Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
don't gently caress with the Russians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RubberJohnny posted:

So non-Eve guy reading up on this war and one thing I don't get is why can't the Imperium fight back?

Because there's apparently ~3,000 enemies, and your faction is ~17,000 strong, and I get the ~300 people you're fielding is because you don't want to fight, but why?

Surely there's an equal or greater number of combat pilots who can turn up?

Our faction is about 14k strong at the momentum + whatever the Russians and White Legion can provide in support. But were going up against basically the entire game. The current strategy is just contest with real fleets what we can and do our best to wear the enemy down as the get deeper into our space. They can't defend what they take.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
There's also the added bonus of denying CCP a war. If we gave one we'd be doing them a favor and we don't owe them poo poo to put it lightly.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

RubberJohnny posted:

So non-Eve guy reading up on this war and one thing I don't get is why can't the Imperium fight back?

Because there's apparently ~3,000 enemies, and your faction is ~17,000 strong, and I get the ~300 people you're fielding is because you don't want to fight, but why?

Of the total number of dudes in our coalition, only X% will show up for any given fight because that's just how nerds work - people are in different timezones, there's alts, there's people who don't feel like playing right now, there's people who only log in to update their skillqueue, there's super pilots, et cetera.

The other guys' 3000 are their X%, amplified by the sheer hurf they're huffing. Once the hurf subsides and they're down to uncontested entosising in moderate-high adm systems, the boredom will set in and they'll lose the hurf modifier, at which point the numbers will settle out. Once we have our not-mach doctrines (seriously I don't know whose idea this was - they're good and all but did nobody think that our consistent losing of the isk war was going to spin pubbie funmeters into overdrive?), we'll likely be able to grind their regular fleets down to minimal advancement while the wise men of the mountain figure out how best to manipulate fizzlesov into more of a fun-crushing experience. All this time, we'll have people resubbing because the audacity of pubbies thinking they can set foot on our doorstep is absolutely unacceptable, meanwhile the Men's Rights Coalition will (as usual) succumb to infighting as everyone remembers how much they hate each other.

So yeah, give it time.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Tim Jong-un posted:

Im afraid the horn was tooted already.

nah

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

if you've got the skills and the patience for it, production is going to poo poo loving isk for months because of the war

everything i am looking at is destroying right now, there has never been a better time

if you can keep what you build in the family too that is even better

If I train a mining or industry skill I'll actually die. It's a very rare medical condition.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ChickenWing posted:

Of the total number of dudes in our coalition, only X% will show up for any given fight because that's just how nerds work - people are in different timezones, there's alts, there's people who don't feel like playing right now, there's people who only log in to update their skillqueue, there's super pilots, et cetera.

The other guys' 3000 are their X%, amplified by the sheer hurf they're huffing. Once the hurf subsides and they're down to uncontested entosising in moderate-high adm systems, the boredom will set in and they'll lose the hurf modifier, at which point the numbers will settle out. Once we have our not-mach doctrines (seriously I don't know whose idea this was - they're good and all but did nobody think that our consistent losing of the isk war was going to spin pubbie funmeters into overdrive?), we'll likely be able to grind their regular fleets down to minimal advancement while the wise men of the mountain figure out how best to manipulate fizzlesov into more of a fun-crushing experience. All this time, we'll have people resubbing because the audacity of pubbies thinking they can set foot on our doorstep is absolutely unacceptable, meanwhile the Men's Rights Coalition will (as usual) succumb to infighting as everyone remembers how much they hate each other.

So yeah, give it time.

lol no need to crucify anyone for the yacht fleet horny whiteboy lifestyle, that was a different time. Sure it was only two months ago but it was a different time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

If PL sets foot on the gameboard of logistics and jump freighters then I very well may.

Paging Globby.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

RubberJohnny posted:

The total combined membership of the enemy alliances is closer to 50k, compared to a combined membership of ~30k for the goon coalition. The problem is that total member counts aren't necessarily reflective of actual fighting strength for a number of reasons - some alliances are quicker to kick inactive people than others, some have higher numbers of alts than others, and so on. Then you have timezone issues - having 30k dudes isn't very helpful if 29k are in the US timezone but the fight's happening in the EU timezone. The real situation isn't anything like so lopsided, of course, but it's still a factor. On top of that, the goon coalition is getting pretty badly mauled whereas the enemy coalition has been enjoying a string of easy wins, so there's likely to be a substantial difference in willingness to log in and shoot mans.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

If you have time, an alt in some renter alliance even russian drone one to keep afk farming or plexing or whatever they do there.
Market atm provides some great speculation deals, selling SP from alts. Or alts farming lvl5 in lowsec.

