Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I know Japan is way behind the US when it comes to app development, but this is ridiculous. I wonder if they did any QA at all. It's taking over 30 seconds to add a friend now.

E: Another super lovely feature is how if your screen sleeps or you go to another app, when you come back it has to reload, even if you were only gone a second. Just plain bad.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Heads up, I am about to add a lot of people! SAVideoGames will be the one who does this.

EDIT: Phew! That was fun.

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 3, 2016

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Late to the party, but added everyone from the OP

https://twitter.com/fryhtaning

shadowobsessed
Jul 1, 2010

No worms on the bed!
Does anyone know if it's possible to change your Miitomo room/the musical theme it plays when others come to visit? It seems to me that my friends have different wall/floor decorations and songs. Is it just random?

I also hope that they'll add more mini-games or different types of activities to it soon. I wouldn't mind paying.

I was going to ask if I know you, since I live near that brewery and am also into Bemani (as per your avatar), but then I remembered that they're huge and distribute everywhere now.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

shadowobsessed posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to change your Miitomo room/the musical theme it plays when others come to visit? It seems to me that my friends have different wall/floor decorations and songs. Is it just random?

I also hope that they'll add more mini-games or different types of activities to it soon. I wouldn't mind paying.

I'm pretty sure the room layout (and maybe the music) are based on the Mii's personality.

As for activities... it's likely they'll leave the activities as-is. If Nintendo is planning on releasing 5 complimentary smartphone apps by the end of the year, they're probably going to keep each one in its own niche.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Waltzing Along posted:

I know Japan is way behind the US when it comes to app development, but this is ridiculous. I wonder if they did any QA at all. It's taking over 30 seconds to add a friend now.

E: Another super lovely feature is how if your screen sleeps or you go to another app, when you come back it has to reload, even if you were only gone a second. Just plain bad.

i havent been able to get my friends list to load at all for the past day. so anyone that's been following @theomallybird, I'm sorry, I can't add you at the moment

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
It doesn't feel as bad as Blizzard game launch day levels of connections problems, but yeah.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

i have 800 friends and it doesnt really work well when i try to cancel a friend request i sent so i can accept one that has been sent to me
but my friends list and all the requests sent to me still load in about 5 seconds on 4g or wifi
on an iphone 5s
not sure what is wrong with your phones / connections guys

e: is everyone else starting to stagnate around 9/10 style/popularity
i think i spent too much on plinko plays and didnt but enough clothes from the store. there seems to be a hard limit to style points you can get from reusing an item in outfits
also i think i need to get more responses or hearts instead of more raw friend count

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 3, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

zolthorg posted:

i have 800 friends and it doesnt really work well when i try to cancel a friend request i sent so i can accept one that has been sent to me
but my friends list and all the requests sent to me still load in about 5 seconds on 4g or wifi
on an iphone 5s
not sure what is wrong with your phones / connections guys

I've tried both and I have a very fast wifi connection. Doesn't make a difference. The loading circle just spins till it times out.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

shadowobsessed posted:

I was going to ask if I know you, since I live near that brewery and am also into Bemani (as per your avatar), but then I remembered that they're huge and distribute everywhere now.

Haha yea, I'm over in Florida. A local brewery just opened up pretty nearby, so my obsession with Lagunitas is waning as of late.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I've been answering a ton of questions, but it seems like I've just stopped leveling up. I'm 8, barely a pixel away from 9. How are other people so high? The first couple days I was leveling every couple hours, but it's really slowed down.

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
https://twitter.com/Mazrim1215

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/steakmancer

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I just bought a virtual trilby because I thought it would be funny.

I have a problem.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Loading failed. Tap here to try again.

1 minute later:

1 minute later:

1 minute later:

1 minute later:

gently caress this poo poo. I've seen my friends screen like 5 times today.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep5dpNlmN0U

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This owns

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
May I also get in on this?

