Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Give me another 30 seconds of Panda on Freestyle 4 it's my favorite Kanye song all time I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

It's like he got people to pay for a demo. Genius.

Capcom West

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Perfect!

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Kanye wants people to create and with each release has given us building blocks that would shame the pyramids

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The album is like noticeably better and I'm incredibly shocked by that.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

power botton posted:

Kanye wants people to create and with each release has given us building blocks that would shame the pyramids

Duplo West presents a "Choose Your Own Pablo" adventure.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
https://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

what the gently caress is this

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Paul Zuvella posted:

Agreed, I loved it before but its somehow much better.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

wow this album is a trip. It can be pretty cringey with the CPU voice and stupid(Lowlights/Waves) but it was actually interesting enough to listen to the whole thing. I like how they got a lot of extended samples.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally listening to TLOP: April Fool's Edition and tell me how these versions sound more like demos than the 1.0 versions :psyduck:

I'm sticking with my 1.0 copy. I don't feel like these changes add anything that was significantly lacking from the original release or anything. I'm used to 1.0 because I've heard it so many goddamn times by now and I'd have been open to switching to this version if it legit sounded better, but it just sounds wrong.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
This might be the first album to ever go number one on streaming alone, as sales thru the kanyewest.com shop are looking like they won't be reported. Estimated 90K conversion

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Has anyone bought this from the Digital Store? It doesn't say what quality it is.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's just more polished and refined it was already really good imho.

Wolves still surprisingly bad tho. And changing the line on Famous is still unforgivable...

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I actually think the more offensive change to Famous is changing the beginning of the "Bom Bom Bom" part

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Pirate Jet posted:

I actually think the more offensive change to Famous is changing the beginning of the "Bom Bom Bom" part

For reals. That change made the drop dramatically worse. The original Famous is still the best version.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Taking out those weird vocal samples from the beat of Fade was a misstep too although the song is mixed & mastered way way way way way better now so it's almost an even trade.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Real friends through tidal skips and jumps around weird. Has anyone had this issue with tidal?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the issue is that you are still using tidal when the album is no longer exclusive

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

KidVanguard posted:

For reals. That change made the drop dramatically worse. The original Famous is still the best version.

I have no idea what he was going for with the change. Maybe trying to make it so Rihanna's voice isn't obscured at the start of the drop? It sounds so much worse.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I have a problem I must confess.

I really like I love Kanye Remixes.

Anyone got more remixes that aren't drop the bass and funky beat remixes?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You have Sky High right?

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Are all of the various versions in sync now? Like, does Tidal have "the most correct version" while Spotify has a slightly older version? I can't keep track of what/when things have been updated

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

Are all of the various versions in sync now? Like, does Tidal have "the most correct version" while Spotify has a slightly older version? I can't keep track of what/when things have been updated

TLOP now has the Android fragmentation problem

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SgtScruffy posted:

I dont think anyone has any clue anymore not even yeezy.

Last i saw on twitter he was soliciting feedback on one of the fixed versions of Wolves so im guessing he still has the capacity for more inane tinkering in him

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I'm of two minds on Wolves personally. My gut reaction to the original (i.e. TLOP 1.0) version was that I was sad that Sia and Vic Mensa had been cut, but the bridge/verse he does at the end grew on me. Then he released the revised version and it felt overlong, or like he was trying to please everyone (which I believe to be the case). At the same time, though, I appreciate that he shoved the Frank Ocean stuff onto its own track on the 2.0 version. So I really don't know what I prefer, I guess.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still like the leaked OG version the most other than having the Frank bit twice

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
I'm on Apple Music and Low Lights/Highlights got removed/updated? :shrug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Still on spotify. Given that it's apple music im guessing a technical issue

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Chocolate Teapot posted:

I'm on Apple Music and Low Lights/Highlights got removed/updated? :shrug:

The entire album was removed then re-added. I think it must have been a technical issue, as everything sounds the same.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

thathonkey posted:

Still on spotify. Given that it's apple music im guessing a technical issue

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/699376240709402624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Everytime I see anything about this album and apple music I look back on that tweet and just snicker

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Give me another 30 seconds of Panda on Freestyle 4 it's my favorite Kanye song all time I think

Has any fan made a remix that bolted on a section of Tyler's freestyle to Freestyle 4? Anything making that song meatier than 1:30 long would be great.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The new F4 has a different beat and Tyler's freestyle is over his own remade version of the beat I think

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I've messing around with the tracklist and found this flowed pretty good. Besides missing something between Freestyle 4 and Low Lights.

Father Stretch My Hands
Pt. 2
Feedback
Highlights
No More Parties In LA
Freestyle 4
Low Lights
FML
Ultralight Beam
Real Friends
Waves
Frank's Track
Only One

Also loving this image that was up on Tidal.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

the better recording got taken down, but this is pretty dope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_eQhePWA8Y

It's too bad Coachella didn't book him, would've been perfect timing. Instead we get Calvin Harris and Guns N Roses.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Do you really think you know better than ye? I think it's pretty cocky when scrubs changing greatness.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Call Me Charlie posted:

I've messing around with the tracklist and found this flowed pretty good. Besides missing something between Freestyle 4 and Low Lights.

Father Stretch My Hands
Pt. 2
Feedback
Highlights
No More Parties In LA
Freestyle 4
Low Lights
FML
Ultralight Beam
Real Friends
Waves
Frank's Track
Only One

Also loving this image that was up on Tidal.

I think Wolves is the song you would want to put in that spot. And I would personally swap No More Parties and Waves, but yeah.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Do you really think you know better than ye? I think it's pretty cocky when scrubs changing greatness.

Meh, Album sequencing is pretty fun as it can completely change an album's tone and purpose.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Also this album is way too long and a completely directionless mess the way it was released. For me personally it's way better at 35 minutes and sequenced in a way that makes any sense... mine is a lot closer to I think the second or third tracklist he posted, the first one with the Waves title. But even then it's a far cry from something I'd call "greatness," more like Kanye's decent & sixth best album

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

obliriovrons posted:

Also this album is way too long and a completely directionless mess the way it was released. For me personally it's way better at 35 minutes and sequenced in a way that makes any sense... mine is a lot closer to I think the second or third tracklist he posted, the first one with the Waves title. But even then it's a far cry from something I'd call "greatness," more like Kanye's decent & sixth best album

What's the seventh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

obliriovrons posted:

Bow in the presence of greatness!!!!!!!

• Locked thread