Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Nietzschean posted:

So what is the alternative in your mind?

Oh geeze guys I really need to go right now because my dog is pissing directly on the child I've been neglecting all day to play this spaceship game but I dare not just walk away from the computer and let this spaceship die because REIMBURSEMENT IS NOT A THING and the knowledge of that keeps me shackled to this desk and pissing into an overflowing cheetos bag.
:goonsay:

Don't fly poo poo you can't afford to lose?

Don't play EVE if you have poo poo to do in the next 4-384712 hours?

Nietzschean posted:

Back when I first picked up this game in like 2008 or something I did a brief stint in a lowsec ~pirate~ corp that was also enrolled in faction warfare. The corp was small, and basically the CEO was our FC is ever we got together in a fleet together. There was no comms, just typed names in fleet chat to shoot. This was a gang of like 5 people at the most, and we were in small poo poo like t1 cruisers. It was pretty much the same in the 20-50 man fw fleets that I would sometimes join: it was just sort of assumed that everyone did whatever the purpose of their ship was, while at the time I really wanted to whore on killmails so I flew a griffin with a small smartbomb and jammed every enemy while shooting every friendly and either no one noticed or no one cared and in either respect no one ever yelled at me about it because there was no comms.

A simpler time. :sun:

Pretty sure this is goonfucking in TYOOL 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

OAquinas posted:

Yeah. I'm just about to unwin eve, but my toddlers may keep me from being successful at that.

I think that actually there's a bunch of us who didn't have toddlers when we started eve but have them now, and are returning for the war. I just have a couple of 2 hour windows in the week, and hope that we get a fight. But yeah, definitely just buying fits on contract and haven't resubbed my carrier alt.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

OAquinas posted:

Yeah. I'm just about to unwin eve, but my toddlers may keep me from being successful at that.

Toddlers and/or Wife- depending on the day.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Do you not understand that I, as a Lil Waffe, cannot afford to lose a Mach without SRP but I CAN afford to lose a Mach with SRP? Does it make sense to you how this may confer upon an alliance a strategic advantage in getting certain doctrines out onto the battlefield?

Like... c'mon son.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Shut the gently caress up Garr Khan.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Don't fly poo poo?

Don't play EVE?
ftfy

Xolve posted:

I don't think joining some pubbie lowsec pirate corp and shooting them is goonfucking in c u r r e n t y e a r but idk man what would I know apparently some dude got blacklisted for poo poo he did in another game.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

ftfy

I don't think joining some pubbie lowsec pirate corp and shooting them is goonfucking ityool2016 but idk man what would I know.

If it's not goonfucking then it's probably illegal in Texas.

Siets posted:

Do you not understand that I, as a Lil Waffe, cannot afford to lose a Mach without SRP but I CAN afford to lose a Mach with SRP? Does it make sense to you how this may confer upon an alliance a strategic advantage in getting certain doctrines out onto the battlefield?

Like... c'mon son.

I get that you're space poor and that basement floor skill machs provide something, for sure- but my point was that not everyone needs SRP (read: I'm not talking about newbie friendly GoonWaffe) and will not fall or be worn out in a growing 'war of attrition' via boredom. Different groups draw different groups of playstyles, I don't imagine everyone in Shadow Cartel is happy losing bling fit tengus, or everyone in Suddenly Spaceshits is keen on losing dreads just because- but given that those are the core doctrines/mainstays of those particular alliances (or were at some point) and without them, there's no ~content~ you can bet your rear end they will have a replacement as quick as possible, through whatever means necessary.

In the 8 years I actively played EVE in Nullsec, I filed for reimbursement twice- because both of those dreads were handed off to someone else so they could go on the op- Filing out space forms for trivial amounts of ISK just isn't my thing and more importantly, losing ships doesn't really matter.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 4, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why you gotta quote me mid edit thats mean

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Please tell us more about what goonfucking is in 2016 with your extensive current experience being in our alliance Xolve

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if this is some kind of weird talking point then ship me to the gulag i guess but dont goons play eve outside our space empire and could those other goons in eve gently caress themselves and or other goons who are not us as well

makes you think

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Worldshatter posted:

Anyone mind explaining who Baki Yuka is for those as historically inept as me?

I want to, but I'd rather wait for that reddit-guy to come up with a comprehensive list of things that laud his grandeur and Eve-prowess first.

Because it'll probably be really funny.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I think he was trying to make a joke about people trying to lower the bar for what counts as goonfucking recently, but he fumbled the poo poo out of it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Every time I hosed up in a fleet as a newbee it wasn't because I didn't care about my ship, it was because I hosed up my mumble setup and had fleet comms set to mute them but not myself so they could hear me and I couldn't hear them instead of the other way around. Having to pay for my own ship wouldn't have solved that problem.

