Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Christ alive, I gave this idiot my money

I don't know anything about the other team members, but I used to hang out in the same IRC channel as Supernorn and Molly, who were quite pleasant people, and apparently Rho is also cool. I suppose I can take solace in some of the money (hopefully) having gone to you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ag Bengip posted:

I don't know anything about the other team members, but I used to hang out in the same IRC channel as Supernorn and Molly, who were quite pleasant people, and apparently Rho is also cool. I suppose I can take solace in some of the money (hopefully) having gone to you guys.

gently caress, I can't even feel good about that because are they actually getting paid? Is he actually paying Molly and Norn, or are they locked in a basement somewhere and chained to a chair?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if you go back over molly's posts in this thread and arrange every other capital letter, it spells out TRAPPED PLEASE SEND HELP

but tiy saw through that, too

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if you read this thread backwards it's about a game that's slowly showing more and more promise and ends up looking almost feature-complete

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

This thread has really blossomed into a beautiful butterfly over the last week

This is some dark-rear end poo poo coming to light, all of Tiy's alpacas coming home to roost

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ag Bengip posted:

I bought a four-pack, then later realized I didn't actually have plans for the other three keys and I still have them to this day. :retrogames:

Oh well I've made worse purchasing decisions.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Zereth posted:

I bought a four-pack, then later realized I didn't actually have plans for the other three keys and I still have them to this day. :retrogames:

Oh well I've made worse purchasing decisions.

Send them to me

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Inverness posted:

Hopefully modding in this game is open enough that someone can just run in and fix all of the issues once its actually done.

It's sad that you need a mod to have fun and remove barriers to fun.

Unfortunatly a mod can't refund me.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

Unfortunatly a mod can't refund me.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Inverness posted:

Hopefully modding in this game is open enough that someone can just run in and fix all of the issues once its actually done.

It's sad that you need a mod to have fun and remove barriers to fun.

because my brain is broken, a friend and i have some really fleshed out design docs for making the game good once it's released. it's funny that some random people wanting to mod a game probably have more comprehensive design docs and plans than the team making the game. funny in the bethesda kind of way.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmfao

GOD what a prick

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Tiy really is a huge piece of poo poo and I regret giving him my money. After all this has come to light, I'm super pleased with myself for showing restraint in only picking the lowest, basic-entry scam price instead of donating more to get some of the promised "rewards". Boy I would've been even more pissed than I am about this dumpster fire.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
If I'd have seen that picture of Tiy with his hat on before I bought his game I would never have bought his game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if i could go back in time and stop myself from buying only one early access game it would for sure be spacebase df-9 over starbound at least

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

oddium posted:

if i could go back in time and stop myself from buying only one early access game it would for sure be spacebase df-9 over starbound at least

god drat you sure can pick 'em

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Tiy did post here once, so I think maybe he's reading all this

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i also bought kerbal space program and nuclear throne well before they were "released". but they were already fun and good when i bought them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

clockwork empires... please be Good :pray:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is starbound good yet

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Eonwe posted:

Is starbound good yet

Is star-citizen done yet?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I bought Spacebase DF-9, Godus, Mercenary Kings and Starbound when they were launching.

Buuuuttt I did buy Darkest Dungeon?

gently caress Early access is what i'm saying, except when it's good? and it barely is? I don't know what to feel.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

I bought Spacebase DF-9, Godus, Mercenary Kings and Starbound when they were launching.

gently caress Early access is what i'm saying, except when it's good? and it barely is? I don't know what to feel.

Whats wrong with Mercenary Kings? its a good time waster

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fargin Icehole posted:

Sorry for your five losses

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Tiy did post here once, so I think maybe he's reading all this

good, I hope he sees how lovely he is through these posts

he won't though

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hello, Tiy. How are you

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I hope he doesnt see this thread

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Ag Bengip posted:

I don't know anything about the other team members, but I used to hang out in the same IRC channel as Supernorn and Molly, who were quite pleasant people, and apparently Rho is also cool.

I think we must have hung out in the same channel, I remember talking to Norn and Molly. Both of them were pretty cool, and I hope they've armed their ejector seats now 1.0 is about to hit.

4chan hated Molly; she was every nerd girl who hadn't hosed them and she got to hang out on stage with Real Developers. The sheer fact she stayed in her job speaks well for her resilience; hopefully Stardew Valley will patch any damage that did to her resume.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not that I disagree that she's pretty cool (I was pretty good friends with her a long time before Starbound was a bad idea in Tiy's head), you can't really just up and quit your job when you've moved half way across the globe for work and you're in the country on a visa.

