Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's this gif of a guy LPing Darkest Dungeon with a facecam who gets so mad at the game he destroys his keyboard and camera? But I don't know who it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HGH posted:

There's this gif of a guy LPing Darkest Dungeon with a facecam who gets so mad at the game he destroys his keyboard and camera? But I don't know who it is.

Can ya post the gif? Might be funny.

Orv
May 4, 2011
One better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN9uaL8ENt8

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Mega64 posted:

While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend some great Let's Play meltdowns?
dongs.exe?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mega64 posted:

While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend some great Let's Play meltdowns?

What kind of meltdowns? Like in thread or in the LP itself?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Covok posted:

Can ya post the gif? Might be funny.
Part of the reason I mentioned it is cause I can't find the gif anymore, but Orv's come through here.
Jeez, what a temper.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

That looks staged to me. I don't believe that legit. Regardless, thanks for the link.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Mega64 posted:

Get your thread hijack the gently caress out of here. Now.

You want the truth? You can't handle it. You're getting it anyway:

Your level is not getting LPed because it is a shitstorm. It uses Internet Speak and MSPaint. The level is pleasant enough until you decide to go for the secret area. The ghostly runaround is near impossible to find, trigger, and then complete. You need more save points. It's actually a decent challenge for the most part...

And then you threw in Laser Temple. To which all I can say is, gently caress you, die in a fire. There is nothing you can say or do that will ever excuse Laser Temple.

Would it be fun to see a Knytt Stories level creator play his own level? Perhaps. I honestly think they would be too good at it for it to matter. In your case the question is irrelevant, you are not a Knytt Stories level creator, you are a jackass with an editor and a fundamental lack of enjoyable gameplay design concepts.

I'm not going to comment on your LP of your levels. With a few rare exceptions, I don't criticize other people's LP styles; to each their own. But I do know that your LP of your own poo poo-tastic level needs to not be in this thread. It is not solicited, rather, I directly told you not to do this. I said user submitted videos were not okay. I told you and others, repeatedly, that your LPs of levels were not to be submitted. I directly spoke with ProtonJon and a few others about making videos for this, and if you aren't those people, you need to not link your videos here.

I am not letting you LP levels in this thread because the purpose of this thread isn't for you to showcase your shitstorm, or suck at doing it. I am not letting everyone LP levels all willy-nilly because there are just some levels that should not be played; yours is among them.

Remove the video links.

(I couldn't find the original link, but I think the above Deceased Crab rant is the reason LP got a moderator.)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Goons are responsible, mature adults who do not throw temper tantrums at video games.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

GuavaMoment posted:

Get your thread hijack the gently caress out of here. Now.

You want the truth? You can't handle it. You're getting it anyway:

Your level is not getting LPed because it is a shitstorm. It uses Internet Speak and MSPaint. The level is pleasant enough until you decide to go for the secret area. The ghostly runaround is near impossible to find, trigger, and then complete. You need more save points. It's actually a decent challenge for the most part...

And then you threw in Laser Temple. To which all I can say is, gently caress you, die in a fire. There is nothing you can say or do that will ever excuse Laser Temple.

Would it be fun to see a Knytt Stories level creator play his own level? Perhaps. I honestly think they would be too good at it for it to matter. In your case the question is irrelevant, you are not a Knytt Stories level creator, you are a jackass with an editor and a fundamental lack of enjoyable gameplay design concepts.

I'm not going to comment on your LP of your levels. With a few rare exceptions, I don't criticize other people's LP styles; to each their own. But I do know that your LP of your own poo poo-tastic level needs to not be in this thread. It is not solicited, rather, I directly told you not to do this. I said user submitted videos were not okay. I told you and others, repeatedly, that your LPs of levels were not to be submitted. I directly spoke with ProtonJon and a few others about making videos for this, and if you aren't those people, you need to not link your videos here.

I am not letting you LP levels in this thread because the purpose of this thread isn't for you to showcase your shitstorm, or suck at doing it. I am not letting everyone LP levels all willy-nilly because there are just some levels that should not be played; yours is among them.

Remove the video links.

(I couldn't find the original link, but I think the above Deceased Crab rant is the reason LP got a moderator.)

