Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Just recently picked up this game, and as a sucker for caster classes in pretty much any game I went Occultist/ Arcanist. Now, after my very brief skim of the OP and build compendium/ whatever the gently caress that was called, I couldn't see any builds for warlocks - is this a 'bad' combo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I've actually been filling in Wolverine and planned to go to Hound next (since Briarthorn gets some ridiculous retaliation damage), but maybe I should respec into Scorpion...

e: I really have no idea what I'm doing with devotions/how those proc abilities work

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 3, 2016

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Nymix posted:

Just recently picked up this game, and as a sucker for caster classes in pretty much any game I went Occultist/ Arcanist. Now, after my very brief skim of the OP and build compendium/ whatever the gently caress that was called, I couldn't see any builds for warlocks - is this a 'bad' combo?

Arcanist has a lot of skills that work with any caster build, especially %Spirit upgrades, shield spells, and mana cost discounts. Occultist has good debuffs and pets that can distract enemies, and you can upgrade IEE to benefit your pets.

Your key damage spell will probably be Dreeg's Evil Eye (can do splash damage) or Aether Ray (which can be switched to do chaos damage and benefit from occultist's Chaos buffs). Or you can focus on Elemental damage and only dip into Occultist for the healy-bird or blood of Dreeg. Whatever floats your magic-heavy boat!

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

WarLocke posted:

I've actually been filling in Wolverine and planned to go to Hound next (since Briarthorn gets some ridiculous retaliation damage), but maybe I should respec into Scorpion...

e: I really have no idea what I'm doing with devotions/how those proc abilities work

Unless it says the minion scales with player bonuses, none of that stuff will apply to your Briarthorn. However you can stick the chance on attack/hit powers on pets who can then proc it all themselves. So if you get multiple pets up, you can stick a different devotion on each of them and fill the screen with a shitload of effects.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Amateur Sketch posted:

Arcanist has a lot of skills that work with any caster build, especially %Spirit upgrades, shield spells, and mana cost discounts. Occultist has good debuffs and pets that can distract enemies, and you can upgrade IEE to benefit your pets.

Your key damage spell will probably be Dreeg's Evil Eye (can do splash damage) or Aether Ray (which can be switched to do chaos damage and benefit from occultist's Chaos buffs). Or you can focus on Elemental damage and only dip into Occultist for the healy-bird or blood of Dreeg. Whatever floats your magic-heavy boat!

Thanks for this - Probably going to go Occultist-heavy since I'm liking the vibes that the abilities in that tree give off. Nice to know it's viable :sun:.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

Nymix posted:

There are no bad combos in the game.There are certainly "easier" combos that take less gear or planning to be effective. Warlock should be a perfectly fine combo but you'll have to decide how to focus it. I'm currently doing another alt as a warlock (only L15 now) that will probably be a acid/poison/chaos caster type with DEE and bloody pox; a warlock build that focuses more on arcanist with stuff like devastation, aether ray etc is also fine.

whichever path you do a lot of classes don't really start to gel until 30s to 40s once you've had enough points to unlock some of the higher abilities.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'd like to use a Commando with Rifle. Is that valid? I over invested into demolition on my first guy so was suffering for lack of hp come level 35 or so. If I start as soldier and pick up demo down the road, what are good skills to invest in?

Definitely going to invest more in soldier and its better abilities this time though. Any suggestions for devotions, kraken aside?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Are there a lot of quests that you can just short-circuit and lock yourself out of?

I ask because I just noticed that the quest 'A Sacrifice' (where you find a dying Isaac in a basement and he tells you where his secret tree stump stash is) can be completely missed if you loot the stump before coming across the dude. You still get the loot, but the quest never fires or goes into your quest log.

It's a tiny thing, but for some reason it's annoying me. :spergin:

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Thats about the only one that works like that I think. Could be wrong, but all the others I think have to be triggered in some fashion.

Dandywalken posted:

I'd like to use a Commando with Rifle. Is that valid? I over invested into demolition on my first guy so was suffering for lack of hp come level 35 or so. If I start as soldier and pick up demo down the road, what are good skills to invest in?

Definitely going to invest more in soldier and its better abilities this time though. Any suggestions for devotions, kraken aside?

Depends how you want to play it and the damage types you go for (physical/internal Trauma or more elemental). Cadence allows for ranged piercing, but Explosive Strike and the transmitter for Firestrike give an aoe effect and increased critical damage to every shot.

Skills like Grenado don't list it, but the damage does change with your main hand damage, and it's mostly physical damage so it's a nice pairing skill if you are going physical and IT as your main damage types IMO. Either way you are going to want flame touched, Temper and vindictive flame. They are too good not to take.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Gammon posted:

Unless it says the minion scales with player bonuses, none of that stuff will apply to your Briarthorn. However you can stick the chance on attack/hit powers on pets who can then proc it all themselves. So if you get multiple pets up, you can stick a different devotion on each of them and fill the screen with a shitload of effects.
Yeah, pets generally scale with Pet Bonuses. Most pet-specific devotions come with player bonuses now, too. Look at Bysmiel's Chains or Shepherd's Crook to see what those kinds of devotions look like. That being said, Scorpion Sting is worth "wasting" the points to get; it has solid AOE, can hit fat targets multiple times, and the DA debuff it applies is like adding OA to all your pets. Doesn't hurt to get a bit of OA for yourself, either.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The boss of this game was like the end of Borderlands 1 but more entertaining and better loot.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Looks like a beta version of Grim Dawn Defiler is released - no useful functionality yet, he seems to be checking that all characters actually load properly for now.

Also, I've been playing with the Trainer today and putting mob spawn at 5x makes for some pretty tense fights as a Blademaster on the squishy end of the spectrum. I'm running through Smugglers' Pass and I must have murdered a dozen Hero trolls so far.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Amateur Sketch posted:

Is there a reason to keep the Outcast if you don't need her gear? I have her up to revered on a tank character, and I'm trying to decide whether to kill or spare her on Elite.

Didn't see it answered, but I'd keep her for her Outcast's Bastion augment https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/5974-Outcast's-Bastion

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
Figured I'd post my latest char to beat the game and farm BoC. Its a 2h Blade Arc build:

http://grimcalc.com/build/8ZwFvz with +5 soldier skills

I actually got this guy to elite a long time ago as pure soldier, but had trouble choosing a secondary class so I shelved him. Decided on Occultist for -% phys resist debuff plus atkspeed and OA buffs. I think Demo would have also been a good choice and better defensively.

My gear is close to BiS but theres no items absolutely required for the build and I had no trouble leveling.

1h/shield works fine with this but you lose a ton of dps because of Kraken devotion. With my gear I have 38% physical resist and good defensive stats so theres not really any reason to use a shield, but with lesser gear it could be useful to switch to one in certain situations.

I've tried Cadence and transmuted Force Wave and they aren't very good compared to Blade Arc, so if you want to play a soldier-focused build I'd def go with Arc.

Anyways, this build probably isn't the strongest ever but I can confirm Blade Arc is ~ultimate viable~ and pretty good damage once geared!

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

seravid posted:

Are you still looking for a shard of beronath? Get on Discord (check OP) and we'll work something out. Unless you want to go self-found only, but why would you do that to yourself?

So thanks again for this, this basically doubled (tripled?) my damage output. I'm now part way through act 3 in Ultimate, and hit max level, and the build is quite strong even without bis gear (although what I do have is mostly pretty good).

Still hoping to snag the 2 deathmarked weapons, but for now Nex and Beacon of the Winter's Veil are very strong substitutions.

Still deciding on what kind of mage type build to do next. I'm debating between a lightning druid, aether/fire sorcerer and a vitality/totem conjurer. I think I'll just review the gear I have tonight and figure out what I have the best gear for and go that route.

Edit: A more open question, but I dropped this:

https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8180-The-Northern-Wyrm

And seeing as I already have a spellbreaker, was wondering if there was any build to make use of this. It would have to be based Blade Burst as besides the DW techniques, that's the only thing that is based on weapon damage to make use of a big ol 2-hander. I guess this would only work if blade burst could be applied at range, since my goal is to kill everything from a distance.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 4, 2016

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Another developer update today. modding tools at the end of the month.

