Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I still like both.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Good race, Stoffel did very well this weekend.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainwrong posted:

I came into this season expecting to laugh at those silly American Haasholes. But they've really done alright. Good old Big John. As an Englishman, I should not be supporting a Frenchman driving an American car, but I am.

I am going to eat a peanut butter Oreo to celebrate

Haas has done well.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Brainwrong posted:

I came into this season expecting to laugh at those silly American Haasholes. But they've really done alright. Good old Big John. As an Englishman, I should not be supporting a Frenchman driving an American car, but I am.

pretend he is swiss

like he pretends he is french

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Nobody knows their true situation but from the outside it looks pretty dire for only the second race of the season. Becoming a McLaren B team does seem to be the only positive end game for them.

i mean all we're going on is a lack of chairs and one dutch pit reporter soooo. i'm not worrying yet.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Haas has done well.

Haas haas done well, haasn't it?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Brainwrong posted:

I came into this season expecting you to hate everything that's good and like everything that's bad. You proved me wrong this year.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dubs posted:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/vote.html

these pictures are crazy bad / awesome / really bad

:wtc: Can they not afford a decent softbox?

Brainwrong posted:

The American way is 1 Oreo with the filling of 10 other Oreos. (the filling is lard)

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
No, you are not going to eat Oreos. They are produced in Mexico now!

Do you know how many jobs that cost in the USA?

[The US] do not eat Oreos any more!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

be nice wicka posted:

i mean all we're going on is a lack of chairs and one dutch pit reporter soooo. i'm not worrying yet.

Sadly not, Peter Sauber and Monisha Kaltenborn (owns 33.3%) are not at the race this weekend because they are in Switzerland trying to sort out finances. We know this as fact because the FIA gave this as the reason they were not being fined for not attending the team principle's press conference.

I don't think the dislike of Sauber has anything to do with the team, Its Monisha people don't like and it's the same with force india and VJ/Lotus and whoever owned them. Constant bitching about a lack of money and voting against development, which has seriously stunted the sport, to "keep costs down", when the reality is that financial mismanagement and an inability to find sponsors is why they are broke. Take force india, they look like they have loads of sponsors but when you look closely they really don't, even their title sponsor is one of the companies VJ used to own and it is unlikely that they actually get any money from them any more.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Sadly not, Peter Sauber and Monisha Kaltenborn (owns 33.3%) are not at the race this weekend because they are in Switzerland trying to sort out finances. We know this as fact because the FIA gave this as the reason they were not being fined for not attending the team principle's press conference.

I don't think the dislike of Sauber has anything to do with the team, Its Monisha people don't like and it's the same with force india and VJ/Lotus and whoever owned them. Constant bitching about a lack of money and voting against development, which has seriously stunted the sport, to "keep costs down", when the reality is that financial mismanagement and an inability to find sponsors is why they are broke. Take force india, they look like they have loads of sponsors but when you look closely they really don't, even their title sponsor is one of the companies VJ used to own and it is unlikely that they actually get any money from them any more.

i don't think mallya has any involvement with sahara, though you are right that they are not sponsors, they are just part owners.

regardless, it's indefensible to go out of your way to hate monisha when she has done nothing out of the ordinary for this sport. literally nothing at all. and to compare her to vijay, a literal criminal, is just insane.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
A comparison to Eddie Jordan might be more apt VJ may be a criminal but I don't think he's ever pissed the fans and paddock off like Eddie did. My point is that people were calling for Monisha to be fired, but no one wanted the team to fail like this, bought out by someone else like what happened with BMW yes, but not to lose them completely .

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Wait why don't we like VJ any more? I thought he was a good substitute Briatore.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Going out of your way to hate 95% of the people involved in F1 is a really important part of watching F1. Justifying your hatred without using the words "petulant" or "goblin" is the difficult part.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Haas has turned out to be downright endearing. His nice guy attitude, the good looking cars, and hell they can even drive! I'm impressed.

Vandoorne had a hell of a race too. Too bad Mclaren can't keep both cars running.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Haas has more reliable and faster cars than McLaren. Think about that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Wait why don't we like VJ any more? I thought he was a good substitute Briatore.