I think this is the link but I don't have archives so I can't check:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2693904&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post336601344

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dr. Fetus posted:

What kind of meltdowns? Like in thread or in the LP itself?

Either/or, I'm not picky, Youtube or other off-site LPs also welcome obviously. Also, good stuff so far!

e: Haha, so many people defending DC in that Knytt Stories thread too. Wouldn't see that these days.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 3, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
For like most of the post I thought Guava was actually making GBS threads on Mega there.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Mega64 posted:

e: Haha, so many people defending DC in that Knytt Stories thread too. Wouldn't see that these days.
Eh, you kinda would. Fans are always super defensive of what they enjoy.

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008

Mega64 posted:

This Earthbound LP is in the archives. I thought it was pretty informative as far as what not to do in your thread, but it's not a meltdown as much as a downward spiral. Seems like they kept their youtube dump going, even though the videos are getting 13 views despite 3000 subscribers?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663591&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Alexey has a mental break counter for his Blood Omen 2 LP, which is about a game which combines a poorly written plot with excruciatingly boring gameplay.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

slowbeef posted:

Oh don't give me that - you're the one who said I was bad at the game.

wow, that's some serious poo poo

E: Missed a page of posts, disregard.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey slowbeef, can you please stream at 9pm PST, that's when I get home from work, I'll 1v1 you for it in Starfox 64.

e: this isn't a joke, Starfox 64 1v1 or 2v2

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I may have asked this already, but any good Morrowind VLPs to recommend? Can be non-SA; if I recall correctly all Morrowind lps here are SS. I think I checked out... SorcererDave's? oevr at youtube at one point but ended up dropping it, so alternatives would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I may have asked this already, but any good Morrowind VLPs to recommend? Can be non-SA; if I recall correctly all Morrowind lps here are SS. I think I checked out... SorcererDave's? oevr at youtube at one point but ended up dropping it, so alternatives would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I've been inordinately fond of this one.

Whether it meets the definition of "LP" is up for debate, though. :v:

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Are there any really good LPs with obviously scripted and rehearsed commentary, for the majority of the LP? I've only seen a couple like that but they tend to be interesting.

In return and very slightly on topic I'll give you one of my favorite 'guy talks while playing video game' videos, which happens be to Charlie Armitz giving very detailed and insightful post-commentary on his Pokemon Red speedrun. At the time nobody had ever heard of him and he just randomly showed up with a new world record for one of the most competitively ran speedgames ever, that was ran almost exclusively on emulators for convenience. Lots of people accused him of cheating in some subtle impossible to prove way, and the incident pretty much forced everyone to start playing on the console rather than emulators to avoid being assumed cheaters. He responded by breaking the record even more a couple months later on console, which he also did excellent post-commentary on.

First video that I hyped up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAXGQ8oywxM

Better run on console: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVti2xEqGw0

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Edward_Tohr posted:

I've been inordinately fond of this one.

Whether it meets the definition of "LP" is up for debate, though. :v:

Hahaha, Seen that one. They cut the time almost by half since last time I checked it though (It was about 7:15 if I remember correctly). /edit: huh, no, it's been at that time since 2010, so I guess I'm misremembering. Oh well.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I'd prefer a more... LP-y LP to be honest. :v:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This one is a VLP: http://lparchive.org/Morrowind/

I watched it a really long time ago, but I remember it being decent? The side/faction quests are mostly lost to the deaths of viddler and blip, but the main quest is on youtube and the internet archive.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

slowbeef posted:

In fact, if you'd like, I'll do PvP and you can put your money where your mouth is.

1v1 me in GOD HAND beef, I'll be gentle :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1v1 me irl, sledgehammers in six feet of water

might be wrong
Oct 11, 2012
Any video lps of funny people playing bad games? Or just any really funny lps in general?

I really like stuff like C&I, retsupurae, and men drinking coffee, and someone recommended Vicas's Mario 64 lp and that was pretty good too. Any ideas? People keep posting about Saints Row 2 but that one doesn't really do it for me.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

might be wrong posted:

Any video lps of funny people playing bad games? Or just any really funny lps in general?

