Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Sounds like MP Ramjet is going to be a pretty limited run, so if you want one, I wouldn't sleep on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Sounds like MP Ramjet is going to be a pretty limited run, so if you want one, I wouldn't sleep on it.

That's been the case the whole time, I thought. Takara webshop, run of 2000, so get onboard early or not at all? Or are you saying it's more limited than that?

What bothers me more are the reports of misassembled shoulders, mis-packed cluster bombs (some people are getting two of the same side) and other QC issues, all in the first few reviews to start popping up in Japan and on TFW. There's always a chance that the first few people got crappy ones, and the rest will be good, but sampling usually doesn't work like that.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

A couple of the local sellers are having trouble meeting their preorders because they're getting less than they expected, so I'd say it's more limited than that. Probably not more limited in the sense that they didn't make as many as they said they would, but because they limited the number of them being exported to overseas sellers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey if anyone here is even vaguely interested in the Cloud 9 QUakeblast (Shockwave) you should get on it. Cloud 9 announced hat the third run will be the final release of the figure. And at $80 it's a loving steal.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So instead of simply gazing adoringly at the various tat I have, I had a proper muckabout with some of them yesterday, transforming them for the first time in aaaaaaages and without referring to instructions. Ultra Magnus is just so goddamn clever, it's the amazing the way the cab panels form up and become almost a replica of MP10, in pure engineering terms he's a wonder. Though remembering what someone had said about snapping his crotchplate, I was very careful when moving it back and forth between positions. Got him and Hot Rod just hanging out together and they look so good.

Then I turned to Quakewave, put him in gun mode for a bit, then decided to change him back and that's where the trouble began - his left leg got completely stuck and refused to extend. After several attempts and nervous glances at the hip part, which looked like it was seriously straining, I dug out a tiny screwdriver to remove all the screws in the lower leg but even then the panels would barely prise open and it remained locked in place. In the end, I just turned the leg around a few times then gave it a sharp, sudden snap pull and thankfully it popped out but you can see marks all along the thigh where something inside caught and scratched the crap out of it. Then I read something today about someone with Quakeblast having the same problem this morning only their guy's leg came clean off and now I think I'm very much sold on MP Shockwave if only for having a completely different leg transformation to the other two that completely bypasses the issue.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Sentinel Red posted:

So instead of simply gazing adoringly at the various tat I have, I had a proper muckabout with some of them yesterday, transforming them for the first time in aaaaaaages and without referring to instructions. Ultra Magnus is just so goddamn clever, it's the amazing the way the cab panels form up and become almost a replica of MP10, in pure engineering terms he's a wonder. Though remembering what someone had said about snapping his crotchplate, I was very careful when moving it back and forth between positions. Got him and Hot Rod just hanging out together and they look so good.

Then I turned to Quakewave, put him in gun mode for a bit, then decided to change him back and that's where the trouble began - his left leg got completely stuck and refused to extend. After several attempts and nervous glances at the hip part, which looked like it was seriously straining, I dug out a tiny screwdriver to remove all the screws in the lower leg but even then the panels would barely prise open and it remained locked in place. In the end, I just turned the leg around a few times then gave it a sharp, sudden snap pull and thankfully it popped out but you can see marks all along the thigh where something inside caught and scratched the crap out of it. Then I read something today about someone with Quakeblast having the same problem this morning only their guy's leg came clean off and now I think I'm very much sold on MP Shockwave if only for having a completely different leg transformation to the other two that completely bypasses the issue.

That is exactly why my Quakewave will never see gun mode again. When mine got stuck I was hoping there was a leg release a la MP-10. I thought "that would make sense", but no dice. The screwdriver was the only solution.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Third party companies are obsessed with compressing the legs and not having a release button and as a weak baby man it drives me mad. I think Fanstoys' Swoop has them so them not adding one to the rerun of Shockwave annoys the heck out of me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Masterpiece Shockwave might just be my favorite Masterpiece figure. He's a glorious figure with a ton of fantastic engineering in him, a really clever and fun transformation, and he looks like he's straight out of the cartoon. Also, comes with a tiny gun version of himself and a hand to hold it with, plus a half dozen different hands and stuff. Pro buy.