I know that she at least used to keep a good frame of mind on her in regards to the abuse and poo poo too, never looked into it, never wanted to know what it was. I mean, maybe it's changed nowadays, we don't really talk or whatever anymore and she's a totally different person and she doesn't take it so well anymore, I don't know or care.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 3, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Lol why the gently caress would anyone buy Godus.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Starbound 1.0 details announced. It's "getting close" but no exact date specified.

http://playstarbound.com/final-approach-to-1-0/

Sounds like maybe combat has been unfucked? And the beginning of the game seems to be completely different.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

who got thrown a few grand and then told to gently caress off after working unpaid for nearly a year.

This game raised ~8 million dollars and guys were getting paid a few thousand after a year of unpaid work lol.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

quote:

To unlock missions you’ll be given quests which utilize many different aspects of the Starbound sandbox to send you searching for clues
:negative: oh my god there's going to be even MORE searching the universe for a planet that has some random, tiny object that some jerkass wants

quote:

Alongside the story progression and clue quests there are a number of new side quests, including a battle arena, a museum that needs to be populated with artifacts, and test chambers to unlock tech upgrades. We’ve also expanded the quest system with a quest tracker, compass and multi-part quests which update as you undertake them.

I guess that's ok, except for the loving test chamber poo poo, that already can go gently caress itself

quote:

Hunger has been reworked and has returned in an optional survival mode. The UI has been revamped and food now rots over time (with refrigerators keeping food fresh). Eating food now also has a healing effect outside of survival mode.

So..Food is going to rot either way? I TAKE TWO STEPS FORWARD (I TAKE THREE STEPS BACK)

quote:

Similar to pet collars, armor augments can now be applied to certain back armors to give the player special properties. These range from increased damage and speed to fun special effects.

So you're doing something to avoid giving race armor unique effects..whatever, anyone that's still playing has to take what they can get, I guess

I guess if I had one question, it is: Where are the loving tentacle biomes

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

So..Food is going to rot either way? I TAKE TWO STEPS FORWARD (I TAKE THREE STEPS BACK)

Dont be rediculous, These are all steps forward, dont you see?

Sure its in the wrong direction, but still

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I ain't playin again until someone, I don't care who, makes it so I don't have to drill to the core of my starting planet to get off it. I took me hours last time.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

BillmasterCozb posted:

I guess if I had one question, it is: Where are the loving tentacle biomes

Wait they removed that?

What in a gently caress?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Bilal posted:

This game raised ~8 million dollars and guys were getting paid a few thousand after a year of unpaid work lol.

He's a "businessperson" you see. People were willing to work for free so why wouldn't you exploit that? It's good business sense you see.

As said before I still hope Starbound becomes a good game one day, be it by their hand or by modders. That said I had a lot of unresolved bitterness when I left and this thread's really helped a ton with that because I had no real outlet or closure, so thanks to everyone who listened and offered sympathy, it really means a lot. The more I think about it now it was actually a blessing in disguise. Right up until the end I wanted to care, but I'm learning that even if I did all the perfect things and stayed I'd have 1) still been hosed with my contract when it expired and 2) still be associated with a game that has an incredibly bad reputation. The more I read around the more I'm finding that Bart and I stand out among people as the ones who got out and are thus spared from association with it. It's given me time to focus on other things I want to do and hopefully even if they don't work out I hope I can return to making games one day.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
rho i'm assuming that you guys didn't have to assume any ndas, in which case lol

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

UncleSmoothie posted:

Starbound 1.0 details announced. It's "getting close" but no exact date specified.

http://playstarbound.com/final-approach-to-1-0/

Sounds like maybe combat has been unfucked? And the beginning of the game seems to be completely different.

Someone needs to tell CF that April Fools is only on the first.

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!
Wow, I just finished reading this and my main take away is basically gently caress early access for enabling poo poo like this, we would be better off without it and and the widely apparent "feeling free to get effectively nothing done!" attitude that it enables.

Also we'd be better off without exploitative pieces of garbage like Tiy, but anyone willingly working for him for free at any point (seriously what the gently caress?) was enabling him to be the biggest shitheap he could possibly get away with being. This is of course not excusing his behavior, which is completely unacceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rhopunzel posted:

He's a "businessperson" you see. People were willing to work for free so why wouldn't you exploit that? It's good business sense you see.

As said before I still hope Starbound becomes a good game one day, be it by their hand or by modders. That said I had a lot of unresolved bitterness when I left and this thread's really helped a ton with that because I had no real outlet or closure, so thanks to everyone who listened and offered sympathy, it really means a lot. The more I think about it now it was actually a blessing in disguise. Right up until the end I wanted to care, but I'm learning that even if I did all the perfect things and stayed I'd have 1) still been hosed with my contract when it expired and 2) still be associated with a game that has an incredibly bad reputation. The more I read around the more I'm finding that Bart and I stand out among people as the ones who got out and are thus spared from association with it. It's given me time to focus on other things I want to do and hopefully even if they don't work out I hope I can return to making games one day.

So tiy is basically an MRA fedora wearing turbocapitalist.

Does he also molest animals or something because I'm finding it hard to figure out how much more of a caricature he can become.

• Locked thread