Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress it, y'know what? I'm playing Digital Devil Saga. That's what I'm doing. I'm just gonna load it up and GET IT ON and that's final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raLhRX1neCU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Who do I turn in my videogame mancard to?

Was playing FE: Fates Conquest and had to reduce the difficulty on chapter 25 to make it through the game. I lost Xander to the Takumi fight...said he was going to hit Xander for 1dmg and instead hit him for 22dmg twice due to some bullshit skill I wasn't paying attention to. I also lost Leo to some bullshit 2% crit earlier. I think I spread my experience out a little too much, it got to the point where I would have to start over or lower the difficulty and I was experiencing some serious FE fatigue. Probably wont start Revelations for a few months.

Then I went back to try to finish the Bloodborne dlc and Orphan of Kos kept pushing my poo poo in. I never learned how to parry with firearms in the game so that has added extra challenge. I'm sure I could eventually get through it but I have this issue where after I feel like I'm "finished" with a game it's hard to go back for things like dlc. Also the 2-3 minutes of loading and the walk back to Kos was too much. I'm just going to watch someone on twitch do the rest.

:negative:

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 4, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I can't believe corn in the bible is going to help me mod ToME now that he is done with his term paper :devil:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's Dark Souls 3?

I might give it a pass :(

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I got distracted by Lollypop Chainsaw and beat it real quick just now. Last boss is so bizarre. Whole game is bizarre, just this wonderfully off beat slash and hack. It's kind of shoddy in a lot of places, but there's a great amount of charm and style. One of those kind of hidden gems from yesteryear.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't believe corn in the bible is going to help me mod ToME now that he is done with his term paper :devil:

get the mod to remove traps. gently caress traps in that game 100x.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want to modify ToME to include a jojo class/skillset based around ripple stuff :D

I think it would be fun if I could figure out how to modify it to have its own SP gauge based on breathing, and basing their anti-undead skills around breathing and stuff

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

gently caress it, y'know what? I'm playing Digital Devil Saga. That's what I'm doing. I'm just gonna load it up and GET IT ON and that's final.

Im doing that too. Its pretty good. You get to eat your victims to make yourself stronger in order to beat up Jesus or something. :rock:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video games have a real problem with acronyms. What's ToME?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Video games have a real problem with acronyms. What's ToME?

Tales of Maj'Eyal

It's free on the dev's website but there is a version on steam as well and that version is the pay version that gives you a few bonuses like being able to use custom player character tiles and being able to play as the dual-shield class and a couple other things I can't think of off the top of my head. Pretty much just a way to support the dev.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/

It's a neat roguelike game with a lot of variation in classes and races, and the dlc seems pretty neat too. It's moddable too, tho that'd require knowing LUA, which I do not, so I will probably never actually finish a mod for it lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any game with a class that wields two shields is a game I can support

ToME owns, I should go actually beat that some day

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Back in the day I wanted to mod some fist of the north star stuff into Fallout 3 until I realized how much loving work that would actually entail.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night, before I went to bed, I reached the point just after arms tech baker and used the codec for Meryl from the back of the game case.

That was pretty cool and I'm starting to get used to the dpad movement controls instead of the sticks. It's a really well made game.

It has taken me three and a half hours to do all this though. Am I about an eight of the way through?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

VideoGames posted:

Last night, before I went to bed, I reached the point just after arms tech baker and used the codec for Meryl from the back of the game case.

That was pretty cool and I'm starting to get used to the dpad movement controls instead of the sticks. It's a really well made game.

It has taken me three and a half hours to do all this though. Am I about an eight of the way through?

There are only 15 hours left until their deadline. You've got to hurry!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That reminds me I should split up my playtime between Dark Souls and MGSV when DS3 comes out.

Morning games chat.

This weekend I didn't play much due to outside events. We played Knights of the Round which was kind of a lovely beat'em up. Also played Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and that was more fun since I could just suplex everything to death.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Golden Goat posted:

That reminds me I should split up my playtime between Dark Souls and MGSV when DS3 comes out.

i recommend a 0/100 split

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

No, i'll burn out on one if I don't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

haha what game is this?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha what game is this?
Magus

:sterv:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oculus Rift gonna have shipping delays because of "unexpected parts shortage".

