Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Comstar posted:

What's the "black swan event"?

Vale was an over-extension, but if Deklien does not fall, I agree, it should be easy to take back afterwards, it depends who goes to live there. Who is moving in right now?

What are the defectors going? If C02/SMA etc etc just defect and start attacking their ex-allies from their current homes, that would remove a lot of the front lines and lead straight to Deklien. Is that happening?

"Black Swan event" = miracle to save the CFC.

TEST seems to be moving into Vale atm, but we'll see in the longer run.

Horde seems to have picked up a decent amount of ex-SMA. Haven't heard anything about the other alliances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Goatman Sacks posted:

Does sisi not register a resubbed account until the next mirror? I want to play with my aeon

correct: either wait till the next mirror, go through the torture of talking to CCP Support to reactivate it, or brave the cesspools that are the forums and post in the sisi thread.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is interesting to me. I only have the desire to play one character. I don't want to multibox and I don't want to have alts. I just want to get in a big Star Destroyer esque ship and slug it out with other ships. Will the new capital changes make that a viable and, god forbid, fun thing to do?

Don't want this to get lost. :shobon:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Bro don't be ungoony

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Don't want this to get lost. :shobon:

The gist is that as long as you're playing with an organized group you can be fine. I'm playing with a single account right now and it's nbd, just need to rely on friends to move poo poo around.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

dragonstalking posted:

"Black Swan event" = miracle to save the CFC.

I don't think it's a miracle, but rather something outside of the normal fleet battles which will decide the war.

In the great war killing shrike's titan (really the first non-bug titan kill) was a massive morale boost, and it only really happened cause molle was being dumb and didn't understand the new mechanics.

The second great war had the disbanding of BoB, which really kicked the whole thing off.

Goonswarm has also been on the losing side of these, such as the loss of delve due to AFK directors.

The reality is that goonswarm has been ascendant for about 6 years now, straight from being rock-bottom, non-sov holding after the loss of delve and the failed invasion of CR, with the only real threat in that time being the 2011 "invasion" of deklein after the NC had collapsed. It'll be interesting to see what happens if either side can't win but a stalemate is forced, since most wars in eve for about the past 8 years have focused on total annihilation.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

pugnax posted:

The gist is that as long as you're playing with an organized group you can be fine. I'm playing with a single account right now and it's nbd, just need to rely on friends to move poo poo around.

Yeah but will Dread fights still be once in a blue moon jabber pings or will there be regular battles with them?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Bro don't be ungoony

Lol what's your alliance tag again, pubbie?

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 4, 2016

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

crew posted:

The worst thing we could possibly do is to keep trying to fight their blob. You let them form up 3000 nerds and then blueball them, then blueball them, then blueball them some more.

This doesn't work when the enemy is on the offence. You can blueball when you're taking someones sov, because you can just go take it somewhere else and laugh, but when they are knocking on the front door hiding behind the couch giggling just results in a broken door.

Years of making GBS threads all over the rest of the game is going to finally catch up with the CFC, which would be so fantastic if the guys on the other side weren't a bunch of meme-spewing idiots who are going to succeed by virtue of sheer numbers and nerd rage.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

abigserve posted:

This doesn't work when the enemy is on the offence. You can blueball when you're taking someones sov, because you can just go take it somewhere else and laugh, but when they are knocking on the front door hiding behind the couch giggling just results in a broken door.

Years of making GBS threads all over the rest of the game is going to finally catch up with the CFC, which would be so fantastic if the guys on the other side weren't a bunch of meme-spewing idiots who are going to succeed by virtue of sheer numbers and nerd rage.

And free money

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

abigserve posted:

There's a reason we hosed with these idiots so much - they deserved it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

abigserve posted:

Years of making GBS threads all over the rest of the game is going to finally catch up with the CFCBand of Brothers, which would be so fantastic if the guys on the other side weren't a bunch of meme-spewing idiots who are going to succeed by virtue of sheer numbers and nerd rage.

This reminds me so much of the old days in the South.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Comstar posted:

This reminds me so much of the old days in the South.

This is what i've been begging for for years

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

TEST seems to be moving into Vale atm, but we'll see in the longer run

This means they have no plan

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Uq9 is in the hands of an alliance with a pony logo. What is this poo poo.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

abigserve posted:

Sure it does, all they wanna do is flip a station, a system a region and say: "Look guys we did it!" "Op success! We did the unthinkable and took sov from the cfc!"

They have no plan a month from now, 2 months or even 6 months from now. Their only plan is dank frags and gudfites. When you give them a big huge fight thats what they want. They cannot stop us from taking back whatever they flip.

Fozziesov is easy come easy go whereas in dominion, nothing would flip for the first couple months then all of a sudden everything flips because the defender gave up. Yall are thinking of this defense in dominion terms with a massive helping of ego.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Uq9 is in the hands of an alliance with a pony logo. What is this poo poo.