Most straight forward ways of farming.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
I think mittens should consolidate everyone that hasn't abandoned goons into deklein+fade+pb. Or has that ship already sailed and we are permanently staging in Saranen?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

asymmetric demobilization

lol

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Denis posted:

Or alts farming lvl5 in lowsec.

Most straight forward ways of farming.

I would hardly call lvl5 carrier blitzers "straight forward". You need a bunch of faction mission pullers, as well as a carrier (possibly multiple carriers depending on where you do it), as well as the know-how to avoid people trying to gank your missioning carrier.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Altran posted:

I think mittens should consolidate everyone that hasn't abandoned goons into deklein+fade+pb. Or has that ship already sailed and we are permanently staging in Saranen?

There is no strategic reason for anyone to stage in nullsec. It is added risk of your assets for basically no benefit. Saranen is a nice halfway point from everywhere we would want to fight right now, and it sounds like that is where we will be staging for the long-haul.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Altran posted:

We're pretty much the last party to realise that staging in conquerable 0.0 is dumb and offers essentially zero benefits over invulnerable lowsec, even before the outposts out there get replaced with explodable citadels.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

abrupt change of topic:

Say i'm pretty drat close to isk-broke right now and want to get supercarrier isk as soon as possible so that I can be hel buddies with querns - what would be the optimal way to go about this? Like, what's the "bootstrap your way to space upper middle class 101" strategy right now? Should I just be leveraging my nid for carrier ratting goodness right up to the point that that's no longer a thing?

I'm assuming the route is rat > importing > reactions > market fuckery or something like that

e: assume I'm not retarded and am acutely aware of the dangers of our bit of nullsec right now.

I leveraged the insane spending I did a few years ago with multiple accounts and/or aggressive ratting for PLEX dollars (when the whole multiple character training thing came into play) to go from several characters (I think 8 or 9) down to just 4 total with extractors and injectors. I'm not sitting on a trader, two 30m sp characters, and my main with 15-20b so in ISK and 81 injectors. Can't quite reach a titan, but I can get one of my characters super trained (hell, maybe even a fresh character) and a super. gently caress my life two years ago and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Edit:
Fleet Aux Question - Has CCP said/hinted at whether there is going to be a new skill book that existing carrier pilots will get automatically? I always planned on one Dread and one Carrier on separate characters, but kind of curious because if we'll get a free cap skillbook out of the transfer it'd be worth training the skill on my Dread character.

nessin fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 4, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I find it hilarious that the Mittani sent out the call for mobilization and only something like 200 goons responded.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I assume you're going by delta

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tim Jong-un posted:

Im afraid the horn was tooted already.

Not yet, :ccp: was doing that for us

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Needs to happen soon.

If anything, a good retvet drive (there are no newbies) will help cut down on the sheer number of aggro-gator ads :v:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Mittens has just gentle caressed the horn of Goondor and whisper sweet nothings but no :toot: yet.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I loving hate that dumb aggregator site and its stupid bait ads

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Tell me more about holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMu42uUbWYg

You live in this space called wormhole space, that normal people never travel to, and on occasion, you pop out and remind them that no matter where they hide, if you happen to get an exit near where they live, you can wreck their poo poo.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Arcsquad12 posted:

I find it hilarious that the Mittani sent out the call for mobilization and only something like 200 goons responded.

the only call any bittervets like me got was that ccp email and a resub deal

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Except Mittani never sent out a call for mobilization? CCP did.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Arcsquad are you done googling what I meant by delta

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Is it really back?

Groon is being Phoenixed as we post!

Our leadership kinda burned out after an efforty and abysmal AT last year. Active member corps left and joined Rote or Tishu, Groons mostly joined Hole Squad.
I came back ~ a month ago, inherited the corp, and reset everyone to start over. Members are trickling back in, slowly but surely, and Syndicate is willing to fight our alliance ticker once again! The PVP JUGGERNOT is rising in the west.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Unfunny Poster posted:

Paging Globby.