How do you not have supply lined up when you've had preorders literally for years?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

If I find that game for like $8 or such I'll pick it up entirely because of citb's video.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If I find that game for like $8 or such I'll pick it up entirely because of citb's video.

I so certain that's exactly why/how citb gets all these games.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
hmm I thought I had completed alan wake but there's two more special episodes!!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
On a very special episode of Alan Wake...

"What's this I found in your room, Alan?"
"Look, all the other writers are doing it!"
"Is this reefer? Is this...is this opium!? Alan Wake...are you doing drugs?"
*Alan looks at the camera with a horrified look on his face.*

I hope you'll tune in next week.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Josh Lyman posted:

How do you not have supply lined up when you've had preorders literally for years?
I guess even Facebook money doesn't get you much more competence than the OUYA

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

8-Bit Scholar posted:

On a very special episode of Alan Wake...

"What's this I found in your room, Alan?"
"Look, all the other writers are doing it!"
"Is this reefer? Is this...is this opium!? Alan Wake...are you doing drugs?"
*Alan looks at the camera with a horrified look on his face.*

I hope you'll tune in next week.

i'd alan wake & bake

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

VideoGames posted:

MGS had analog stick support so you should be able to use them, if you're playing on PS3 there should be an option in the menu when you press the home button.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friend got me Pokken Tournament for my birthday and it's way more fun than I was expecting it to be based off the gameplay I've seen.

I like Machamp in particular. Half of his moves consist of him posing, it's awesome.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Legend of Dragoon has a nice soundtrack.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

katkillad2 posted:

Who do I turn in my videogame mancard to?

Was playing FE: Fates Conquest and had to reduce the difficulty on chapter 25 to make it through the game. I lost Xander to the Takumi fight...said he was going to hit Xander for 1dmg and instead hit him for 22dmg twice due to some bullshit skill I wasn't paying attention to. I also lost Leo to some bullshit 2% crit earlier. I think I spread my experience out a little too much, it got to the point where I would have to start over or lower the difficulty and I was experiencing some serious FE fatigue. Probably wont start Revelations for a few months.

:negative:

I played through Birthright and am into Conquest now, all on normal:casual. Occasionally I feel torn for not playing it the harder "fire emblem classic" way but whatever, I know I wouldn't play them or finish them on a harder difficulty; and they're good enough games that it all still feels worthwhile.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha what game is this?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/magus/cid=UP1024-NPUB31348_00-MAGUSHDD00000001

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

I always loved the soundtrack for Red Dead Revolver because of all the off-brand non-Morricone italian western music it licensed. One of the tracks sounded like an Italian knockoff of One Winged Angel in the best way possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M180ASSaq0

It's funny how in Red Dead Redemption they had to kind of cobble together a system to play those 2 specific songs at those story points. For some reason they couldn't just cue the songs up when you got to those points in the story so instead they were tied to you getting on specific horses, which would start the music. However if you got off the horse the song would stop. It was such a bizarre way of doing it.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

It actually worked out because I really hated the song that started to play in mexico so I just got off my horse.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmm actually junip is good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also apparently they made an ENHANCED EDITION of deadfall adventures, the janky allan quatermain fps. but it's ps3 exclusive. why? why do this

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Back in the day I wanted to mod some fist of the north star stuff into Fallout 3 until I realized how much loving work that would actually entail.

If you're not stopping your Bethesda game to bloat with mods every five minutes, you're doing it wrong.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

It's funny how in Red Dead Redemption they had to kind of cobble together a system to play those 2 specific songs at those story points. For some reason they couldn't just cue the songs up when you got to those points in the story so instead they were tied to you getting on specific horses, which would start the music. However if you got off the horse the song would stop. It was such a bizarre way of doing it.

This explains why I never heard that song. I got to mexico, was given a different horse and got annoyed it wasn't my awesome horse that I'd kept alive all this time. So I whistled for my horse and just rode normally into Mexico.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i bought it and am enjoying myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Man Vulcan Raven was tough. I got run over so many times. And what the heck where was the mine detector. I must have missed something. Also running through those beams was tough as nails. I'm glad I figured out what the cigarettes did.

• Locked thread