And since I had like 90 thrashers some fatbee gave me to blow up I really didn't give a poo poo about blowing up thrasher #32 for the week.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Nietzschean posted:

Tell us, mister "The Mittani," about this Operation Wine Scam.

I think you mean Operation Swine Soma

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

vyst posted:

Please tell us more about what goonfucking is in 2016 with your extensive current experience being in our alliance Xolve

It was a joke you dumb baby.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Crown posted:

I think you mean Operation Swine Soma

resub and come lose ships with me

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Baki also managed to bungle up a large null sec financial scheme, I think that one was NOPEC?

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010
If you are going to talk about Baki, never forget the loki of D-S

https://zkillboard.com/kill/42805249/

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Xolve posted:

It was a joke you dumb baby.

and you're kind of a baby you dumb joke

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Deofuta posted:

Baki also managed to bungle up a large null sec financial scheme, I think that one was NOPEC?

he didn't just bungle that, he ran it so poorly it couldn't have shoveled cash from TEST to GSF any better if it tried

we then used that cash to fund the invasion of fountain, which went swimmingly well thanks in part to the GSF altcorp in TEST that Test's altcorp guy, Baki Yuku, had failed to notice for over a year and kept failing to notice even as TEST sbus were vanishing left and right

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GIA Agent Baki Yuki is a goon hero

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Won't PL just swap from shooting goons to shooting TEST if this ends with goons losing? I don't see PL giving up shooting nerds for basically anything.

PL will probably keep chasing goon until the fights give out, then yes shift to some other group of nerds to dunk on.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Baki is one of the most spergy insufferable people you will ever have the displeasure to share a mumble/jabber/irc channel with, hands down.

He is also one of the most useful and active people you will ever meet - which is why people still accept him into alliances still. Although generally he is given no access whatsoever. Whether or not you see that as enough to accept him is up to your specific group, but to PL/BL (rip) activity and usefuless is king of the Meritocracy and almost always worth it. And that Loki was a baller fit, that's a pro not a con.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

iirc baki yuku was also the person who told TEST members complaining they hadn't gotten reimbursements in ages (because TEST was broke in no small part thanks to baki yuku) to "stop being poor"

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

evilweasel posted:

iirc baki yuku was also the person who told TEST members complaining they hadn't gotten reimbursements in ages (because TEST was broke in no small part thanks to baki yuku) to "stop being poor"

Baki is EVE's own Donald Trump.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

rob3r posted:

This is a really good paragraph. Except Test has always had SRP.

Not during the failcascade, parts of which were fun since all the leadership went afk and aspiring FCs could basically do as they pleased. After they came back it resumed being total poo poo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

Just lol if you didn't go to b-r in a smartbombing interceptor and rub against all of the titans blue or red like the world's friendliest cat. Just. Lol.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just lol if you didn't go to b-r in a smartbombing interceptor and rub against all of the titans blue or red like the world's friendliest cat. Just. Lol.

I was logi :negative:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Magres posted:

poo poo my bad i quoted the wrong post

meant to be the thing with dragonstalker calling the thread an echo chamber and mocking the fact that he's from reddit, a site more or less designed to inherently turn every thread into an echo chamber

I don't think anyone disagrees that Reddit is poo poo.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

I didn't even go to B-R. I held the line camping some staging system.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Potato Salad posted:

I don't know how Baki Yuku is still allowed into alliances. He's killed so. many.

If an alliance lets one man torpedo them they deserved to die.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

kiresays posted:

Baki is one of the most spergy insufferable people you will ever have the displeasure to share a mumble/jabber/irc channel with, hands down.

He is also one of the most useful and active people you will ever meet - which is why people still accept him into alliances still.

So basically a logistics/finance version of DBRB?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Unfunny Poster posted:

Baki is awful. He's also a whiney baby 9/10 times he opens his mouth.

So are you but we still like you.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

I didn't even go to B-R. I held the line camping some staging system.

I was in your fleet for about a half hour. Ditched when they called for dics.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Nietzschean posted:

Used to be the TEST head finance guy. Sold alliance/coalition assets to himself and ran away with the bank when breasts became elevated.

Let's be real, TEST had it coming.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

pugnax posted:

I think that actually there's a bunch of us who didn't have toddlers when we started eve but have them now, and are returning for the war. I just have a couple of 2 hour windows in the week, and hope that we get a fight. But yeah, definitely just buying fits on contract and haven't resubbed my carrier alt.

FC says undock and cue the telltale screech over the baby monitor that says, "come clean up these putrid back shits".

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

i tried but those titans had officer smartbombs and kind of won.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

Some eleet pee vee pee innovation right here!! ISK efficiency for days! :shittypop:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

AAPsel posted:

i tried but those titans had officer smartbombs and kind of won.

Yes cruisers were dying in B-R from smartbombs alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the real winners of b-r were the people whose eve clients crashed an hour into it and who then just wandered off to do literally anything else for the next 20 hours

• Locked thread