Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ThomasPaine posted:

I really liked the concept behind the 100 and wanted it to be good so badly but gently caress me that is a terrible tv show

I stuck with it up until the latest episode. It started off ok, but the melodrama just too much to deal with anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

When does it get poo poo? 'Er in doors is watching it, when should I start finding excuses?
S1 has seemed allright so far.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The first episode? I don't understand the question.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Well THAT just happened on the Archers.....:stare:

Rob totally deserved it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What did just happen on The Arhcers? Did the spousal-abuse storyline come to a head?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

What did just happen on The Arhcers? Did the spousal-abuse storyline come to a head?

Helen told Rob she was leaving him after years of coercive control, gas-lighting, and making her feel like she was going mad. poo poo went down and she ended up stabbing him, possibly to death. I've found the entire story line compulsive and horrible listening. I was spoiled for it by the bloody Daily Mail cover today, of all things

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

also Bert lost his calipers

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The 100 has a terrible start but ends up being really good stuff with some real moral dilemmas like Battlestar Galactica used to do.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So apparently Ade Edmondson has been cast in Star Wars VIII. That is the world we now live in.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...e-a6968071.html

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is he going to be Jerjer Bunks?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Eddie Palpatine.

"Any relation?"
"Well, I have a mother."

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

BizarroAzrael posted:

So apparently Ade Edmondson has been cast in Star Wars VIII. That is the world we now live in.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...e-a6968071.html

When I saw him in the recent War & Peace I knew that wouldn't be the limit and I was happily right.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is he going to appear and do a classic 5 minute rant from the mid 80s, only replacing every mention of "Thatcher" with "Palpatine"?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

goatface posted:

Is he going to appear and do a classic 5 minute rant from the mid 80s, only replacing every mention of "Thatcher" with "Palpatine"?

I will the happiest nerd on earth if he is to Star Wars what Brian Blessed was to Flash Gordon. This will be incredible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rondette posted:

Helen told Rob she was leaving him after years of coercive control, gas-lighting, and making her feel like she was going mad. poo poo went down and she ended up stabbing him, possibly to death. I've found the entire story line compulsive and horrible listening. I was spoiled for it by the bloody Daily Mail cover today, of all things

Ah, reminds me of Little Mo Slater. Those were the days.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rarity posted:

Ah, reminds me of Little Mo Slater. Those were the days.

Little Mo beating Trevor to death with an iron is #2 soap moment behind, of course, Crackhead Phil Mitchell.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

So apparently Ade Edmondson has been cast in Star Wars VIII.

I hope he has a frying-pan shaped light sabre.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Little Mo beating Trevor to death with an iron is #2 soap moment behind, of course, Crackhead Phil Mitchell.

I thought he survived though..?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

chippocrates posted:

I thought he survived though..?

He probably did, I can't remember.

Oh wait, didn't he die in a fire?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Fatty posted:

Looks like James May is getting in on the slow programs bandwagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSW-Pdm8CEM

Oddly looking forward to it, my dad will like the guitar one.

Is this on tonight?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Sadly, he didn't die and Little Mo went to jail for a while for beating him.

The man was a monster! He poured gravy on Little Mo's head on xmas day!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

SEX BURRITO posted:

Sadly, he didn't die and Little Mo went to jail for a while for beating him.

The man was a monster! He poured gravy on Little Mo's head on xmas day!

Can't have your meat without gravy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The doctor on The Island continues to be terrifyingly incompetent, offering painkillers for phantom limb pain.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

The doctor on The Island continues to be terrifyingly incompetent, offering painkillers for phantom limb pain.

I made a joke on twitter about her Alice in Wonderland line and she retweeted it, which I thought was odd. I'm thinking about telling her she's a terrible doctor next.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She's a poo poo doctor, might as well try to rack up the twitter followers and give the media personality thing a go.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Shame the woman who did not want to be defined by her lack of leg ultimately had to leave because of it.

SImon the insurance manager is an arse, I did love that not too complimentary montage of him going on about how weak women were while he tripped and stumbled all over the place. I love farmer/streaker/bed builder/lady Erika, I hope to be that sort of arrogant, no bullshit kinda woman when I grow up.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Rondette posted:

Shame the woman who did not want to be defined by her lack of leg ultimately had to leave because of it.

SImon the insurance manager is an arse, I did love that not too complimentary montage of him going on about how weak women were while he tripped and stumbled all over the place. I love farmer/streaker/bed builder/lady Erika, I hope to be that sort of arrogant, no bullshit kinda woman when I grow up.

I've not watched the show but I saw the advert/trailer with that woman in and she seemed loving awesome. Did she do well?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

thehustler posted:

I've not watched the show but I saw the advert/trailer with that woman in and she seemed loving awesome. Did she do well?

Yes, in the sense that she can carry a giant can of water on her head for hours and build a bed out of bits of wood. No in the sense that she seemed a bit quick to get the huff as soon as the men turned up - as far as I could see they hadn't really done anything before she started her whole "boo the men taking over boo" thing. Having said that, the one clashing with her most is a gigantic bellend

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thehustler posted:

I think she'll piss a lot of people off and she probably would be hard work to be around, but...I like her. I like people like that that know themselves and don't take any crap, especially from doughy insurance salesmen. She runs a farm and I don't think I'd take kindly to mansplaining from someone like that quite frankly! I wouldn't be surprised if she hosed off on her own and made her own little camp.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Jesus... Stewart Lee this week... I don't know where to start. I know I should stop watching it in the office, though...

The bit with the hearing aid had me howling

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've found this season kind of poo poo, to be honest. Is the finale an improvement?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

The last one is basically him deconstructing his entire career I think.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

thehustler posted:

The last one is basically him deconstructing his entire career I think.

Does he regret letting the Plinny puppet become moldy and rotted?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

thehustler posted:

Jesus... Stewart Lee this week... I don't know where to start. I know I should stop watching it in the office, though...

The bit with the hearing aid had me howling

After the episode with 20 minutes of making GBS threads noises, and last week's episode where the second half was just chewing noises, i've given up on him.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

SEX BURRITO posted:

After the episode with 20 minutes of making GBS threads noises, and last week's episode where the second half was just chewing noises, i've given up on him.

You've played right into his hands.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Clearly I'm not clever enough to watch his performances. Better go buy one of those Russell Howard DVDs tomorrow. He seems like a chipper young lad.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Escobarbarian posted:

I've found this season kind of poo poo, to be honest. Is the finale an improvement?

SEX BURRITO posted:

Those bits owned actually, but no, this episode is more like the climaxes of Milder Comedian and Carpet Remnant World.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Yeah 4 and 5 were shite but this is one of the best

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Rondette posted:

I think she'll piss a lot of people off and she probably would be hard work to be around, but...I like her. I like people like that that know themselves and don't take any crap, especially from doughy insurance salesmen. She runs a farm and I don't think I'd take kindly to mansplaining from someone like that quite frankly! I wouldn't be surprised if she hosed off on her own and made her own little camp.

I thought she was pretty awesome actually. She doesn't take poo poo and gets things done. She might've seemed a little 'off' when the men first turned up, but she was ultimately right about how the dynamics changed.

By contrast, Simon is the hugest oval office who is massively intimidated by women, particularly any who might not agree with him. He had the horrible comment about "there's about 2 good ones there compared to our 8". To top it off he's useless, which the show seems to love gleefully pointing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

"We can knock a bed up, twenty minutes, easy"

*4 hours later*

"Men are just better than women innit"