Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Leelee posted:

Okay, bought!

Have to watch Samurai Cop first though.

You won't be disappointed.

I watched Samurai Cop last night and it baffled me immensely. The Samurai Cop was so unlikable. Just a slimy douche. And it got too dark a little more than halfway through. The only likable characters had the worst things happen to them.

The Guy From Harlem is literally an order of magnitude well made than Samurai Cop. That says a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This kiss on the forehead is what sealed the deal on samurai cop being the greatest movie ever.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

2DCAT posted:

This kiss on the forehead is what sealed the deal on samurai cop being the greatest movie ever.

Not even that, but the 4th wall break right before it. He does it again when he rolls under the fence. I love that.

Again, if you liked Samurai cop and want more, watch Hollywood cop. It's just as hosed up, in the best way possible. Amir Shervan's movies are just nothing but :psyduck: moments.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Samurai Cop has the most ridiculous gun deaths.

And was Z'Dar driving up in a Suzuki Samurai meant to be a joke?

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 27, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was just watching Guy from Harlem when I heard a shout-out to Oxnard. That was nice.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New short is up, The Tiny Astronaut.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

IUG posted:

I'm guessing no acknowledgement at all from Joel still, right?

He's been busy with production on the new eps, and was very quiet on Twitter from February through March. But several days ago he tweeted a congratulations on hitting their goal, and encouraged people to check it out.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

It's funny how the "Supersonic Man" theme kept on almost infringing on the Superman theme but would turn away at the last second.

I can't believe they didn't stick with the italodisco theme for the dub.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Joel will be at the reunion.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Not sure I want to believe.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/michaeljnelson/status/715954292855873537

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I just got an email the confirms it, and says it's not an April Fool's joke.

quote:

Kickstarter

It’s official: All Principal Cast Members returning for MST3K Reunion Show! PLUS new reward levels!
Posted by RiffTrax: Mike, Bill & Kevin (Creator)
This is not a joke.

Hello everyone,

It may be April Fools’ Day but we promise this is an actual, real news update from RiffTrax HQ: We can now confirm that ALL the principal cast of MST3K will be appearing at our MST3K Reunion Show on June 28th! As the Onion A.V. Club mentions in their exclusive article, Joel and Jonah have confirmed that they’ll be joining us for this historic event, riffing on a short and then joining us on stage for the grand finale.

Tickets for the show go on sale in a couple of weeks. Kickstarter backers will get advance purchasing opportunities, along with other perks, so please consider making a pledge if you haven't already - even a $1 donation gets you into the club!

And to all of our backers who are with us thus far, we are continually humbled by your continued support, and we hope this latest news makes you even more excited about our upcoming year of live shows.
New Rewards: MEAT RAFFLE + COLORING BOOK!

Since we hit our base goal of $225,000, that means you've unlocked TWO more Live Shows for this year! We don’t yet have titles confirmed for these, but we are working diligently to try and get some great ones before this campaign closes.

We’re finalizing a few fun stretch rewards as well, and we’ll be posting those by Monday.

But before that happens, we’ve added two more awesome rewards to further up the ante:

$90: TIME CHASERS COLORING BOOK! Everyone loves a coloring book these days, and this Time Chasers-themed book created by artist Jordan Colton (who also created the Manos coloring book) will feature over 100 pages of time-travel fun!

$1,750: MEAT RAFFLE WITH RIFFTRAX! You and one guest will join Mike, Kevin, Bill (and as many of the MST cast as dare to show up) backstage at the State Theater immediately after the Reunion Show as they host a longtime Nordeast Minneapolis tradition: the Meat Raffle.

What is a meat raffle? It works like this: you buy raffle tickets, you spin the giant meat raffle wheel, you win meat. Or you don’t win meat. The meat wheel determines your fate.

Hosted by Mike, Kevin and Bill with meat provided by a local butcher, the meat raffle is forty-five minutes of edge-of-your-seat excitement and fun as you compete with fellow rafflees for tenderloins, sausages, bacon, round steaks and chucks. (Meat raffle tickets included in the Meat Raffle package.) You’ll also get everything from the $250 rewards package!

So stay tuned for another update as we continue the final week of our 2016 Kickstarter campaign. Thank you, won't you?

- Mike, Bill, Kevin and the RiffTrax team

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Welp, honestly didn't see that coming.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
This is gonna be so :3:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This seems like a good deal to pick up all of those stretch goal shorts. Do I still get those rewards even if I contribute after the stretch goals have been met? Do you get the stretch rewards immediately or only after the campaign is finished? I've never Kickstarted anything before, and the wording is a little iffy.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
When the kickstarter ends (in 7 days), you get the rewards for whatever level you chose to back at (plus the stretch goal shorts since those will be given to every backer at all tiers)

The way they've done it for previous rifftrax kickstarters is to have a special kickstarter rewards page on the rifftrax site tied to your account where everything you're entitled to will show up as they roll stuff out over the course of the year. Since the shorts already exist they'll probably be made available pretty quickly after the campaign ends.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Hunterhr posted:

This is gonna be so :3:

They'll have to factor in the likely standing ovations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Going by last year's Kickstarter email updates I saved:

2/19 - Backed the Room/Miami Connection/Sharknado 2/Santa Meets The Ice Cream Bunny.

