Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

This current war reminds me most of the original BoB invasion of Tenerifis, in terms of direness of situation. Except this time a dude in a frigate can start a timer with 10 minutes of work.

I know bob, but no idea which war you are talking about, that's too old. What happened in that invasion, we got kicked out of null?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

My favorite part of this thread is people calling us ungoony. I have literal serfs that rat so I get full reimbursement, and ive stolen more isk this week from hostiles than ordo garr ever stole from blues.

Like I'm pretty sure making the entire English speaking world unite in an attempt to kill us because of years of bullying and trolling and scamming them and blowing up their hisec freighters and making people like gevlon spend their entire fortune sending mercs after us is peak goon.

Can't be said enough

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goatman Sacks posted:

We're losing FCON's branch staging while getting a peptalk.

We can't actually contest that so might as well get people caught up :v:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Altran posted:

I know bob, but no idea which war you are talking about, that's too old. What happened in that invasion, we got kicked out of null?

Both numbers and game design were severely tilted against us. We basically held out until the game design issues were fixed. I don't see that happening with this though.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I just can't understand the drive to have so many swordfleets. I love flying interceptors but so far after four fleets of them over the past several days they've been collectively worthless for anything but quickly fanning out to find nodes to hack.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

This doesn't really explain why they had all their poo poo in VFK and not UQ9 when we saved the IHUB

We had barely any poo poo in VFK, it was defended almost completely uncontested. We were just slow moving out and didn't get to UQ9 in time to contest the IHUB - that's why you got it.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Both numbers and game design were severely tilted against us. We basically held out until the game design issues were fixed. I don't see that happening with this though.

Just gotta hold out until they declare "victory is inevitable" and immediately disintegrate into stupid drama and infighting and backstabbing, really.

Anyway, isn't there supposed to be a game-changing patch queued to kick some nerds in the balls fairly soon?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
While everyone's fighting. I'm just cruising around while waiting for my application to be approved.

It's kinda relaxing.

http://i.imgur.com/qVCZxr5.png

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

silentsnack posted:

Just gotta hold out until they declare "victory is inevitable" and immediately disintegrate into stupid drama and infighting and backstabbing, really.

Anyway, isn't there supposed to be a game-changing patch queued to kick some nerds in the balls fairly soon?

Citadel is just going to make supers and caps more vulnerable and more deadly. We don't use our supers now out of fear of losing them, we'll never use them after they're actually killable. It's not really going to impact this war much. Well other than PL/NC will drop supers on everything with free abandon because somehow they magically can without retribution.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Post-citadel, a single super will be able to wipe out its weight in subcaps, so PL and NC. will just drop piles of them into every fight and sweep the field of anything smaller than a Titan, which will be doomsdayed multiple times until it explodes.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

So the future is suicide ganking with dreads, got it.

:rip: imps, come back with a better name next time.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Goatman Sacks posted:

The Fountain War started out like this - though not quite as badly. We burned out NC and PL's interest with caracal and siege fleets, and by the end of it we were helicopter dicking tons of dreads.

You didn't burn out their interest, they had to withdraw to defend their renter sov and just never came back. I was in TEST for that, not having a super umbrella anymore really sucked.

nessin posted:

I just can't understand the drive to have so many swordfleets. I love flying interceptors but so far after four fleets of them over the past several days they've been collectively worthless for anything but quickly fanning out to find nodes to hack.

It's because if you form up a real fleet, it gets slaughtered.

~wulfpax~

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dragonstalking posted:

You didn't burn out their interest, they had to withdraw to defend their renter sov and just never came back.

Man only a total retard would think this, who could be that dumb...

dragonstalking posted:

I was in TEST for that

ohhhhh

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also people clinging to the fact that rear end in a top hat spider tanking will be gone are ignoring the fact that DPS is a tank all its own, if you can murder the enemy fleet before they can chew through 10m EHP, then you didn't need to rep after all.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Post-citadel, a single super will be able to wipe out its weight in subcaps, so PL and NC. will just drop piles of them into every fight and sweep the field of anything smaller than a Titan, which will be doomsdayed multiple times until it explodes.

The thing is just going to be who can afford to replace titans, supers, capitals, and fax machines faster. That and if PL and NC. give a care about keeping us out of our space forever and or following us around forever.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I could get down with a role reversal and free reign to lead an insurrection Blops dropping and black ops camping the infidels in dek

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Call Me Sa Matrandic Thrass

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Ye, anyone care give a tl'dr version of the most notable cap changes?

The only thing I learnt on sisi is that super's dps is loving unbelievable and both titan and supers die very fast.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Altran posted:

I might only be recently joined goons, but steamrolling people like the last fountain war was fun, getting steamrolled like now is unfun. Horde alone is pulling 250 dudes in fleet, we need to step up our game.

