Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-III
Mar 4, 2001

ruddiger posted:

Holy poo poo Sammo Hung knocked BvS out of first place in China.

TBF, the movie that beat BvS at the Chinese box office looks 1000x more fun to watch than the uber dour BvS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzLI4pZH5o

It's not like people in China can't tell a good movie from a bad one.

G-III fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bring back old gbs posted:

lol i do not understand the tubonerd's obsession with jimmy olsen can someone explain?? hes supermans friend? who gives a gently caress when superman and wonder woman are also his friend by the end of the thing? like this pissant photographer was ever supposed matter...how?

its good he died he was useless and a nothing character who could have added zero to the goings on

If you're going to troll post in a GBS movie thread you're going to need to say something way dumber than this. This is Something Awful. Home of CineD, the dumbest and gayest forum on the internet.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

G-III posted:

TBF, the movie that beat BvS at the Chinese box office looks 1000x more fun to watch than the uber dour BvS.

The Chinese title is "Spy Grandpa", why did they call it "The Bodyguard" in English. So lame.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I appreciate this thread, I tried to read about this disaster at CineD and wanted to kill myself immediately.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

everyone one should read the threads on CineD it's a fabulous meltdown

edit:
lol somebody mad

Tiberius Christ fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 3, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they just give me a migraine cuz you should have at least some semblance of taste in the medium you post about.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

brawleh posted:

The future 'flash' scene within the dream was a favourite of mine and it ties into The Last Temptation Of Christ.

:stare:

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I still think its adorable that y'all think Zack Snyder is a capable of a cohesive narrative vision beyond tangled set-pieces and frowns.

EDIT: Worldwide gross after two weeks at 680 million with a 68% drop-off. Needs to make 800 Million just to break even.

How can a movie possibly cost $800 million dollars? Could literally launch a rocket to Jupiter on that budget with a monkey in it.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I dare anyone to find a worse movie discussion forum than CD.

I tried to read like 2 pages of that thread and almost had a brain aneurysm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sylink posted:

How can a movie possibly cost $800 million dollars? Could literally launch a rocket to Jupiter on that budget with a monkey in it.

Where did you get the $800 million number?

Most recent reports place it at around $400 million for the total budget.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Probably the post I quoted idk man

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

etalian posted:

Where did you get the $800 million number?

Most recent reports place it at around $400 million for the total budget.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/03/24/batman-v-superman-inside-the-making-of-a-super-pricey-blockbuster-bomb/

Generally a movie has to make back twice its total budget to be in the black.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not that the movie costs 800 million it's that the studio doesn't get all the money from a movie (and they actually get less each successive week).

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If you're going to troll post in a GBS movie thread you're going to need to say something way dumber than this. This is Something Awful. Home of CineD, the dumbest and gayest forum on the internet.

drat right u know im talkin about u lmao answer the question shithead, why do you care so much abou this character? i dont know what he does in the comics

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs posted:

drat right u know im talkin about u lmao answer the question shithead, why do you care so much abou this character? i dont know what he does in the comics

that was uncalled for ur a good guy probly. i just dont get why people get so up in arms about one companys thing vs another when theyre both doing their own thing.,.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

whatever7 posted:

Can you do one for Sucker Punch?

I haven't seen Sucker Punch when I heard it was all dream sequences I was like "nah"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Laderhan posted:

I dare anyone to find a worse movie discussion forum than CD.

I tried to read like 2 pages of that thread and almost had a brain aneurysm.

the thread for kingsman was pretty bad

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Has there ever been a Superman series where he ties a bad guy down and pees on him to death?
Like POWWWW urine stream right through the head.

Asking for a friend.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

QuoProQuid posted:

the thread for kingsman was pretty bad

How many 80,000 word posts were made about anal sex that referenced Zizek, Fritz Lang, or Martin Heidegger?

[The fact that the posts clearly reflect that they weren't watching the same movie as the one they're talking about is a given]

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gentlemen its not a new discovery that cd is extremely bad and usually purposefully contrary

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It's a new semester. They're all obsessed with Hegel now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I hate reading comments because I see poo poo like this...

I want to lecture him about how A) Mecha-Hawking whaling on a a Mother Theresa going Super-Saiyan with the power of Christ sounds amazing a B) There's only one good person in that pairing.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

How many 80,000 word posts were made about anal sex that referenced Zizek, Fritz Lang, or Martin Heidegger?