Uh ueah those are the good guys havent you heard

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lol what's your alliance tag again, pubbie?

Better than yours lolololol

grumpy
Aug 30, 2004

crew posted:

Sure it does, all they wanna do is flip a station, a system a region and say: "Look guys we did it!" "Op success! We did the unthinkable and took sov from the cfc!"

They have no plan a month from now, 2 months or even 6 months from now. Their only plan is dank frags and gudfites. When you give them a big huge fight thats what they want. They cannot stop us from taking back whatever they flip.

Fozziesov is easy come easy go whereas in dominion, nothing would flip for the first couple months then all of a sudden everything flips because the defender gave up. Yall are thinking of this defense in dominion terms with a massive helping of ego.

Bingo. This entire 'war' is nothing more than resetting ADMs. The /r/eve war will be won and cfc will take back what they want. The rag-tag band of IWI whores won't sustain this and sure as hell won't hold sov since zkillboard doesn't tabulate that.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but will Dread fights still be once in a blue moon jabber pings or will there be regular battles with them?

Haha, well, not sure. That's really up to whatever system your group has for deciding doctrines and whoever is up for FCing, I suppose. I don't know anything about capswarm, but I expect that dreads will be used often, especially since they function like suitcases and will be more suitable for a player's first capital.

e: It's also worth noting that citadels are only one of many new structures that are coming out over then next year or so to replace the last of the dreaded pos code, and all of them will be destructible. Dreads will be the workhorses.

pugnax fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 4, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well I'll only be able to actually commit to getting back into Eve sometime in the mid summer since Im going to get very busy soon. But until then I think I will resub and train all the skills I need so that I'm good to go by then. Hopefully Goons will either have won the war or found a new couch to crash on.

Or far more likely I'll change my mind like I always do and not start playing this goddamn game again. Either or.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

pugnax posted:

Haha, well, not sure. That's really up to whatever system your group has for deciding doctrines and whoever is up for FCing, I suppose. I don't know anything about capswarm, but I expect that dreads will be used often, especially since they function like suitcases and will be more suitable for a player's first capital.

e: It's also worth noting that citadels are only one of many new structures that are coming out over then next year or so to replace the last of the dreaded pos code, and all of them will be destructible. Dreads will be the workhorses.

Though I believe the damage a citadel could take capped at something like two dreads didn't it?

The idea being that people fight over them rather than ninja reinforce them and then flee like they do with POSes.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It depends on whether the mechanics can be gamed to the attacker or the owner's advantage. Unlike sov where entosis burden was magically converted overnight, we get to pick.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

crew posted:

This is also what pubbies don't really get about fighting goons. You don't go to war with goons for a month, declare victory, then go home. You have to be ready to commit to a protracted fight to the death where goons do their best to make the war as miserable as possible, and if your coalition motivation is 'grr goons' that's not gonna cut it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
FCON evacuating (posted to R/Eve by a NC. guy but it sounds legitimate).

quote:

BROADCAST TO all

Looks like you guys fought tooth and nail today. Losing sucks, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. We appear to have drawn the focus of everyone onto us because of our ability to form large numbers solo. Guess we were too good for our own good lol.

But seriously, being on the losing end of a war isn't fun. But we can survive this. The only 2 things that can truly kill an alliance are apathy and drama. You have all been incredibly resilient so far, and I trust that we can continue to stand firm despite tough times.

Anyways, we'll have new marching orders tonight. FCON's vuln timers are all going to AU tz starting tonight so no more major sov defenses in EU tz (though we might hit the newly aquired hostile structures in branch in their vulns which appear to be EU).

Evacuate personal and corporate non-pvp assets out of branch. Coordinate with your corporations and the skyteam to SAFELY move caps, and other large, expensive vessels. Do so in the safest possible methods you can think of, everyone and their mother will be looking for easy kills. We will announce a new staging system in branch to hold the line and cover moving of assets out. We aren't done yet in Branch, but now is the time to protect your ability to fight from a new home if we need to.

We may lose Branch in the end, but we will still be FCON. We've done a lot this week to be proud of, and I can't wait to see what we can accomplish going forward.

SMA corps are reported to be joining the MBC and entosing their own stations, though I don't see any reliable info saying that.

Is this what it felt like, back when SirMolle had lost his Titan, and his allies in RISE, Executive Outcomes etc were fleeing the south before the end of 1st Great War at the gates of Delve? Sure reminds me reading of it.

Magres posted:

This is also what pubbies don't really get about fighting goons. You don't go to war with goons for a month, declare victory, then go home. You have to be ready to commit to a protracted fight to the death where goons do their best to make the war as miserable as possible, and if your coalition motivation is 'grr goons' that's not gonna cut it.