3/21 - Funding closed.

5/06 - The Room Live broadcast.

7/09 - Sharknado 2 Live broadcast.

10/01 - Miami Connection Live broadcast.

??? - Backer's Portal launched. I can't find the exact email, but they were holding off on giving the shorts and downloads until they launched this portal which managed what you could download based on your pledge level. (from an email on 11/16.)

12/01 - Miami Connection could be downloaded for those who pledged $45 and over.

12/03 - Santa Meets The Ice Cream Bunny Live broadcast.

3/01/16 - Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2 Riff, The Room re-recorded Riff, and Santa Meets The Ice Cream Bunny Live download released to backers.

IUG fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 2, 2016

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Watching again, and "When Jennifer met Mumble Ape" is pretty good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nightmare at Noon is a loving bizarre movie. Like their choice of "hero" or how Wings Hauser gets shot in the chest and is somehow okay.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
This year's KS is, very likely, about to blow past 4,600 backers today -- just a few days shy of the final 48 hour rush. I wonder if the guys thought that was even possible.

That translates to $318,011 and climbing, BTW.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Yeah, this go-round has completely crushed every previous Rifftrax KS. The reunion show is great but I never would have thought it'd have this much of an impact.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Ballz posted:

Yeah, this go-round has completely crushed every previous Rifftrax KS. The reunion show is great but I never would have thought it'd have this much of an impact.

It probably helps that it's coming fairly soon after the MST3K Kickstarter.

I gotta wonder if Rifftrax sales have gone up at all thanks to that.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

This year's KS is, very likely, about to blow past 4,600 backers today -- just a few days shy of the final 48 hour rush. I wonder if the guys thought that was even possible.

That translates to $318,011 and climbing, BTW.

I wonder what happened on April 1st and 2nd. The campaign contributions were flat for a couple weeks, and then these two days received a significant increase in both pledges and backers (see kicktraq charts).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ringu0 posted:

I wonder what happened on April 1st and 2nd. The campaign contributions were flat for a couple weeks, and then these two days received a significant increase in both pledges and backers (see kicktraq charts).

April 1st was when they announced Joel was joining the reunion.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

e: /\/\/\/\/\ Thanks!

New stretch goals:

$335,000: a brand new RiffTrax MP3 commentary for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
$350,000: an MP3 commentary for the pilot episode of Game of Thrones
$370,000: a special RiffTrax Edition Castleton t-shirt
$390,000: a DVD of the MST3K Reunion Show

With 4 days to go, the campaign is currently closing on $326,000.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Short on cash right now, but I pledged a buck for the shorts. Wish I could've pledged more.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this? posted:

Nightmare at Noon is a loving bizarre movie. Like their choice of "hero" or how Wings Hauser gets shot in the chest and is somehow okay.

It also, oddly, has a fantastic helicopter chase scene.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

ringu0 posted:

e: /\/\/\/\/\ Thanks!

New stretch goals:

$335,000: a brand new RiffTrax MP3 commentary for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
$350,000: an MP3 commentary for the pilot episode of Game of Thrones
$370,000: a special RiffTrax Edition Castleton t-shirt
$390,000: a DVD of the MST3K Reunion Show

With 4 days to go, the campaign is currently closing on $326,000.

I really need to see one for Game of Thrones. I'd love it if they did more of the series!

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

MegaZeroX posted:

I really need to see one for Game of Thrones. I'd love it if they did more of the series!

I'm curious about this one as well, although I think GoT is a bit too tragic for RiffTrax. A certain bonfire in Season 5 comes to mind...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Remember X-Men 1 that they did? That opened with the literal holocaust.

I missed them doing TV shows. I have the two episodes of Heroes from way back, and I know they did Lost. I don't think they did too many more shows.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They should do Boris Karlofs Thriller show.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kevin tweeted a sound test for the next Rifftrax. Which movie is this because it looks amazing bad.

https://twitter.com/kwmurphy/status/717424843784921094

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Rirse posted:

Kevin tweeted a sound test for the next Rifftrax. Which movie is this because it looks amazing bad.

It's Cyber Tracker. Which appears to be a lame Robocop rip off.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109515/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

It's a good bet that it has "Blood" in the title.

EDIT:^^^^ Ooooh. I was wrong. But looking at Don "the Dragon" Wilson's IMDB page it was good odds.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

The Piper posted:

It's Cyber Tracker. Which appears to be a lame Robocop rip off.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109515/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

They continue to have the wrong ROTOR!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

IUG posted:

I missed them doing TV shows. I have the two episodes of Heroes from way back, and I know they did Lost. I don't think they did too many more shows.

Mike and Bridget also did the first two episodes of Grey's Anatomy.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rirse posted:

That looks disturbingly familiar but I can't quite place it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The 2016 Sketchfest is now available for download or streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

IUG posted:

I did not know they riffed X-Men, and now I want to see that.

• Locked thread