I really like stuff like C&I, retsupurae, and men drinking coffee, and someone recommended Vicas's Mario 64 lp and that was pretty good too. Any ideas? People keep posting about Saints Row 2 but that one doesn't really do it for me.

Freelance Astronauts' stuff may be right up your alley then. Start with New Super Mario Bros Wii if you haven't seen it yet.

might be wrong
Oct 11, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

Freelance Astronauts' stuff may be right up your alley then. Start with New Super Mario Bros Wii if you haven't seen it yet.

Already seen a few and didn't like them as much, think more witty commentary about the game and less players just yelling at each other.

might be wrong fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 7, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

might be wrong posted:

Already seen a few and didn't like them as much, think more funny commentary about the game and less players just yelling at each other.

Fair enough.

A little more low-key, you can try Jeff and David's stuff. You will not be unhinging your jaw all the time but they're consistently funny and their stuff is tightly edited. Start out with Darksiders or Syndicate.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

might be wrong posted:

I always thought Rchimp and his buddies did good group commentary LP's, though usually the games weren't bad (though Twin Snakes is up for debate). Maybe give this one a try: http://lparchive.org/Luigis-Mansion/

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The Adventures of Business Viking and Biker Viking (aka Mercenaries 2) is my go-to suggestion in this situation. Granted the game isn't really bad, just kinda average and under-appreciated. But the guys playing it are funny and work great with one another, so give it a watch.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

might be wrong posted:

What's your thoughts on TheStrawhatNO?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

might be wrong posted:

They're older, but anything by Evil Tim on the archive. Castlevania 64 and Nightshade both fit the bill.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

might be wrong posted:

If you like the Mario 64 LP, you might also like Dazzling Addar's Donkey Kong 64 LP since it's the same people.

There's also the Sonic 2006 LP by pokecapn and crew (assuming you haven't already seen the retsupurae version), and for not-so-bad games there's also Mario Party and LoZ: Four Swords Adventures.

I'm also a fan of Pork Lift and wateyad, though their games haven't been so bad. They've done The Last Story and Final Fantasy XIII.

A few years ago SuperGraffiti and MoominBiscuit did a great LP trying various budget PS2 titles. Most of the videos in the OP (requires Archives) are now dead, but backups exist on Youtube.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just to warn anybody interested,the Youtube comments are full of sperglords who bitch and moan about the lack of "pro strats" or whatever. Just use Comment Snob.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Mega64 posted:

I vaguely remember something with regard to Best Friend Skull and his Risk of Rain series. It was going pretty well, he tried doing some co-op sessions that didn't go so well, made a lot of humblebrag comments about how he's just really good at the game and that's why the co-op wasn't going well (to which everyone on the planet went :rolleyes:) and then he sort of disappeared for a bit and then there was a huge explosion in the thread about something and then he ended up banned I think.

It was a pretty hilarious detonation, even if I saw like 5% of it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Coolguye posted:

I vaguely remember something with regard to Best Friend Skull and his Risk of Rain series. It was going pretty well, he tried doing some co-op sessions that didn't go so well, made a lot of humblebrag comments about how he's just really good at the game and that's why the co-op wasn't going well (to which everyone on the planet went :rolleyes:) and then he sort of disappeared for a bit and then there was a huge explosion in the thread about something and then he ended up banned I think.

It was a pretty hilarious detonation, even if I saw like 5% of it.
The explosion came from the fact he admitted on twitter to being kind of a rapist.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 7, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
How is someone "kind of a rapist?"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
he hosed a drunk woman iirc so that actually is rape pretty much

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

corn in the bible posted:

he hosed a drunk woman iirc so that actually is rape pretty much
I thought it was something like he admitted to getting a female friend or acquaintance extremely drunk on purpose so he could gently caress her (which is rape)? I could be misremembering though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

VoidBurger posted:

I thought it was something like he admitted to getting a female friend or acquaintance extremely drunk on purpose so he could gently caress her (which is rape)? I could be misremembering though.

Yeah, legally a prosecutor could have a fairly clearcut case with deliberately intoxicating someone to have sex with them.

So, long story short, no, I would not recommend his LPs.