Twitter link: https://twitter.com/anneonymous79

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Been adding everyone in an attempt to look mii-cool
https://twitter.com/TG_Chrono

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
This game needs more content :whitewater:

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Avocados posted:

This game needs more content :whitewater:

New drop drops when?

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Pal me up:

https://twitter.com/eajmartin

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

they're either doing regional hotswapping for servers or doing maintenance to the friendlist server somehow because i now finally haven't been able to access my friends list all day and i doubt it was the difference between having 810 friends or 815 friends

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
For those grinding up platinum points, the Weekly challenges (like logging in to Miiverse and the eshop) rolled over today.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I don't suppose there's a way to filter the Recommended Friends down to just Twitter followers or whatever? I've got so many recommended friends based on mutual friends that I can't find specific people.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

jivjov posted:

For those grinding up platinum points, the Weekly challenges (like logging in to Miiverse and the eshop) rolled over today.

Also having this issue. I have friends that I know are playing on Facebook and I can't friend them because all I see are mutual recommends.

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't suppose there's a way to filter the Recommended Friends down to just Twitter followers or whatever? I've got so many recommended friends based on mutual friends that I can't find specific people.

You can do those more than once?

Has anyone else not gotten the everybody answers question? My girlfriend got it, but I haven't yet. I don't want to miss it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I haven't yet. You'd think the notification would take you straight to it.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I played Disney Magic Kingdoms for a couple days, but didn't get any of the special in-game offers my girlfriend got. So I'm worried something might be wrong with my phone that keeps me from getting stuff like that.

But then I figured Gameloft probably just sucks at making games and I uninstalled Magic Kingdoms.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Unmature posted:

You can do those more than once?

Yeah; "visit eshop" "visit Miiverse", "visit my Nintendo homepage" and "visit Nintendo.com" are weekly

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I added drat near everybody in the big list in the OP, hopefully some of yall add me back

https://twitter.com/jski

InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS
I'll happily friend folks - https://twitter.com/InstReplayLive

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

jivjov posted:

Yeah; "visit eshop" "visit Miiverse", "visit my Nintendo homepage" and "visit Nintendo.com" are weekly

What do you mean by "visit Nintendo.com"? I don't see that anywhere.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Alxprit posted:

What do you mean by "visit Nintendo.com"? I don't see that anywhere.

Its a hidden mission. If you visit Nintendo.com while logged in to your My Nintendo account, you get 20 or 30 platinum points

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Might be US only. I don't think I'm getting anything from going to the UK site.

e: vvvvvv So there is! cool poo poo

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 4, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sudden Javelin posted:

Might be US only. I don't think I'm getting anything from going to the UK site.

Check your Points history; there's not even a notification for it, your Platinum points just go up and an entry is put in the history for it. (Or, it may just be US)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

jivjov posted:

Thanks, I forgot those were weekly and was wondering if it would even be possible to buy both Picross and Warioware. Getting an extra 100 per week makes that easy.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
You can use the "Loadr Daily Links" extension for Chrome to help you remember to automatically open Miiverse, Nintendo, and My Nintendo every week.
The eShop mission has to be completed on a 3DS or Wii U, though.

Edit: If you're a little more proactive, you can just make a folder in your Bookmarks that contains the Nintendo URLs. Then, if you right-click on it, you can open the whole folder of links in a new window. Middle-clicking on it will open all links in your current window (in new tabs, of course).

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 4, 2016

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

I'm pissed that all of this came out like two weeks after I ponied up for FE:Fates, and I had just bought Revelation last week. I want my points :argh:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh look an excuse to share a thing.
https://twitter.com/Deewhydeeecks/status/716982252173795329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Is anyone else having issues receiving replies from your friends? I can see their likes and comments on my recent activity tab but when I click on my own mii or visitors, I only get more questions. I know one particular friend has answered at least a dozen questions but when I visit them it reports 1 seen, 0 unseen.

• Locked thread