Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Master Twig posted:

So apparently this is the list that won the Championships at Adepticon.

... :psyduck:

This looks like loving Power Rangers or some poo poo. Different dudes with different coloured costumes, running around on bikes with signature weapons. All they needed was a loving Zord to stand as a Knight Titan and that'd be it!

I... I don't have enough ducks to represent the headache this gives me, just from looking at it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, that is one weird list. I don't think I should ever enter a tournament, I am way too interested in the fluff to run something like that.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I don't even know how half of that poo poo is supposed to work with half of that other poo poo. Like what does Azrael even do for that list? He's not on a bike or wolf so he's gonna be trudging along next to everybody else.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think he's in the squad as a cheap iron halo for everyone involved. He slows them up a little, but they can always leave him behind if necessary.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

According to someone in a channel I'm in that list isn't even legal

[01:31] he used lone wolves as his compulsory elites for the CotGW detachment, but lone wolves do not count as taking slots and can not count for that
[01:31] also, someone said he underpointed his sanguinary priest
[01:31] but the bigger deal is that he got those delicious iron priests without paying the tax for them
[01:35] cuz the elites tax in the wolf book is a real thing now

I haven't kept up with all the formation nonsense so I've no idea if that's accurate or not

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
First round of the Team Tourney Update:
Current Drink: Jim Beam
Army One: Victory 30-0
Army Two: Update Victory 30-0

Highlight: Buddies WK one-shotted a Typhon LoW tank on turn 1 and the ensuing blast killed enough bikers in the big command squad to force them to flee off the board.

Boon fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 2, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So this is my last post of selling poo poo, but I've got an old Ork army I'm offloading because I only need one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262365930402?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
There were 2000 points on the dot in the old codex, but it's probably closer to 1500 or 1850 now. So here are Da Dezz'urt Ratz, all painted unless otherwise noted:

- Warboss with power klaw and shoota
- Big Mek with Kustom Mega Blasta
- Lootas x15
- Kommandos x15
- Nobz x10
- Grots x12
- Slugga boyz x30
- Shoota boyz x30
- 'Ardboyz with sluggas x12
- Battlewagon with deffrolla and 4x big shootas (all removable)
- Looted Rhino with turret from a battlewagon
- Trukk
- Stormboyz x10 (5 are primed black, 5 are painted)
- Looted Dreadnought (unpainted)
Army includes Sabol foam and case.

Shootas

Sluggas

Nobz n grots

Motor pool

Stormboyz, boss, and Dred

Lootas

Kommandos

Ardboyz

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I got the last Russ that I needed to field the Emperor's Fist formation:cenobite:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I didn't see the winning list in action but I could've swore, I've heard about it before. Like SRM I'm not familiar with a lot of this stuff to know where the synergies lie. Must be some sort of gimmick, I'm sure.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Game Two Team Tourney Update:
Current Drink: Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager, Jim Beam and Redbull
Army One: Tie 15-15
Army Two: Victory 20-10

Highlight: Buddies WK one-shotted opposing IK on turn 1. He's going for the trifecta

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PierreTheMime posted:

That is honestly not a very intimidating list, at least from a Tyranids perspective. It's a ton of points into relatively squishy MEq bodies with a somewhat muddled purpose. It's nice to see something win that's not a ridiculous formation, I suppose.

I'd like to see that go up against a Typhon

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Master Twig posted:

So apparently this is the list that won the Championships at Adepticon.

I am presuming the librarians were there to try and roll invisibility?

Beyond that, isn't there some kind of relic landspeeder thing you could put in that list to get extra cover saves? I seem to recall facing a list sort of like that in the past.

Beyond that it seems perfectly built to eat Tau players at least.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

I'd like to see that go up against a Typhon

I'm guessing he banked on invisibility with the conclave and using it to cast it easier. Being immune to blasts would do the trick.
Plus screams for daaaaays

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

What is actually going to do the killing in that list though? I can see a bunch of scouts to cap objectives and a ton of characters, but no heavy weapons. I'm guessing all rules for the different chapters stack up in some barely fathomable, deeply tedious manner.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Psy scream, S10 hammers, the fists and claws, rending attacks+plasma talons on the Ravenwing squad, and they get hit and run from the white scars librarians I think so they won't be locked down.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

APOCALYPSE TRIP REPORT
INCOMING IMAGE-BOMB

The might of Waaagh! Grimmgob bears down upon a blasphemous altar, a vital conduit of the Tzeentch daemon cult's reality-bending energy nexus! Will the rampaging orks of Da Eery Moonz triumph over certain psychic destruction, or will the insidious coven of Tzeentch weather the onslaught and preserve their darkly powerful monument??

