, we got what we got. :smith:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

My biggest issue with the Headless Horseman biting it is that Abraham's story was not done. I think he has a redemption arc that's unfinished. Maybe they'll hit on that next week, but I doubt it. He was interesting as a force of nature, but now that he has a face I would rather see the end of that guy's story.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I love how the thread title is still stuck in season 2. As if season 3 never existed. :allears:

And yeah I'm hoping for a series end on Friday. Let it die already.

Sure I'd love more S1-style sleepy hollow but that's not gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
With this program's mashup of pantheons, when Pandora was in the church I was expecting JC to appear and bellow, "How dare you enter my house of worship!" leading us into the next season.

• Locked thread