[The fact that the posts clearly reflect that they weren't watching the same movie as the one they're talking about is a given]

ok, you win

it wasnt that bad.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

G-III posted:

has sammo turned into chinese steven segal?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Code Jockey posted:

how in god's name do we go this long discussing kevin smith without this

Lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

gentlemen its not a new discovery that cd is extremely bad and usually purposefully contrary

CineD absolutely loathes the idea of "female ghostbusters" and hated the trailer.

If the movie ends up sucking we may see CineD posts so lovely, trying to balance hatred and contrarianism, that it will surpass the awfulness of the TVIV Walking Dead season 2 and the CineD SW Prequels threads.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

Has there ever been a Superman series where he ties a bad guy down and pees on him to death?
Like POWWWW urine stream right through the head.

Asking for a friend.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The fact that this movie sucks so bad has inspired me to go watch Justice League: Gods and Monsters again. So uh, thanks Zack Snyder!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

CineD absolutely loathes the idea of "female ghostbusters" and hated the trailer.

If the movie ends up sucking we may see CineD posts so lovely, trying to balance hatred and contrarianism, that it will surpass the awfulness of the TVIV Walking Dead season 2 and the CineD SW Prequels threads.

Tbf the new Ghostbusters movie looks loving horrendous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

The fact that this movie sucks so bad has inspired me to go watch Justice League: Gods and Monsters again. So uh, thanks Zack Snyder!

yeah, i liked that movie.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Immortan posted:

On the other hand, the theatrical trailer I saw that was attached to BvS was not anywhere near as horrible as the first trailer from a few weeks earlier.

At this pint, I can't see myself finding GB2016 more disappointing than BvS.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Immortan posted:

it looks so awful, i think ray is gonna be the villain though.

ill hbo it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the top 2 line items on the main star of the new ghostbusters are:

-is fat
-falls down

that movie is gonna be so trash

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I think the new Ghostbusters would have been ok if they had made it a sequel instead of a remake

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

You thought of Borat instead of Welcome Back Kotter? I'm getting old.

Here's how you can tell that Wolper is a liberal strawman: He doesn't disagree with Batman, he just resents that Batman is necessary. In a later panel, the interviewer puts this question to Wolper, paraphrased: "If violent criminals aren't responsible for their actions, why doesn't that exemption apply to Batman, a violent criminal?" Wolper angrily responds "He knows exactly what he's doing! His sort of fascist always does."

I was raised in a Republican (though far from fanatical) household, and Wolper strikes me as an 80s-90s stereotype of how conservatives liked to imagine liberals think. He's a dressed-down, academic, government employee who blames society in general and harsh authority figures in particular for the woes of the marginalized. He justifies this with self-contradicting, pop-psych nonsense, but deep down he is himself a weak-willed neurotic who can't be responsible for himself; his "bleeding heart" compassion is false because it's just projecting his failings onto all humanity. He advocates a nanny state as a prescription for his own inadequacy.

Batman's a mentally ill, violent criminal. His enemies are mentally ill, violent criminals. But his enemies are "weak-egoed neurotics" who aren't responsible for their actions, whereas Batman is a "fascist" who manipulates the "public psyche" through the media. Batman has agency, his enemies don't.

Throughout DKR, ordinary citizens are portrayed as victims in need of protection, clueless bystanders, or petty assholes. In the end, Batman decides to "bring sense" to society with the help of a paramilitary force. A force he created from the lumpenproletariat by defeating their leader in a gladiatorial match, staged for their benefit so they'd know who's boss. (As I write this, the leading Republican presidential candidate is a WWE Hall of Famer.)

Wolper doesn't object to Batman being responsible for society. But he wants Batman to fix society's problems with hugs and cuddles, which is revealed as a naive fantasy when Wolper is gassed to death by the Joker. He and the Mayor are killed in a moment when they let their guard down.

cd is clearly too smart 4 me

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah CD is basically what I would have written about like v for vendetta when i was 19 :corsair:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tiberius Christ posted:

everyone one should read the threads on CineD it's a fabulous meltdown

edit:
lol somebody mad

holy poo poo ahahaha

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

cd is clearly too smart 4 me

Isn't that obvious? I caught that when I read TDKR as a teenager.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Nirvikalpa posted:

Isn't that obvious? I caught that when I read TDKR as a teenager.

that was kind of my point i guess. the points that cd always arrive at are so sophomoric that they kind of dont even need to be said by the population that didnt eat paint chips as children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I feel like cined wasnt always like this, at least not to this extent. Now it's full of people like supermechagodzilla and its painful to read

• Locked thread