You have no reason to leave Goonfleet, then.

When you realize that wars like that are incredibly boring for line members even when you're steamrolling, it's still not time to leave. There are (usually, at least) multiple groups within Goonfleet where you can engage in actually-fun forms of PvP.

When those groups get kicked for being "strategically useless" that's where it finally becomes a difficult decision. On the one hand, this happens a lot, because the most fun stuff involves loving around in places that have no strategic value. On the other hand, there's always some population within the Imperium, and especially within GSF, who want to do this, so every time a group leaves or dies or re-imagines itself into something unrecognizable, a new one springs up soon enough. At that point, it really comes down to going where your friends go.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Altran posted:

Ye, anyone care give a tl'dr version of the most notable cap changes?

The only thing I learnt on sisi is that super's dps is loving unbelievable and both titan and supers die very fast.
  • All (super)caps lose a lot of raw hitpoints but can now fit capital armor plates and shield extenders to regain (most of) their lost buffer
  • Dreads and titans get a new class of guns, High Angle Weapons, designed specifically for shooting subcaps. They track like battleship guns, but have a lot more range and a lot more dps - a dread using them can put out 5-6 BS' worth of damage, and a titan can put out around 10 BS' worth.
  • T2 and faction capital guns are being introduced, along with T2 XL ammo.
  • Titans get a whole new range of doomsdays including a sort of scythe laser that carves an arc through space and damages anything in its path, a teleport doomsday that scoops up all ships in its AoE and flings them away (and also does AoE damage), and a sort of shoop da whoop death beam that damages everything directly in front of the titan.
  • Supercarriers get 'ewar doomsdays' - they can launch things like webbing bubbles
  • Carriers and supercarriers get new fighters including heavy fighters (basically fighter bombers), interceptors (fighters for killing other fighters), regular fighters, and ewar fighters that can tackle and web player ships. There's also a whole new fighter control UI, and all fighter types have special abilities that the carrier pilot can trigger.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 3, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Eve of Legends 2016. Thanks Riot

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
https://www.twitch.tv/slimmonkey81/v/58467546

So to sum up his latest fireside chat:
-fozziesov is a mess, there's no line in the sand or front line
-CCP is hostile to us because they adopted World War Bee as official
-our enemies will get tired of taking our sov and killing our fleets
-black swan event will save us
-we changed TZ's to avoid more losses
-Vale was an over-extension of our sov as i said earlier, but we'll retake it anyways after this war
-adding more hulls to our doctrine so our supply doesn't run dry
-going to lose most CSAA's because CO2 spys gave them to PL
-jesus christ more crap about the supposed trap
-whining about citadels
-more vengeance-in-the-future crap
-we want them to take our sov so we can hit it again

Meanwhile, Fade was burning, timers were lost, TEST destroyed over 200 ceptors in a 90min period, and SMA members are beginning to defect in droves.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
gently caress but it's gonna be like a year until I can carrier it up aaaa

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I still think the best course of action is just evac and drop all sov. Fucks over CCP and their whole great war thing and it's not like we're gonna win anyway so might as well have some fun with it.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

• All (super)caps lose a lot of raw hitpoints but can now fit capital armor plates and shield extenders to regain (most of) their lost buffer
  • Dreads and titans get a new class of guns, High Angle Weapons, designed specifically for shooting subcaps. They track like battleship guns, but have a lot more range and a lot more dps - a dread using them can put out 5-6 BS' worth of damage, and a titan can put out around 10 BS' worth.
  • T2 and faction capital guns are being introduced, along with T2 XL ammo.
  • Titans get a whole new range of doomsdays including a sort of scythe laser that carves an arc through space and damages anything in its path, a teleport doomsday that scoops up all ships in its AoE and flings them away (and also does AoE damage), and a sort of shoop da whoop death beam that damages everything directly in front of the titan.
  • Supercarriers get 'ewar doomsdays' - they can launch things like webbing bubbles
  • Carriers and supercarriers get new fighters including heavy fighters (basically fighter bombers), interceptors (fighters for killing other fighters), regular fighters, and ewar fighters that can tackle and web player ships. There's also a whole new fighter control UI, and all fighter types have special abilities that the carrier pilot can trigger.

Thanks. It seems blaping dreads and titans would see more actions. Dreads are the new Battleship and Titans are the new Faction battleships?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

We're losing FCON's branch staging while getting a peptalk.

So you make em defend it every two days who cares, think of it this way- the more poo poo they flip the more they gotta defend, and then at some point they end up defending more than attacking.

And if they dont actually defend anything...well, I guess they didnt want it anyways.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like resetting our vulnerability timers and grinding up ADMs in the places we have left might improve things a bit, but we'll never win a final station timer with our numbers.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Goatman Sacks posted:

I feel like resetting our vulnerability timers and grinding up ADMs in the places we have left might improve things a bit, but we'll never win a final station timer with our numbers.

That doesn't really matter because our enemies would never leave so much as an ibis in a null station. Never mind grind adms and defend it.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

That doesn't really matter because our enemies would never leave so much as an ibis in a null station. Never mind grind adms and defend it.

We already decided Manny won't be paying the bills so don't be so sure.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Are the high-angle guns still supposed to be inferior to anti-capital guns? If so, wouldn't mass dropping with HA's precipitate a counter drop by AC's? Granted I'm pretty ignorant on the extent of the supercap-gap.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

crew posted:

So you make em defend it every two days who cares, think of it this way- the more poo poo they flip the more they gotta defend, and then at some point they end up defending more than attacking.

And if they dont actually defend anything...well, I guess they didnt want it anyways.

Not to mention that ragtag coalition burnout.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

The worst thing we could possibly do is to keep trying to fight their blob. You let them form up 3000 nerds and then blueball them, then blueball them, then blueball them some more.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

dragonstalking posted:

We already decided Manny won't be paying the bills so don't be so sure.

PL running anoms and mining in Deklein.

For that sight you can have all of it.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

DirtyMick posted:

Are the high-angle guns still supposed to be inferior to anti-capital guns? If so, wouldn't mass dropping with HA's precipitate a counter drop by AC's? Granted I'm pretty ignorant on the extent of the supercap-gap.

people had already been trying stuff with dreads and titans for years (there was about a 2-year period where blap titans ruled Eve), but this will probably just formalize people using dreads as main doctrine, instead of something needed to only shoot big things

I don't really know the current meta, but since dominion created supercarriers the tactics involving capitals have been subcaps>capitals>supercaps>more supercaps, which isn't good because it creates an arms race. The reality of the current state of nullsec is that a genuinely new group likely couldn't enter 0.0 without supercap-wielding patrons, since the threat of the supercap-hammer precludes anyone from using capitals if they can't similarly escalate.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

Horde running anoms and mining in Deklein.

ftfy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Krogort posted:

You should known that there will soon (april 27) be a big capital ship rebalance and that a lot of things will be impacted by those changes.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/reworking-capital-ships-and-thus-it-begins/

TLDR
New logistics capital ships
Everything becomes much more lethal but also vulnerable
More skillpoints intensive.

This is interesting to me. I only have the desire to play one character. I don't want to multibox and I don't want to have alts. I just want to get in a big Star Destroyer esque ship and slug it out with other ships. Will the new capital changes make that a viable and, god forbid, fun thing to do?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Does sisi not register a resubbed account until the next mirror? I want to play with my aeon

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

PL running anoms and mining in Deklein.

Grath always wanted Fountain.

Deklein? Pass.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

dragonstalking posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/slimmonkey81/v/58467546

So to sum up his latest fireside chat:
-fozziesov is a mess, there's no line in the sand or front line
-CCP is hostile to us because they adopted World War Bee as official
-our enemies will get tired of taking our sov and killing our fleets
-black swan event will save us
-we changed TZ's to avoid more losses
-Vale was an over-extension of our sov as i said earlier, but we'll retake it anyways after this war
-adding more hulls to our doctrine so our supply doesn't run dry
-going to lose most CSAA's because CO2 spys gave them to PL
-jesus christ more crap about the supposed trap
-whining about citadels
-more vengeance-in-the-future crap
-we want them to take our sov so we can hit it again

Meanwhile, Fade was burning, timers were lost, TEST destroyed over 200 ceptors in a 90min period, and SMA members are beginning to defect in droves.

CCP had to go where the public relations are - and right now that's r/Eve. There's been a year or so of building up the Imperialiam as the bad guys of the universe, you can't expect that not to stick when that was the whole point of the (re)brand in the first place.

I don't think anyone gets tired of killing fleets AND taking sov. One or the other, but not both. It feels good to be on the winning side.

What's the "black swan event"?

Vale was an over-extension, but if Deklien does not fall, but I think it should be easy to take back afterwards (much like White Noise did after the fall of the NC). It depends who goes to live there. Who is actually moving in right now to live there?

Supply issues? Logistics wins or losses wars, and histrionically Goonswarm has been some of the best at handling that. That sounds like a big thing, though not unprecedented. Hell, I think every major war Goonswarm's been involved in started with the wrong doctrine, but is there time to change?

What are the defectors going? If C02/SMA etc etc just defect and start attacking their ex-allies from their current homes, that would remove a lot of the front lines and lead straight to Deklien. Is that happening?

Comstar fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Altran posted:

The Great War mid 2007 when BoB was remote Doomsdaying any frigate they could find at will. It was literally impossible to fight back. Then remote Doomsdays were removed and Goons killed Shriek's Titan and the tide turned.

• Locked thread