:ssh:

it's a whole bunch of :effort:, but if there is a rich benefactor involved anything is possible :shobon:

Siets posted:

I would hardly call lvl5 carrier blitzers "straight forward". You need a bunch of faction mission pullers, as well as a carrier (possibly multiple carriers depending on where you do it), as well as the know-how to avoid people trying to gank your missioning carrier.

try one puller, one carrier (or supercarrier) per system (1-3 total) and you're set

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 4, 2016

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
This thread is moving really fast, but back on the subject of the 'world war bee' name, it only caught on because it was the first actually good piece of propaganda from the war. GSF used to be amazing at producing quality propaganda but hasn't really put much out yet, other than some cool (but not really ~effective~) battle footage.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Bought some multi char trainer passes so that I can train my alt to be a miniluv pilot and not have to jc my main back and forth during war.

God drat they are expensive.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Why we ever moved away from the greatest corp name of all time SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO[LODRA] I'll never know.

Not marketable enough either I guess.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Empires of Eve book is available on amazon now for folks who didn't get in on the kickstarter.

Can't get it shipped to canada though :negative:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Altran posted:

I've been screaming into the void about staging everyone in a lvl 5 mission hub in lowsec and keeping 1-3 regions for ratting and then whatever r64s we can hold on the fringes. gently caress entosis bullshit, gently caress stations. Plop down a max of 5 citadels with thè sole purpose of docking your ratting Ishtar/procurer

Right now the biggest problem is we are the only game in town if you want to force fights by attacking someone that has set down roots in nullsec. We approach sov like it is the end goal in and of itself rather than a tool to facilitate wealth creation. Our regions are so spread out that we can't mutually defend one another.

This has been a problem in the past because there were more players in the sov game, so if this was n3 attacking us, there would be Russians snatching up their r64s and making n3 renters Russian renters.

We're in a post scarcity world now. A large amount of the pvp player base has old money, pve alts, or are simply white collar workers in their thirties who can simply buy plex to sell. Why deal with holding sov when your members no longer need to generate their fortune, when you can offset your few losses with r64 money and by only taking favorable engagements?

Another thing is just how interconnected the older pvp groups are. Tishu has members who were in BL, PL, NC., HK etc. simply due to how long they've been around. They aren't really blues, but when they have a chance to gank their old corp member or team up with their old coro member to dunk on BNI, it's easier and funner to go for the sure victory. Any new group that tries to put down roots will simply make itself a target that can be attacked thus forcing fights, while not having the social ties outside of their own group to get help.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 4, 2016

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

RubberJohnny posted:

We also have lost around 7000 dudes in the last month due to corps leaving.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

pugnax posted:

This thread is moving really fast, but back on the subject of the 'world war bee' name, it only caught on because it was the first actually good piece of propaganda from the war. GSF used to be amazing at producing quality propaganda but hasn't really put much out yet, other than some cool (but not really ~effective~) battle footage.

The RMT records stuff has been amazing, but I'll admit we've been a bit underwhelming on other fronts

Distribution problems probably contribute to that. The enemy has reddit to widely display their propaganda to the public whereas we only really have our internal propaganda subforum which isn't even that well trafficked

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Oh man, I didn't realize that subforum was so active now.

Last I checked (a month or two ago), there was very little content, and it was all pretty low-effort (except for Desto's always-spectacular stuff)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone elsewhere acts like you guys are getting your poo poo kicked in, but at least in this thread it doesn't seem like you are all that concerned, so it must not be as onesided as people are pretending

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

I leveraged the insane spending I did a few years ago with multiple accounts and/or aggressive ratting for PLEX dollars (when the whole multiple character training thing came into play) to go from several characters (I think 8 or 9) down to just 4 total with extractors and injectors. I'm not sitting on a trader, two 30m sp characters, and my main with 15-20b so in ISK and 81 injectors. Can't quite reach a titan, but I can get one of my characters super trained (hell, maybe even a fresh character) and a super. gently caress my life two years ago and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Edit:
Fleet Aux Question - Has CCP said/hinted at whether there is going to be a new skill book that existing carrier pilots will get automatically? I always planned on one Dread and one Carrier on separate characters, but kind of curious because if we'll get a free cap skillbook out of the transfer it'd be worth training the skill on my Dread character.

I don't think there is going to be any new skills you'll need other than the fighters for the combat carriers which they already added in a few weeks/months back.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Like, I get we're getting help from russians, but hoping reddit goes full napolean/hitler and dies trying to take useless space seems like a dumb strategy. Then again, I sucked at EVE, so maybe its an amazing strategy and I just don't know enough about the cold space winters :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53038030/

The bar.

• Locked thread