Our apocalypse game this year was the final game in a 2-player escalation campaign, 11 games in total starting at 500 points. We both used the same warlords the whole time, so my big mek (usually inside a morkanaut) got some good rivalry going with the opposing terminator sorceror. I used a set of rules posted here by The Chirurgeon (thanks muchly!) and modified them with some inspiration from Necromunda for a territory system. One of the territories that was claimed right at the beginning was the chaos altar, which bestowed d3+4 warp charges in the owner's psychic phase instead of the usual d6. Along with some other psychic upgrades it made the chaos psychic phase very impressive and quite deadly, which the orks struggled with as I didn't bring in any psykers until the very end. The orks ended up with two territories that sometimes generated small mutant rabbles for your next game, who had some good use as tarpits as they fought with the orks against those who had hideously warped them. We chose to end the campaign with a 6000 point game, representing the two opposing sides finally calling upon higher aid to crush their foes once and for all.

I took a bunch of photos, and here they are! The lighting was a little dire because the board size necessitated that we use my buddy's "only slightly" scary basement, complete with a few different kinds of flourescent lights, so that's why the color is a bit screwy.

The board before deployment. In the middle is the altar, on which there were two objectives. Three others were along the center crease, and the last one by the ruins to the top right. Both sides took two strategic assets by purchasing one additional each with leftover campaign experience points. We rolled the "Final Assault" mission, which seemed pretty fitting. The attackers always get the first turn and a free orbital strike (which was never used), but the objectives in the defender's table half are worth double.

The chaos army is the defender, and sets up first. Two blobs of Tzeentch-marked terminators form the front line, backed up by a patchwork gathering of renegade militarum, cultists, chaos marines, and daemon engines. Several squads of assorted Tzeentch daemons are ready in deep strike reserves.
The ork army is divided into two main assault wings: the dred mob at the top and the wagons at the bottom. The stompa serves as the anchor between them, and some big gunz and lootaz back them up from behind. Three jets, a grot mega-tank, and a big mob of boyz (outflanking thanks to campaign upgrades) await in reserve.

A view from the other end of the board before the first turn. Of particular note: the land raider is empty! The tiny squad of three mutants at the bottom right came from one of the orks' territories, and are so hideous they have to stay away from even the greenskins.

Big mek Klanga, in his kustom morkanaut at middle-left, sights his old terminator sorceror adversary behind the altar, between a chimera and maulerfiend.

The orkish artillery sets up around a magnetized sarlacc crater I made for a D&D encounter.

A view from behind the chaos lines. Who could that mysterious and powerful sorceror be?

It's Ahriman! Wearing classy pre-heresy colors, he has made landfall to lend eldritch assistance to this important battle! He is nominated as the chaos warmaster. He's feeling like throwing around his many witchfires using the magical horde's intense amount of warp charge, so he daringly joins a terimator squad on the front lines.

Megaboss Grimmgob, realizing the fantastic possibilty of an insane brawl, has also rallied to assist Klanga, his favorite big mek. He is nominated as the ork warmaster. From atop his battlewagon he spies Ahriman and vows to krump the master psyker as soon as possible, to show everyone that magic is for weedy gitz!

The orks have the first turn, and rampage forth!

The air support arrives precisely on time.

Grimmgob and his megapals easily close the distance and assault the terminator squad, the megaboss immediately invoking his finest hour, as the rest of the wagons attempt to get in on the action. Grimmgob rolls on the most useful exemplar table and receives another strategic asset, which he immediately uses to nominate Ahriman as a "trophy kill" worth 3 VP!

The combat is an absolute landslide. Despite the improved invulnerable saves of ten Tzeentch terminators, the squad is annihilated by Grimmgob's retinue and Ahriman is taken out before having a turn at all! The ork side claims the 3 VP from the trophy kill asset as well as 1 VP for slaying a warmaster. The baffling nature of the decision to deploy Ahriman up front, within easy charge range of the orkish front line, and with knowledge of the orks gauranteed first turn, begins to dawn on the chaos side and deeply affects morale. Their leadership now relies on the old terminator sorceror, himself in a similarly dangerous position!

The megapals consolidate, and it seems as if they'll be facing overwhelming firepower in the chaos turn.

But wait! The orks reveal their next asset, which summons a barrage of line-of-sight blocking smoke from an overhead aircraft! They may yet live to krump on.

Demonic reinforcements arrive on the chaos turn.

The maulerfiend creeps across the altar to attempt to rescue the sorceror from the encroaching dred mob.

The board is starting to fill up with all manner of weird gribblies and fat clanking machines. Despite some minor victories on their turn the chaos side still faces an intimidating and ever-closer horde of orks.

A looted big trakk decides the best shots can be had from atop the sarlacc, so squishes it.

The quieter side of the board is joined by the grot mega-tank, which does an admirable job of thinning out the horror squad with eight grotzooka blasts.