Like the 1st Great War? BoB was beaten across the entire map from the east to the west, before stopping and holding in Delve, before the Red Swarm had to give up and retreat from the gates. That was a different sov type though, but the same thing happened the last time the Barbarians got to the VFK gates. Same space too. I don't know what's going to happen.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 4, 2016

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
i thought fcon peaced out months ago

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
listen if they evaccing, shoot their poo poo. the true goon way or something I was told

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Comstar posted:

SMA corps are reported to be joining the MBC and entosing their own stations, though I don't see any reliable info saying that.

Is this what it felt like, back when SirMolle had lost his Titan, and his allies in RISE, Executive Outcomes etc were fleeing the south before the end of 1st Great War at the gates of Delve? Sure reminds me reading of it.

Like the 1st Great War? BoB was beaten across the entire map from the east to the west, before stopping and holding in Delve, before the Red Swarm had to give up and retreat from the gates. That was a different sov type though, but the same thing happened the last time the Barbarians got to the VFK gates. Same space too. I don't know what's going to happen.

~didn't want those regions anyways~

overextended, shedding weight, getting ready for a comeback, consolidating: choose your excuse in the next broadcast

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
someone told me goons were losing it had better not be true just sayin

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Comstar posted:

The difference is that back in the 1st Great War the Sov Mechanics made it essentially impossible to actually take Delve once BoB got their poo poo together. Even after MC reset them and we vastly outnumbered them we just could not make real headway into Delve after months of trying. I lost so many Megathrons to triple doomsdays jumping through gates. Once we lost what little space we had managed to take in Delve we tried basing out of NPC Delve and lol that failed miserably and the Great War ended. So in the end BoB was right with the Fortress Delve poo poo or whatever they called it. From what I see here I don't think that Dek is anywhere near as defensible due to the current sov mechanics.

So this ain't good.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Magres posted:

The secret trick to making everyone give up and go away: make a bunch of loud blurf and lose three big fights in a row; spew some "freed from the shackles" nonsense and tell everyone to "have fun with timers and killing all querns' towers," and play dead for a week or two. Then come back and retake everything.

"made you declare victory-is-inevitable"

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The difference is that back in the 1st Great War the Sov Mechanics made it essentially impossible to actually take Delve once BoB got their poo poo together. Even after MC reset them and we vastly outnumbered them we just could not make real headway into Delve after months of trying. I lost so many Megathrons to triple doomsdays jumping through gates. Once we lost what little space we had managed to take in Delve we tried basing out of NPC Delve and lol that failed miserably and the Great War ended. So in the end BoB was right with the Fortress Delve poo poo or whatever they called it. From what I see here I don't think that Dek is anywhere near as defensible due to the current sov mechanics.

So this ain't good.

Even if GSF loses everything it's definitely not the end. I don't think that the current group has any illusions or aspirations about doing anything together beyond smacking ~the imperium~ around, and if GSF+some friends go looking for new space it will probably reinvigorate the game a lot.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Better than yours lolololol

The Seibestor tribe isn't a member of any intergalactic alliances, friends

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Landsknecht posted:

Even if GSF loses everything it's definitely not the end. I don't think that the current group has any illusions or aspirations about doing anything together beyond smacking ~the imperium~ around, and if GSF+some friends go looking for new space it will probably reinvigorate the game a lot.

Why would we even have to look for new space? It's not like even if we are driven out of Dek that anyone of substance is going to move in. Nobody else in the game is interested in being a SOV owner. We could just love back in while the Reddit up vote parade is in full swing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Are the Drone Russians friendly to Goons? I've never understood a single thing about that region or the alliances that inhabit it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
The Imperium has too many summer children anyway.

Winter is coming. Lets see who's left when the next summer arrives.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are the Drone Russians friendly to Goons? I've never understood a single thing about that region or the alliances that inhabit it.

Russians are mysterious creatures, the things that motivate them are almost wholly unknown beyond a desire to multibox rat with capitals as much as possible.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

IF GSF losses this war I really really hope we don't go the messaging route of how we're actually better off now because we've rid ourselves of the dead weight. Just say we got beat, it sucks, lets get back at it.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Syndic Thrass posted:

The Seibestor tribe isn't a member of any intergalactic alliances, friends

i can't troll you even about internet spaceships, you got me hosed up and kept me sane. You my homie 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Why would we even have to look for new space? It's not like even if we are driven out of Dek that anyone of substance is going to move in. Nobody else in the game is interested in being a SOV owner. We could just love back in while the Reddit up vote parade is in full swing.

Dek's kinda in an awkward place? you prettmuch need to own fade/pb if you want to own dek, and probably even some of tribute. While the threat of people hotdropping stuff is reduced cause of the jump changes, you don't have the same "if we want x, we need to also hold y+z" in a place like fountain or delve+querious.

• Locked thread