Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ferrosol posted:

Thread: [Monsterhearts] Murder and Monsters on the Railways
System: Monsterhearts
Format: PBP
Players: 2-4 replacements
Description: You're a teenage monster in 19th century Europe. Ready to get on the train yet. Seeking replacement for people who were tied to the tracks by a guy who liked to twirl his moustache. Mortal Werewolf Vampire and Fates are already taken.

Also Infernal, unless this is Ferrosol's way of passively informing me I'm getting kicked out of the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
ThreadL5R -The Idiot Prince
System Legend of the 5 Rings 4th Edition
Format PBP
Players 5-6
Description Be the retinue of an idiot prince on his grand tour of Rokugan. Is this a reward or a punishment? Who can say?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Thread: [Strike!] Strike Emblem
System: Strike!
Format: Play by post
Players: 4-5
Description: Played a couple Fire Emblem games? Ever thought "yeah, I wanna do that again, but in Strike with a few other people and some more freedom"? This is that. A newly-recognized heir to the Imperial throne and allies need to figure out what to do now.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Thread: PbtA/The Sprawl: Solar System Sprawl
System: Hamish Cameron's the Sprawl
Players:3-5
Description: Play The Sprawl, a new cyberpunk mission based PbtA game by Hamish Cameron. In this particular game, everyone has a vehicle, not just the Driver, and the vehicles are most likely spaceships or mecha or some other spaceworthy craft, and the "Sprawl" you're working in is the Solar System, a la Cowboy Bebop and The Expanse (but with Mecha if you want because it's a nice option to have).

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Thread: Werewolves and Witches in the Windy City
Players: 6ish
Description: Be a terrible teenage monster in Chicago

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Filled.

Thread: Herald: A Galactic Devourer Game
System: PDQ with some modifications
Players: 6-ish
Description: The Devourer that visited your planet actually communicated. It wanted...you. To serve it. In exchange, you would be gifted powers or have your own gifts enhanced, your planet ever spared so long as you kept to that service.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 14, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Thread: LIFESTYLEZ OV DA KORRUPT & FAITHLESS
System: FFG's Only War
Players: 5-8
Description: Survivors of a brutal occupation take to the stars to fight back against their former oppressors.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Game: We Stand Alone - Co-Operative Boardgame Playtest
System: Dice/Card Based Co-op Game
Format: PbP
Players: 2-4
Description: We Stand Alone is a co-operative 2-4 player dice and card-based game in which intrepid and possibly doomed heroes try and stave off waves of enemies from destroying their precious town. The game has a strong emphasis on challenging players to work out the best possible outcome from limited resources, and on providing multiple options to achieve the same or similar outcome. Despite being dice-based, luck is minimal and up-front - essentially player's options are somewhat randomised, but then they have total control over how they execute them. This has been playtested about 15 times so far and runs very smoothly, but I'm looking for some more opinions about balance etc. It's typically fairly challenging and a lot of fun!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Game: The Call of Avarice
System: Malifaux/Shifting Loyalties Campaign
Format: Vassal
Players: 2+
Description: A Vassal-based Shifting Loyalties campaign for Malifaux, starting April 10th. The campaign will last for 6 game weeks/12 actual weeks, and theres no obligation to play every week. You can even join part-way through the campaign if you're interested.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Game: To Go Boldly...
System: Far Trek (3D6 style, link to free rules)
Players: 5-6
Description: Old-fashioned space swashbuckling, Star Trek TOS-style. You are part of a group of Starfleet cadets / young officers exploring space, fighting aliens, seducing green women (or men!), and boldly going where at least one or two people have gone before. Episodic format if this takes off, since the game system is kinda experimental for me. No real in-depth sperglord-level knowledge of Trek lore required!

Drone fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 4, 2016

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Game: Camp Sunset
Description: You are monsters attending a mysterious summer camp run by a vague but menacing government agency. Have fun!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Rebels In The Lands Of Criminals
System: Fate Core With Houserules
Format: Roll20 + Discord
Players: 4 - 6
Description: On the smuggler world of Nar Shadda, rebels run ops in secret. Using the stink of criminals to hide their scent, they run support for the more direct elements of the rebellion.

Stand Up! Fight in the shadows! Bring light to the galaxy!

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 6, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Game: The Fragile Gods of Somewhere
System: Wingin' it! My last game, Sundown Run, tried to go more rules heavy and I didn't dig it
Format: CYOA / Godgame Hybrid
Players: 5 Gods BUT other readers can pool together to influence their rolls for good or ill, so we need all sorts of people!
Description:
The world is a mutable, malleable thing. In the immeasurable vastness of the Ocean, tiny pinpricks of Something burst into being, only to vanish. Without a stabilizing presence, they are hopeless against the crashing waves of Nothing. Without Gods, Something has no hope.