(I know I need to dust his temporary perch)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Jesus, that Predaking is literally in scale with Shockwave

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Captain Invictus posted:

Masterpiece Shockwave might just be my favorite Masterpiece figure. He's a glorious figure with a ton of fantastic engineering in him, a really clever and fun transformation, and he looks like he's straight out of the cartoon. Also, comes with a tiny gun version of himself and a hand to hold it with, plus a half dozen different hands and stuff. Pro buy.

(I know I need to dust his temporary perch)

:aaaaa:

The dream. It lives on your dusty end table.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The way his legs come together is seriously crazy. They fill in any gaps there otherwise would be while retaining total articulation, the figure has a fair amount of diecast in it to provide heft and stability, the ankles are ratcheted and have tight tilts, the shoulders are ratcheted as well, and the "display stand" turns into a backpack to encase his otherwise extremely obviously kibble backpack barrel so that it's still a backpack, but a stylish one that it looks like his arm cannon hose plugs into(not exactly, but close enough).

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
It'll be so nice when he's released in a color besides "complementary lilac soap."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It looks excellent! Congrats Captain I.

Speaking of Masterpiece, I still think MP Primal is quite cool but my eyes keep going right to this every time:

I know it's a silly detail but those drat elbows man!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully someone will design an bit that accordions in and out to fill that gap, then puts it on Shapeways.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I kinda want that Predaking now. No place for him, though.

I also really want a proper MP Devastator. The official UW one is really close to being that but isn't quite there. I do have my Hasbro Devy on top of my MP detolf becayse I really have no other place to put him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Ditto. There's no way Devastator is fitting inside the Detolf without removing one of the glass shelves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The top of my detolfs has become the display spot for everything new that I purchase. It's a bit crowded right now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

I kinda want that Predaking now. No place for him, though.

I also really want a proper MP Devastator. The official UW one is really close to being that but isn't quite there. I do have my Hasbro Devy on top of my MP detolf becayse I really have no other place to put him.

Man, you were just having major financial issues recently, I dunno if you've figured'em out since, but it might be best if you stop buying transformers altogether, or unbookmark this thread so you're not tempted at least.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, you were just having major financial issues recently, I dunno if you've figured'em out since, but it might be best if you stop buying transformers altogether, or unbookmark this thread so you're not tempted at least.

Yeah. I'm not gonna get that Predaking. I'd like to, but I'm not. I literally have no space to put him anywhere.

MP Shockwave \ Ratchet \ Primal are basically the extent of what I'm getting because those ones I really can't live without.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Invictus: the voice of reason

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It is just plastic dude, you can definitely live without it.

*buys hella toys*

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Now that more people are getting their hands on MP Shockwave, I am definitely wanting one more. If it was more in the 80-90 range, it'd probably be an instant buy for me. Alas, I'll just have to live with Quakewave (who I totally enjoy, but I'm greedy).

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

It is just plastic dude, you can definitely live without it.

*buys hella toys*

If you skip enough stuff you get inertia. I've managed to sit out Combiner Wars entirely. It's not ideal, but I was looking at a full set of combaticons right before christmas and couldn't pull the trigger. I'm like "why start now?"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Remember when Fans Toys kicked off the Dinobot Wars with Masterpiece Slag? Well they've spun off a new company called Perfect Fusion to release... a Masterpiece Slag. They've said this is the only Dinobot this new company will produce, so I guess it's like their do-over line? It looks good, but I don't know that it's another $200 good. The back of the Triceratops mode definitely looks better and less stretched-out, but I like Scoria's head and articulated tail better.

Comparison pictures stolen from some dude on TFW2005.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

strangehamster posted:

Captain Invictus: the voice of reason

I just hate seeing folks feel like they need something totally optional. Sorry if that's me being overbearing.

Gamma, you don't NEED toys. Remember that. They are tertiary things third to your wellbeing and household, once you've got that poo poo figured out, you can start thinking about buying extravagances like toys

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's right. It's not even like you can really "miss" these new toys forever. There will always be ways of getting them later, reissued or whatever. If you are really trying to be responsible with spending just cut that off for now, there will be time for plastic toys later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

He's right. It's not even like you can really "miss" these new toys forever. There will always be ways of getting them later, reissued or whatever. If you are really trying to be responsible with spending just cut that off for now, there will be time for plastic toys later.