The big ork mob arrives from the messiest flank to assist the megaboss. Grimmgob himself wastes no time, using his final asset "ere we go, ladz!" and charging his retinue foward into a renegade squad, a CSM squad, and a chimera! They wreck the tank and renegades wholly, but only manage to drive away the marines after challenging out their champion.

More chaos demonic reinforements arrive! At this point enough of the first wave has been slain that demons are getting re-summoned by the various Tzeentch heralds, particularly flamers which are fairly problematic for orks.

The megapals have been left stranded in some ruins next to an objective, and ready themselves to receive the majority of shooting from the chaos forces that turn. Thanks to the FNP of the mad dok, the relic force field of the big mek, the lucky stikk of the boss, and some look-out-sir shenanigans, they only lose a couple of nobz!

A khorne terminator lord charges his cultist blob into the outflanking boyz, and his challenge is met by a barebones mek. The boyz tidy up the cultists without much problem, and the mek somehow survives the lord's lightning claw attacks on FNP saves alone!

As the orks retaliate, a big mek in the back lines fires a shokk attack gun and rolls boxcars for the strength, creating a vortex which scatters spectacularly right onto the back end of the grot mega-tank, inhaling away three times its hull points.

After a long struggle with the dred mob, the terminator sorceror and his squad are finally overrun. The stompa climbs to the top of the altar to menace the chaos forces and claim an objective.

Vengeful mutants charge the remnants of a horror squad.

Grots and lootas run to the aid of the backfield artillery, which has been charged by flamers.

The turns start to speed up slightly, and it becomes clear that the chaos forces won't be able to push back the ork assault to reclaim the most significant objectives. The stompa is reinforced by a mega dred from behind, so continues down the hill to punish the remaining renegades.

The mutants are still involved in bitter combat with the horrors, as the largest pocket of chaos resistance watches on to nuke any survivors.

Grimmgob's mob proceeds to eat a blob of horrors and two heralds, and he consolidates to glare down a quaking marine squad.

Despite a few close calls on objective-grabbing attempts, the chaos forces are unsuccessful in the final turn and victory goes to the orks, 44 to 41 VP! Here's how the board looked at the end, from the messier side:

And the quieter side:

A very fun game for me, the ork player, of course! I had some pretty good luck across the whole game, especially with various force field saves and the megaboss' mob in general. The mission was a good challenge, closing the distance to grab those double-points objectives in my opponent's deployment zone was hard work. The initial alpha strike I mounted on Ahriman was far too good of an opportunity to pass up, and it turns out the 3 VP I got from the unexpected finest hour asset were the difference between a tie and a win for me! That assault created a huge bottleneck for my wagons, however, and a few of them didn't get to do much. The two assets I chose, 'Ere We Go Ladz and Blind Barrage, I managed to time pretty well to protect the warboss and get him up the field to multiple charge several units, which was as devastating as hoped.

My opponent was hamstrung from the start by losing his warmaster before his first turn, and never really recovered to form a solid counterattack. It was a huge oversight to deploy a valuable target 12" away from the ork deployment zone, especially knowing that they will definitely have the first turn. We talked about a better strategy perhaps being a speedbump layer of cultists or even horrors (which could be resummoned), so I'm sure I'll be treated to that prospect in a game soon to come. The assets he chose were Demonic Reinforcements and Lies of Tzeentch, which was cannily used to make the big outflanking boyz mob shoot at their own side and therefore deny them a charge opportunity, which spelled their demise on the next chaos turn.

Ahriman and his sorceror buddy barely escaped after being taken as casaulties, cursing vehemently and already plotting assassination attempts on the megaboss. Grimmgob emerged from the carnage as a hero of Da Eery Moonz, with help from his retinue he almost single-handedly decided the course of the battle. Big mek Klanga was highly satisfied with the performance of his dred mob, but was ultimately denied the opportunity to dispose of his sorceror rival personally. The mutants remained gross and ugly, and everyone made fun of them.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I built some "wrecked train" scatter terrain that matches my army. My friends play chaos and daemons so I thought it might be fluffy for them to wreck a supply train and we fight in its ruins or something. I wanted some massive G scale trains but I couldn't find any larger scale trains that were inexpensive and eventually settled on this because it was cheap and had the kind of cars I was looking for.

I broke it up and added some Dark Angel bits on it.