We liked him when he was getting away with owing billions because he was using that ill-gotten money to fund an F1 team, and as a result wasn't overly fussed if drivers came with big sponsorship packages or not. But he's broke now and unless the team gets bought by someone at the end of the year it's going to fold. :(

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Vijay is an old school f1 team owner, shuffling money around to barely keep his team afloat.

How do you make a small fortune in racing?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

runoverbobby posted:

Going out of your way to hate 95% of the people involved in F1 is a really important part of watching F1. Justifying your hatred without using the words "petulant" or "goblin" is the difficult part.
One of the more astute posts in the worst thread.

Dressing like an arab while wearing a gold and diamond chain icon of Jesus around his neck. MWDC 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

One of the more astute posts in the worst thread.

Dressing like an arab while wearing a gold and diamond chain icon of Jesus around his neck. MWDC 2016

Cultural appropriation much Lewis?

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
I'm not even sure which culture he's appropriating there.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So close...

In Islam Jesus is a prophet so having a Jesus pendant is totally ok, but the Quran categorically states that he was not crucified so having a Jesus pendant with him wearing a crown of thorns is staggeringly offensive. Someone might want to tell him that "Khaneeth el oood" does not mean "you look nice Lewis" after all.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 3, 2016

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

runoverbobby posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

runoverbobby posted:

Edit: So good it posted twice

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Lewis should do a prank video where he goes around London dressed like that driving a supercar and see if anyone recognizes him or if he just blends in with all the other rich Arabs.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
The Quran categorically states that failing to stop at the weighbridge is haram but reversing in the pitlane is only a warning.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Vettel is going to win this, i'm realy feeling it!

That didn't work out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

runoverbobby posted:

The Quran categorically states that failing to stop at the weighbridge is haram but reversing in the pitlane is only a warning.

and that not allowing Lewis to hoof you off the track when you have the racing line is punishable by death.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Are Dan is 3rd in the WDC :australia:

Good work Haas, just need a race where both of your cars finish.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

You Am I posted:

Are Dan is 3rd in the WDC :australia:

Good work Haas, just need a race where both of your cars finish.

They just need him to start the race to get that carlos slim money, why should they let him finish when big john is at least twice as good?

We're building a wall between him and the finish line, and making him pay for it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

you know, i'm pretty stupid and childish, but i guess i'm neither stupid nor childish enough to understand the mentality that, because sauber hosed over two drivers no one cares about, and in doing so did nothing more unethical than every F1 team does every year, that we should stand up and applaud the hypothetical death of a team that's been a respectable and competent member of the sport for 30 dang years.

i'm not applauding. it's a sad situation but they also deserve it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Haas is actually make Gutierrez look decent.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Remember when people were criticising Hamilton when he moved to Mercedes Grosjean when he moved to Haas? :v:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I don't think anyone was expecting Haas to be this good early on, drivers and team principals were talking up Toro Rosso and how good they were going to be before the season started but Haas has beaten them in both races.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The Haas F1 twitter is adorable https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team for all our cynicism about the sport it's nice to see a team just really gosh darn happy to be racing without any other agenda.

edit: Never change Rio fan, never change.

https://twitter.com/ManorF1FanBlog/status/716668415746961409

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 4, 2016

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Lol, from that link-- Haas has scored 18 points in their first two races ever while McLaren has 11 in their last 11 races. :kiddo:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

I don't think anyone was expecting Haas to be this good early on, drivers and team principals were talking up Toro Rosso and how good they were going to be before the season started but Haas has beaten them in both races.

yeah, for awhile the prevailing grosjean narrative was that it was a smart move bc he didn't even know if lotus/renault would exist in 2016. some people also suggested it would be an audition for kimi's seat in 2017.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The thinking probably was that at best Ferrari supported drivers have not ended up driving a Ferrari. Massa is really the only one who did and he was pretty much a B driver. If Grosjean wanted to drive for Ferrari I wouldn't have suggested going the Ferrari B team route, but then again he has been able to really showcase his talent at Haas where if he stayed with Renault he'd be puttering around with the Manors and Saubers right now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

realistically, if kimi leaves ferrari next year, who could they get better than grosjean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nobody, but do you think he'll be treated as Vettel's equal or another Massa?

Also Big Stof

• Locked thread