Gods float above the Ocean, droplets of dew against its immensity. Without worship, they perish, snuffed out. Small crumbs of Something draw countless Gods, feeding on eachother and on the life they nourish with their presence. All are doomed to return to the Ocean, but for a time they grow strong and fat, and it is enough. Without Something, the Gods have no hope.

Something new has risen from the foam. Something big. Somewhere. Unmolded, untouched by divine powers, it floats on the Ocean, drawing forth ever more matter with its gravity. Bounty beyond reckoning for any God strong enough to take it. Nothing like this has ever been encountered before - enough Something for dozens of Gods, or hundreds. But not all at once, oh no - it would have to be carefully rationed...

This is my 3rd CYOA that I'm running - it will be fairly fully illustrated and very casual. You should be able to drop in at almost any time and not have missed out on anything - or just lurk in the thread and look at pictures!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Filled up, thanks.

Game: Coming of Age
System: Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Play by Post
Players: Got 4, want 2 more
Description: Shape the future of a ruinous, overly magical world born when a disaster smashed two realms together. Watch out for murderous Fey. Investigate ancient mysteries. A ton of details in the OOC link.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 11, 2016

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Game: Fire Emblem: Unrest
Format: Play by Post, possibly asymmetric Roll20
Description: Black magic is leaked from the disciplined elite to everyone. A lord(or lords) and their most trusted retainers are left in charge of a nation as unrest rises among commoners and nobility alike. Fire Emblem inspired.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Game: Secret of [Strike!]-oden
Format: Play by Post, with screenshots from roll20 for visual.
Description: Inspired by Suikoden and the Mana series games, a world still recovering from the catastrophic Scouring that nearly sent civilization back to the dark ages finds itself the stage for another world-shaking event. Following the fall of a red star over the Kingdom of Haransei, a young lordling (1 PC) and their companions (3-4 PCs) are sent on a quest by the kingdom's seer to seek the cause of the disruption of mana throughout the kingdom. Also inspired by Fire Emblem, aimed to be a more open-choice world than a purely linear adventure.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Game: 13th Age
Thread: none, maybe I should make one but it's not a PbP *shrug*
Format: Skype + Roll20
Players: 1-2 more
Regular meet time: Saturday evenings, 5pm ~ 8pm, US Pacific Time

A super casual online group that doesn't even have a name yet. Current party includes a spirit of light, an undead assassin, an artificial dragonoid, and a gnome with a living sword. Just wrapped up Shadows of Eldolan, so we're 2nd level, and we could use a healer or support character. Contact me via PMs or dead_paragon on Skype.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Game: Citadel 20XX: The Next Generation
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772068
Format: Play-by-Post PDQ variant
Players: 5+
Description: High in the mountains, where few dare to travel, lies an ancient gate that few know how to open. Beyond this gate lies the Citadel.

The world has changed. Exploits of supers over the last twenty years have been forgotten by most, and many heroes have died or lost their powers. However, new supers are beginning to awaken. The Citadel is moving as quickly as it can to recruit them, but governments and corporations are moving just as fast to secure them for their own means. And somewhere on the horizon, a new threat is growing…

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Game: Reign of Crystal
system Fellowship - A Tabletop Adventure Game
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772530

Crystals from space have fallen to earth and disgorged a horde of creatures bent on conquering the world. Will you take up the mantle of your People and join the Fellowship in order to defeat this threat?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Game: Star Wars Force and Destiny
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772601
Format: Roll20+hangouts
Players: 4-6
Preferred regular playtime:Bi-weekly, Fridays or Saturdays 7:00ish EST

You joined a cult, or just kind of got swept up in it. Turns out they're looking for people like you...

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 17, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: Monsterhearts: Blood Flowers
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772691
Players: 3-7

A Monsterhearts Series of weird mystery, small town horror, and supernatural drama. Twin Peaks meets Teen Wolf with a light dosing of Ligotti and Pynchon and teenage angst.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: War of the Burning Sky
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com)
Description: We're playing EN World's War of the Burning Sky adventure path, using the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop.

Now recruiting one new player, check out the thread for details. PM me or post in the thread to claim the spot!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Game: Curse of Strahd/Homebrew mix
System: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
Format: Fantasy Grounds + Livestream
Players: Currently need 2 maximum
Description: This is a live streamed game, will be playing Curse of Strahd with a splash of homebrew. Must have microphone, experience using fantasy grounds a bonus but not required.

Please PM me or head over to the thread linked (it's for my other game) and post interest there. Only needing two players maximum so not making GBS threads up the place with another thread.