Then I spent a few days painting, did my best with what time I was willing to give the project. Think it turned out alright, better than most of the homemade terrain I have made.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I can't for the life of me make Citadel paints work. I want to like Warpstone Glow over Vallejo's Sick Green because it's slightly cooler, but I just can't thin it to be just right. I need to throw these paints away or give them away to some poor sucker.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

SRM posted:

So this is my last post of selling poo poo, but I've got an old Ork army I'm offloading because I only need one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262365930402?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
There were 2000 points on the dot in the old codex, but it's probably closer to 1500 or 1850 now. So here are Da Dezz'urt Ratz, all painted unless otherwise noted:

- Warboss with power klaw and shoota
- Big Mek with Kustom Mega Blasta
- Lootas x15
- Kommandos x15
- Nobz x10
- Grots x12
- Slugga boyz x30
- Shoota boyz x30
- 'Ardboyz with sluggas x12
- Battlewagon with deffrolla and 4x big shootas (all removable)
- Looted Rhino with turret from a battlewagon
- Trukk
- Stormboyz x10 (5 are primed black, 5 are painted)
- Looted Dreadnought (unpainted)
Army includes Sabol foam and case.

Shootas

Sluggas

Nobz n grots

Motor pool

Stormboyz, boss, and Dred

Lootas

Kommandos

Ardboyz

I love that KV-2 Predator.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Star Man posted:

I can't for the life of me make Citadel paints work. I want to like Warpstone Glow over Vallejo's Sick Green because it's slightly cooler, but I just can't thin it to be just right. I need to throw these paints away or give them away to some poor sucker.

Poor? Sucker? You called?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Thanks for posting that battle report, Monoliths! It was an awesome read.

Sharkopath posted:

I love that KV-2 Predator.

That Battlewagon turret is one of my favorite parts of the kit; it's also one of the few conversions I did for that army.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Got a mountain of pics will try to get an Adepticon review post up or started Monday.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Hencoe posted:

Psy scream, S10 hammers, the fists and claws, rending attacks+plasma talons on the Ravenwing squad, and they get hit and run from the white scars librarians I think so they won't be locked down.

Why do they get hit and run from Scars? It specifically says Chapter Tactics are not shared in mixed units.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Only one set of Chapter Tactics.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
DA dont have chapter tactics.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Plus im 90% certain you only need 1 model with H&R to use it.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
That unit probably also uses Shrouding, the other good thing in telepathy, for a 2+ rerollable jink.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Hencoe posted:

Plus im 90% certain you only need 1 model with H&R to use it.

No, I just looked it up, it says "if a unit contains models drawn from two different chapters, it counts as neither" did they FAQ it to say that non-codex Space Marines technically don't count as different "chapters" or something?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ravenwing units all have Hit and Run anyways, no need to toss in a White Scars dude for that.

That list is still an abomination.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Eh, thunderdome and superfriends are fine. They are no worse than battle company or war convo.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Eh, thunderdome and superfriends are fine. They are no worse than battle company or war convo.

Free stuff doesn't really strike me as "fine" either. My curious how many boxes of non-bike based Eldar are sitting around gathering dust. i don't think I've seen a single Guardian minus the ones that man tha gun platforms, and only two of those all weekend.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
To be honest, I can't think of a single Eldar player who's ever ran Guardians since... Uthuwe Strike Force in 3rd?

But it is a shame Eldar only seem to come in two flavours nowadays, Wraith or Bike. Aspect Warriors kick rear end and need more love.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Eldar comes in 2.5 flavors. Warp Spiders, Scatterbikes and wraithknigts.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Kilo147 posted:

Poor? Sucker? You called?

If you want to spring for shipping, I will wrap all 80ish of these pots in artist's tape so they don't pop open in transit and send them to you. I only want to keep the washes because I haven't replaced them with Secret Weapon washes yet.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its me. Im the guy who runs Dire Avengers because I like the way they look and i want everyone to have fun.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's me, I'm the guy that knows when to separate competitive play from funzies play.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Star Man posted:

If you want to spring for shipping, I will wrap all 80ish of these pots in artist's tape so they don't pop open in transit and send them to you. I only want to keep the washes because I haven't replaced them with Secret Weapon washes yet.

Holy gently caress poo poo. 80+ paints? PM or email me with shipping costs and if possible a photo of the paints. Email is username@live.com

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Fellow goons, I'm having a clear out of stuff and have come to the sad realisation that I'm never going to get round to doing much with my rather large Necron army, so would like to find it a good home. I'd like to try and ship out as much of it as possible in one go but can split stuff up if necessary. PM me if there's any interest and I'll provide a full inventory of super cool robots.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I just thought.

Does Tzeentch become stronger when Genestealer cults grow in power? It's kind of like the platonic ideal of a convoluted, generations-long master plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

ineptmule posted:

I just thought.

Does Tzeentch become stronger when Genestealer cults grow in power? It's kind of like the platonic ideal of a convoluted, generations-long master plan.

I would assume so, up until the point where they are either destroyed in a hail of bolterfire or willingly throw their bodies into acid pools to become one with their masters.

• Locked thread