As well as new free content:

The Hidden Path is an upcoming free content update for Grim Dawn, featuring new lore, new bosses and a new dungeon.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Maggot Soup posted:

Didn't see it answered, but I'd keep her for her Outcast's Bastion augment https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/5974-Outcast's-Bastion

Yeah, I'll probably keep her for a bit to stock up on some of those good augments, but apparently attacking opens up her dungeon, which sounds pretty rad.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
If you are doing an Aether based build, you may want this item that only drops from her:

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Outcast's_Secret

I remember reading somewhere you have to kill her on nemesis in Ultimate for it to be able to drop. I can't find where I read that to confirm though. So maybe if you want that item stock up on augments on elite then kill her in ult?

Edit: VVV Jesus I'm dumb. It's here where I read it :derp:

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 4, 2016

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The info about the witch is in the OP.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Outcast's Secret is all but useless for a 2-hander Aether build, unfortunately. For a 1h/caster off-hand, sure, farm away.

rawk cawk posted:

So thanks again for this, this basically doubled (tripled?) my damage output. I'm now part way through act 3 in Ultimate, and hit max level, and the build is quite strong even without bis gear (although what I do have is mostly pretty good).

Already? You're moving fast.

If you want to go with a lightning build next, I have a ton of extra gear lying around, including the complete Dawnguard set that's just gathering dust. Mint condition, fair price.

Regarding mods: anyone know anything about anything that can/will tone down the effects? Between regular skills, auras and devotion procs, most of the time I can't see poo poo. My cold spellbreaker is ridiculous.

The hell is this? I can't even see my guy.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Turn down your particles setting? :v:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Turn down your particles setting? :v:

There's a particle sett...? Oh, well, I... uh...
April fools?

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

rawk cawk posted:

If you are doing an Aether based build, you may want this item that only drops from her:

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Outcast's_Secret

I remember reading somewhere you have to kill her on nemesis in Ultimate for it to be able to drop. I can't find where I read that to confirm though. So maybe if you want that item stock up on augments on elite then kill her in ult?

Edit: VVV Jesus I'm dumb. It's here where I read it :derp:

If you want a Outcast's secret anyway, I have more than I need, as I tested the witch mechanics.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I really should start doing Ultimate at some point. I am just convinced I will be horribly smashed.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

rawk cawk posted:

Edit: A more open question, but I dropped this:

https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8180-The-Northern-Wyrm

And seeing as I already have a spellbreaker, was wondering if there was any build to make use of this. It would have to be based Blade Burst as besides the DW techniques, that's the only thing that is based on weapon damage to make use of a big ol 2-hander. I guess this would only work if blade burst could be applied at range, since my goal is to kill everything from a distance.
iirc, Blade Burst still sucks rear end. However, Phantasmal Blades without the transmuter does something like 6x80% weapon damage at 26/26, with a decent chunk of Cold. Probably still not worth it, unfortunately.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Obscurity posted:

Someone in Discord linked me this build: http://grimcalc.com/build/a1U9lx

I was asking, as a newbie, for a build that was good and also flashy from all levels of play.

What I need to know is:

- How do I know when to put what points where? What to max first? Which class of the two to max first?
- How do I know what type of gear stats to aim for?
- What weapon am I supposed to use?
I know I am supposed to pump physique..do I stop at any point for another stat?

Thanks guys! Super newbie here. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry about the late response.

Here's a milestone you want to shoot for: http://grimcalc.com/build/scAQ5W

Rank Arcanist up first, to 20-32 Mastery, tagging all the wanted the skills along the way. Once you get around 20, you can start maxing out CT, IEE, and MSoP. Then dip into Occultist, tagging skills along the way to 25. Then max Sigil. Then fill out the rest of the tree per the milestone build.

You'll use CT and Sigil for most of the game. Put CT on your left-click. Basically, run into a group of mobs, place a Sigil around a tank spot, face tank them and blow them up with CT.