This is now filled

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 1, 2016

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
It was a pretty good day until the center of the universe blew up.

Now it's your job to figure out what the hell happened.
The plus side: You get part command of a brand new starship.
The minus side: Possible death in the infinite freezing void of space.
Fortunately you have a ship full of fellow goons to help you choose the best course of action!
Command via Space Democracy! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!?

Game: Starship Awful - INCIDENT AT SECTOR ZERO ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771019 )
System: One-shot Homebrew Forum Strategy/CYOA with simple mechanics.
Format: PBP. Players give orders to different stations (Helm, Weapons, Sensors, etc.) The commands are tallied and the winning choice in each category is carried out.
Players: The more the merrier. Always open, hop in or out whenever you like.
Updates Daily-ish.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

e:nvm

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 21, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Game: Dixiehearts - a Monsterhearts game in the South
Players: 6ish

A pretty standard Monsterhearts game, set in the South for a change of pace!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Game: Suprised By Sartar
System: Heroquest Glorantha
Players: 5ish

Lets all play King Of Dragon Pass! Except this time you are the Clansmen and you already won!

Join up for fun, profit and incredible Cosmic power.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: Let's build a world and then destroy it!
System: Downfall
Players: 3 exactly

Downfall is an improv/world building game in which you create a Haven and then describe its downfall. The first part of the game is the creation of the world and the second is basically describing how a Hero tries to prevent the downfall, but ultimately fails.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Game: Masks - Anime Heroes
System: Masks

Masks is a teenage superheroes PbtA hack, and this one has an anime theme to it because why not?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Game: A Slip in Riverside Drive
System: Demon: The Descent (nWoD, if I'm getting my editions straight - it's the one with a god machine)
Format: Roll20 (possibly + hangouts)
Players: 3-4

A paint job on the How An Angel Dies chronicle from the D:tD core book. You were a biomechanical monstrosity that gained sentience and is now hunted by your creator and former brethren. Fortunately, you're undercover as a human. Another such demon has been murdered (not an easy thing to accomplish). Pursue those responsible through time and space before they do the same to you, or worse. And if you can manage to put a finger in God's eye in the process? All the better.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Game: Reclamation
System: Exalted 3rd Edition
Format: Roll20 & Discord
Players: 3-5

Sail the West! Claim a mysterious island that emerged from the Wyld as your own! Kick the everloving poo poo out of Fair Folk and other people trying to take the island! Be excellent!

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Game: Civil War II
System: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying

Let's do Civil War II before marvel does! Why? Because we can! Also because we can probably do it better

But on a more serious note, I'm looking for Below Thor level super heroes to take part in the second marvel civil war starting from its origins, running with the premise and ignoring everything else. No previous experience required.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
Game: Glory in the Black
System: Stars Without Number (it's free!)
Players: 3-5

Space opera with lasers and poo poo. I'm an inexperienced GM but want to learn, be nice. :ohdear:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Game: These Heroes Brought To You By... Apple Inc!?
Format: Play By Post

Come be a young hero in a world where superheroes are sponsored by corporations, and used as mascots for great companies. Learn to use your powers, and work together as a team - while selling products and making your sponsors happy! Draw in sales and earn the public's love with your actions and emotions!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Children of the Gods
System: See Description*

Fight against agents of the bleak (a creeping force of despair of nihilism) by winning hearts and bringing justice to a world that has none.

*So, this game is a little weird: we aren't using a system. What we're doing is playing with the idea of making a system through play. It's explain in the thread proper, but we start with just a basic way of handling uncertainty and work from there to handle cases that pop-up in play, if we feel that the current rules aren't good enough.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 6, 2017

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Game: Strike Hunter Cross

I mashed up Monster Hunter and Valkyria Chronicles and a bunch of other junk. Form a guild and go kill giant angry monsters.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Game: Guardians of the Crystal Spheres
System: Unbound RPG
Format: Voice chat/roll20
Players: Approx 4
Description: Worldbuild a campaign world themed around "space fantasy" (think Spelljammer or Treasure Planet), then play a campaign there for one month

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Game: Mega City Pwn
System: Mongoose Traveller 2008
Format:PbP
Description: Fresh out of the academy and onto the mean streets of Mega City One. Includes classic Dredd-esque storylines. Be the Adeptus Arbites Judge you've always wanted to be, send some drokking creeps to the IsoCubes, quell a Block War and dodge a rogue Boing! user.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Game: Class Is In Session
Description: Be superheroes at superhero school and fight villains both on the street and in the halls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Game: Spider-Man Villains Apply Here
System: Marvel Heroic
Players: Most likely 6
Description: Everyone is a Spider-Man villain trying to reform and are part of a good-guy version of the Sinister Six.