Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It's true though. People are on SA, The Goon Stronghold of the Internet since Lowtax was a little girl, yet are complaining about the "quality" of the post content.

Sometimes we hit the wall of self-awareness with such force, it causes a paradigm shift of godly proportions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

darkarchon posted:

Not that. look at the TOP of the image I've posted. There's something encrypted there.

Let me enhance:

I'll be sadfeel grief if nobody figures this out

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

Galarox posted:

On this day in History:

:nsavince:

Who wrote the "Spergtastic strikes smartberg" column? It's a work of art.

In other news: I'm sick and should go the bed. You will have to reach page 3000AD without me. Paaarpspeed, commandos O7.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

It's true though. People are on SA, The Goon Stronghold of the Internet since Lowtax was a little girl, yet are complaining about the "quality" of the post content.

There have been great threads on SA over the years. We even had our Photoshop thread GIFs end up in a museum once!

Also I think you are heavily exaggerating the "fallout" and the need for a new thread at that time. Once they go under, most people are going to say "Welp, that's that." and head out after a day or two. This is a mismanaged company falling, not the government.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SerCypher posted:

I mean, it's a joke.

It's people's own fault for spending a lot of time on it.

Yes the star citizens are idiots but sometimes we can be idiots too. I thought the code was real, though I didn't try breaking it. Maybe that's what Derek was trying to show us. That we all just want something to believe in, goons and citizens both. That we're not so different after all.

-sniff-

:allears:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I endorse the GORF idea.
Derek for the new thread, GORF for the opsec

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

AP posted:

Remember that time :lesnick: said a patch was coming out and it might be worth Europe staying up and then it didn't?

That was not a patch, that was the release of AC.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Screams eeeEEE posted:

of loving course

More here. It's as crazy as you'd expect

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-interstellar-pirates/#post-2163

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

1500 posted:

That was not a patch, that was the release of AC.

Oh right, I forget, there's been so much stupid.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Jason Sextro posted:

agreed, once I finally cracked it I laughed my rear end off

I can only imagine Sandi yelling at some poor CIG staffer to crack that poo poo post-haste only to get that

this thread is only not funny when sad goons do what sad goons do, which is not contribute but instead complain that these aren't the contributions they like.......

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Charles Get-Out posted:

Derek's babel troll was really fuckin funny imo
I agree with you.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

1º no one in this thread gave money to DS and was expecting a revelation in return

2º if you believed for a minute that DS was holding some information that could legally hurt him if spilled prematurely and would then bet that a legion of goons wouldn't be able to break his oh so clever hints you must be new to this

3º several people must have been sweating bullets these last couple of days and desperately trying to break the code for damage control. that is funny as hell.

ahahahahah! ^this :smug:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I hope whatever the ELE is, it somehow involves both the Star Citizen Saudi horse and the Uppsala mafia.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Liu posted:

elite is a bad game and the recommendations for it in this thread have left me disgusted tbh

I'm glad of it.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

On this day in History:

Massive thanks to Beetwagon who provided the wonderful text.

Also thanks to those other Goons who got back to me and offwered their writing services.

Ho Lee Cow :five: :five: :five:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Variable 5 posted:

:ughh:

You're a loving moron. Everyone in this thread knows that CIG is going to fail. You keep coming in here to tell us that we're wrong on things that don't matter (like Sandi's favorite number or that they're lower on money than 8Ace has been told) without any kind of evidence to back up your claims, and then tell us to wait.

You have no credibility. You're not even funny, and you run what little traction you get with your posts into the ground and then try to claim it was all part of your plan when it backfires.

So gently caress off back to your twitlonger and your July blog and your lovely game that nobody is ever going to buy unironically.

Nice. Now that you're on ignore, I don't have to read your bile going forward.

e. no need for friendly fire ignore

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 4, 2016

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
At this point we are just sprinting to get to our arbitrary milestone so we can start fresh and fondly remember ThreadCruiser 3000 Pages AD

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

reminder to all white noise retards itt that derek has given more to this thread and the fascinating incompetence-borne implosion that supports it than literally anyone else. please remember this when he posts something that irritates you, personally, and you think you should post about it like we give a gently caress.

News Flash at 2:05pm My Time. No one cares in the same way no one cares about Star Citizen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Galarox posted:

On this day in History:

Also thanks to those other Goons who got back to me and offwered their writing services.

:golfclap:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

AP posted:

Oh right, I forget, there's been so much stupid.

