Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Who What Now posted:

This comic is good

you said it not me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Who What Now posted:

This comic is good and dead, much like this thread should be.

Never.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Who What Now posted:

This comic is good and dead, much like this thread should be.
The author's just busy learning a valuable lesson about How Many One Thousand is.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I kind of adore the fact that the merch update images, featuring Quill-Weave, have been in monochrome. :3:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kazerad posted:

The author's just busy learning a valuable lesson about How Many One Thousand is.

C'mon Kaz you could find time to update if you just scaled back this ridiculous poo poo you do and focused on pushing content out. If the comic doesn't update for half a year it's not just because you're irresponsible and bite off more than you can chew, even though you constantly do. It's 'cause you don't have any dedication to the actual story you're writing.

When Endtown's creator lost his motherboard he put up the strip the very next day. You delayed an update for at least a month because you wanted to make a flash game out of it. I've heard you talk about all these things you try out to "save time in the future" and yet each update gets further and further apart. You don't even draw half the art anymore.

It doesn't count as learning a lesson when you walk away with no more wisdom than before.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Squeegy posted:

this ridiculous poo poo you do

please refer to the comic by its proper name

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I demand a refund.

for all the comic panels I've read so far.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Prequel is like Dresden Codak except sometimes there's a thirty-minute Flash game

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jackard posted:

Prequel is like Dresden Codak except sometimes there's a thirty-minute Flash game

Prequels done more in two(?) years than Diaz had done in more than six. Let's not tell lies as we're bagging on Kaz for being lazy good-for-nothing.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
prequelguy never released the nudes either

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I just think a guy who prides himself on his openness and honesty should be more open and honest about why he's not getting poo poo done as he rakes in thousands of dollars on merchandise for a story that hasn't progressed in half a year. :shrug:

I'll have to find that graph showing the rate of updates since it started.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Squeegy posted:

I'll have to find that graph showing the rate of updates since it started.

Please don't because nobody really gives a poo poo.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's good to know that you speak for nobody

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Prequels done more in two(?) years than Diaz had done in more than six.
Irrelevant. I could have said more, like "except not an rear end in a top hat" or "doesnt jerk off to his own avatar" but felt that was unneeded

Jackard fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 4, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Who What Now posted:

Please don't because nobody really gives a poo poo.

I'd find it interesting

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kaz Homestuck is going to end before you update again

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bad news, I found it

This is like a year or two old, so

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm starting to think he isn't really interested in that project anymore. It's just such a terrible point in the story for a year long hiatus. Pretty much anything that happened since the arrival in that town has been leading up to this, but now it fall kinda flat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Final update should be the cat girl finally hanging herself. She's so miserable and stupid.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
to be fair it would probably be difficult to maintain motivation when your hobby is producing content consumed primarily by rape fetishists and furries

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

please refer to the comic by its proper name

That could (and should) be its proper name.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Normal Adult Human posted:

to be fair it would probably be difficult to maintain motivation when your hobby is producing content consumed primarily by rape fetishists and furries

and if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you

except more the other way around

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Normal Adult Human posted:

I thought that was his motivation

He built it, they came

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Squeegy posted:

I thought that was his motivation

He built it, they came

he was performing important market research into greasy creep boners

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Air is lava! posted:

I'm starting to think he isn't really interested in that project anymore. It's just such a terrible point in the story for a year long hiatus. Pretty much anything that happened since the arrival in that town has been leading up to this, but now it fall kinda flat.

It would be stellar if he canceled the comic as soon as he was done with all the merchandise. I for one would laugh.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Squeegy posted:

Bad news, I found it

This is like a year or two old, so
To be fair, cut off the first year of that graph and you have a more or less flat, albeit sparse schedule

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

CrashCat posted:

To be fair, cut off the first year of that graph and you have a more or less flat, albeit sparse schedule

You also have no comic

Maleficent
May 26, 2014
Years ago I thought this was just a shameless cash-in at the peak of Homestuck's popularity. Looks like I wasn't entirely wrong if that graph speaks for anything.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I still enjoy Prequel and consider any updates to be a pleasant surprise when they appear on my feed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter posted:

Final update should be the cat girl finally hanging herself. She's so miserable and stupid.

This is my fetish btw

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I still don't understand how people like a comic about the main character always getting screwed over by everyone.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I still don't understand how people like a comic about the main character always getting screwed over by everyone.

Mostly because it isn't really that. It's a two steps forward, one step back situation. Katia's gone from a broke, unemployed alcoholic with no skills whatsoever to someone with magic power, an item bar full of stuff, and an idea of what to do in the short term. It just hasn't been a Skinner box of continual accomplishment, though. It's been a struggle, with setbacks and problems, but after each crisis, she's found herself a little bit better off than where she was before.

And that's kind of interesting and worth reading. Oh, and there are flash games!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Yeah, if anything the comic's had a pretty steady message of encouragement and self-improvement in the face of desperate struggle. I mean, I wouldn't call it great, but it's certainly interesting enough to keep reading (If it ever updates again).

The thread title could definitely use a change, regardless.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

That tagline / thread title has always been kind of creepy

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Hey, people like Ziggy.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey, people like Ziggy.

...Do they?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I think the last Ziggy fans are quite close to death by now, so don't fear

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jackard posted:

That tagline / thread title has always been kind of creepy

this forum has been fine with the tagline for close to five years

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

"Fine" aka not really worth mentioning

But then again, why change the title for a dead comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Still waiting on the merch, but I have no doubt it will eventually arrive. Regarding whether the comic eventually updates, I have no clue. I decided to just make a bad joke instead.

Sixx Spades fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 21, 2016

• Locked thread