Equip heavy armor so you have armor. Use a caster off-hand or a shield (that gives damage types you need) while leveling. The damage types you're looking for are elemental, fire, aether, chaos. So equip stuff that gives you that. Cast speed is also nice, along with cooldown (for your Sigils). Items that give +1 to Arcanist or Occultist skills are almost best in slot. But remember, armor, HP, resistances, and physique are also your friend. You'll be tanking a lot if you play solo.

I would say you'd want to put 4 Physique : 1 Spirit with this build. You shouldn't need to put points in Coordination, but you can go 3 Physique : 1 Coordination : 1 Spirit if you want -- this way if you ever decide to equip ranged weapons you can.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I got tired of trying gimmick builds (lol all-retaliation first character, this will go over just fine!) and running into metaphorical brick walls because I didn't know what was coming up content-wise.

So I started over as an idiot-proof pet wrangler build. Currently have rank 1 bird, bird heal, and mogdrogon pact with max hellhound and nearly max briarthorn. Smooth sailing so far, although I'm only through Burwitch village (again) and if I do the Depraved Sanctuary Salazar will probably ream me again.

Something is definitely wonky when it comes to pet stats, mine hit way harder than the numbers on their tooltips say. When my hellhound had a combine physical/fire damage of ~60 it was actually hitting mobs for something like 140. And the briarthorn will outright do 800-900 damage with a listed damage of 400-500. :iiam:

Trying to decide how high to take my masteries, since they're both at 10 and it's kind of limiting what I can equip (I'm trying to set on attribute points until I absolutely need to spend them, since I don't know how much spirit/cunning I'll need long-term and would prefer to just jack physique as much as possible). Right now I'm thinking I'll want occultist all the way to 50 for the modifier on Bysmiel's Bonds (+pet damage/speed) and at least 45 in shaman for the last briarthorn modifier (aura/shout group buff). But shaman 50 has the only 'exclusive' toggle that does anything for this build (even of half the stuff it does is useles, it has pet buffs while the occultist exclusive toggle is all chaos/vitality damage and junk that this character doesn't do), but both masteries to 50 means I only get what, 120 points for actual skills?

Is the bird worth ranking up? The hp/damage numbers from 1 to 2 don't seem to improve much. What about the sub-pet skills, like the bird's heal or lightning bolt, the hound's special claw attack or fire breath (the retaliation aura seems obviously good), or the briarthorn's aoe spike thing?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Dahbadu posted:

Sorry about the late response.

Here's a milestone you want to shoot for: http://grimcalc.com/build/scAQ5W

Rank Arcanist up first, to 20-32 Mastery, tagging all the wanted the skills along the way. Once you get around 20, you can start maxing out CT, IEE, and MSoP. Then dip into Occultist, tagging skills along the way to 25. Then max Sigil. Then fill out the rest of the tree per the milestone build.

You'll use CT and Sigil for most of the game. Put CT on your left-click. Basically, run into a group of mobs, place a Sigil around a tank spot, face tank them and blow them up with CT.

Equip heavy armor so you have armor. Use a caster off-hand or a shield (that gives damage types you need) while leveling. The damage types you're looking for are elemental, fire, aether, chaos. So equip stuff that gives you that. Cast speed is also nice, along with cooldown (for your Sigils). Items that give +1 to Arcanist or Occultist skills are almost best in slot. But remember, armor, HP, resistances, and physique are also your friend. You'll be tanking a lot if you play solo.

I would say you'd want to put 4 Physique : 1 Spirit with this build. You shouldn't need to put points in Coordination, but you can go 3 Physique : 1 Coordination : 1 Spirit if you want -- this way if you ever decide to equip ranged weapons you can.

Awesome thanks for this!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I got tired of trying gimmick builds (lol all-retaliation first character, this will go over just fine!) and running into metaphorical brick walls because I didn't know what was coming up content-wise.

So I started over as an idiot-proof pet wrangler build. Currently have rank 1 bird, bird heal, and mogdrogon pact with max hellhound and nearly max briarthorn. Smooth sailing so far, although I'm only through Burwitch village (again) and if I do the Depraved Sanctuary Salazar will probably ream me again.

Something is definitely wonky when it comes to pet stats, mine hit way harder than the numbers on their tooltips say. When my hellhound had a combine physical/fire damage of ~60 it was actually hitting mobs for something like 140. And the briarthorn will outright do 800-900 damage with a listed damage of 400-500. :iiam:

Trying to decide how high to take my masteries, since they're both at 10 and it's kind of limiting what I can equip (I'm trying to set on attribute points until I absolutely need to spend them, since I don't know how much spirit/cunning I'll need long-term and would prefer to just jack physique as much as possible). Right now I'm thinking I'll want occultist all the way to 50 for the modifier on Bysmiel's Bonds (+pet damage/speed) and at least 45 in shaman for the last briarthorn modifier (aura/shout group buff). But shaman 50 has the only 'exclusive' toggle that does anything for this build (even of half the stuff it does is useles, it has pet buffs while the occultist exclusive toggle is all chaos/vitality damage and junk that this character doesn't do), but both masteries to 50 means I only get what, 120 points for actual skills?

Is the bird worth ranking up? The hp/damage numbers from 1 to 2 don't seem to improve much. What about the sub-pet skills, like the bird's heal or lightning bolt, the hound's special claw attack or fire breath (the retaliation aura seems obviously good), or the briarthorn's aoe spike thing?

I have a level 50 pet dude and I went full shaman for the toggle buff and only far enough into occultist to get the lightning spell for the bird which is pretty good.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

This might be common knowledge, but I've just found out rifles are great. My gunslinger sorcerer traded his double Exterminus for the Flamespreader - which, sadly, does not actually spread flames - and I've never cleared content faster; I'm getting 50k crits all day long (max damage 63k, room for improvement still) and, while the dps on paper isn't quite as high, every shot hits for full damage instead of only one in ten (chance to use both guns when dual wielding). I'm also no longer forced to use a particular belt or medal.
Only downside is losing a slot for components and augments. Even attack speed isn't much of a factor with the +20% from Kraken.

In summary: if you're playing a gun build that is not a Pyromancer or a shield user, Get Yourself a Rifle Today.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
On the pyromancer note, I destroyed elite Log last night. If thermite mines aren't the absolute best skill for killing him, I don't know what is. Dropped a couple of sets and a sigil on him, shot up the tentacles and adds, reapplied as required (because he kept killing the mines) and I reckon it took about 45 seconds to take him down.

With only 5700ish HP though, I am very vulnerable to burst and I think Ultimate will destroy me. Guess I will find out tonight!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

seravid posted:

This might be common knowledge, but I've just found out rifles are great. My gunslinger sorcerer traded his double Exterminus for the Flamespreader - which, sadly, does not actually spread flames - and I've never cleared content faster; I'm getting 50k crits all day long (max damage 63k, room for improvement still) and, while the dps on paper isn't quite as high, every shot hits for full damage instead of only one in ten (chance to use both guns when dual wielding). I'm also no longer forced to use a particular belt or medal.
Only downside is losing a slot for components and augments. Even attack speed isn't much of a factor with the +20% from Kraken.

In summary: if you're playing a gun build that is not a Pyromancer or a shield user, Get Yourself a Rifle Today.

It's still better even without the -resist% debuff from Exterminus? I would have thought that would have made a much bigger difference.

Also I haven't found a single Ulzuin piece (or any endgame set piece, for that matter) and that makes me extremely sad. I haven't done a whole ton of endgame farming though, I've been more about trying builds.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

The Rokstar posted:

It's still better even without the -resist% debuff from Exterminus? I would have thought that would have made a much bigger difference.

Also I haven't found a single Ulzuin piece (or any endgame set piece, for that matter) and that makes me extremely sad. I haven't done a whole ton of endgame farming though, I've been more about trying builds.

If dual guns were like Nightblade's dual blades i.e. almost always up instead of almost never, it wouldn't be, but as it is the rifle hits so much harder than the pistols that it overcomes the loss in -resist through sheer brute force.
With that said, I'm stacking as much -resist as possible with: Elemental Storm, Flash Freeze, Ulzuin's Flame (from the set's headguard), Eldritch Fire and Viper.

Regarding high end loot, the only real farming I've done was during the treasure trove madness - that gave legendaries directly but also a lot of rare materials to gamble on Tyrant's blacksmith - and I still haven't found the fifth piece of the Ulzuin set. The RNG continues to deny me the shoulderguard while giving me more and more chestguards. Get on Discord and we can set up a trade if you want one of them.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Sorry if it's been mentioned in the thread recently, I looked at the OP and didn't see this addressed.

I've seen a few people talk about a trainer for this game, could someone post a link to it?

Farming for reputation/doing bounties is starting to bore me :(

Everything else about the game is fantastic though!!!

APB's PC Game Review: A+

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

WarLocke posted:

Right now I'm thinking I'll want occultist all the way to 50 for the modifier on Bysmiel's Bonds (+pet damage/speed) and at least 45 in shaman for the last briarthorn modifier (aura/shout group buff). But shaman 50 has the only 'exclusive' toggle that does anything for this build (even of half the stuff it does is useles, it has pet buffs while the occultist exclusive toggle is all chaos/vitality damage and junk that this character doesn't do), but both masteries to 50 means I only get what, 120 points for actual skills?

You definitely want both masteries to 50 on a pet Conjurer. Primal Bond is going to cover you defensively and ensure your pets stay up long enough to be resummoned, and Possession does more for pet damage than almost anything (because they'll actually hit moving stuff with that much speed). Pet builds don't need to rank anything beyond base pet skills, Blood of Dreeg, CoF, and toggles to max, anyways.

The bird isn't that great; I'd put a point into it and use it to trigger devotions at most. The pet attack subskills are just as underwhelming, unfortunately. However, Emboldening Roar is an incredible defensive buff with easy breakpoints (I think it's 5pts for 15% resists), and Hellfire Aura is worth a little dip in to buff every pet's damage.

seravid posted:

The Rokstar posted:

Rifles have massive, massive base damage and higher modifiers in general. Keep an eye out for Vortex of Souls; I'm pretty sure that's BiS for basically any rifle build. Hell, I'd hazard saying it's BiS for every rifle build that isn't physical/pierce Cadence.

There's a reason why projectile penetration isn't on any other gear in the game, I think.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I have VoS and I kinda force myself not to use it. I lose thousands of damage (damage per hit, not dps) with it compared to the build-appropriate Flamespreader and yet it destroys mobs infinitely faster. It's not a rifle, it's a gatling gun.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Only on Elite so far, and just got to Homestead. The Commando/Demo build is working well. I was a giant idiot (a shitter perhaps?) and postponed grenade until Fort Ivok or w/e it is (the place before Necropolis) so was bored as gently caress just right clicking to shoot as my sole damage output.

So yeah, at 5.6k hp, 7.2k DPS, and resists are all in the green. Chaos resist is only 8 though, so gonna have to hold onto any Ordered-modifier gear I find I assume to counter that bullshit. Just maxed out Soldier too, so getting that ultimate it has. Funny gimmick I've got going is I've got the Marauder belt still (level 26) and the Gunslinger's relic so I can fire off little 3-shot bursts surprisingly often for a bit of an alpha spike to go along with a grenade :metal:

Sorta sucks you only get 2 skill points per level later on though :(

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

What are some devotions to aim for with a petlord conjurer other than Shepherd's?

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Bysmiels does pet stuff as well. For tier 3, I think Mogdrogen is your only real option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

I've seen a few people talk about a trainer for this game, could someone post a link to it?

Get it here.

Caffeine IV posted:

Rifles have massive, massive base damage and higher modifiers in general. Keep an eye out for Vortex of Souls; I'm pretty sure that's BiS for basically any rifle build. Hell, I'd hazard saying it's BiS for every rifle build that isn't physical/pierce Cadence.

Think I just found the BiS for a bleed-focused Cadence Witchblade. That skill has no cooldown.