Not only did it not release, but it took another week. Only CIG can go from "Any minute now" to taking another week. Then again same person said "weeks not months" and we are what? 10 months past that date.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ravachol posted:

This is actually probably accurate. But it would be fun to see the captain go down with his Ship.jpg

You're great at this

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

glad our one true warlord has returned to help rocket us to page 3,000

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
In honor of 2946, a reminder that Full Burn exists in universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxh4i3ZEqQ

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

CashEnsign posted:

Sometimes we hit the wall of self-awareness with such force, it causes a paradigm shift of godly proportions.

yeah. i am going to have an existential crisis if this keeps going

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

Derek I'm in Europe, should I stay awake tonight for this?

I haven't slept since page 2407

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Nice. Now that you're on ignore, I don't have to read your bile going forward.

e. no need for friendly fire ignore

:allears: Derek Smart, Internet Warlord

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Derek, a few days ago you said that when the final choice was revealed you'd disappear for a while.

It's time.

Ryan Archer.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

I like to imagine Chris attempting to woo investors, thinking his usual tricks and coding smoke and mirrors is going to go over the heads of professional game publishing companies, like it does with the cultists. There's such a stench around this product that it's no surprise the deals fell through. I guess Sandi's not marketing it to them properly. I also like to imagine that now he's trying to get some quick investment liquidity from some of the A-List actors he's been working with. Chris: "No, listen Gary, seriously, this is a sure thing. Don't you want your face in this product to be everywhere?" Gary: "It already is, Chris. Now gently caress off."

I would love to hear he stories behind CIG pitches to investors. Are they desperate for money, so they grovel before the investors feet? Is Roberts hopelessly arrogant, convinced that this game is the best ever and that investors should be honored to be given the chance to buy in?

Are the presentations as terrible as those CIG gives to the backers? Are the laughable incompetent, given the magnitude of what he is asking?

Has Roberts gone to EA, after mocking them?

Derek, inquiring minds wish to know.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

mr_jolly posted:

Derek, a few days ago you said that when the final choice was revealed you'd disappear for a while.

It's time.

Ryan Archer.

Ryan Archer.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

star citizen is straight up stale now and I don't think anything is ever going to come out of anything Derek says tbh

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I've coded a smart watch app to keep "time" by thread posts

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i'm learning about citizens

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Jason Sextro posted:

I hope whatever the ELE is, it somehow involves both the Star Citizen Saudi horse and the Uppsala mafia.

Oh god yes, I'm really hoping that chris roberts takes this into stupid arenas i haven't even dreamed possible.

Why hire all of the people that laundered money for the swedish mob if you're not going to do it again??

CashEnsign posted:

Honestly i'm a little proud every time someone calls out this forum as nothing but useless poo poo posts

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I don't think it's a troll but at this point I can understand why Derek wouldn't want to draw more focus to individual leavers. As people appear to be leaking stuff to him anyone who leaves immediately comes under suspicion, plus if the rest of the game industry is now laughing at Star Citizen (and why wouldn't they be?), that too draws more attention to them when all they really want to do is put it behind them and work somewhere else.

Not seen any sign so far that anyone did leave last week, apart from maybe one Engineer in Austin, but the above reasons might well encourage them to keep it quiet anyway.

Either Star Citizen is released and is good/amazing or Derek Smart proved right. He's playing with a stacked deck so why not have a laugh? It would be easier for him to be vague and bank his Star Marine prediction jackpot, but where is the fun in that?

Instead he's got everyone :argh: at him including a few people in this thread that should know better.

Out of the 11 that I have got wind of, 3 thus far are gone as of 03/31. This won't be reflected on their LinkedIn profile until they update it themselves.

The mass exit is still happening. More soon.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

D1E posted:

LOL I'm not sulking.

Derek just needs to comprehend that this stunt may have unforeseen consequences.

If anything, it only helps the Cultist's argument that he is a troll with no actual insight.

Good?

"Don't interrupt the enemy when he is makijg a mistake"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

D_Smart posted:

Out of the 11 that I have got wind of, 3 thus far are gone as of 03/31. This won't be reflected on their LinkedIn profile until they update it themselves.

The punchline is that the 8 remaining leavers are Chris Roberts, Sandi Gardiner, Disco Lando, Ortwin, and Ben.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Galarox posted:

On this day in History:

OMG!! :vince:

:five: :five: :five:

I'm too scared to even put this in my social media feed. I need to ask my wife's permission :D :D :D

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

The punchline is that the 8 remaining leavers are Chris Roberts, Sandi Gardiner, Disco Lando, Ortwin, and Ben.

:golfclap:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I've coded a smart watch app to keep "time" by putting the current time in your calendar then going back to when it started and continuing forward for 5 minutes then returning to the calendared time and going backward for 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Tell us the babel room containing the names of the leavers.

• Locked thread