Tell that to people trying to buy Quickslinger and Brake Neck right now.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Tell that to people trying to buy Quickslinger and Brake Neck right now.

You can buy them. You'll just be paying a lot more than retail for them. Outside of stuff like the Lucky Draw figures and the characters afflicted with GPS, there's very little in the TF line's history that's unattainable at any price. Phrasing it like that, it occurs to me that gold and this franchise just don't play well together, it seems.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nobody has ever died from not being able to buy a transformer afaik.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sounds like you just wrote a lost episode of 24.

"No, you listen to me! If I don't get my hands on a mint-in-sealed-box G1 Superion Gift Set in the next thirty-six minutes and twenty-nine seconds, millions of people are going to die!"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I just hate seeing folks feel like they need something totally optional. Sorry if that's me being overbearing.

Gamma, you don't NEED toys. Remember that. They are tertiary things third to your wellbeing and household, once you've got that poo poo figured out, you can start thinking about buying extravagances like toys

No, no, you're fine.

Basically I think the best motivator to not spend money on stupid toys is to think of TJ Omega, Sean Long etc. who have all gone broke buying toys and try to do the opposite of whatever they'd do.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

I agree, but it's easy to agree when you're already in arm's reach of Metalhawk, Liokaiser, and Overlord. :smug:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Went out to a vintage toy store today, grabbed myself an original Rhinox (missing half his faceplate/mask thing, and his weapons), a Generations Thrust (with instructions, but no accessories), and three of the little Thrilling 30 blindpacked dudes (G1 and Prime Megatron, and Prime Ratchet). Fifty euro all told. Might get the anniversary Rhinox at some point, but hey, if that happens, I can just sell the other one.
They also had a 1996 Megatron in pretty meh shape, and a pretty great-looking Thunderclash for 130 euro (could prob. have him for 110 or something, but that's out of my budget right now). Not to mention two Generations Acid Storms, a Starscream, and a Universe Cyclonus (25 euro too, not too bad).
And on the way back, I stopped by a plain old toy store where they had CW Hot Spot! I had been wanting him for a while, and the other store that had him no longer DID have him when I checked, so it was pleasant to find him out of the blue.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

When I have time, I'm going to make a big for sale list once I figure out everything I have to sell. A few bigger ticket items are going to be Fansproject Menasor, Bruticus, that WFC Bruticus combiner with the upgraded Onslaught, some Fansproject \ Toyworld Headmasters, maybe all my WFC\FoC stuff because I don't really need them and some botcon stuff.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Been messing around with Shockwave for the last day or so and I really like him!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Gammatron 64 posted:

When I have time, I'm going to make a big for sale list once I figure out everything I have to sell. A few bigger ticket items are going to be Fansproject Menasor, Bruticus, that WFC Bruticus combiner with the upgraded Onslaught, some Fansproject \ Toyworld Headmasters, maybe all my WFC\FoC stuff because I don't really need them and some botcon stuff.

I still have to do this with a my excess nerd junk too. Especially now that I've had to replace a dying video card. Working modern vc trumped finally getting a Takara Devy, no contest.

Money may be tight, but, my good robo-goons, I can actually budget worth a drat these days. If not perfectly. Cool life change.

For now I just live vicariously through all the cool robot pics you folk post. I figure this gives me long term reviews and the time to make a master of list of want I will actually want when resources and space permits.

I am a ghost typing this right now. Dead of a broken-from-no-Titan-Devastator heart. Shows what you know. :ghost:

therealjon_ posted:

Been messing around with Shockwave for the last day or so and I really like him!

Nice. He is going to look good with my CHUG and *Wars guys someday.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn't like the pastel violet shockwave at first but he's grown on me. Gonna buy that shockwave.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/05/hand-images-pictorial-review-xiaomi-mi-pad-2-soundwave-312486

Okay, that's kind of cute. Though the picture of the back of the pad is kind of funny.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That box image looks like one of those semi stock poses they put on Gundam models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

That box image looks like one of those semi stock poses they put on Gundam models.

Yeah, it's the Aile Strike pose. (There's probably other Gundam kits that use it but that's the first one I thought of when you mentioned it.)