Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

lol nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos
Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

yeah i know and I almost feel bad about it but it's not every day you find a medieval warning about cucking with the right username in it and i didn't want anyone to miss it

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos
I changed somebody's avatar as a joke that had a lot to do with their posting, and nobody ever seemed to have caught on. Months later, the avatar is different. The wit is gone, like tears in the rain. :smith:

----------------

alnilam

I like it and I'm glad you pointed it out or i would have missed it

Android Blues

i agree, that probation reason is a work of art that also does the impossible in refurbishing an otherwise regrettable meme

MrWillsauce

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I changed somebody's avatar as a joke that had a lot to do with their posting, and nobody ever seemed to have caught on. Months later, the avatar is different. The wit is gone, like tears in the rain. :smith:

buy it again if it really matters to you. Live your dream. Make it last.

Scaly Haylie

how does it feel to be in competition with the anime forum over good probe reasons, boner?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Lizard Wizard posted:

how does it feel to be in competition with the anime forum over good probe reasons, boner?

feels good and I hope byob can give them a run for their money.

MrWillsauce

I think they call it yen

Piso Mojado

MrWillsauce posted:

I think they call it yen

Bad Seafood

If you must blink, do it now.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

feels good and I hope byob can give them a run for their money.

Scaly Haylie

MrWillsauce posted:

I think they call it yen

i think zeni is the more appropriate term if you're just casually talking about money, cashola, etc.

MrWillsauce

lol I wouldn't know I don't watch anime

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

that beardy man yelling in the background is the QCS thread whining about the probations

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
my great grandpa is cool and would never whine thank you very much

unless you force him to work hard or do hard work

3D Megadoodoo

MrWillsauce posted:

lol I wouldn't know I don't watch anime

:butt::hf::mrwhite:

3D Megadoodoo

gonna blow my own horn for a second here because i'm really proud of this username+offence+reason combo:

given to Looke for writing cuck in the probation thread

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
just spent the first hour of work checking out your probe reasons

theyre all great

you can trust my opinion cause im getting paid to do this

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
what is an updog

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

not a much! what is an up with you?

hi how are you ♥

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
drat! i've been owned again :argh:

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

more like an oobdog heh

Maybe Magpie

Stop! I have a license to post!
hi thread, I'm magpie! I like cute animals, 1920s fashion, video games, target shooting, reading, and electronic music. :buddy:

MrWillsauce

what's goin on, magpie :buddy:

Maybe Magpie

not too much, just playing some video games before I go to the crafts store to pick up some fabric and paint for my tron cosplay I'm doing for ECCC (paint's for a prop, fabric is to hold the inverter for the EL tape in place)

corn in the fridge

by Shine
what are your best cute animals magpie? mine are cats and red pandas

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
welcome maybe magpie

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
magpie are you going to any electronic music festivals this year?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Maybe Magpie posted:

hi thread, I'm magpie! I like cute animals, 1920s fashion, video games, target shooting, reading, and electronic music. :buddy:

hi, what are you reading?

Maybe Magpie posted:

not too much, just playing some video games before I go to the crafts store to pick up some fabric and paint for my tron cosplay I'm doing for ECCC (paint's for a prop, fabric is to hold the inverter for the EL tape in place)

I know what tron is but i'm going to assume ECCC and EL are cosplay industry terms

Maybe Magpie

corn in the fridge posted:

what are your best cute animals magpie? mine are cats and red pandas

cats, chinchillas, bumblebees, most small birds, dogs, etc.

Adiabatic posted:

magpie are you going to any electronic music festivals this year?

depends on if my favorite band will be there! I :h: Ladytron (coincidence that they also have tron in their name, they're named after a song). Helen Marnie has the prettiest voice :3: They said they're probably releasing an album this year so hopefully they'll tour to promote it, I haven't seen them since their last tour in 2011.

hi, what are you reading?

I know what tron is but i'm going to assume ECCC and EL are cosplay industry terms

EL wire/tape is the glowy stuff they used in the 2nd tron movie, it's thin copper coated with a phosphor that lights up without producing significant heat when you run a current through it. My tron costume actually lights up! ECCC is emerald city comic con. Biggest on the west coast outside of SDCC I think? Not sure, don't quote me on that.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Hello Magpie!

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Maybe Magpie posted:

EL wire/tape is the glowy stuff they used in the 2nd tron movie, it's thin copper coated with a phosphor that lights up without producing significant heat when you run a current through it. My tron costume actually lights up! ECCC is emerald city comic con. Biggest on the west coast outside of SDCC I think? Not sure, don't quote me on that.

sounds fun! being a jock I play tabletop wargames (or I would if I had any friends) so I look down on your hobby as a thing of nerds. Well I would if I didn't like Tron so much.

Are you related to Mister Magpie by any chance?

Maybe Magpie

sounds fun! being a jock I play tabletop wargames (or I would if I had any friends) so I look down on your hobby as a thing of nerds. Well I would if I didn't like Tron so much.

Are you related to Mister Magpie by any chance?

I do too, just infrequently these days (flames of war, mainly. I like 20th century history!)

And no, no relation. I picked the name because 1. birb :3: 2. Maybe sounds kinda like Maeve, which is a name I think is pretty. 3. I wasn't sure what username to use and thought "hmm, maybe Magpie... wait that sounds good"

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
Best thing about magpies is their hate of cyclists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7Gw217EJ4

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
But yeah, magpies are my favourite birds after the hooded crows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRnI4dhZZxQ

----------------

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Google night GBS, cruel and so gay
Good whatever FYAD, you dont sleep anyway
Good night D&D, please shut the gently caress up
And good night BYOB, the place that doesn't suck

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aww.

----------------

Bad Seafood

If you must blink, do it now.

that beardy man yelling in the background is the QCS thread whining about the probations
True genius is never appreciated in its own time.

We are reviled now, but history will remember the sacrifices we made and the indignities we suffered in the name of greatness.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Bad Seafood posted:

True genius is never appreciated in its own time.

We are reviled now, but history will remember the sacrifices we made and the indignities we suffered in the name of greatness.

I've still got three and a half weeks to go. if I haven't given a QCS poster an aneurysm or had a brick thrown through my window by the end of April i will have failed and someone else will have to pick up the baton.

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer